Mason Falslev

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
dirtnsnow

Re: Mason Falslev

Post by dirtnsnow » October 27th, 2021, 11:59 am

Yossarian wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 11:35 am
I can't see how any of these burgers could compare to the jalapeno-garlic burger I cook on my grill at home.

fresh minced garlic, chopped jalapeno, an egg, and whatever happens to be on my hands as I mix the hamburger and other ingredients and form the patty. Grill that to a medium/medium well state, add pepperjack or provolone cheese, some mustard and Thousand Island dressing, onions, a little lettuce and a lightly toasted bun and you're good to go.
You had me until medium well. :disappointed:
These users thanked the author dirtnsnow for the post:
tjensen_25

Aggies All the Way!

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » October 27th, 2021, 12:08 pm

Yossarian wrote:
I can't see how any of these burgers could compare to the jalapeno-garlic burger I cook on my grill at home.

fresh minced garlic, chopped jalapeno, an egg, and whatever happens to be on my hands as I mix the hamburger and other ingredients and form the patty. Grill that to a medium/medium well state, add pepperjack or provolone cheese, some mustard and Thousand Island dressing, onions, a little lettuce and a lightly toasted bun and you're good to go.
I prefer pickled jalapenos, and I'd go a different direction with the sauce. Add some bacon... I hope this team is as hungry as I am right now.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
Yossarian

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » October 27th, 2021, 12:13 pm

slcagg wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 4:56 am
Out of these options habit burger (Santa Barbara char yum) is the best burger.

Culver’s has really tasty ice cream.
Its Custard not ice cream, and while it's better than any other fast food shake, it's not as good as Freddy's.

I agree with comments above that their burgers are not the greatest, thin as paper (not cardboard). I'd rather get a Whopper then go to Freddy's or Culvers for their custard. Freddy's fries and their jalapeno fry sauce are excellent! Culvers fries are soggy, but Culvers does have a pretty good Fried Cod!

Honestly, there's not really such thing as a great fast food burger. Sometimes they satisfy a craving, but I'd rather go to a local restaurant and sit down for a proper burger.
These users thanked the author AGinNEIowa for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » October 27th, 2021, 12:21 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 12:08 pm
Yossarian wrote:

I prefer pickled jalapenos, and I'd go a different direction with the sauce. Add some bacon... I hope this team is as hungry as I am right now.
When my avocado tree is in season - i even add some fresh avocado. It's such a short window for that, though. They ripen in early to mid September and are done by early October.

Sometimes, when I'm feeling extra ambitious, I'll sauté the onions with mushrooms and put them on the burger.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Eutaw St. Aggie

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » October 27th, 2021, 12:51 pm

This may be the craziest thread jack ever.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 5):
USU78Real Life Aggieusugoalie13trevordudejackattack

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » October 27th, 2021, 12:56 pm

Yossarian wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 12:21 pm
Real Life Aggie wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

When my avocado tree is in season - i even add some fresh avocado. It's such a short window for that, though. They ripen in early to mid September and are done by early October.

Sometimes, when I'm feeling extra ambitious, I'll sauté the onions with mushrooms and put them on the burger.
I do the same when I do ribeyes for my wife (I prefer NY cut myself). Onions and shrooms sauteed in butter with minced garlic.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
Yossarian

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » October 27th, 2021, 12:58 pm

aggies22 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 12:51 pm
I'll bet Mason Falslev enjoys a good burger.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 6):
aggies22Real Life AggiecrazywookieAggieArmyAggiesbleedbluetrevordude

Eutaw St. Aggie

TrueBlueAggie123

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » October 27th, 2021, 1:06 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
October 26th, 2021, 12:18 pm
BearLakeMonster wrote:
October 26th, 2021, 10:42 am
3rdGenAggie wrote:
October 26th, 2021, 10:32 am

I'm not in Logan anymore, but the good people of Logan deserve a Target. They should put one in the old Albertson's building on 4th N and Main.
That's actually where they were considering the small Target. They would have only used half the building, though.

But after they backed out, the real estate holding group that purchases property for In-N-Out bought that whole building, including the strip mall with Juniper Takeout. It'll bet interesting to see what happens. They may have to bulldoze the whole block to make room for In-N-Out's drive thru line.
Just don't take away my beloved Juniper Take Out, I love that place.
Since this thread is officially off the rails. Here are all of the new places to eat I know of coming to Cache Valley soon:

In & Out
Zupas
Cupbop
Chipotle
Dutch Bros
Habit Burger
Apizza for everyone
I will die if Chipotle finally comes to Logan and I don’t have to keep going to Ogden for it. Is that legit?

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » October 27th, 2021, 1:11 pm

Yossarian wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 12:58 pm
aggies22 wrote:
Way to bring it full circle my Aggie brother!

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » October 27th, 2021, 1:14 pm

aggies22 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:11 pm
Yossarian wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 12:58 pm
aggies22 wrote:
Way to bring it full circle my Aggie brother!
Arctic Circle? They're terrible. Surprised they're still around.
These users thanked the author dirtnsnow for the post (total 2):
BLUERUFiOAGinNEIowa

Aggies All the Way!

