Schedule Machinations??

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: Schedule Machinations??

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 18th, 2021, 10:37 am

Winkie wrote:
June 18th, 2021, 9:23 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 9:24 pm
So….

Nov. 9, UC-Davis
Nov. 12, Richmond
Nov. 18, 19, 20 Myrtle Beach Invite
TBA, @BYU
TBA, St. Mary’s

Wonder if we’ll try to squeeze another east coast game in between Richmond and the Myrtle Beach and just stay out there the whole time. Maybe a game @UMBC?

Scheduling looking pretty good so far.
This was along my thinking also, as to just staying on the "Right-hand coast" for the week between Annapolis to Myrtle. (Maybe pencil in a visit to Wake Forest, his father's old stomping grounds?)
Anytime the Aggies play a team in North Carolina, Virginia or Maryland I'm all for it. Ryan Odom was a 7 year assistant to Va Tech so maybe they can play a game at Va Tech soon. I'll be there for it!

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » June 21st, 2021, 1:47 am

I'd like to see us reschedule the Mississippi State game. Maybe UC Irvine too. Also wouldn't rule out some combo of Weber State, UVU, SUU and dare I say Utah?

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » June 21st, 2021, 12:19 pm

Wow! Odom killing it with the schedule! To me, it suggests Odom is confident in the team. Definitely scheduling up.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
Real Life AggieBLUERUFiO

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » June 21st, 2021, 12:25 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:

Wow! Odom killing it with the schedule! To me, it suggests Odom is confident in the team. Definitely scheduling up.
Sweet! Selfishly I would prefer we play neutral site game against Iowa at Wells Fargo in Des Moines, but Sioux Falls is likely more “neutral”.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » June 21st, 2021, 12:43 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 12:25 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:

Sweet! Selfishly I would prefer we play neutral site game against Iowa at Wells Fargo in Des Moines, but Sioux Falls is likely more “neutral”.
Neutral games against Richmond, Iowa, and the MTE teams, a home game against St. Mary’s, and a road game against BYU.

Fantastic, tough schedule so far. Need some more home games to be announced!

slcagg

Post by slcagg » June 21st, 2021, 7:40 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 12:25 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:

Hopefully a few Midwest aggies travel up there. I have an excellent ice cream suggestion for Sioux Falls if you do.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » June 21st, 2021, 8:33 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 12:19 pm

I do love the game with Iowa, but am concerned with the amount of tough games considering the amount of new faces and coaching staff. Nice thing is Iowa is consistently a top 25 team so this will more than likely be a quad 1 game.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » June 21st, 2021, 8:37 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 8:33 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:

I do love the game with Iowa, but am concerned with the amount of tough games considering the amount of new faces and coaching staff. Nice thing is Iowa is consistently a top 25 team so this will more than likely be a quad 1 game.
Yep, I do think we need a couple gimmes, which there will sure to be. But I also don't want to avoid playing good teams and building a resume. To me, it just suggests that the coaches believe in the team they have, which is encouraging to me.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » June 21st, 2021, 8:53 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 8:37 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 8:33 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:

Yep, I do think we need a couple gimmes, which there will sure to be. But I also don't want to avoid playing good teams and building a resume. To me, it just suggests that the coaches believe in the team they have, which is encouraging to me.
Should be fun, excited to see how it plays out. One thing is for sure the team will be prepared for the conference season in terms of playing high quality OOC games. There will be some opportunities for some big wins that will build a solid resume if they can pull them out.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » June 22nd, 2021, 5:08 pm

Heisenberg wrote:
May 21st, 2021, 1:41 pm
LoveMyAggies wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:
May 20th, 2021, 2:40 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
May 20th, 2021, 11:01 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:Oh I'll be there, hope treesap, android aggie and other eastcoast Aggies join me.

Also Aggies from everywhere. I was at the football game against Wake Forest two years ago and the Aggie crowd was great. Hope we get another good size crowd for this. I only live a few hours away from the Old Dominion campus and have wanted the Aggies to play them or another Virginia school for a while. Too bad it isn't in Virginia, but I'll take this.
This Aggie on the East Coast will be there! I was ecstatic to see the Aggies were going to Myrtle Beach this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad you'll be there
Werner Heisenberg!
I was a little skeptical about your actions in Germany during the 30's, but I'll let it slide knowing you're an Aggie!
Actually he’s a high school teacher.

Maybe he can drive his RV there and cook for everyone at the tailgate party.

I don’t have the RV anymore. My business associate and I had to take it to the junkyard.

But cooking? Yes, I can cook.

Oh, hey, nediest old dude I know. Want to cook crystal?

Eutaw St. Aggie

VegasBornAggie

Post by VegasBornAggie » July 19th, 2021, 1:40 pm

I'd say our non-conference schedule is shaping up nicely. The only thing I would like is those cowards from Salt Lake to play us. Although it probably won't happen, unfortunately.
These users thanked the author VegasBornAggie for the post:
Winkie

Full

Post by Full » July 19th, 2021, 3:19 pm

VegasBornAggie wrote:
July 19th, 2021, 1:40 pm

I'd say our non-conference schedule is shaping up nicely. The only thing I would like is those cowards from Salt Lake to play us. Although it probably won't happen, unfortunately.
Why on earth would we play Weber State in Salt Lake at Vivint Arena… is the Beehive Classic back on?

Winkie

Post by Winkie » July 19th, 2021, 3:20 pm

VegasBornAggie wrote:
July 19th, 2021, 1:40 pm

That game against Weber State... It Will NOT be part of another "Beehive Classic", will it (that event having been "spiked" after 2019), so I'm interested -- maybe they just figured it had enough "juice" as a matchup it could fill that larger venue? (Fine with me. More exposure through the state for the program. But, I do note the post's observance of moving it to Ogden, possibly. That would be okay, get back on a rotation with that in-state rival who has the cajones to play the Aggies.)

And, I see the "make-ups" from last year (UC Irvine, St. Mary's). Those will be quality opponents, some on this board had mentioned looking for those games.

Dixie State? sure, why not...

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » July 27th, 2021, 8:58 pm

Gotta be getting close to a final schedule.
WinkieReal Life Aggie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » August 5th, 2021, 12:01 pm

I love our bracket here. If we can advance to the title game, we’ll get three pretty good games in Myrtle Beach.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
Winkie

Winkie

Post by Winkie » August 5th, 2021, 1:01 pm

Just jumped on and snagged my tickets to the Myrtle Beach Invitational. Ticketing handled through the Coastal Carolina Athletic Dept. ticket office. ALREADY, I've received some "Go Chanticleers" junk email. :)

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » August 5th, 2021, 1:24 pm

Winkie wrote:
August 5th, 2021, 1:01 pm
Just jumped on and snagged my tickets to the Myrtle Beach Invitational. Ticketing handled through the Coastal Carolina Athletic Dept. ticket office. ALREADY, I've received some "Go Chanticleers" junk email. :)
After what they did for all of us in ruining BYU’s dream season last year, we owe them some patience with their junk mail.
Real Life AggieNavyBlue

Locked Previous topicNext topic