2022 Utah State Basketball Commits

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: 2022 Utah State Basketball Commits

Post by aggies22 » May 12th, 2022, 10:30 pm

Aglicious wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 6:05 pm
SpectrumMagic wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 5:52 pm
We had better be able to recruit players outside of former UMBC players/connections and east coast. They did get Mason and Isaac but will be interesting to see if the staff can make progress out west
This is my concern as well. Even crediting the staff for Mason and Isaac is a stretch. Mason is obviously from CV and has close friends on the team, Isaac also has local ties and was looking for a way to play closer to home where he could also have the best opportunity at playing time.

The issue is the staff largely came from one place, had the same connections, recruited relatively the same areas, all of which are far from USU. Eventually their previous connections and former recruits will run out of eligibility - then what?
If it matters at all Isaac's parents no longer live in Utah. I believe they live in Nyssa, Oregon. He just felt comfortable returning to Utah to finish his career.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » May 13th, 2022, 6:53 am

aggies22 wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 10:30 pm
Aglicious wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 5:52 pm
We had better be able to recruit players outside of former UMBC players/connections and east coast. They did get Mason and Isaac but will be interesting to see if the staff can make progress out west
This is my concern as well. Even crediting the staff for Mason and Isaac is a stretch. Mason is obviously from CV and has close friends on the team, Isaac also has local ties and was looking for a way to play closer to home where he could also have the best opportunity at playing time.

The issue is the staff largely came from one place, had the same connections, recruited relatively the same areas, all of which are far from USU. Eventually their previous connections and former recruits will run out of eligibility - then what?
If it matters at all Isaac's parents no longer live in Utah. I believe they live in Nyssa, Oregon. He just felt comfortable returning to Utah to finish his career.
I believe that is where his early years were?

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » May 13th, 2022, 7:16 am

This will come as a shock to no one, but Odom gets a D+ from me this offseason. Let’s review:

(1) We should have been filling 5 scholarships, not 3. = F
(2) We needed a clutch, dynamic guard in the worst way, but we added 3 big guys instead = F
(3) We needed a little more diversity on the roster. Akin helps, but we are now two signing classes in without being able successfully recruit a single African-American kid to Logan. Just kind of weird = C
(4) Overall quality of players brought in. Really like Funk, and Akin addresses a need, but isn’t a game
changer. I like Isaac Johnson on paper, but I am iffiest on him = B

Overall: D+

Hopefully I am 100% wrong on this, but I think there’s a solid chance that next year we are pining for the halcyon days of going 17-13. For the most part, all we did this offseason was plug holes with lesser players than we lost in Bean and Horvath.

Flame away!
Last edited by ineptimusprime on May 13th, 2022, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
AggieFBObsession

LoveMyAggies

2022 Utah State Basketball Commits

Post by LoveMyAggies » May 13th, 2022, 7:18 am

SpectrumMagic wrote:We had better be able to recruit players outside of former UMBC players/connections and east coast. They did get Mason and Isaac but will be interesting to see if the staff can make progress out west
This is my similar hypothesis Odom should keep his staff he’s comfortable with and add a western assistant from another program, OR if possible pull a Steve Clevelandesque person out of retirement who has those Calie/west of the Mississippi connections to HS coaches. I dont want to hit against Odom because of last season’s failures.

Look at some of his successes with players on the team, ie Bean the first 10 games he tore through opponents until they figured out how to contain his scoring.

I’ve been thinking about it, what if Miller’s back injuries were not anticipated well and no one was ready to step up, Odom being a 1st year coach at USU.

Its obvious to me, with the trend of College BB you have to have multiple threats from 3 to space the floor and get possitive productivity out of your front court.

Look at the games when Ashworth and Bean were shooting well from 3, even sprinkle a little RJ E-R. There was a big improvement there. Also Shulga made some progress with Zee during the year.

Say Ashworth improves his consistentcy this offseason like Bean did, and you started the game with Ashworth, Bairstow, Funk, Akin and Johnson, with Falslev Zee and Shulga in that order coming off the bench, and maybe sprinkle in 5-15 mins of Zapala/Dorius. Maybe a longer more athletic set of guys starting from the 2-4 positions can flip the coin to a better outcome.

