Home Court Advantage

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Dkdavis

Home Court Advantage

Post by Dkdavis » January 15th, 2021, 10:47 am

How many schools actually have fans attending the games? We are all thinking it's too bad we don't have the spectrum rocking for when San Diego comes to town, but many of the teams we are playing have never had to play with fans before. So even the 16% is making a difference. I think the fans were actually able to make some noise during some of the big plays last night.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: Home Court Advantage

Post by ProvoAggie » January 15th, 2021, 11:19 am

Dkdavis wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 10:47 am
How many schools actually have fans attending the games? We are all thinking it's too bad we don't have the spectrum rocking for when San Diego comes to town, but many of the teams we are playing have never had to play with fans before. So even the 16% is making a difference. I think the fans were actually able to make some noise during some of the big plays last night.
In the Western US I'm not sure that there is another team allowing fans right now. The Pac-12 isn't allowing fans nor are most of the western states. BYU is the only other team that I can think of in the west that could allow fans but they've chosen not to.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 15th, 2021, 11:26 am

How did they come to the estimation that 1600 fans is safe?

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 15th, 2021, 11:36 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 11:26 am
How did they come to the estimation that 1600 fans is safe?
Science. Duh. :)
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 4):
hipsterdoofus21HomeTown3rdGenAggieIdaAg93

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 15th, 2021, 11:38 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 11:19 am
Dkdavis wrote:
In the Western US I'm not sure that there is another team allowing fans right now. The Pac-12 isn't allowing fans nor are most of the western states. BYU is the only other team that I can think of in the west that could allow fans but they've chosen not to.
I'm surpised that Wyoming is not.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » January 15th, 2021, 12:00 pm

slcagg wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 11:38 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 11:19 am
Dkdavis wrote:
I'm surpised that Wyoming is not.
It looks like they have been shut down by state order. They're definitely not one of the states that I would have expected to put a stop to it.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » January 15th, 2021, 12:18 pm

Wyoming doesn't have many citizens to lose. They need to protect their population
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
Real Life AggieIdaAg93

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » January 15th, 2021, 12:20 pm

NVAggie wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 12:18 pm
Wyoming doesn't have many citizens to lose. They need to protect their population
From what I understand their sheep are still allowed to attend. With a mask, of course.

Go Aggies!

WasatchAggie

Post by WasatchAggie » January 15th, 2021, 1:29 pm

^^^^
Wow! I didn't know Wyoming is allowing Colorado State fans to attend but not their own. :shock.
. :sarcasm: :lol:
These users thanked the author WasatchAggie for the post:
sam tingey

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 15th, 2021, 3:15 pm

Who was at the game? Was the crowd a big factor? Mitchell mentioned in the pregame that they weren't worried about the environment, but on TV it didn't sound too bad.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » January 15th, 2021, 3:19 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:Who was at the game? Was the crowd a big factor? Mitchell mentioned in the pregame that they weren't worried about the environment, but on TV it didn't sound too bad.
I was there and though it was only ~1500 or so, the Spectrum acoustics do a good job of making the few sound much bigger than they are. I thought the students that were there did a good job of getting into it and making some noise. Now that being said, it is a far cry from a packed and rockin Spectrum. I’m sure the environment helped a bit but likely not a significant factor in the outcome of the game.

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » January 15th, 2021, 4:08 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 3:19 pm
flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:Who was at the game? Was the crowd a big factor? Mitchell mentioned in the pregame that they weren't worried about the environment, but on TV it didn't sound too bad.
I was there and though it was only ~1500 or so, the Spectrum acoustics do a good job of making the few sound much bigger than they are. I thought the students that were there did a good job of getting into it and making some noise. Now that being said, it is a far cry from a packed and rockin Spectrum. I’m sure the environment helped a bit but likely not a significant factor in the outcome of the game.
Ha the pro of a slightly quieter Spectrum is we can heckle all game long. But it's probably the same has a louder spectrum and being closer...

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » January 15th, 2021, 4:52 pm

Dkdavis wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 3:19 pm
Ha the pro of a slightly quieter Spectrum is we can heckle all game long. But it's probably the same has a louder spectrum and being closer...
You can definitely make out a lot of heckling. And hear what the coaches are yelling. It's interesting and entertaining in its own way but I still prefer a full crowd.

One thing I did like is when SDSU started to get to the single digits on the shot clock right before halftime, everyone started to beat on the seats on front of them like drums getting louder as the shot clock ran down. That needs to happen everytime an opponent gets short on time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Locked Previous topicNext topic