Does This Count?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Real Life Aggie

Does This Count?

Post by Real Life Aggie » May 16th, 2022, 10:24 pm

Does this count as part of Stew's Spectrum if it's just a fun clip of an Aggie great?
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post (total 7):
FloridaAggie13KevincurtisforlifeAgSpaceCasetrevordudeslcaggAggie formerly in HawaiiImakeitrain

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: Does This Count?

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 17th, 2022, 5:41 pm

Which Aggie had the better teammate, jaycee with luka or merrill with the greek freak?

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » May 17th, 2022, 6:21 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
May 17th, 2022, 5:41 pm
Which Aggie had the better teammate, jaycee with luka or merrill with the greek freak?
Today I think Giannis is better, but Luka will have several MVPs before he's done and may well be better in the long run.

But, Jaycee actually played with Luka, so I'd go with him.

(Side note: Trey Young is great, but it was insane to trade Luka for anyone...especially an undersized, if dynamic, PG.)
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

slcagg

Post by slcagg » May 17th, 2022, 8:19 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
May 17th, 2022, 6:21 pm
Today I think Giannis is better, but Luka will have several MVPs before he's done and may well be better in the long run.

(Side note: Trey Young is great, but it was insane to trade Luka for anyone...especially an undersized, if dynamic, PG.)
It to mention who Phoenix drafted at number 1. I told my buddy that Phoenix should draft luka over Ayton. Looks like I was right. 😉
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
3rdGenAggieAggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 17th, 2022, 9:22 pm

slcagg wrote:
May 17th, 2022, 8:19 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:

It to mention who Phoenix drafted at number 1. I told my buddy that Phoenix should draft luka over Ayton. Looks like I was right. 😉
Or Sacramento picking Marvin Bagley because Vlade Divac had a problem with Luka's father.

https://www.republicworld.com/sports-ne ... asons.html

The Kings are truly one of the worst run organizations in sports. Luka is a generational talent that is going to own the 2020's. Phoenix, Sacramento and Atlanta will all regret their decisions for decades. Trae Young is good and the Hawks had a nice run last year, but he is no Luka. Hard to imagine Luka being as bad in a playoff series as Young was against the Heat this year.

Pretty rad that Jaycee got to play with him.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 3):
3rdGenAggieslcaggReal Life Aggie

Hoot

Post by Hoot » May 18th, 2022, 8:14 am

May 17th, 2022, 9:22 pm
slcagg wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Or Sacramento picking Marvin Bagley because Vlade Divac had a problem with Luka's father.

The Kings are truly one of the worst run organizations in sports. Luka is a generational talent that is going to own the 2020's. Phoenix, Sacramento and Atlanta will all regret their decisions for decades. Trae Young is good and the Hawks had a nice run last year, but he is no Luka. Hard to imagine Luka being as bad in a playoff series as Young was against the Heat this year.

Two of my favorite sports teams are the Kings and the Jacksonville Jaguars. I’m thinking about getting into Australian Rules Football.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 2):
Aggie formerly in HawaiiFloridaAggie13

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 18th, 2022, 9:11 am

Hoot wrote:
May 18th, 2022, 8:14 am
slcagg wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Two of my favorite sports teams are the Kings and the Jacksonville Jaguars. I’m thinking about getting into Australian Rules Football.
Yeah those are rough ones. Better become a West Coast Eagles fan to offset it.

cdaAg

Post by cdaAg » May 18th, 2022, 10:20 am

May 18th, 2022, 9:11 am
Hoot wrote:
You could pick a newcomer like West Coast, or you could roll with the original bad guys, the Collingwood Magpies. Footy is an AMAZING sport!

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » May 18th, 2022, 11:04 am

Hoot wrote:
slcagg wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Absolute masochist.
These users thanked the author dirtnsnow for the post:
Hoot

Aggies All the Way!

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » May 21st, 2022, 7:48 pm

cdaAg wrote:
May 18th, 2022, 10:20 am
May 18th, 2022, 9:11 am
Hoot wrote:
You could pick a newcomer like West Coast, or you could roll with the original bad guys, the Collingwood Magpies. Footy is an AMAZING sport!
Go Hawks!

