INNOCENT!

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
MWCFAN12

Re: INNOCENT!

Post by MWCFAN12 » January 15th, 2021, 7:59 pm

coolag wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 7:50 pm
You're right. But like I said. Swallow your pride, motivate the players to play and coach the f'ing game to finish the year like Brent Guy did. Instead, imo he looks like a crybaby who didn't get his way.
LMAO.. It is a business. It is about money. There is no loyalty in sports. You have no idea if Frank treated good or bad. If you ever got fired I am sure you wouldn't "swallow your pride" and help out your former boss... The world doesn't work that way. In fact a large chunk of fired employees try to be malicious toward former employers.

coolag

Post by coolag » January 15th, 2021, 8:09 pm

So do you think Frank was malicious in this?

Regulator of Class

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » January 15th, 2021, 8:16 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 7:59 pm
coolag wrote:
You're right. But like I said. Swallow your pride, motivate the players to play and coach the f'ing game to finish the year like Brent Guy did. Instead, imo he looks like a crybaby who didn't get his way.
LMAO.. It is a business. It is about money. There is no loyalty in sports. You have no idea if Frank treated good or bad. If you ever got fired I am sure you wouldn't "swallow your pride" and help out your former boss... The world doesn't work that way. In fact a large chunk of fired employees try to be malicious toward former employers.
"Former?"

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 15th, 2021, 8:18 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
He agreed to be interim coach for the remainder of the season (including the CSU game) and was given some extra money to do so. He was also given an interview for the head coaching job that he was hoping to get. He should have finished the year by convincing the players to play the game (in my opinion). Yes he was not going to be renewed, but he was given the opportunity to prove himself and Hartwell chose to go in a different direction. For someone wanting to be a future a head coach how he handled this by not getting the team to play the CSU game is not something I would want on my resume.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
Aggie formerly in HawaiiJSHarvey

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » January 15th, 2021, 8:18 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
I reject the notion that the vast majority of employees are so lacking in integrity.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
ToedrAg

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

GA_Aggie

Post by GA_Aggie » January 15th, 2021, 8:22 pm

GeoAg wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 3:12 pm
As I read the report, I see a huge failure by Hartwell to share that he knew the meeting was about Frank with Noelle. She went in expecting a different conversation and that contributed in large part to this misunderstanding. I didn't see anywhere that he shared with her that this was about Frank and not about more general concerns as Noelle perceived. He does state that he knew what is was about. had she been prepared with that context going in, instead of finding out during the meeting, all of this probably would have gone down differently.
Totally agree. Had everyone been on the same page with the meeting topic I don’t think any of this would have happened. From now on, we all better ask the purposes of our meetings before we start them. :)

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » January 15th, 2021, 8:22 pm

coolag wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 8:09 pm
I think Frank felt backed into a corner. And felt he had to defend himself.

I have no idea what he and JH had talked about prior to this. I do know Frank executed several orders that came from above his pay grade. And took the heat and praise for it.

I do know Frank personally. He is a good man and a great Aggie.

I also believe mistakes were made here by everyone. Players, Coaches, Hartwell, Cockett, GA, Boosters, Fans.
Frank was left holding the bag. I am sure he would be the 1st to tell you he wish he had handled it differently.

As bad as this was it could have been so much worse had people really tried to push it in the media. I am glad that people calmed down and just let it play out. Hopefully it is over. And there's plenty of blame to go around for everyone. But I don't think there should be anyone attacking anyone's character or attacking them personally. They are all Aggies involved here. If you don't agree with their decision or choice is fine talk about that. But I would hope we as a fanbase would stay away from personal attacks. This includes me.
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post (total 3):
GA_AggieTransplantedSpudNIrishAg

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » January 15th, 2021, 8:24 pm

USU78 wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 8:18 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
I reject the notion that the vast majority of employees are so lacking in integrity.
If that read as vast majority I apologize. I meant it as there is a significant portion 10% maybe.
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post:
USU78

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 15th, 2021, 8:27 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 8:22 pm
coolag wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 8:09 pm
I think Frank felt backed into a corner. And felt he had to defend himself.

