A Look at a Potential New Depth Chart

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BLUERUFiO

Re: A Look at a Potential New Depth Chart

Post by BLUERUFiO » January 25th, 2021, 11:55 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 9th, 2021, 4:55 pm
I wanted to get a rough idea of what the 3 deep depth chart could look like as currently constructed. Players in green are the new additions this offseason. I've made some assumptions that may or may not be right.

Here's my assumptions:

- We're running a 4-2-5 defense next year (What Banda ran at Miami)
- Nick Heninger not being a part of the team. He made some comments he may not be back and he was a ring leader in the whole Maile deal so I'll be surprised if he comes back.
- I'm keeping AJV at LB, but in a 4-2-5 defense he may be moved up to play DL and overall I think there's a lot of fluidity with those guys at DE vs. DT.

Really appreciate you doing this, Roy. Am I way off base to say that our offense on paper is looking pretty good? I think getting Bonner was huge and so was getting Thompkins back. Add in the new OL and we're cooking, no?

On D, I see potential. I'm stoked for our starting LBs and like what we've added to the DL. I'm just scared about the secondary, glad we added CB there.

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » January 26th, 2021, 7:22 am

Roy thank you for putting this together.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 26th, 2021, 7:26 am

BLUERUFiO wrote:
January 25th, 2021, 11:55 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 9th, 2021, 4:55 pm
I wanted to get a rough idea of what the 3 deep depth chart could look like as currently constructed. Players in green are the new additions this offseason. I've made some assumptions that may or may not be right.

Here's my assumptions:

- We're running a 4-2-5 defense next year (What Banda ran at Miami)
- Nick Heninger not being a part of the team. He made some comments he may not be back and he was a ring leader in the whole Maile deal so I'll be surprised if he comes back.
- I'm keeping AJV at LB, but in a 4-2-5 defense he may be moved up to play DL and overall I think there's a lot of fluidity with those guys at DE vs. DT.

Really appreciate you doing this, Roy. Am I way off base to say that our offense on paper is looking pretty good? I think getting Bonner was huge and so was getting Thompkins back. Add in the new OL and we're cooking, no?

On D, I see potential. I'm stoked for our starting LBs and like what we've added to the DL. I'm just scared about the secondary, glad we added CB there.
Vongpachanch and Rice will be a really solid line backing core.

Notatrueaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by Notatrueaggie » January 26th, 2021, 9:36 am

Terin Adams is coming back? I thought he was in the portal?

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 26th, 2021, 9:46 am

Notatrueaggie wrote:
January 26th, 2021, 9:36 am
Terin Adams is coming back? I thought he was in the portal?
He's coming back. It's discussed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54738

Locked Previous topicNext topic