I’m mixed on expectations for Rylan Jones, his confidence was hindered by some of those missed clutch shots.

Looking at things though big picture. I hope the 2-4 role players work extra hard on the free throw and can improve their 3pt% by 10%. This will be very helpful in spacing the floor.

I very much like the strategies Odom puts out there defensively, and the entire team can continue on that front. We need someone to step up and decide to lead the team in consistent hustle plays.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » May 13th, 2022, 7:22 am

Or a condie. If we hired condie last year our season could have been very different.

LoveMyAggies

Post by LoveMyAggies » May 13th, 2022, 7:30 am

ineptimusprime wrote:This will come as a shock to no one, but Odom gets a D+ from me this offseason. Let’s review:

(2) We needed a clutch, dynamic guard in the worst way, but we added 3 big guys instead = F
(3) We needed a little more diversity on the roster. Akin helps, but we are now two signing classes in without being able successfully recruit a single African-American kid to Logan. Just kind of weird = C
(4) Overall quality of players brought in. Really like Funk, and Akin addresses a need, but isn’t a game

Hopefully I am 100% wrong on this, but I think there’s a solid chance that next year we are pining for the halcyon days of going 17-13. For the most part, all we did this offseason was plug holes with lesser players than we lost in Bean and Horvath.

Flame away!
iPrime

I’m not sure on the team dynamic, regardless on whether the players like Odom.

What if the biggest part of last years problems surrounded on the point that 1/2 the team .. mostly the non-starters arent the right fit for developing well under Odom?

Maybe the lack of 3pt scoring?(floor spacing)

I definitely agree we need an Alpha personality on the team, a dynamic scoring guard. Heck I’d take one who only shoots 25-30% from the floor and has a lot of effort.

This I can see him working with, a slasher type, draws fouls, dunks, can improve ft% if needed. Works hard on defense.

Just some thoughts about your post. I like the guys who came in a lot personally I’d give him a B. You forgot to address Falslev addition.

I do agree though more of the bench shoulda been cut to bring in that dynamic guard you are eluding to.

Could an improvement in the offseason with Ashworth and Jones create 10 more points a game?? I think its possible. Maybe Zee becomes that guard we are looking fir by March 2023. Maybe i’m completely 100% wrong.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » May 13th, 2022, 7:34 am

LoveMyAggies wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 7:30 am
ineptimusprime wrote:This will come as a shock to no one, but Odom gets a D+ from me this offseason. Let’s review:

Flame away!
iPrime

I’m not sure on the team dynamic, regardless on whether the players like Odom.

What if the biggest part of last years problems surrounded on the point that 1/2 the team .. mostly the non-starters arent the right fit for developing well under Odom?

Maybe the lack of 3pt scoring?(floor spacing)

I definitely agree we need an Alpha personality on the team, a dynamic scoring guard. Heck I’d take one who only shoots 25-30% from the floor and has a lot of effort.

This I can see him working with, a slasher type, draws fouls, dunks, can improve ft% if needed. Works hard on defense.

Just some thoughts about your post. I like the guys who came in a lot personally I’d give him a B. You forgot to address Falslev addition.

I do agree though more of the bench shoulda been cut to bring in that dynamic guard you are eluding to.

Could an improvement in the offseason with Ashworth and Jones create 10 more points a game?? I think its possible. Maybe Zee becomes that guard we are looking fir by March 2023. Maybe i’m completely 100% wrong.
I genuinely do hope that you are right. You could be. I am wrong a lot.

MalAgua

Post by MalAgua » May 13th, 2022, 7:47 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 7:16 am
This will come as a shock to no one, but Odom gets a D+ from me this offseason. Let’s review:

Flame away!
I award you a C- for using the word halcyon
These users thanked the author MalAgua for the post:
vegasaggie

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » May 13th, 2022, 9:45 am

I'm ecstatic about the guys that we brought in with the available spots. I think the staff did an awesome job.

However, going into next season with 4 scholarship Centers on the roster can't help but sour things a bit for me.

USUaggie

Post by USUaggie » May 13th, 2022, 10:19 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 9:45 am
I'm ecstatic about the guys that we brought in with the available spots. I think the staff did an awesome job.

However, going into next season with 4 scholarship Centers on the roster can't help but sour things a bit for me.
The secret plan is to start all 4 centers and have Bairstow at the point. We will overwhelm opponents with our size!

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » May 13th, 2022, 11:01 am

ineptimusprime wrote:

Flame away!
I agree with you to a point. I am gonna get it from a lot of you. I think losing Horvath hardly effects us, if at all. There was 2 Horvaths. One was really good and played the first half of the season. He hit 3’s, lay ups, pull up jumpers and free throws. He struggled the second half. We won’t miss that. There was another player that was great the first part of the season but struggled the last 2/3’s of the season. That was Jones. The first of the year he looked for 3 point opportunities and hit them. His passing was really good early on, and his fake a three, then hit a pull up jumper was deadly. Seems he left all those for what ever reason. The only thing he did well the second half was cause offensive fouls. His own offense contribution suffered in the second half.
I would love to see Rylan look for more offensive opportunities, and lead this team. I think he is more capable to do that than Ashworth, (who also lost his 3 point capability in the second half of last year). We don’t need that either.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post (total 2):
LarryTheAggieaggies22

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » May 13th, 2022, 12:52 pm

F&F! Falsev and Funk. If we can get moderate improvement from the returnees, I think the key to getting into the top 4 in the league will hinge on those 2 guys. If Funk can be in the running for all-conference honors (not necessarily 1st team) and Falsev can contend for freshman of the year, then we might sniffing an NCAA berth. As far as grading the recruiting cycle, I'm giving it an "incomplete' grade. We just don't really know what we have and how the parts fit.

MarioWest

Post by MarioWest » May 13th, 2022, 5:04 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 11:01 am
I would love to see Rylan look for more offensive opportunities, and lead this team. I think he is more capable to do that than Ashworth, (who also lost his 3 point capability in the second half of last year). We don’t need that either.
This just isn’t true. In the first 17 games, Ashworth shot 39.5% from 3. In the final 16 games, he shot 39.0% from 3. For his career he is at 38.3% despite aggressive shot selection.

He runs hot and cold game to game but over any decently sized sample, he is an excellent shooter. Ashworth has plenty of flaws as a player but his shot isn’t one of them.
These users thanked the author MarioWest for the post (total 9):
GUSaggies22utaggiesbrossp24Real Life Aggiemcaggie1FloridaAggie13Turtletreesap32

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » May 13th, 2022, 9:02 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:

I agree with you to a point. I am gonna get it from a lot of you. I think losing Horvath hardly effects us, if at all. There was 2 Horvaths. One was really good and played the first half of the season. He hit 3’s, lay ups, pull up jumpers and free throws. He struggled the second half. We won’t miss that. There was another player that was great the first part of the season but struggled the last 2/3’s of the season. That was Jones. The first of the year he looked for 3 point opportunities and hit them. His passing was really good early on, and his fake a three, then hit a pull up jumper was deadly. Seems he left all those for what ever reason. The only thing he did well the second half was cause offensive fouls. His own offense contribution suffered in the second half.
The numbers don't support your perception of Horvath.

First 17 games.
12.52 PPG
49.05 FG%

Second 17 games.
15.23 PPG
53.88 FG%

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » May 13th, 2022, 9:17 pm

Let's talk horvath and ft%
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
aggies22

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 13th, 2022, 11:16 pm

Blitz79 wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 9:02 pm
mcaggie1 wrote:

First 17 games.
12.52 PPG
49.05 FG%

Second 17 games.
15.23 PPG
53.88 FG%
These numbers surprise me.

ususports

Post by ususports » May 13th, 2022, 11:33 pm

Blitz79 wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:

First 17 games.
12.52 PPG
49.05 FG%

Second 17 games.
15.23 PPG
53.88 FG%
How about these numbers:

Horvath’s FT% was 59% for the season, and he had more attempts than anyone else on the team.

Horvath’s 3PT% was 31% for the season, almost identical to Brock Miller, but Horvath had 31 more attempts than Miller. We all know the criticism that Miller took all season, but no one (except for me) seemed to be bothered by Horvath’s 3 point shooting.