I have no idea what he and JH had talked about prior to this. I do know Frank executed several orders that came from above his pay grade. And took the heat and praise for it.

I do know Frank personally. He is a good man and a great Aggie.

I also believe mistakes were made here by everyone. Players, Coaches, Hartwell, Cockett, GA, Boosters, Fans.
Frank was left holding the bag. I am sure he would be the 1st to tell you he wish he had handled it differently.

As bad as this was it could have been so much worse had people really tried to push it in the media. I am glad that people calmed down and just let it play out. Hopefully it is over. And there's plenty of blame to go around for everyone. But I don't think there should be anyone attacking anyone's character or attacking them personally. They are all Aggies involved here. If you don't agree with their decision or choice is fine talk about that. But I would hope we as a fanbase would stay away from personal attacks. This includes me.
:cheers:

GA_Aggie

Post by GA_Aggie » January 15th, 2021, 8:35 pm

Another aspect to this. Had all this gone down differently, Frank likely would have had a chance in the future to be a HC here. Now it would appear as if he’s burned those bridges.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 15th, 2021, 8:45 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
It is a business and Maile's job was to coach the team for the rest of the year, not beyond that. No loyalty in sports works both ways. Just because he had been a longtime USU assistant doesn't mean he was the right man for the job. It isn't about swallowing pride. Literally every season there are coaches who are fired mid season and an interim coach finishes the year out. The vast majority don't get the full time job and know full well they won't. Yet they don't quit on the season because of this.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
JSHarvey

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » January 15th, 2021, 8:51 pm

GA_Aggie wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 8:35 pm
Another aspect to this. Had all this gone down differently, Frank likely would have had a chance in the future to be a HC here. Now it would appear as if he’s burned those bridges.
I would like to know if he was lead to believe this when they hired GA.

72AgGrad
RIP

Post by 72AgGrad » January 15th, 2021, 9:29 pm

coolag wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 7:47 pm
72AgGrad wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 7:44 pm
I think there is an element here of "I'm sure you think you understand what you thought I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you thought you heard is not what I meant".
I agree. That is why a call or meeting to clarify comments could have solved all of it. But what fun is that?
Another thing which is astonishing to me is that NOBODY made a recording of the zoom call.

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » January 15th, 2021, 10:22 pm

72AgGrad wrote:
coolag wrote:
72AgGrad wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 7:44 pm
I think there is an element here of "I'm sure you think you understand what you thought I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you thought you heard is not what I meant".
I agree. That is why a call or meeting to clarify comments could have solved all of it. But what fun is that?
Another thing which is astonishing to me is that NOBODY made a recording of the zoom call.
I find this astonishing too... I’m pretty sure mine defaulted to automatically record all of my meetings to my computer. I never made this setting but have since found a large list of zoom recordings on my computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 15th, 2021, 11:00 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:

And told he was not going to be renewed
He had a great chance of retaining his assistant job if he wanted to. He just didn't want to and made it known it was top job or nothing

ususports

Post by ususports » January 16th, 2021, 4:38 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 8:22 pm
But I don't think there should be anyone attacking anyone's character or attacking them personally. They are all Aggies involved here.
I am pretty sure one of them is a Bronco, so does that open things up so we can at least attack his character. ;)

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » January 16th, 2021, 7:02 am

AggieUprising50 wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 1:11 pm
I think this exert from the article describes it best:

“ During the Zoom meeting Pres. Cockett described Logan and Cache Valley as unique communities that can sometimes seem to not be inclusive to outsiders. Because the athletes were focused on expressing their support for Coach Maile, we conclude that it is likely they understandably interpreted Pres. Cockett’s comments as a criticism of or commentary on Coach Maile, which triggered a number of athletes to defend Coach Maile as being inclusive and supportive of athletes regardless of their religious background.”

