The refs that refed the Gonzaga....

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
troutputz
RIP

The refs that refed the Gonzaga....

Post by troutputz » March 25th, 2022, 1:38 am

Arkansas game were terrible! Tripping, no calls, happened twice, slapping, under the basket pushing and shoveling. I am surprised that Few didn’t get a Technical. The fact that their coach was Musselman make it all the harder to take. That guy is a low life squidstick. I can’t stand him. I knew that Gonzaga wasn’t as good as they were last year. That’s what I felt after watching them a few times this year. The so called Pretty Boys, and girl analysts blame Gonzaga’s woes on their conference. They say if they had tougher teams in their conference it would help them. Well, maybe!
We haven’t had a West Coast national champion since Airizona did it 25 years ago.

WAAggie

Re: The refs that refed the Gonzaga....

Post by WAAggie » March 25th, 2022, 3:20 am

I agree. How about stepping out of bounds being missed. A couple phantom calls on the skinny kid.

Arkansas did win most 50/50 ballls and made crazy lucky shots, but the refs ruined games and surely make the game be played different each time. Ark got away with tons of physical play The Who lm e game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggieblue2

Post by aggieblue2 » March 25th, 2022, 6:30 am

There were some very questionable calls and some complete misses such as the out of bounds on the baseline leading to a 3 pointer. However, Arkansas was scrappy. They fought for loose balls and stripped the Zags a few times. Credit to Arkansas for aggressive play, but the officiating was poor.

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » March 25th, 2022, 7:05 am

I think the poor officiating has been a problem all year but the recognition is only heightened in March. For me, the biggest problem is the inconsistency with the officiating, not only game-to-game but within individual games. Watching the Michigan v. Villanova game last night, there was a play where two players were going for a rebound and the Villanova player knocked down/fell over the Michigan player with no call. The Villanova player was called for a foul a few minutes before for way less contact. That first play was a questionable call but the no-call was definitely a foul.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... -sweet-16/

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 25th, 2022, 7:42 am

The WCC refs decided who they wanted to win the conference early on and it ended up hurting Gonzaga today.

I'm joking

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » March 25th, 2022, 10:48 am

I seriously don't think there is a sport that is as badly officiated as college basketball. The NCAA tournament this year has been rough to watch at times.

CanofShiz

Post by CanofShiz » March 25th, 2022, 11:26 am

That UNC Baylor game :shock:
These users thanked the author CanofShiz for the post:
FloridaAggie13

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 25th, 2022, 3:21 pm

SwaggieAggie wrote:
March 25th, 2022, 10:48 am
I seriously don't think there is a sport that is as badly officiated as college basketball. The NCAA tournament this year has been rough to watch at times.
With the exception of NBA basketball.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
Bank ShotMrBiggleFloridaAggie13

Locked Previous topicNext topic