Horvath had the highest number of turnovers on the team (both per game average and total number committed).

I am not trying to say he wasn’t a good player. He helped the team a lot, but he is not an irreplaceable supreme being from on high that some of you claim him to be.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » May 14th, 2022, 12:46 am

ususports wrote:
Blitz79 wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:

First 17 games.
12.52 PPG
49.05 FG%

Second 17 games.
15.23 PPG
53.88 FG%
How about these numbers:

Horvath’s FT% was 59% for the season, and he had more attempts than anyone else on the team.

Horvath’s 3PT% was 31% for the season, almost identical to Brock Miller, but Horvath had 31 more attempts than Miller. We all know the criticism that Miller took all season, but no one (except for me) seemed to be bothered by Horvath’s 3 point shooting.

Horvath had the highest number of turnovers on the team (both per game average and total number committed).

I am not trying to say he wasn’t a good player. He helped the team a lot, but he is not an irreplaceable supreme being from on high that some of you claim him to be.
You have some validity to your point, but the thing with Brock is that all he brings to the table on offense is 3 point shooting to stretch the D. Horvath stretches the D at 31% by virtue of taking them and making some. Brock at times would shrink it by not being a threat to make them at a high clip. Horvath shooting FTs lost us more games in MWC play than Brock missing 3s lost for us in his career though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » May 14th, 2022, 11:11 am

ususports wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 11:33 pm
Blitz79 wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:

First 17 games.
12.52 PPG
49.05 FG%

Second 17 games.
15.23 PPG
53.88 FG%
How about these numbers:

Certainly his 3pt% is not good. His FT% is even worse. To many turnovers like you said. If you are comparing Miller with Horvath though. Our center shoots the same 3pt% as our sharp shooter. Defense is meh by both, at least Horvath is tall. Horvath scores a lot inside the arc, Miller stays outside, can't drive to the basket.. Horvath at least goes to the line, Miller is afraid contact. Horvath rebounds. Horvath the center possibly has better handles. Horvath averaged more assists and more steals even if you compare him to last year Miller.

Horvath is in no way irreplaceable, no one has claimed that. Let alone the supreme being comment. Where did you complaint about Horvaths 3pt shooting in this forum? I can assure you others were bothered. Sorry bro, I'm tired of people speaking in absolutes.

See, now you made put down Miller. Sorry Brock.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » May 14th, 2022, 12:15 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:

Flame away!
I'm not as bearish as you, but I am concerned we didn't bring in a proven shooter or someone who can get his own shot. Perhaps Odom feels we already have those players on the roster and they'll break out in year two; or, perhaps he recruited heavily in that area but couldn't close.

#3 on your list is meaningless in my opinion, but we've been over it already ad nauseum.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
Pacobag

ususports

Post by ususports » May 14th, 2022, 10:59 pm

Blitz79 wrote:
May 14th, 2022, 11:11 am
ususports wrote:
Blitz79 wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:

First 17 games.
12.52 PPG
49.05 FG%

Second 17 games.
15.23 PPG
53.88 FG%
How about these numbers:

Certainly his 3pt% is not good. His FT% is even worse. To many turnovers like you said. If you are comparing Miller with Horvath though. Our center shoots the same 3pt% as our sharp shooter. Defense is meh by both, at least Horvath is tall. Horvath scores a lot inside the arc, Miller stays outside, can't drive to the basket.. Horvath at least goes to the line, Miller is afraid contact. Horvath rebounds. Horvath the center possibly has better handles. Horvath averaged more assists and more steals even if you compare him to last year Miller.

Horvath is in no way irreplaceable, no one has claimed that. Let alone the supreme being comment. Where did you complaint about Horvaths 3pt shooting in this forum? I can assure you others were bothered. Sorry bro, I'm tired of people speaking in absolutes.

First, take a deep breath and relax. There are some posters who have voiced their concerns that even with Horvath, we only finished 7th place in the MWC, and they think our new recruits have a very little chance of filling his shoes (that is where the JOKE about his being classified as a supreme being came from). While Horvath did a lot of good things, I was only mentioning that some are overlooking his glaring flaws. When you look at how many close games we gave away, 59% free throw shooting is a killer, especially with the quantity of free throws he shot. Missing early free throws makes it so games are unnecessarily close at the end, and then at the end of the game, when you continue to miss them, it seals the loss.

