Thoughts on New LA bowl name

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Imakeitrain

Thoughts on New LA bowl name

Post by Imakeitrain » June 17th, 2021, 7:35 am

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... t-december

There was a point when jimmy kimmel was really funny. That time has passed.

Still it could create some dope content featuring USU or MWC teams, so long as it’s tied to JKL and not just slapping a name on.

Could you imagine Guillermo interacting with players, coaches, etc like he dies during the Oscars or nba finals? Or a trophy featuring Guillermo? Mean tweets could be funny too. Kimmel could feature USU and our players both on his show and bring interest to our game by integrating the show to the game. It could actually be huge.

But it could just be slapping his name on our bowl which is a slap in the face at that point.

Aggie84025

Re: Thoughts on New LA bowl name

Post by Aggie84025 » June 17th, 2021, 7:52 am

I think it is fine. The only comedian i liked to watch was Leno, but have no problem with the bowl game being named after Kimmel. I honestly could care less what the bowl game is called so long as the Aggies are in the bowl this December.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
ImakeitrainViAggie

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » June 17th, 2021, 8:20 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 7:52 am
I think it is fine. The only comedian i liked to watch was Leno, but have no problem with the bowl game being named after Kimmel. I honestly could care less what the bowl game is called so long as the Aggies are in the bowl this December.
Agreed. On its own it’s a really good bowl for a really good season.

But this bowl has so much potential.

Way better publicity in being featured on JKal than lobbying for months to be in Psych where it’s a second of 2 girls walking into a bar with your non-drinking school featured.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » June 21st, 2021, 1:33 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 8:20 am
Aggie84025 wrote:

Way better publicity in being featured on JKal than lobbying for months to be in Psych where it’s a second of 2 girls walking into a bar with your non-drinking school featured.
So our conf champ plays what? the 10th best team in the pac 12?

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » June 21st, 2021, 7:22 am

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 1:33 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 8:20 am
Aggie84025 wrote:

So our conf champ plays what? the 10th best team in the pac 12?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: come on man, you that seems like an excessively negative take.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » June 21st, 2021, 10:48 am

I find myself less and less interested in bowl games. They are just glorified exhibition games that rarely involve an intriguing matchup until we get to the big boy bowls.

Welcome to The Fifth Third Bank South West North Dakota Bowl Presented by Gildan, Which Is Either a Paint or T-Shirt Company - We Don't Care As Long As Their Check Clears!

Featuring a 5-7 South North East Midwestern State University vs. A 7-5 Team You've Never Heard Of From a Conference That Plays on Tuesday Nights In Front of Dozens of Fans!
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post:
AggiePT

Formerly TulsAGGIE

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » June 21st, 2021, 11:21 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 10:48 am
I find myself less and less interested in bowl games. They are just glorified exhibition games that rarely involve an intriguing matchup until we get to the big boy bowls.

Welcome to The Fifth Third Bank South West North Dakota Bowl Presented by Gildan, Which Is Either a Paint or T-Shirt Company - We Don't Care As Long As Their Check Clears!

Featuring a 5-7 South North East Midwestern State University vs. A 7-5 Team You've Never Heard Of From a Conference That Plays on Tuesday Nights In Front of Dozens of Fans!
Brutal Mr. S but so close to the truth. Bowls have become so pedestrian, almost like the ubiquitous Participation Trophies we now choose to inflict upon our pampered young.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
ViAggie

Locked Previous topicNext topic