Coach Peterson talking USU

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
usufan1

Re: Coach Peterson talking USU

Post by usufan1 » April 30th, 2021, 8:34 pm

cval wrote:Count me as one who took a small reduction in pay to return to Cache Valley.
It's a double edged sword. My salary dropped $30k coming back to Logan last year, but it has everything I want. Family, friends, outdoors, & Utah State!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

slcagg

Post by slcagg » April 30th, 2021, 8:56 pm

usufan1 wrote:
April 30th, 2021, 8:34 pm
cval wrote:Count me as one who took a small reduction in pay to return to Cache Valley.
It's a double edged sword. My salary dropped $30k coming back to Logan last year, but it has everything I want. Family, friends, outdoors, & Utah State!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
How was the home prices compared to where you moved from?

I cannot believe how expensive housing has become out there.

cval

Post by cval » April 30th, 2021, 9:20 pm

Back then (20 years ago) they were similar.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » May 1st, 2021, 12:03 am

If Cache Valley had been home for me, I may have been more inclined to come back. Most of mine and my wife’s families are in Idaho Falls and Logan, and we both grew up Idaho Falls. It’s an easy drive.

LoveMyAggies

Coach Peterson talking USU

Post by LoveMyAggies » May 1st, 2021, 9:54 am

AggiePT wrote:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
April 30th, 2021, 2:51 pm
brownjeans wrote:
April 29th, 2021, 7:58 pm
I love Logan. For the right price, I'd leave and never go back.
Yes "loving Logan" has nothing to do with whether a coach will leave. I would venture if you polled all the people that post on this board, the vast majority love Logan, but also left Logan.
That would be an interesting poll. Even to just see how many posters live in cache valley or outside of cache valley.
We moved outside Logan, can’t afford to move back ... financially ... still love Utah State! Great place to go to school!!

I really like Coach Peterson though, he’s a winner mark my words.

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » May 1st, 2021, 7:17 pm

I would say all we Aggie fans love our college days in Logan. I did in a huge way. But I could never live in Logan. I prefer a much more diverse culture and more choices of things to do. For those who love that culture, great. I love to visit for a day or two and really enjoy that. A day at a FB or BB game is wonderful. Go Aggies!
These users thanked the author Agezzz for the post (total 2):
Sl7vkAGinNEIowa

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » May 1st, 2021, 8:12 pm

Agezzz wrote:
May 1st, 2021, 7:17 pm
I would say all we Aggie fans love our college days in Logan. I did in a huge way. But I could never live in Logan. I prefer a much more diverse culture and more choices of things to do. For those who love that culture, great. I love to visit for a day or two and really enjoy that. A day at a FB or BB game is wonderful. Go Aggies!
Good post. I could live there... maybe.... I'm not LDS and I think I've forgotten how oppressive it is to non-LDS individuals.
With all that said, my wife would wither away in depression living in a small town. So the deal is sealed.

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » May 1st, 2021, 8:27 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
May 1st, 2021, 8:12 pm
Agezzz wrote:
May 1st, 2021, 7:17 pm
Good post. I could live there... maybe.... I'm not LDS and I think I've forgotten how oppressive it is to non-LDS individuals.
With all that said, my wife would wither away in depression living in a small town. So the deal is sealed.
Ehh, they have Prozac for a reason...

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » May 1st, 2021, 8:49 pm

Sandbox?
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
Real Life Aggie

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 2nd, 2021, 11:20 am

Obviously there is no guarantee of success as we have seen over and over when guys move up, but Peterson was a HC at Williston State and went 52-15 there. The guy can certainly coach. He should definitely be on our short list if we need to make another basketball hire in a few years.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
aggies22Real Life Aggie

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » May 3rd, 2021, 12:45 pm

What really sealed the deal for Peterson is that Craig Smith offered him a job as his Associate Head Coach at Utah and the process hadn't even begun in Logan yet. Since the job wasn't given to him out of hand, he determined he wasn't going to get it and took the sure thing. Smart man.

I don't think we've seen the last of Eric Peterson at Utah State.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 3rd, 2021, 3:53 pm

AggiesForever wrote:
May 3rd, 2021, 12:45 pm
What really sealed the deal for Peterson is that Craig Smith offered him a job as his Associate Head Coach at Utah and the process hadn't even begun in Logan yet. Since the job wasn't given to him out of hand, he determined he wasn't going to get it and took the sure thing. Smart man.

I don't think we've seen the last of Eric Peterson at Utah State.
Yeah I mean if Utah has a good run over the next 3-5 years and we have a good run over the next 3-5 years and Odom moves on, he should be on our list. Of course no disrespect to Peterson, but I hope Utah doesn't have a good run.

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » May 6th, 2021, 7:38 pm

If any of you have any interest..and I don't blame you if you don't..but this is a very good press conference with Alford where he talks at length about his views of the portal and how he hopes to maintain a development and transfer strategy if he can. He speaks about the top of the MW..He is very complimentary about USU.

That all comes pretty early on..He then goes into detail about the roster..I love that stuff but I understand if you don't care about what some other school is doing..

anyhoo..

https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/report ... -offseason
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post (total 2):
Bank ShotAggie19

Locked Previous topicNext topic