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » October 27th, 2021, 1:17 pm

USU78 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 12:56 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

I do the same when I do ribeyes for my wife (I prefer NY cut myself). Onions and shrooms sauteed in butter with minced garlic.
Avocado... I forgot about avocado. And unfair that Yoss can grow them. :cry:

NY is where it's at. That having been said, I don't like mushrooms, so I'll have to pass on that.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » October 27th, 2021, 1:33 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:17 pm
USU78 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

NY is where it's at. That having been said, I don't like mushrooms, so I'll have to pass on that.
Now i just need to hire a python or owl to sit in that tree to keep the rats out of my crop. I lost some good fruit this year (for the first time)

Eutaw St. Aggie

crazywookie

Post by crazywookie » October 27th, 2021, 2:17 pm

Yossarian wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:33 pm
Real Life Aggie wrote:
USU78 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

Now i just need to hire a python or owl to sit in that tree to keep the rats out of my crop. I lost some good fruit this year (for the first time)

There are some clever traps you could try out. Trick is to feed them so they get comfortable and then set the trap to catch/kill. Found a guy on YouTube that did a series about mouse trap Monday. I didn’t have rats or mice though it was an opossum and it’s babies so easier to catch

"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » October 27th, 2021, 2:24 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
USU78 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

One of my recent favorites is to sous vide some boneless pork chops. Put the cast iron skillet on the grill to sauté some onions and crushed garlic in butter for a few minutes. Then add in red wine vinegar along with some fresh herbs and heavy whipping cream. Once it starts simmering, toss in the chops and let them sit for a few minutes before placing them on the grill to add some color. Throw the chops back into the skillet to carry it inside.

Mushrooms could be a good addition.
These users thanked the author bwcrc for the post:
Real Life Aggie

aggieaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by aggieaggie » October 27th, 2021, 2:48 pm

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 1:06 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
BearLakeMonster wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

I'm not in Logan anymore, but the good people of Logan deserve a Target. They should put one in the old Albertson's building on 4th N and Main.
That's actually where they were considering the small Target. They would have only used half the building, though.

But after they backed out, the real estate holding group that purchases property for In-N-Out bought that whole building, including the strip mall with Juniper Takeout. It'll bet interesting to see what happens. They may have to bulldoze the whole block to make room for In-N-Out's drive thru line.
Since this thread is officially off the rails. Here are all of the new places to eat I know of coming to Cache Valley soon:

In & Out
Zupas
Cupbop
Chipotle
Dutch Bros
Habit Burger
Apizza for everyone
I will die if Chipotle finally comes to Logan and I don’t have to keep going to Ogden for it. Is that legit?
Cafe Rio is better than both Chipotle and Qdoda. Chipotle and Qdoba are a tie.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » October 27th, 2021, 3:03 pm

If any of you all are up near USU's main campus in North Ogden, (it's a joke that isn't funny that some uneducated, self-righteous people seem to enjoy...) I would definitely suggest Hug-Hes. It's not the cheapest place on earth, but the hamburger I had there was transcendent. And everything else is deep fried, you can't lose.

I would be willing to come and sample Yoss's's's hamburger at anytime though. Let me know when and where.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 27th, 2021, 3:09 pm

I actually prefer to make smaller slider hamburgers these days. I grind some bacon into my ground beef as well. Get a King Hawaiian roll for the bun, slightly toasted and some basic toppings. Then just watch out for the juice that squirts out when you take the first bite.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

Aggiestyle

Post by Aggiestyle » October 27th, 2021, 3:36 pm

Didn't Maceys have a run in that spot?

coolag

Post by coolag » October 27th, 2021, 4:19 pm

Saying cafe Rio is better than Chipotle and Qdoba is like saying you're the tallest midget. Sorry small person.

Regulator of Class

AGinNEIowa

Post by AGinNEIowa » October 27th, 2021, 4:26 pm

aggies22 wrote:
This may be the craziest thread jack-in-the-box ever.
FIFY
These users thanked the author AGinNEIowa for the post (total 4):
aggies22Real Life Aggieflying_scotsman2.0trevordude

AGinNEIowa

Post by AGinNEIowa » October 27th, 2021, 4:32 pm

aggieaggie wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 2:48 pm
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:

I'd rather eat sand off the shore of Great Salt Lake than at Chipotle...

Pancheros leaves all of those in the dust- when I'm out of Panchero's range, there's no fast burrito for me.
Cedar Falls has a local quite similar called Pablo's which is the perfect quick burrito.
These users thanked the author AGinNEIowa for the post (total 2):
Aglicioustrevordude

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 27th, 2021, 4:35 pm

AGinNEIowa wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 4:32 pm
aggieaggie wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:

Pancheros leaves all of those in the dust- when I'm out of Panchero's range, there's no fast burrito for me.
Cedar Falls has a local quite similar called Pablo's which is the perfect quick burrito.
Hey I’m driving through cedar falls tonight, where I should stop for food? But needs to be fast

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » October 27th, 2021, 4:37 pm

aggieaggie wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
BearLakeMonster wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

In & Out
Zupas
Cupbop
Chipotle
Dutch Bros
Habit Burger
Apizza for everyone
I disagree. Qdoba has the best queso and that in my opinion puts them above the cafe rio/costa vida and Chipotle. I was just a little devastated when I learned there are no Qdobas in SLC when I moved here last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » October 27th, 2021, 4:44 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 9:17 am
Since people have branched away from Logan, my favorite fast food burger is Tonyburger. It's not a chain but there are a handful of spots in the SL Valley. Also, Crown Burger.

