Has anyone here

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Has anyone here

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 6th, 2021, 10:39 am

actually paid the $30 for a ticket to every single home game this year?

Aggie84025

Re: Has anyone here

Post by Aggie84025 » February 6th, 2021, 1:33 pm

I haven't been to all of them I have been going to one out of each of the series. I have actually spent more on the single game tickets then I did for my whole season tickets that were originally purchased.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 6th, 2021, 3:13 pm

Is $30 per game all that expensive ? That does not seem all that much.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » February 6th, 2021, 3:17 pm

All of them except BYU. They where gone before I could buy any.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 6th, 2021, 3:57 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 3:13 pm
Those were the cheap seats. Tickets were $50, $35 and $30. Prices this year were definitely higher than normal. I paid $30 and sat in way worse seats than I normally pay less for.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 6th, 2021, 4:07 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 3:57 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
Those were the cheap seats. Tickets were $50, $35 and $30. Prices this year were definitely higher than normal. I paid $30 and sat in way worse seats than I normally pay less for.
I guess I look at the bottom line which shows USU fans paying less for over all athletic tickets than any other MWC school except for San Jose.

ususports

Post by ususports » February 6th, 2021, 4:09 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
The answer to your question is very simple. For people who have lots of money, no, $30 per game is not expensive. However, for those who don't, yes, it is quite expensive (especially if you have a family--so it turns into $150 per game).

My own personal perspective might differ from others, but for me, I don't feel the value is there. I love watching the Aggies, but the difference between watching a game in person compared to on TV is the atmosphere. When you can watch a game in the Spectrum with 9,000-10,270 people, it is loud and exciting, and the value for me is definitely there for that type of experience. However, with this season, they are charging a lot more than what I would pay per game with my season tickets, and yet, I would go and sit in a building that is 84% empty, and for many fans, they are getting worse seats than their season tickets. If I can't get the atmosphere, I have a worse view, and I have to pay a lot more per ticket, I prefer to save my money and watch it on TV. Oleblu, you can call me cheap and a horrible fan, but at a minimum, you can give me credit since I did not ask for a refund on my season tickets and rolled that money over for next year. I am sure there are many who disagree with my viewpoint, and they have thoroughly enjoyed getting out and attending the games in person, and that is just great. I fully recognize that the athletic department has taken a huge hit with covid, so I am glad that many of you are able to step up with ticket purchases and extra donations. I am not currently in a position to do that right now.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post (total 2):
ProvoAggiesstrasser

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 6th, 2021, 4:28 pm

ususports wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 4:09 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
The answer to your question is very simple. For people who have lots of money, no, $30 per game is not expensive. However, for those who don't, yes, it is quite expensive (especially if you have a family--so it turns into $150 per game).

My own personal perspective might differ from others, but for me, I don't feel the value is there. I love watching the Aggies, but the difference between watching a game in person compared to on TV is the atmosphere. When you can watch a game in the Spectrum with 9,000-10,270 people, it is loud and exciting, and the value for me is definitely there for that type of experience. However, with this season, they are charging a lot more than what I would pay per game with my season tickets, and yet, I would go and sit in a building that is 84% empty, and for many fans, they are getting worse seats than their season tickets. If I can't get the atmosphere, I have a worse view, and I have to pay a lot more per ticket, I prefer to save my money and watch it on TV. Oleblu, you can call me cheap and a horrible fan, but at a minimum, you can give me credit since I did not ask for a refund on my season tickets and rolled that money over for next year. I am sure there are many who disagree with my viewpoint, and they have thoroughly enjoyed getting out and attending the games in person, and that is just great. I fully recognize that the athletic department has taken a huge hit with covid, so I am glad that many of you are able to step up with ticket purchases and extra donations. I am not currently in a position to do that right now.
I hope I never called you cheap or a horrible fan. The figure I look at is from 2019. If we want success, fans need to be willing to step up. I mean Montana, and Montana state fans spend more money on tickets than what USU fans do, in fact a lot more. I guess it bothers me to see how little USU alums are willing to spend on the program.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 6th, 2021, 4:39 pm

ususports wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 4:09 pm
oleblu111 wrote:

I certainly don't think you are cheap. Everyone has their own individual priorities, I will never judge someone if they spend their money on other things or have other priorities to pay for.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » February 6th, 2021, 6:04 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
So where I sit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 6th, 2021, 6:11 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
So where I sit?

