Izzy Vaifoou arrested

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Izzy Vaifoou arrested

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 18th, 2021, 6:05 pm

Izzy Vaifoou was arrested early this morning for forcible sex abuse, burglary, trespassing and intoxication.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Re: Izzy Vaifoou arrested

Post by USU78 » April 18th, 2021, 6:31 pm

:oops:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » April 18th, 2021, 7:36 pm

https://gephardtdaily.com/local/man-jai ... dorm-room/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

MalAgua

Post by MalAgua » April 18th, 2021, 7:52 pm

bigblue wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 7:36 pm
https://gephardtdaily.com/local/man-jai ... dorm-room/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Sad story, hope he learns from that mistake.

In other news, looks like USU soccer just made a big splash hire....another good move by Hartwell!

https://gephardtdaily.com/local/former ... cer-coach/

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 18th, 2021, 7:55 pm

MalAgua wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 7:52 pm

In other news, looks like USU soccer just made a big splash hire....another good move by Hartwell!

https://gephardtdaily.com/local/former ... cer-coach/
UVU hired him, not us.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » April 18th, 2021, 8:11 pm

Izzy has also been dismissed from the team.

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » April 18th, 2021, 8:22 pm

Dang. I sat by his family at the scrimmage. I feel bad for them. I feel bad for the lady that was assaulted. This sucks.

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 18th, 2021, 8:53 pm

That sounds awful. Feel for the victim. How terrifying to wake up with a stranger in your bed.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 18th, 2021, 9:26 pm

One decision to binge drink can ruin your life and the life of others.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 5):
hipsterdoofus213rdGenAggieBLUERUFiOAngusAgJSHarvey

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » April 18th, 2021, 9:41 pm

2 news just ran ancommercial for their news tonight & led with the Usu football player sexual assault as their lead story.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » April 18th, 2021, 10:04 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 8:11 pm
Glad to see Coach Anderson isn't playing around with this type of stuff.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post (total 6):
Aggie formerly in HawaiiBLUERUFiOAngusAgAggieFBObsessionaggieguy13MrBiggle

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

TrueBlueFan

Post by TrueBlueFan » April 18th, 2021, 10:12 pm

Media outlets suck at editing.

Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 18th, 2021, 10:16 pm

Good to see him being quickly dismissed from the team. It should be a no tolerance policy for things like this.

As for the soccer coach that went to UVU, it is extra bogus since USU doesn't even have a Men's scholarship team.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
3rdGenAggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 18th, 2021, 10:19 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 10:04 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 8:11 pm
Glad to see Coach Anderson isn't playing around with this type of stuff.
I am as well, there is no room for that crap. Hopefully the victim can recover and Izzy can change his life for the better.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
3rdGenAggie

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 18th, 2021, 10:25 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 10:16 pm
As for the soccer coach that went to UVU, it is extra bogus since USU doesn't even have a Men's scholarship team.
I once actually posted on facebook that USU was starting up NCAA Varsity Scholarship Men's soccer, to get some people who played on the club soccer team, or that were friends with them, or others who just like to play soccer and like that sport better than football. A number of people fell for it, and some went around for weeks thinking it was real only to find out it was an April Fools joke!

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 18th, 2021, 10:28 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 10:25 pm
April 18th, 2021, 10:16 pm
I once actually posted on facebook that USU was starting up NCAA Varsity Scholarship Men's soccer, to get some people who played on the club soccer team, or that were friends with them, or others who just like to play soccer and like that sport better than football. A number of people fell for it, and some went around for weeks thinking it was real only to find out it was an April Fools joke!
I'm hoping your call to root for Utah was also an April Fool's joke.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » April 19th, 2021, 10:44 am

This reads like the plot to a bad 80's college campus comedy movie. Big, drunk guy doesn't know where he is and stumbles around in the dark and falls down in the bed of an unsuspecting coed.

Back then - we laughed at it on the big screen. Now - it ruins lives for years.

Not a pleasant night for the young lady, I'm sure.

Is "intoxication" a crime? The article stated Izzy was cited with "intoxication" - A Class C misdemeanor. I assume this means public intoxication, right? Or is it illegal to drink until drunk in Utah?

The university has gone to great lengths to try and prevent this type of thing from happening. The suite/apartment doors have automatic locks that engage when the door is closed. There are also locks on the individual bedroom doors that need a card key to access them. The kids find them to be a nuisance and tamper with them so they don't lock, making this very unfortunate event possible.

