Anthony Switzer

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
TrueAG

Re: Anthony Switzer

Post by TrueAG » April 22nd, 2024, 2:20 pm

Does anyone know who does the graphics for these lame farewell posts? Is there a link on the transfer portal? InsincerewordsaladinvokingGOD.com.
These users thanked the author TrueAG for the post (total 2):
Aggie formerly in HawaiiFloridaAggie13

BasketballAgg

Post by BasketballAgg » April 22nd, 2024, 2:21 pm

The collective better get their (I can't express myself without swearing) together or else I’m afraid they won’t be getting nickels if this goes on.

Can’t be giving loads of money to guys just for them to leave after cashing out.

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » April 22nd, 2024, 2:36 pm

BasketballAgg wrote:
April 22nd, 2024, 2:21 pm
The collective better get their (I can't express myself without swearing) together or else I’m afraid they won’t be getting nickels if this goes on.

Can’t be giving loads of money to guys just for them to leave after cashing out.
What is the best model that they should use, that would work?

Aggie1990

Post by Aggie1990 » April 22nd, 2024, 3:16 pm

My interest is waning because of crap like this. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. I’m sure we can find someone who’ll be happy to wear the Utah State name on the jersey

:utah: :state:

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » April 22nd, 2024, 3:19 pm

These users thanked the author Aggie702 for the post (total 13):
aggies22Fan4AggieballAZImakeitrainEngineeringAggieaggieguy13AgliciousnewtonianblueBustaMcNuttFloridaAggie13jpswensen and 3 more users

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » April 22nd, 2024, 3:19 pm

aggies22 wrote:
April 22nd, 2024, 12:54 pm
I expect him to enter the portal any day now.
F#ck!

Fan4AggieballAZ

Post by Fan4AggieballAZ » April 22nd, 2024, 3:20 pm

CacheCow wrote:
April 22nd, 2024, 2:04 pm
I’m going to sound like a grumpy old man, but this $hit is getting old. How are you going to make a whole a$$ video about running it back, go through all of spring ball, and then quit on your teammates. I’m all for kids being able to do what’s best for them if you’re not going to get playing time, if you’ve got personal/family issues, etc… but some of these moves are egregious. you have to have some integrity and some love for your brothers on the team too. If I was one of his teammates I’d be pissed. Feels like you got stabbed in the back.
No doubts; the D is gonna be fine and a factor is unity and loyalty….and locker room luv…The team is gonna be fine… :)

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » April 22nd, 2024, 3:43 pm

Aggie702 wrote:
April 22nd, 2024, 3:19 pm
This is exactly who I was referring to earlier in the thread when it comes to players I don't want to lose for what they represent to our program.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 3):
Fan4AggieballAZAggie702AGinNEIowa

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » April 22nd, 2024, 3:45 pm

Run it back ……run away. Whatever.
Next man up.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » April 22nd, 2024, 4:02 pm

Fan4AggieballAZ wrote:
April 22nd, 2024, 3:20 pm
CacheCow wrote:
I’m going to sound like a grumpy old man, but this $hit is getting old. How are you going to make a whole a$$ video about running it back, go through all of spring ball, and then quit on your teammates. I’m all for kids being able to do what’s best for them if you’re not going to get playing time, if you’ve got personal/family issues, etc… but some of these moves are egregious. you have to have some integrity and some love for your brothers on the team too. If I was one of his teammates I’d be pissed. Feels like you got stabbed in the back.
No doubts; the D is gonna be fine and a factor is unity and loyalty….and locker room luv…The team is gonna be fine… :)
I agree this may be addition by subtraction when you factor in the "me first" attitude issues. BWagz, Gallagher, The Vigil Bros., Fackrell, Woodward; a long line of USU LB's all had one thing in common, they played like their hair was on fire and did it with a team first mentality.

There was no crazy face paint, look at me dances and celebrations after routine tackles, no changing jerseys to make sure you wear #1, no constant complaining about the very program that took you in. If half that energy was put into building up a defense that he claimed to be a leader of - we wouldn't have had a defense that lacked heart and effort like it did. I welcome winds of change to clear out the dark clouds.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 4):
Fan4AggieballAZImakeitrainNEAggiebluegrouse

shoresy
Has thanked: 0

Post by shoresy » April 22nd, 2024, 4:46 pm

Aglicious wrote:
April 22nd, 2024, 4:02 pm
Fan4AggieballAZ wrote:
CacheCow wrote:
I agree this may be addition by subtraction when you factor in the "me first" attitude issues. BWagz, Gallagher, The Vigil Bros., Fackrell, Woodward; a long line of USU LB's all had one thing in common, they played like their hair was on fire and did it with a team first mentality.

There was no crazy face paint, look at me dances and celebrations after routine tackles, no changing jerseys to make sure you wear #1, no constant complaining about the very program that took you in. If half that energy was put into building up a defense that he claimed to be a leader of - we wouldn't have had a defense that lacked heart and effort like it did. I welcome winds of change to clear out the dark clouds.
Completely agree. We've been blessed to have some incredible linebackers in recent years. You just pinpointed the exact reason why I think I don't feel nearly as attached to Switzer as I did to those in the past.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 22nd, 2024, 4:59 pm

Aglicious wrote:
April 22nd, 2024, 4:02 pm
Fan4AggieballAZ wrote:
CacheCow wrote:

Reading the Vigil brothers literally almost brings a tear to my eye. Those 2 are the epitome of what you want in an Aggie uniform.

Harcher

Post by Harcher » April 22nd, 2024, 8:06 pm

The Vigil brothers were good enough they would have gotten paid to leave if they played now.

While I don’t know the details of the NIL business, it’s clearly jacked up situation that is making college sports less enjoyable.

Switzerland is good player. I presume he took the $$. That’s all

bpd

Post by bpd » April 22nd, 2024, 8:36 pm

If we have to trade Switzer for Martinez, I’ll take it 100% of the time.
These users thanked the author bpd for the post (total 5):
bigblue32Section_L_AggiePIGSKINAGGIEEngineeringAggieIdahomeAggie

FromLItoLogan

Post by FromLItoLogan » April 22nd, 2024, 9:32 pm

I wish they'd cut the BS, you don't leave in the spring window as a starter unless you've been offered a bag and landing place elsewhere.

shoresy

Post by shoresy » April 22nd, 2024, 10:02 pm

FromLItoLogan wrote:
April 22nd, 2024, 9:32 pm
I wish they'd cut the BS, you don't leave in the spring window as a starter unless you've been offered a bag and landing place elsewhere.

This really pisses me off.

Fan4AggieballAZ

Post by Fan4AggieballAZ » April 22nd, 2024, 10:09 pm

shoresy wrote:
April 22nd, 2024, 10:02 pm
FromLItoLogan wrote:
April 22nd, 2024, 9:32 pm

This really pisses me off.
Or you can be one of the starters offered quite a dang bit as you eluded and still choose to stay with your brothers and ride this out….and have goals of pride for having battled through a lot of (change) at USU and rep Aggies when in the league!!!
These users thanked the author Fan4AggieballAZ for the post (total 5):
slcaggAggie84025Halloween-AggiePIGSKINAGGIEaggies22

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » April 22nd, 2024, 10:38 pm

Switzer should jump on that train cuz Booth is 5x the player he is. Booth is the biggest loss we have had and it's not really close.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
USU78

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 22nd, 2024, 11:01 pm

shoresy wrote:
April 22nd, 2024, 1:48 pm
I somehow hate the current era of Aggie football far more than I hated any of the Brent Guy years.
While the 2007 season ended with us only getting two meager wins, at least we were able to look forward to keeping the guys who contributed to one or both of those wins for the remainder of their college eligibility and not sweat out them leaving. Or even in the case of the guys who were done, Kevin Robinson being the big win, at least we could sit back and appreciate the four years worth of moments we got out of him.

shoresy

Post by shoresy » April 23rd, 2024, 10:08 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
April 22nd, 2024, 11:01 pm
shoresy wrote:
I somehow hate the current era of Aggie football far more than I hated any of the Brent Guy years.
While the 2007 season ended with us only getting two meager wins, at least we were able to look forward to keeping the guys who contributed to one or both of those wins for the remainder of their college eligibility and not sweat out them leaving. Or even in the case of the guys who were done, Kevin Robinson being the big win, at least we could sit back and appreciate the four years worth of moments we got out of him.
Exactly. Even in the darkest days of the program, I still went into most seasons hopeful that that could be the year things start to turn around.

This season, I'm fully expecting 2-3 wins while understanding we might not even hit that.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 23rd, 2024, 10:22 am

shoresy wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 10:08 am
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
shoresy wrote:
Exactly. Even in the darkest days of the program, I still went into most seasons hopeful that that could be the year things start to turn around.

This season, I'm fully expecting 2-3 wins while understanding we might not even hit that.
Um, I can understand the frustration with the inability to become familiar with the players compared to then, but I don't see any reason to think we will be nearly as bad of a team as we were back then. Maybe we will have an improved team from last year but with a worse record cause of a tougher schedule. But for one thing, we have brought in some talent and will have a better defensive coordinator than we had last year that we were able to get 6 wins in spite of.

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » April 23rd, 2024, 10:25 am

shoresy wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
shoresy wrote:

Our offense is going to be awesome and our defense can't be much worse. It's a tough schedule but I think we end around .500 again.

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » April 23rd, 2024, 10:33 am

TrueAG wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 10:25 am
shoresy wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
shoresy wrote:

Our offense is going to be awesome and our defense can't be much worse. It's a tough schedule but I think we end around .500 again.
Our offense will only be as good as the protection we can give our lone legit QB.
These users thanked the author dirtnsnow for the post:
GameFAQSAggie

Aggies All the Way!

ususports

Post by ususports » April 23rd, 2024, 10:33 am

shoresy wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
shoresy wrote:

Come on, you clearly don't remember how bad the Brent Guy years were. Allow me to remind you of a fun game against Wyoming in 2006 (as one of many examples available). We had 129 yards of total offense (Wyoming had 460). Do you not realize how boring it is to watch a game like that? We were completely testicle cuffed the whole game. Wyoming finished 6-6 that year, so it is not like they were great. Even if we don't have a good record this year, there is no way we will perform that badly against mediocre teams. Keep in mind, some on here are wanting to get rid of Blake after only winning six games the last two years, so that is the equivalent of Wyoming in 2006. The team that beat us 38-7 (and our only touchdown was from our defense). You have clearly forgotten how bad it was.

shoresy

Post by shoresy » April 23rd, 2024, 10:34 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 10:22 am
shoresy wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
shoresy wrote:

Um, I can understand the frustration with the inability to become familiar with the players compared to then, but I don't see any reason to think we will be nearly as bad of a team as we were back then. Maybe we will have an improved team from last year but with a worse record cause of a tougher schedule. But for one thing, we have brought in some talent and will have a better defensive coordinator than we had last year that we were able to get 6 wins in spite of.
We'll see. I hope I'm wrong. I've just noticed a very steady decline in both play and enjoyability of BA's teams. I'd be absolutely stunned if this year's team wins six games.

shoresy

Post by shoresy » April 23rd, 2024, 10:42 am

ususports wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 10:33 am
shoresy wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
shoresy wrote:

Come on, you clearly don't remember how bad the Brent Guy years were. Allow me to remind you of a fun game against Wyoming in 2006 (as one of many examples available). We had 129 yards of total offense (Wyoming had 460). Do you not realize how boring it is to watch a game like that? We were completely testicle cuffed the whole game. Wyoming finished 6-6 that year, so it is not like they were great. Even if we don't have a good record this year, there is no way we will perform that badly against mediocre teams. Keep in mind, some on here are wanting to get rid of Blake after only winning six games the last two years, so that is the equivalent of Wyoming in 2006. The team that beat us 38-7 (and our only touchdown was from our defense). You have clearly forgotten how bad it was.
No, I remember very well how bad those teams were. I was at every single game. The difference was expectation. We had been so bad for so long that after a blowout loss I would go home and be able to enjoy the rest of my day.

Now I've tasted what it's like to cheer for a top 25 team that wins conference titles and can compete with the big boys. Now after getting annihilated in back-to-back bowl games or losing by 28 to Weber State or getting smacked by San Jose State my day and week are ruined. I've become entitled.

I know that's a cynical way to look at it and it's definitely and unpopular take. But it's hard to overstate how little I have enjoyed USU football the past two seasons.
These users thanked the author shoresy for the post:
Hoot

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » April 23rd, 2024, 10:56 am

I heard he was offered 75K to leave.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » April 23rd, 2024, 11:00 am

Elkaggie wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 10:56 am
75K for guy who believes he is an NFL LB. Surely he can do better than that unless he's not as good as he thinks he is.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » April 23rd, 2024, 11:23 am

Also said he was frustrated because he was promised more money but did not receive it.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 23rd, 2024, 11:27 am

TrueAG wrote:
April 22nd, 2024, 2:20 pm
Does anyone know who does the graphics for these lame farewell posts? Is there a link on the transfer portal? InsincerewordsaladinvokingGOD.com.
Haha so true. Maybe before the transfer portal these had more meaning, but we don't really need these dramatic "Lebron to Miami" type announcements when players are going from team to team every year.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 23rd, 2024, 11:31 am

Elkaggie wrote:
I think his agent now wants him to test the waters. He is on his way to Kansas State for a visit.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 23rd, 2024, 11:37 am

Elkaggie wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 11:23 am
Also said he was frustrated because he was promised more money but did not receive it.
Was he promised to get the money in May AFTER the spring portal window closed and frustrated he had to wait until then?

FromLItoLogan

Post by FromLItoLogan » April 23rd, 2024, 11:58 am

aggies22 wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 11:31 am
Elkaggie wrote:
I think his agent now wants him to test the waters. He is on his way to Kansas State for a visit.
There's no testing the waters with this program. It's one aspect I really like about Blake's philosophy. You either sink or swim, there's no coming back to the dock.
These users thanked the author FromLItoLogan for the post (total 5):
aggies22ViAggieHootPIGSKINAGGIEFloridaAggie13

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » April 23rd, 2024, 2:06 pm

FromLItoLogan wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 11:58 am
aggies22 wrote:
April 23rd, 2024, 11:31 am
Elkaggie wrote:
There's no testing the waters with this program. It's one aspect I really like about Blake's philosophy. You either sink or swim, there's no coming back to the dock.
As it should be. Enter the portal and you are dead to me.
These users thanked the author GordoAggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » April 24th, 2024, 10:18 pm

What are we going do with out excessive spider man celebrations after he makes a play when the Aggies are down 20?
These users thanked the author FL350Aggie for the post:
USU78

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic