Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
sneed
Posts: 822
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 2:32 am
Has thanked: 846 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by sneed » March 19th, 2020, 8:22 pm




sneed
Posts: 822
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 2:32 am
Has thanked: 846 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by sneed » March 19th, 2020, 8:25 pm

It lets you vote as much as you want. What else are we doing?



pilotaggie
Posts: 564
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by pilotaggie » March 19th, 2020, 9:06 pm

Estes on the #2 line is all I need to realize this is a horrible list.
These users thanked the author pilotaggie for the post:
NavyBlueAggie



slcagg
Posts: 3754
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 205 times
Been thanked: 327 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by slcagg » March 19th, 2020, 9:09 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 9:06 pm
Estes on the #2 line is all I need to realize this is a horrible list.
Nah jimmer is the best ever.



cdaAg
Posts: 632
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:41 am
Location: Perry, enfin
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by cdaAg » March 19th, 2020, 10:01 pm

Definitely some recency bias in some of the seedings.
These users thanked the author cdaAg for the post:
sstrasser



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8788
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 3682 times
Been thanked: 1922 times
Contact:

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by aggies22 » March 19th, 2020, 10:16 pm

Can somebody rig something up to vote out as many of the byu players as possible?
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Real Life Aggie



utaggies
Posts: 3887
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by utaggies » March 19th, 2020, 10:38 pm

The KSL bracket is ridiculous. The Zoobies will stuff the ballot box. What would really be fun would be for one of our computer jockeys to develop a 32-player bracket of only Aggie players and then have the bracket play out over the course of a number of weeks. Posters could make their case for why one player is “better” than another player. Could be fun.

Here is a link to “what if?” for pro and college sports. It allows match-ups between teams from different eras/years. The college basketball goes back to teams from the late 1990s through the 2019-20 season. Sam Merrill vs. Jaycee Carroll and Queta vs. Wesley is a lot of fun. Maybe a 16-team bracket of the all-time best Aggie teams would be interesting. Folks could make their case.

https://www.whatifsports.com/ncaab/default.asp#top
These users thanked the author utaggies for the post:
Slim80



QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 15692
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 524 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 20th, 2020, 2:28 am

utaggies wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 10:38 pm
The KSL bracket is ridiculous. The Zoobies will stuff the ballot box. What would really be fun would be for one of our computer jockeys to develop a 32-player bracket of only Aggie players and then have the bracket play out over the course of a number of weeks. Posters could make their case for why one player is “better” than another player. Could be fun.

Here is a link to “what if?” for pro and college sports. It allows match-ups between teams from different eras/years. The college basketball goes back to teams from the late 1990s through the 2019-20 season. Sam Merrill vs. Jaycee Carroll and Queta vs. Wesley is a lot of fun. Maybe a 16-team bracket of the all-time best Aggie teams would be interesting. Folks could make their case.

https://www.whatifsports.com/ncaab/default.asp#top
ran a simulation.

2007-08 Aggies 83 2019-20 Aggies 67.

Sam goes 5/12 for 18, Queta has 13 and 5. Carroll goes 8/17 for 24 and brayden bell airballs a 3 that lands behind where he released the shot.


edit: also ran a sim for 2018 football vs 2019 football. I made it on a neutral field, but set the weather to -15 degrees, heavy wind, and a lot of snow.

'18 Jordan Love 19/38 275 yards 3 touchdowns 0 interceptions
'19 Jordan Love 19/33 249 yards 3 touchdowns 6 interceptions

Jordan better clean up those interceptions. You can't get outclassed by somebody like 2018 Jordan Love and expect to hear your name on draft day.

oh btw 2018 won 48-24
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 2):
tysteve20sneed



User avatar
SweepDance
Posts: 397
Joined: February 7th, 2011, 12:18 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by SweepDance » March 20th, 2020, 1:42 pm

According to the way the bracket is laid out all of the 1-seeds will play each other in the second round? :headscratch:



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8788
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 3682 times
Been thanked: 1922 times
Contact:

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by aggies22 » March 20th, 2020, 2:57 pm

SweepDance wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 1:42 pm
According to the way the bracket is laid out all of the 1-seeds will play each other in the second round? :headscratch:
That's KSL for you.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15708
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 347 times
Been thanked: 887 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 21st, 2020, 3:44 pm

slcagg wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 9:09 pm
pilotaggie wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 9:06 pm
Estes on the #2 line is all I need to realize this is a horrible list.
Nah jimmer is the best ever.
You know that’s how it’s gonna end.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 2204
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 21st, 2020, 5:17 pm

How is brayden bell not number 1?



gomretat
Posts: 587
Joined: November 27th, 2013, 10:16 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by gomretat » March 21st, 2020, 6:24 pm

The bracketing is really messed up. The most glaring one for me is Nate Williams. He is one of the best players to ever lace em up on a college floor in our wonderful state. He is definitely a top 15 or 16 guy and he got a 9 seed.
Last edited by gomretat on March 22nd, 2020, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2665
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by GUS » March 21st, 2020, 7:59 pm

I've been doing my best to help the Aggie players.
These users thanked the author GUS for the post:
sstrasser



blueaggie
Posts: 917
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by blueaggie » March 21st, 2020, 11:05 pm

How about Greg Grant being a 13 seed? He was an amazing player. Third all time leading scorer in Aggie history.