I sit there because I'm poor. You sit there because you're too lazy to walk down a few stairs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
sam tingey

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 6th, 2021, 6:36 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 6:11 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
So where I sit?

I sit there because I'm poor. You sit there because you're too lazy to walk down a few stairs.

So you are a aggie that has to live in Provo, and is poor, OMG that must be hell on earth. I can not image such a horrible fate.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 6th, 2021, 7:17 pm

Honestly, it's one thing to go after people that complain about $10 tickets being too high, and justify other schools with higher dollar donors and more of them being more successful than than us, and for instance be grateful for Jim Laub as well as other high dollar donors.
But it's not really that "cheap" to not want to spend $30 on each game when doing it for each game DOES add up to more than just buying season tickets, along with most people getting worse seats than normal and the atmosphere not being the same. But the limited supply does justify the cost this year, as we are selling out our limited supply.

sneed

Post by sneed » February 6th, 2021, 8:49 pm

I normally have season tickets or do the punch pass and go to about all the games but I only made it to the two SDSU games so far. I might make it to Nevada if I can get tickets. Have we not been “selling out” the few seats available?

Bigd23
Has thanked: 0

Post by Bigd23 » February 6th, 2021, 8:51 pm

Tickets for three of the four remaining home games sold out within one day of going on sale and the fourth game is a Sunday game where tickets won't have typical demand. USU priced tickets at points they felt were reasonable and would still sell out.

It's not a good situation for season ticket purchasers who want to attend every home game and can't justify that kind of money but the programs still need the funds to cover costs and not go into a huge deficit.

I would have attended every home game under normal conditions but I'm now hoping to get to three games by season end. We're extremely fortunate to be able to attend games in person as that isn't even an option for most fans and schools.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » February 6th, 2021, 9:20 pm

If I didn’t live 90 minutes away.....,,,.
Me and my son would be at all of these games regardless of price.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 6th, 2021, 9:49 pm

sneed wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 8:49 pm
I normally have season tickets or do the punch pass and go to about all the games but I only made it to the two SDSU games so far. I might make it to Nevada if I can get tickets. Have we not been “selling out” the few seats available?
Yes we have been selling the games out

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » February 7th, 2021, 6:25 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
So where I sit?

You’re not wrong.

Hail Aggies!

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » February 7th, 2021, 7:55 pm

I think the better question is: has every game been sold out or nearly sold out? If so, they priced them right for this year.

The most important thing this year to me is not whether I could attend the games but whether the AD could maximize revenue in a year of huge financial losses. I’m happy there are people who could buy all those tickets this year even if I couldn’t.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 7th, 2021, 9:04 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
February 7th, 2021, 7:55 pm
I think the better question is: has every game been sold out or nearly sold out? If so, they priced them right for this year.

The most important thing this year to me is not whether I could attend the games but whether the AD could maximize revenue in a year of huge financial losses. I’m happy there are people who could buy all those tickets this year even if I couldn’t.
Every game has sold out. Most have sold out within 24 hours of tickets going on sale. Ultimately it's a supply and demand problem and I felt like USU probably priced it right with the quantity that was available. They may have been able to push the price a bit higher with as fast as the tickets were selling out.

ususports

Post by ususports » February 7th, 2021, 9:10 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
February 7th, 2021, 9:04 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
February 7th, 2021, 7:55 pm

Every game has sold out. Most have sold out within 24 hours of tickets going on sale. Ultimately it's a supply and demand problem and I felt like USU probably priced it right with the quantity that was available. They may have been able to push the price a bit higher with as fast as the tickets were selling out.
Mostly accurate with a few corrections needed. College of Idaho and the two SJSU games did not sellout, and there are still plenty of seats available for the second Nevada game (because it is on a Sunday). The Colorado State games didn’t actually sellout until the day before the first of the two games, but they eventually got there.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 7th, 2021, 9:13 pm

If anyone has tickets for the first Nevada game and is willing to sell them, PM me. I'll pay more than market value for them. I'll be in town that weekend and would love to go.

Sike

Post by Sike » February 8th, 2021, 9:29 am

What's interesting is i spent $2,400.00 for four season tickets. There looks to be 13 games. So that's like $46 per game...

Locked Previous topicNext topic