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

MarioWest

Post by MarioWest » May 22nd, 2022, 6:02 pm

As a Hawks fan, I have to say that I will defend the trade. Yea, Luka is better than Trae but the Mavericks got a franchise player while the Hawks got a franchise player plus a top 10 pick.

The lottery and the selection itself (Cam Reddish) went poorly for the Hawks but if you play that trade out many times, I bet Trae + top 10 pick outstrips Luka in value more often than not.

I personally would have just drafted Luka but Trae has exceeded my wildest expectations. If you believed Trae would be this good, taking him plus a top ten pick makes sense.

We haven’t seen the end of this trade. The Hawks traded Reddish for a future late first. Yes, Luka is better than Trae but the Hawks got another incredibly valuable asset and no one talks about that.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 23rd, 2022, 1:07 pm

MarioWest wrote:
May 22nd, 2022, 6:02 pm
As a Hawks fan, I have to say that I will defend the trade. Yea, Luka is better than Trae but the Mavericks got a franchise player while the Hawks got a franchise player plus a top 10 pick.

The lottery and the selection itself (Cam Reddish) went poorly for the Hawks but if you play that trade out many times, I bet Trae + top 10 pick outstrips Luka in value more often than not.

I personally would have just drafted Luka but Trae has exceeded my wildest expectations. If you believed Trae would be this good, taking him plus a top ten pick makes sense.

We haven’t seen the end of this trade. The Hawks traded Reddish for a future late first. Yes, Luka is better than Trae but the Hawks got another incredibly valuable asset and no one talks about that.

lol this sounds like my old roommate's rational after hooking up with a fat chick.

MarioWest

Post by MarioWest » May 28th, 2022, 8:14 am

May 23rd, 2022, 1:07 pm
MarioWest wrote:

lol this sounds like my old roommate's rational after hooking up with a fat chick.
LOL that legit made me laugh out loud, but if the lottery fell differently and the Hawks ended up with RJ Barrett instead of Cam Reddish, you wouldn't be saying this. Not to mention the fact that Grant Williams, Tyler Herro, PJ Washington, Cam Johnson, Jordan Poole & Brandon Clarke were all on the board when the Hawks selected. Trae plus any of those players is clearly superior to Luka. The problem was that the Hawks selected Cam Reddish--not the trade itself.
These users thanked the author MarioWest for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 28th, 2022, 10:13 am

MarioWest wrote:
May 28th, 2022, 8:14 am
MarioWest wrote:

LOL that legit made me laugh out loud, but if the lottery fell differently and the Hawks ended up with RJ Barrett instead of Cam Reddish, you wouldn't be saying this. Not to mention the fact that Grant Williams, Tyler Herro, PJ Washington, Cam Johnson, Jordan Poole & Brandon Clarke were all on the board when the Hawks selected. Trae plus any of those players is clearly superior to Luka. The problem was that the Hawks selected Cam Reddish--not the trade itself.
Fair enough. I just think Hawks fans will spend years rationalizing why choosing Young over Luka was the best option as Luka wins championships and MVPs. Young will have a great career, just won't be as good as Luka.

Take solace you aren't the Kings though. At least with Young you can rationalize picking Young. They will have to live with the Bagley pick as they continue to stay in the lottery while Luka is dominating.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » May 28th, 2022, 11:00 am

MarioWest wrote:

Hawaii overweight ladies need love too! Cmon man! 😉
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 28th, 2022, 2:20 pm

slcagg wrote:
May 28th, 2022, 11:00 am
MarioWest wrote:

Hawaii overweight ladies need love too! Cmon man! 😉
Sure, but if you got a tubby girlfriend, don't try and convince me she is ana de armas. To bring this back to USU basketball, if you are a CSU fan Tubby Roddy is a good player, but don't tell me he is as good as Sam Merrill.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
slcagg

Locked Previous topicNext topic