Craig

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
mcaggie1

Craig

Post by mcaggie1 » March 19th, 2021, 3:46 pm

So...we lost a Tournament game.....again. I hate it. I wanted to win. At halftime I thought this one was going down to the wire....then, a 20 to 4 run by TT. Mad, upset, frustrated. Worse things have happened.
Call me a wimp, but I don’t and won’t take it out on Craig Smith. I personally think it is counterproductive to do so, UNLESS you hate him and want him to go. Several have bad mouthed the coach. Called him a poor recruiter, and said he had a bad game plan. Really? I think if I were him and read these things, I would start looking for another job. I would look at the things I have accomplished in the MWC and wonder where my popularity went.

I know...when we lose we spout off, but at who’s expense? All I know is this. Craig has had 3 pretty dang good years at USU. Most new coaches haven’t come close to what Craig has accomplished in only three years, given the state of the program when he got here. Bottom line. I don’t want him to go. He is a winner, and it is unfortunate to me to see all the bad mouthing.
Sorry for a long boring post. It’s just my vote for Craig Smith.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post (total 14):
flying_scotsman2.0GeoAgAggie193rdGenAggieosuaggiePacobagMrBiggleStanfordAggieAgezzzUSU78 and 4 more users

GeoAg

Re: Craig

Post by GeoAg » March 19th, 2021, 3:49 pm

Amen. Coach has my full support. I hope he stays a long, long time.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post (total 11):
3rdGenAggiePacobagProvoAggiehipsterdoofus21MrBiggleBustaMcNuttStanfordAggieAgezzzBLUERUFiObluegrouse and one more user

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » March 19th, 2021, 3:49 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
March 19th, 2021, 3:46 pm
So...we lost a Tournament game.....again. I hate it. I wanted to win. At halftime I thought this one was going down to the wire....then, a 20 to 4 run by TT. Mad, upset, frustrated. Worse things have happened.
Call me a wimp, but I don’t and won’t take it out on Craig Smith. I personally think it is counterproductive to do so, UNLESS you hate him and want him to go. Several have bad mouthed the coach. Called him a poor recruiter, and said he had a bad game plan. Really? I think if I were him and read these things, I would start looking for another job. I would look at the things I have accomplished in the MWC and wonder where my popularity went.

I know...when we lose we spout off, but at who’s expense? All I know is this. Craig has had 3 pretty dang good years at USU. Most new coaches haven’t come close to what Craig has accomplished in only three years, given the state of the program when he got here. Bottom line. I don’t want him to go. He is a winner, and it is unfortunate to me to see all the bad mouthing.
I haven't said anything negative about Craig Smith (I too hope he stays a while), but if he starts looking for another job because of what some fans on a message board say after an incredibly frustrating loss, then he is WAAAAAY too soft to be a D-1 head coach.

The game plan was fine. The players just crapped their pants. As usual.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Niccon

Post by Niccon » March 19th, 2021, 4:01 pm

I’m starting to think that we have WAAAAAAY to soft of Aggie fans, that we act like this after loosing a tournament game to a higher seeded TT team. Coach Smith and his team made it to the tournament in a very trying year. Maybe we should take a second and appreciate what they accomplished.
These users thanked the author Niccon for the post (total 3):
mcaggie1hipsterdoofus21Real Life Aggie

Aggiealum13

Post by Aggiealum13 » March 19th, 2021, 4:03 pm

If their is a silver lining it's that the loss might allow us to keep Craig longer. If he would've won, then his chances of getting picked off to a bigger program would increase substantially. However, it would have been worth the risk if it meant getting the first tourney win in a while.

ususports

Post by ususports » March 19th, 2021, 4:12 pm

Niccon wrote:
March 19th, 2021, 4:01 pm
...after loosing a tournament game...
I think we played tight, not loose. That being clarified, I want Craig to stay.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 19th, 2021, 4:16 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
March 19th, 2021, 3:46 pm

I completely agree with your post, that being said if college coaches are looking at message boards and deciding about their job than they are looking in the wrong direction. All message boards have overreactions, but I certainly love Coach Smith. He has been wonderful, but like all of us is not perfect.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
mcaggie1

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 19th, 2021, 4:30 pm

I started a "Fire Craig's A$$" website just in case anyone is interested. I'm fed up with the way things have been the last three years and think that what Craig's done with our program is pathetic. We can easily do better. In three years he's only accomplished the following:

- Three MWC Tournament Finals appearances
- Three NCAA Tournament Appearances/Qualifications
- Three 20 plus win seasons
- Two MWC Tournament Championships

Today's loss, which was a direct result of Craig's lack of game planning, was the final straw for me. :puke:

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post (total 3):
mcaggie13rdGenAggieBLUERUFiO

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » March 19th, 2021, 4:36 pm

I’m not sure we could ever do better. How he isn’t on more people’s radar is a head scratcher to me. I love him hope is stay a long time.
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post:
bluegrouse

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 19th, 2021, 4:37 pm

:noidea:
Aggie in Boise wrote:
March 19th, 2021, 4:30 pm
I started a "Fire Craig's A$$" website just in case anyone is interested. I'm fed up with the way things have been the last three years and think that what Craig's done with our program is pathetic. We can easily do better. In three years he's only accomplished the following:

Today's loss, which was a direct result of Craig's lack of game planning, was the final straw for me. :puke:

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
:notworthy:

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » March 19th, 2021, 5:08 pm

Aggie in Boise wrote:
March 19th, 2021, 4:30 pm

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 19th, 2021, 5:18 pm

Great thread. I don’t blame today at all on Craig. The fact we could make a tournament with a team with only one headcase 3 pt shooter, no shot creators, and 2 freshman PGs is a testament to the coaching staff.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 5):
Aggie in BoiseBank Shot3rdGenAggiebluegrousemcaggie1

cval

Post by cval » March 19th, 2021, 5:29 pm

I am guessing that once the twelve year olds on here finish spouting, cooler heads prevail, and we get some real analysis, we will see that Craig has done an awesome job to make this team competitive. I also believe that once everyone else stops thinking we are in a rebuild mode and realizes that we are competitive, recruiting will see an uptick.
These users thanked the author cval for the post (total 6):
Aggie in BoiseNowhereLandAggieMrBiggleaggieguy13bluegrousemcaggie1

Locked Previous topicNext topic