I wasn’t at all trying to get into a full breakdown of Miller vs Horvath. If you want to lose a decade of your life, go back and read all of the threads and posts there are about how Miller needed to stop shooting because he sucks, yet Horvath was shooting essentially the exact same percentage, and no one on here was telling him to stop shooting (hence the sentiment that his poor 3PT shooting percentages didn’t bother anyone else). I never complained on this board about Horvath, but I also never complained about Miller, so your question is irrelevant. I am only responding to the sheer volume of Miller 3 point shooting complaints and saying that Horvath was just as bad in that category.

That all being said, I think all everyone wants is that our new recruits (and progress from our returning players) can perform well in Odom’s system and make us all happy that they can produce better results than last years team. I am hopeful that they will!

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » May 15th, 2022, 9:42 am

ususports wrote:
Blitz79 wrote:
May 14th, 2022, 11:11 am
ususports wrote:
Blitz79 wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:

First 17 games.
12.52 PPG
49.05 FG%

Second 17 games.
15.23 PPG
53.88 FG%
How about these numbers:

First, take a deep breath and relax. There are some posters who have voiced their concerns that even with Horvath, we only finished 7th place in the MWC, and they think our new recruits have a very little chance of filling his shoes (that is where the JOKE about his being classified as a supreme being came from). While Horvath did a lot of good things, I was only mentioning that some are overlooking his glaring flaws. When you look at how many close games we gave away, 59% free throw shooting is a killer, especially with the quantity of free throws he shot. Missing early free throws makes it so games are unnecessarily close at the end, and then at the end of the game, when you continue to miss them, it seals the loss.

I wasn’t at all trying to get into a full breakdown of Miller vs Horvath. If you want to lose a decade of your life, go back and read all of the threads and posts there are about how Miller needed to stop shooting because he sucks, yet Horvath was shooting essentially the exact same percentage, and no one on here was telling him to stop shooting (hence the sentiment that his poor 3PT shooting percentages didn’t bother anyone else). I never complained on this board about Horvath, but I also never complained about Miller, so your question is irrelevant. I am only responding to the sheer volume of Miller 3 point shooting complaints and saying that Horvath was just as bad in that category.

That all being said, I think all everyone wants is that our new recruits (and progress from our returning players) can perform well in Odom’s system and make us all happy that they can produce better results than last years team. I am hopeful that they will!
I think it has been explained why Millers shooting has been criticized while Horvath’s wasn’t.

One is a center who does a lot of other things. One is a wing who’s PRIMARY job is to shoot and doesn’t do much else.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » May 15th, 2022, 11:37 am

Aglicious wrote:
Isaac also has local ties and was looking for a way to play closer to home where he could also have the best opportunity at playing time.
In all fairness, they still had to beat out Utah and BYU for him.

ususports

Post by ususports » May 15th, 2022, 11:52 am

2004AG wrote:
May 15th, 2022, 9:42 am
I think it has been explained why Millers shooting has been criticized while Horvath’s wasn’t.

One is a center who does a lot of other things. One is a wing who’s PRIMARY job is to shoot and doesn’t do much else.
I understand that. However, Horvath can be told to stop taking shots he isn’t very good at making and still do “a lot of other things” that actually benefit the team. His high field goal percentage was mentioned in a post above (which would be 2 point shots). So why not have him in a position to make one of those higher percentage shots, and/or kick it out to a 46% 3 point shooter (aka Bean) who actually does stretch the defense because he is an actual threat, not a pretend one like Horvath?
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
2004AG

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » May 18th, 2022, 9:09 am

aggies22 wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 11:16 pm
Blitz79 wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:

First 17 games.
12.52 PPG
49.05 FG%

Second 17 games.
15.23 PPG
53.88 FG%
Me too…and I’m the one who was negative. Maybe he just didn’t perform well in the clutch.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post:
aggies22

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 18th, 2022, 12:50 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
May 18th, 2022, 9:09 am
aggies22 wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 11:16 pm
Blitz79 wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:

First 17 games.
12.52 PPG
49.05 FG%

Second 17 games.
15.23 PPG
53.88 FG%
Me too…and I’m the one who was negative. Maybe he just didn’t perform well in the clutch.
Had ANYONE performed well in the clutch we would have won 6 more games.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
cvalMrBiggle

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » May 20th, 2022, 11:04 am

USU78 wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 9:17 pm
Let's talk horvath and ft%
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 4):
USU78aggies22cdaAgFloridaAggie13

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » May 20th, 2022, 11:14 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
We filled 4 scholarships.
ineptimusprime wrote:
*cough cough*....FALSLEV
ineptimusprime wrote:
We're one of the most diverse teams in the country. While we did lose a kid from the Netherlands we have players from USA, England (2), Australia, Bahrain, Ukraine, Poland. :noidea:
ineptimusprime wrote:
*cough cough*....FALSLEV
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 5):
AggieArmyaggies22FloridaAggie13Real Life Aggienewtonianblue

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » May 20th, 2022, 12:49 pm

treesap32 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
*cough cough*....FALSLEV
ineptimusprime wrote:
We're one of the most diverse teams in the country. While we did lose a kid from the Netherlands we have players from USA, England (2), Australia, Bahrain, Ukraine, Poland. :noidea:
ineptimusprime wrote:
*cough cough*....FALSLEV
You might be ignoring the acclimation period for Falslev to get up to speed for D1 basketball in the MW conference.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » May 20th, 2022, 1:50 pm

2004AG wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 12:49 pm
treesap32 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
*cough cough*....FALSLEV
ineptimusprime wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
*cough cough*....FALSLEV
You might be ignoring the acclimation period for Falslev to get up to speed for D1 basketball in the MW conference.

I have high hopes for him, but you're probably right. Was just pointing out the fact that he was completely absent from ineptimus' analysis altogether. He should be considered as a good piece to the recruiting situation for this incoming year.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » May 20th, 2022, 1:57 pm

treesap32 wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 1:50 pm
2004AG wrote:
treesap32 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
*cough cough*....FALSLEV
ineptimusprime wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
*cough cough*....FALSLEV

I have high hopes for him, but you're probably right. Was just pointing out the fact that he was completely absent from ineptimus' analysis altogether. He should be considered as a good piece to the recruiting situation for this incoming year.

I'm thrilled with Falslev. I think he's going to be good. But ineptimus' point on that we needed a dynamic wing scorer is valid because he was referring to the '22-'23 season. '23-24 is probably the soonest he could be that dynamic wing scorer.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » May 20th, 2022, 4:15 pm

2004AG wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 1:57 pm
treesap32 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
treesap32 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
*cough cough*....FALSLEV
ineptimusprime wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
*cough cough*....FALSLEV

I'm thrilled with Falslev. I think he's going to be good. But ineptimus' point on that we needed a dynamic wing scorer is valid because he was referring to the '22-'23 season. '23-24 is probably the soonest he could be that dynamic wing scorer.
If it helps encourage anyone at all, Funk and Johnson stayed in Logan instead of going home so that they could work on their game and get used to playing with each other. Mason Falslev has also joined in these sessions.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 7):
slcaggAggie19AggieArmyvegasaggieosuaggieFloridaAggie13newtonianblue

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » May 20th, 2022, 4:33 pm

aggies22 wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 4:15 pm
2004AG wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 1:57 pm
treesap32 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
treesap32 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
*cough cough*....FALSLEV
ineptimusprime wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
*cough cough*....FALSLEV

If it helps encourage anyone at all, Funk and Johnson stayed in Logan instead of going home so that they could work on their game and get used to playing with each other. Mason Falslev has also joined in these sessions.
That's what I like to hear. Are they doing full rat ball sessions with all the players? Is school out for the summer already?

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » May 20th, 2022, 5:11 pm

Yes school is out. It's been out for a couple of weeks.
It's great news to hear that those guys are at it.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » May 20th, 2022, 8:42 pm

Any of the guys playing in that Powder league thingy in SLC this summer. If I recall Jones and Bairstow did last year. Supposedly Bairstow did quite well.

Locked Previous topicNext topic