Eutaw St. Aggie

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » April 19th, 2021, 12:08 pm

I'm curious how he got into any of the areas cited in the article? Did someone let him in? Aren't the doors to the dorm in general, the individual suite's general area, and the individual sleeping areas auto locked?

I read Yossarian's comment that the students sometimes tamper with the locks, but it is doubtful that many locks would be tampered with. The outside dorm lock, the general area/suite lock, and the four individual bedroom locks? Seems weird.

In any event it seems this guy just really messed up his life. If what is reported in the article holds up in court he is likely hosed and looking at severe consequences.

:-(
These users thanked the author JSHarvey for the post:
ViAggie

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

GUS

Post by GUS » April 19th, 2021, 12:33 pm

Wasn't Izzy a RM? I thought that drinking or using drugs while being a RM was limited to byu athletes.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » April 19th, 2021, 12:51 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 9:26 pm
Plenty of men have been drunk before and never assaulted a Woman, that's no excuse
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » April 19th, 2021, 12:51 pm

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » April 19th, 2021, 12:52 pm

Yossarian wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 10:44 am
This reads like the plot to a bad 80's college campus comedy movie. Big, drunk guy doesn't know where he is and stumbles around in the dark and falls down in the bed of an unsuspecting coed.

Is "intoxication" a crime? The article stated Izzy was cited with "intoxication" - A Class C misdemeanor. I assume this means public intoxication, right? Or is it illegal to drink until drunk in Utah?

The university has gone to great lengths to try and prevent this type of thing from happening. The suite/apartment doors have automatic locks that engage when the door is closed. There are also locks on the individual bedroom doors that need a card key to access them. The kids find them to be a nuisance and tamper with them so they don't lock, making this very unfortunate event possible.
Public Intoxication is a no-no pretty much everywhere in the US

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 19th, 2021, 1:00 pm

Yossarian wrote:

If he is guilty he should be punished severely. As for ruining his life, he can pick his life back up away from USU. What really ruins lives is being the victim of sexual assault. Nothing comparable to a comedy movie.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » April 19th, 2021, 1:12 pm

April 19th, 2021, 1:00 pm
Yossarian wrote:

If he is guilty he should be punished severely. As for ruining his life, he can pick his life back up away from USU. What really ruins lives is being the victim of sexual assault. Nothing comparable to a comedy movie.
That's why i used the plural "lives".

Eutaw St. Aggie

stang

Post by stang » April 19th, 2021, 1:41 pm

Yossarian wrote:This reads like the plot to a bad 80's college campus comedy movie. Big, drunk guy doesn't know where he is and stumbles around in the dark and falls down in the bed of an unsuspecting coed.

I guess I’m just too “young and woke” to understand how someone sexually assaulting and likely permanently scarring a complete stranger is anything like a comedy movie. I don’t see much to laugh about in this horrible story.

I’m glad that we finally have a coach who will take this kind of thing seriously and will take swift and strong action. I’m so tired of having the school and the team I love tied in with garbage like this.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » April 19th, 2021, 1:46 pm

stang wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 1:41 pm
Yossarian wrote:This reads like the plot to a bad 80's college campus comedy movie. Big, drunk guy doesn't know where he is and stumbles around in the dark and falls down in the bed of an unsuspecting coed.

I guess I’m just too “young and woke” to understand how someone sexually assaulting and likely permanently scarring a complete stranger is anything like a comedy movie. I don’t see much to laugh about in this horrible story.

I’m glad that we finally have a coach who will take this kind of thing seriously and will take swift and strong action. I’m so tired of having the school and the team I love tied in with garbage like this.

Did you ever see a college comedy movie in the 80's . I'm not saying it's right or wrong and I'm not saying it is a horrible situation for all involved - it is, and I'm not laughing. I'm just saying that this was part of many a movie (frat house/high school hijinks) movie back in those days.

Eutaw St. Aggie

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » April 19th, 2021, 1:47 pm

GUS wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 12:33 pm
Wasn't Izzy a RM? I thought that drinking or using drugs while being a RM was limited to byu athletes.
Yeah.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 19th, 2021, 2:28 pm

Yossarian wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 1:12 pm
Yossarian wrote:

"Back then - we laughed at it on the big screen. Now - it ruins lives for years."