That said, I'll eat and enjoy pretty much any hamburger...I won't even discriminate against McDonald's.

Habit is excellent
Shake Shack is expensive but excellent. The shack sauce is great.
5 Guys is very good, but overpriced
In n Out is good - gotta get it animal style, but overall it's overrated...that says more about people's obsession with it than it does about In n Out, though.
Freddy's is good, I like the shoestring fries
Culver's is good, but nothing to write home about. I like their crinkle cut fries.
Steak and Shake was good. I've only had it once, but don't remember it being anything special...certainly wasn't bad though.

I still need to try Whataburger. People seem to love that place.

Of all these, I miss the Big Blue Special at the Logan A&W the most (RIP). We ate a ton of those in high school for $5 after tax for the burger, fries and root beer from the tap.
Good take. When in San Antonio in the spring we stopped into an InNOut near our hotel. I walked a half block to the Whataburger and got the same meal so we could taste test. It was a mixed bag some things we like Whataburger better others we liked InNOut but neither one overwhelmed us.

I also miss the Logan A&W with the fireplace in the middle. So good, good memories.

Does anyone remember Amy's Mongolian? That was an experience but I think they got shut down around 1998 by the health department.

Is Mundo's still in Logan? They had an awesome burrito! Seemed they did better when they were in the gas station.

And Yes, I heard Falslev is still still coming to USU because of the combination of just enough chains mixed with all the unique dining choices available.

AGinNEIowa

Post by AGinNEIowa » October 27th, 2021, 6:11 pm

slcagg wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 4:35 pm
AGinNEIowa wrote:
aggieaggie wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:

Hey I’m driving through cedar falls tonight, where I should stop for food? But needs to be fast
Pancheros or Pablos!

are you going to be in town or passing by on US20?

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » October 27th, 2021, 6:28 pm

AGinNEIowa wrote:
aggieaggie wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:

Chipotle is highly overrated. I think Costa Vida is the best of that genre of Mexican fast food.

Chonchi's in Farmington is maybe the best Mexican food in Utah tho

GoldcoastAggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by GoldcoastAggie » October 27th, 2021, 6:37 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 6:28 pm
AGinNEIowa wrote:
aggieaggie wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:

Chipotle is highly overrated. I think Costa Vida is the best of that genre of Mexican fast food.

Chonchi's in Farmington is maybe the best Mexican food in Utah tho
Since moving out of state id say Costa Vida is one of the places I miss. I think it's better than Chipotle. Costa Vida and Crown Burger are the two fast-food spots I miss.

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » October 27th, 2021, 6:39 pm

Wait! Is Chipotle really coming to Logan? Get that weak sauce Costa Vida outa here.

How about La Unica in Smithfield? Smothered burrito with a fruit drink please! A little pricey though.

crazywookie

Post by crazywookie » October 27th, 2021, 7:56 pm

Blitz79 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 6:39 pm
Wait! Is Chipotle really coming to Logan? Get that weak sauce Costa Vida outa here.

How about La Unica in Smithfield? Smothered burrito with a fruit drink please! A little pricey though.
Do you know the greasy spoon in Richmond that does burgers. It's good too for a local country yokel place on your way from Idaho through Preston and Franklin to Logan.

"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » October 27th, 2021, 8:01 pm

crazywookie wrote:
Blitz79 wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 6:39 pm

Do you know the greasy spoon in Richmond that does burgers. It's good too for a local country yokel place on your way from Idaho through Preston and Franklin to Logan.
Jeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 27th, 2021, 8:06 pm

AGinNEIowa wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 6:11 pm
slcagg wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 4:35 pm
AGinNEIowa wrote:
aggieaggie wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:

Pancheros or Pablos!

are you going to be in town or passing by on US20?
Passing through. Didn’t see this till now. Just ended up driving to Des Moines (now) and stopping at a Culver’s.

I might be coming through next week. Might have to make the time and try one of those places!

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » October 27th, 2021, 9:03 pm

Holy ****, Mason Falslev is opening a location in Logan?

Not sent from Tapatalk

GUS

Post by GUS » October 27th, 2021, 9:24 pm

I used to live in Des Moines. There weren't any Culvers there at that time.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » October 27th, 2021, 11:55 pm

trevordude wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 9:03 pm
Holy ****, Mason Falslev is opening a location in Logan?
Judging by this thread, he's got a number of potential culinary decisions to make. Going to become the Gordon Ramsay of Cache Valley.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » October 28th, 2021, 6:37 am

AGinNEIowa wrote:
October 27th, 2021, 4:26 pm
aggies22 wrote:
This may be the craziest thread jack-in-the-box ever.
FIFY
I dig the sourdough jack.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
AGinNEIowa

Locked Previous topicNext topic