To me it sounds like President Crockett was trying to pander to some of the players instead of understanding what they were trying to say and it backfired.

None of the players or Frank should be ashamed or receive any blame for their actions. There obviously was a miscommunication and the article itself states that they “understandably interpreted....” (the wrong way).

With that said, I’m happy she’s not getting fired for this. Misunderstandings like this happen all the time and I’m glad we can all move on with our lives.

Here’s to a successful 2021 season! :utah: :state:
Which is exactly why they should be embarrassed and ashamed. Look how far they took this misunderstanding without any effort to seek clarification first. They were trying to join the headlines at the expense of Cockett and the university. I am embarrassed for them.
These users thanked the author AGNUMPI for the post (total 2):
USU78JSHarvey

"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » January 16th, 2021, 7:16 am

AggieUprising50 wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 1:52 pm
ShowMeAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 1:48 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 1:45 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 1:37 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 1:25 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 1:11 pm
I think this exert from the article describes it best:

“ During the Zoom meeting Pres. Cockett described Logan and Cache Valley as unique communities that can sometimes seem to not be inclusive to outsiders. Because the athletes were focused on expressing their support for Coach Maile, we conclude that it is likely they understandably interpreted Pres. Cockett’s comments as a criticism of or commentary on Coach Maile, which triggered a number of athletes to defend Coach Maile as being inclusive and supportive of athletes regardless of their religious background.”

To me it sounds like President Crockett was trying to pander to some of the players instead of understanding what they were trying to say and it backfired.

None of the players or Frank should be ashamed or receive any blame for their actions. There obviously was a miscommunication and the article itself states that they “understandably interpreted....” (the wrong way).

With that said, I’m happy she’s not getting fired for this. Misunderstandings like this happen all the time and I’m glad we can all move on with our lives.

Here’s to a successful 2021 season! :utah: :state:
Not really sure how you reached that conclusion
Because the article states that she thought the purpose of the call was to check in on the well being of the players (while they wanted to use it as a pitch for Maile).

In that context, why else would she ramble on about how uninclusive Cashe Valley is and so on knowing that there are a lot of out of state athletes on the call?
You say that none of the players or Frank should be ashamed.
After reading the report I disagree.
same.
I feel the players were (generally) being whiny beeotches. they had their mind made up about Frank, then when given any kind of opening, they ran with it and tried to inflict as much damage as possible in order to advance their cause. They should be ashamed, IMO....
Well the people who did the investigation disagree with you. They specifically said they could see why the players came to the conclusion they did after the call.
We can all see how they "could" come to that conclusion. It's understandable that they had a misunderstanding. Making the mess that they did is the real problem.
These users thanked the author AGNUMPI for the post (total 2):
USU78JSHarvey

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » January 16th, 2021, 7:17 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
Not sure if you are defending those actions, but they shouldn't be viewed as acceptable.

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » January 16th, 2021, 7:30 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 8:51 pm
GA_Aggie wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 8:35 pm
I would like to know if he was lead to believe this when they hired GA.
How could that be? How would they know how long GA would be here or how things would go? I know he is a personal friend of yours, but trying to float possible explanations about why he might have done what he did shows a lack of integrity. It's over and done and there is a stain on his record, unfortunately. He was solid in all of our eyes before and I'm sure most of us will get over this, but it is going to take some time and some may never get over it. It is what it is. Everything that we will know is out there now. Adding more conjecture at this point is only going to make things worse.
These users thanked the author AGNUMPI for the post:
JSHarvey

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » January 16th, 2021, 7:39 am

ViAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 5:31 pm
Stewie Griffin wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 5:23 pm
coolag wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 1:50 pm
LOL @ Maile and the players. This was about one thing and one thing only. Maile and some players didn't get their way.
My belief and only my opinion, is that what we had was a bunch of ignorant brats that just didn't want to go to fort Collins and get their asses handed them in 30° weather.
I actually called it, you can go back and look at the CSU game prediction and I said the team will find a way to boycott or forfeit this game, and then BOOM it happened. Indeed they did. Sad
So it's your fault! ;)

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » January 16th, 2021, 7:50 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 7:40 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 7:29 pm
coolag wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 2:59 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 2:48 pm
2004AG wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 2:17 pm
I think this makes Frank look really bad. He handled this poorly and Hartwell and Cockett made the right decision.

(I know that continues to make me a piece of sh*t MWCFAN12, and that you feel sorry for anybody that has to be around me)
I said that because you were jumping to a conclusion with a issue you knew nothing about. You had zero facts. And very willing to destroy a guy publicly without any clue what happen.

I stand by my statement. And you proved my point with this post.
And he was right. Frank is a douche.

So Frank didn't feel compelled to help out a company that just fired him ? I can't imagine why.

I'm sure if you ask him now he will say he could have handled it better. But if you ever hired or fired anybody I'm sure you would understand that they are under no obligation to help you out.
He wasn't fired yet though. He was under contract until the end of the year and being paid until then as well.
And told he was not going to be renewed
That's business. You do what you say you were going to do. Do you know that is why he did what he did? If not I would stop trying to float it out there. It will only make him look worse. If you really like the guy, I would just let it go. There is no excuse. He made a mistake. He needs to take his lumps and move on. He has done very well all things considered, which I am happy about. I like the guy, but don't like how this was handled on his part.
These users thanked the author AGNUMPI for the post:
JSHarvey

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » January 16th, 2021, 9:06 am

AGNUMPI wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
Not sure if you are defending those actions, but they shouldn't be viewed as acceptable.
Ironically, the first time around, Frank handled it perfectly and passed the torch to Gary and handled it with class and swallowed his pride and finished the job.

This time around, he chose not to help his *current and potentially future employer.

These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
USU78

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » January 16th, 2021, 2:52 pm

2004AG wrote:
AGNUMPI wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
Ironically, the first time around, Frank handled it perfectly and passed the torch to Gary and handled it with class and swallowed his pride and finished the job.

This time around, he chose not to help his *current and potentially future employer.

I don’t know for sure and maybe you do... I think someone could just as easily speculate that he had a problem with it and this was a part of the locker room division for the last two years. He obviously had come to the conclusion that he was owed the job and I don’t think someone would conclude that overnight.

These users thanked the author CaptainChaos for the post (total 2):
USU78JSHarvey

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » January 16th, 2021, 3:49 pm

CaptainChaos wrote:
2004AG wrote:
AGNUMPI wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:

I don’t know for sure and maybe you do... I think someone could just as easily speculate that he had a problem with it and this was a part of the locker room division for the last two years. He obviously had come to the conclusion that he was owed the job and I don’t think someone would conclude that overnight.

I hadn’t thought of that but that’s entirely possible.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » January 16th, 2021, 4:16 pm

Y'all have to admit that all of my best posts are one word, usually all caps and then just a link. Thank me later... err Cash me outside.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
El Sapo

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

FastAggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by FastAggie » January 16th, 2021, 7:58 pm

Welp this makes the football players and Frank look really bad. An overly sensitive group more interested in sending messages than playing one of the few collegiate games they'll ever get to play. This says all you need to know about why this team sucked so bad.
These users thanked the author FastAggie for the post (total 2):
Sl7vkcoachgtp

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » January 18th, 2021, 12:21 pm

Coaches all get fired at some point. Frank not understanding how his chosen profession works is really sad. Players not understanding the meaning of the word "Inclusive?" Sad. The team as a group allowing a single player to manipulate them. Sad. Frank choosing selfish interests above those of the school and his players. SAD. Proves he's not a True Blue Aggie IMHO.

Ultimately this mess includes Hartwell. He seemed out of touch with what was happening on the FB team. No Bueno. He might be a great guy, but some of these mudballs that he got hit with are gonna leave marks.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post (total 2):
ViAggieJSHarvey

Locked Previous topicNext topic