The women I know who were sexually assaulted at college in the 80's would disagree that it is only now that it ruins lives. It still can cause trauma even decades later. Glad you saw a movie where sexual assault was funny though. Very hilarious.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » April 19th, 2021, 2:45 pm

April 19th, 2021, 2:28 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

"Back then - we laughed at it on the big screen. Now - it ruins lives for years."

The women I know who were sexually assaulted at college in the 80's would disagree that it is only now that it ruins lives. It still can cause trauma even decades later. Glad you saw a movie where rape was funny though. Very hilarious.
Wow. Yoss taking some backlash for his take. I feel like there's a colossal difference between this and say what Torrey Green was up to. Throwing around the word rape is pretty serious, especially when it has been reported that when asked if she wanted to have sex, the gal said no and told him to leave. In response he got dressed and left. I'm not going to speculate on what happened to get to the point of drunkenness that you are left wandering through hallways and rooms looking for where to lay down.

The whole thing could have gone differently if:
1. Izzy decides to not get black out drunk in the first place
2. Those he was with when getting to this state (if anyone) made sure he made it to his own bed

He should definitely be punished but lets not lump this in with rapists or perpetrators of serious sex crimes.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 2):
USU78JSHarvey

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » April 19th, 2021, 2:48 pm

ViAggie wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
Plenty of men have been drunk before and never assaulted a Woman, that's no excuse
Yeah, drinking is not the problem in this situation. Lack of respect and of moral compass, combine with a disgusting sense of entitlement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author BleedAggieBlue0 for the post (total 2):
AgliciousFloridaAggie13

stang

Post by stang » April 19th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Aglicious wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 2:45 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

The women I know who were sexually assaulted at college in the 80's would disagree that it is only now that it ruins lives. It still can cause trauma even decades later. Glad you saw a movie where rape was funny though. Very hilarious.
Wow. Yoss taking some backlash for his take. I feel like there's a colossal difference between this and say what Torrey Green was up to. Throwing around the word rape is pretty serious, especially when it has been reported that when asked if she wanted to have sex, the gal said no and told him to leave. In response he got dressed and left. I'm not going to speculate on what happened to get to the point of drunkenness that you are left wandering through hallways and rooms looking for where to lay down.

The whole thing could have gone differently if:
1. Izzy decides to not get black out drunk in the first place
2. Those he was with when getting to this state (if anyone) made sure he made it to his own bed

He should definitely be punished but lets not lump this in with rapists or perpetrators of serious sex crimes.
I'm not trying to jump down anyone's throat, I'm sure this is probably just a matter of poor phrasing. I just don't see anything even remotely humorous about the situation, and comparing a case of sexual assault to a comedy movie seems inappropriate. That's all.

While I agree that this doesn't fall into the same category as the garbage with Torrey Green, it's far more serious than just "boys will be boys, alcohol makes people act silly!" He didn't just drunkenly fall asleep in the wrong place, he sexually assaulted a complete stranger. It's not the fault of the alcohol, it's not the fault of his friends not keeping an eye on him, it's not the fault of whoever left the door unlocked. It's the fault of Izzy.
These users thanked the author stang for the post:
Mr. Sneelock

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » April 19th, 2021, 3:12 pm

stang wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 1:41 pm

The world didn't begin when you were born. Many 80's college movies such as "Revenge of the Nerds", on the heels of "Animal House", parodied the drunken excess of college students, frats and cliques, neither affirming nor condemning. Just laughing.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » April 19th, 2021, 3:13 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

The women I know who were sexually assaulted at college in the 80's would disagree that it is only now that it ruins lives. It still can cause trauma even decades later. Glad you saw a movie where sexual assault was funny though. Very hilarious.
Sandbox??
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 2):
tjensen_25thegreendalegelf

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 19th, 2021, 3:20 pm

ViAggie wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 12:51 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
Did I say it was an excuse? . All I stated was binge dunking can lead to poor decisions.

That does not mean that someone isn’t accountable for their actions.

I don’t see how my statement is controversial unless you are intentionally reading into what wasn’t said.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13JSHarvey

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 19th, 2021, 3:36 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 2:48 pm
ViAggie wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
Yeah, drinking is not the problem in this situation. Lack of respect and of moral compass, combine with a disgusting sense of entitlement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So are you claiming that binge drinking doesn’t sometimes lead to poor decisions that can ruin lives?

Got it.

Locked Previous topicNext topic