USUMAE
Posts: 212
Joined: September 3rd, 2015, 2:41 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by USUMAE » March 22nd, 2020, 10:17 am

Yeah, this bracket is a joke. I'm not going to dignify it with a vote.



gomretat
Posts: 587
Joined: November 27th, 2013, 10:16 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by gomretat » March 22nd, 2020, 10:18 am

blueaggie wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 11:05 pm
How about Greg Grant being a 13 seed? He was an amazing player. Third all time leading scorer in Aggie history.
Agreed. The whole thing is a messed up. Grant was a baller.



Aggie19
Posts: 496
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 286 times
Been thanked: 221 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by Aggie19 » March 22nd, 2020, 10:20 am

It's KSL, we already know it's a byu-provo win. PIck one, it doesn't matter, any cougar will do.
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
Slim80


Go Aggies!

User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5224
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 159 times
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by Aglicious » March 23rd, 2020, 9:32 am

I gave up when I saw Halimon as a 13 or 14 seed....ridiculous.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
USU78



User avatar
sstrasser
Posts: 43
Joined: January 16th, 2018, 1:09 pm
Location: West Jordan, UT
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by sstrasser » March 26th, 2020, 12:33 pm

GUS wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 7:59 pm
I've been doing my best to help the Aggie players.
me too, especially as the next round just started. Sam and Jaycee are doing great, but we need to make sure Wayne makes it past this round. It does feel like there is a recency bias, but I guess that is to be expected. also it is based on their college career not their NBA or professional.
These users thanked the author sstrasser for the post:
Slim80



User avatar
kofdog
Posts: 2239
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:07 am
Location: North Logan
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by kofdog » March 26th, 2020, 1:14 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 3:44 pm
slcagg wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 9:09 pm
pilotaggie wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 9:06 pm
Estes on the #2 line is all I need to realize this is a horrible list.
Nah jimmer is the best ever.
You know that’s how it’s gonna end.
Upset Alert...jimmer losing...go vote for Ronnie Price



User avatar
kofdog
Posts: 2239
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:07 am
Location: North Logan
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by kofdog » March 26th, 2020, 1:18 pm

kofdog wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 1:14 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 3:44 pm
slcagg wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 9:09 pm
pilotaggie wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 9:06 pm
Estes on the #2 line is all I need to realize this is a horrible list.
Nah jimmer is the best ever.
You know that’s how it’s gonna end.
Upset Alert...jimmer losing...go vote for Ronnie Price
Hmmm....he was losing by 25 and 5 minutes :headscratch: later his winning



spud
Posts: 10
Joined: December 1st, 2010, 8:06 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by spud » March 26th, 2020, 2:31 pm

how come when I vote the numbers don't change?
These users thanked the author spud for the post:
sstrasser



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12637
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 560 times
Been thanked: 631 times
Contact:

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by ProvoAggie » March 26th, 2020, 2:55 pm

spud wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 2:31 pm
how come when I vote the numbers don't change?
Have you already voted? From what I've seen, it doesn't tell you that you can't vote a 2nd time but it doesn't count when you do.



User avatar
sstrasser
Posts: 43
Joined: January 16th, 2018, 1:09 pm
Location: West Jordan, UT
Has thanked: 187 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by sstrasser » March 26th, 2020, 3:26 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 2:55 pm
spud wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 2:31 pm
how come when I vote the numbers don't change?
Have you already voted? From what I've seen, it doesn't tell you that you can't vote a 2nd time but it doesn't count when you do.
you can change browsers and vote again



Slim80
Posts: 28
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 10:00 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by Slim80 » March 26th, 2020, 7:28 pm

I don’t mind trying to come up with clever ways to pass the time, but this is a gigantic joke of a bracket. How the hell did Tyler Haws make the list over a myriad of other players?? That’s just one of many in that bracket that’s just baffling. I’m ticked I even gave KSL a click on the page.



sneed
Posts: 822
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 2:32 am
Has thanked: 846 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by sneed » March 29th, 2020, 5:05 pm

Jaycee needs help.



sneed
Posts: 822
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 2:32 am
Has thanked: 846 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: Vote for Utah’s Best College Players - KSL

Post by sneed » March 29th, 2020, 5:38 pm

Incognito + new vpn connection each vote seems to work. Anyone found an easier way? Easy enough manually but I would prefer to have the computer vote for me...and I will run out of connections at around 50.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic