29-0

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1109
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 107 times

29-0

Post by scotlandog » November 9th, 2019, 2:23 pm

Obviously not going to happen.

Warrennolan.com has us projected though to go undefeated. Their projections show that St. Mary’s will be our toughest game and our best win. Being so early in the season, there will be lots of changes. I think the rankings have Nevada too high and Florida not high enough. Things will sort themselves out soon enough.

Of the tough games: Florida, LSU, St. Mary’s, and BYU, I would love to see us go 3-1 or 2-2. We will definitely be tested and that should serve us well through conference and in the NCAA in March.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12492
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 489 times
Been thanked: 538 times
Contact:

Re: 29-0

Post by ProvoAggie » November 9th, 2019, 3:19 pm

I noticed that KenPom has St Mary's listed as our toughest game as well followed by Florida. I'd probably swap those 2. St Mary's is a very good team this year but playing the #6 team in the country just a couple of hours away from their campus seems like a much tougher game.

Right now, KenPom has us going 21-8 but only has 4 losses listed in the schedule (LSU, SMC, UF, @SDSU).



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1109
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 107 times

Re: 29-0

Post by scotlandog » November 9th, 2019, 4:56 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:I noticed that KenPom has St Mary's listed as our toughest game as well followed by Florida. I'd probably swap those 2. St Mary's is a very good team this year but playing the #6 team in the country just a couple of hours away from their campus seems like a much tougher game.

Right now, KenPom has us going 21-8 but only has 4 losses listed in the schedule (LSU, SMC, UF, @SDSU).
Somewhere around 25-4 wouldn’t be too much of a surprise. If we are a really good team like the hype is saying, them we should win at least 1/3 LSU, UF, SMC. Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t though. LSU might be our best shot. If we can go 2/3 that would be amazing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 6131
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 107 times

Re: 29-0

Post by MetsJetsAggies » November 9th, 2019, 9:48 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
November 9th, 2019, 3:19 pm
I noticed that KenPom has St Mary's listed as our toughest game as well followed by Florida. I'd probably swap those 2. St Mary's is a very good team this year but playing the #6 team in the country just a couple of hours away from their campus seems like a much tougher game.

Right now, KenPom has us going 21-8 but only has 4 losses listed in the schedule (LSU, SMC, UF, @SDSU).
Not to mention we beat a similar St Mary's roster last year handily. Will be tougher in their house for sure but we match up well against them. Florida athleticism scares me more ala ASU /Washington
These users thanked the author MetsJetsAggies for the post:
ProvoAggie



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 467
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 513 times
Been thanked: 211 times

Re: 29-0

Post by Real Life Aggie » November 9th, 2019, 11:04 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
November 9th, 2019, 9:48 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
November 9th, 2019, 3:19 pm
I noticed that KenPom has St Mary's listed as our toughest game as well followed by Florida. I'd probably swap those 2. St Mary's is a very good team this year but playing the #6 team in the country just a couple of hours away from their campus seems like a much tougher game.

Right now, KenPom has us going 21-8 but only has 4 losses listed in the schedule (LSU, SMC, UF, @SDSU).
Not to mention we beat a similar St Mary's roster last year handily. Will be tougher in their house for sure but we match up well against them. Florida athleticism scares me more ala ASU /Washington
We just need some good fans there in Moraga to loudly cheer. It's smaller than a high school gym... Shouldn't take much to be intrusive on their turf. Just yell "MISS IT!" during every free throw.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
donlarson8



NVAggie
Posts: 16180
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 690 times
Been thanked: 627 times

Re: 29-0

Post by NVAggie » November 10th, 2019, 8:41 am

I would love a recreate the picture thingy with that Jardine dunk. I bet that kid is in college now.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
scotlandog



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 467
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 513 times
Been thanked: 211 times

Re: 29-0

Post by Real Life Aggie » November 10th, 2019, 3:43 pm

NVAggie wrote:
November 10th, 2019, 8:41 am
I would love a recreate the picture thingy with that Jardine dunk. I bet that kid is in college now.
Nah, this was '11.That kid is probably 8 or 9? At most he's 17 years old. And judging by how he's going to town with that digging for gold, he's not the early graduating future rocket scientist type.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
NVAggie



Coloraggie
Posts: 1542
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 10:09 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: 29-0

Post by Coloraggie » November 10th, 2019, 7:38 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
November 10th, 2019, 3:43 pm
NVAggie wrote:
November 10th, 2019, 8:41 am
I would love a recreate the picture thingy with that Jardine dunk. I bet that kid is in college now.
Nah, this was '11.That kid is probably 8 or 9? At most he's 17 years old. And judging by how he's going to town with that digging for gold, he's not the early graduating future rocket scientist type.
I bet that kid goes to a School of Mines.
These users thanked the author Coloraggie for the post (total 3):
sam tingeyAGinNEIowaNVAggie



NVAggie
Posts: 16180
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 690 times
Been thanked: 627 times

Re: 29-0

Post by NVAggie » November 11th, 2019, 9:03 am

Nope, he’s up on the Yukon digging for gold. Probably more wealthy than all of us.



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 467
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 513 times
Been thanked: 211 times

Re: 29-0

Post by Real Life Aggie » November 11th, 2019, 9:08 am

I can't imagine Mitchell Young would be happy to recreate that photo, lol.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic