UNM vs San Jose game moved to St. Greed

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ViAggie

UNM vs San Jose game moved to St. Greed

Post by ViAggie » January 11th, 2021, 3:37 pm

Dixie State more precisely. I guess the Lobos lost their home court in Lubbock, Texas? Or is this because Santa Clara County rules? Not sure why, but if you are in St Greed on Thursday, check it out (I guess)
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
aggies22

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Re: UNM vs San Jose game moved to St. Greed

Post by NVAggie » January 11th, 2021, 3:41 pm

So basically Dixie State is having a scrimmage.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 11th, 2021, 5:47 pm

Not trying to be political but what on Earth are California and New Mexico doing? Why will they not allow these teams to play in their state. All of these players and coaches are getting tested three times weekly and quarantined when they need to be. How is it that they cannot play in their home arena. All of the teams that are coming in are getting tested three times weekly as well. I'm just thinking that this is completely backwards but what do I know.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 11th, 2021, 6:49 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 5:47 pm
Not trying to be political but what on Earth are California and New Mexico doing? Why will they not allow these teams to play in their state. All of these players and coaches are getting tested three times weekly and quarantined when they need to be. How is it that they cannot play in their home arena. All of the teams that are coming in are getting tested three times weekly as well. I'm just thinking that this is completely backwards but what do I know.
Unfortunately, it's all politically motivated.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 11th, 2021, 6:56 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
California is dumb as ****. Just look at their state debt levels. New Mexico it’s hard to care, tbh

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 11th, 2021, 6:56 pm

I guess I missed the joke, why St. Greed?

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » January 11th, 2021, 7:15 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 6:56 pm
The poster is offended that middle class white people from salt lake move to st george to get away from the winter cold because they can.

He calls them greedy.

Hilarious, no?
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

dogie

Post by dogie » January 11th, 2021, 7:18 pm

USU78 wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 7:15 pm
The poster is offended that middle class white people from salt lake move to st george to get away from the winter cold because they can.

He calls them greedy.

Hilarious, no?
I think it might have been a certain country boy from Trenton who relocated to the St. George rat race and coined that term. He also has one for Vernal.

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » January 11th, 2021, 7:24 pm

USU78 wrote:

He calls them greedy.

Hilarious, no?
It doesn’t offend me but makes me very jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » January 11th, 2021, 8:16 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
Saw both Stanford and St. Mary's playing on their home courts over the weekend. Not sure why SJSU isn't allowed to -- is it in a different county?

Nobody here knows anything.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » January 11th, 2021, 8:20 pm

aggies22 wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 6:49 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
There are political ideological differences, but there's also potential harm to college athletes.

Study: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaca ... erm=091120
Non-white paper explanation: https://www.fox13news.com/news/ohio-sta ... 000143b895

Also, California's more densely populated and is having a very rough go of things right now. It may take a while to get better, too, because most of the LA-type anti-gluten new age hippies are anti-vaccine.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
cowcollege

calaggie

Post by calaggie » January 12th, 2021, 12:35 pm

aggies22 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
No, it’s not.

Infection rates are out of control and hospitals are over capacity. My 82 year old neighbor fell and broke her arm in two places. The ambulance took her to a hospital, where she waited for an hour before she was told to go home because they had no capacity to care for her. Didn’t set the bone, didn’t put it in a cast — just sent her home. When they tried to contact other hospitals in the area, they were told the same thing (when they could get anyone to answer).

There are multiple stories of people in ambulances be driven to one hospital after another, unable to find one that will take them. It’s so bad that EMTs and ambulance drivers have been instructed not to transport patients who have a low likelihood of survival. A hospital in the South Bay Area of LA has set up emergency space in the gift shop, and it’s still not enough.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 12th, 2021, 12:38 pm

OKAggie wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 8:16 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
Saw both Stanford and St. Mary's playing on their home courts over the weekend. Not sure why SJSU isn't allowed to -- is it in a different county?
Even all of those are in the bay, I think you are right is that it is a local jurisdiction. Not sure if it is a county or city thing though.

Remember their football team as well didn’t play in San Jose but other California schools did.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » January 12th, 2021, 1:33 pm

This isn’t about COVID, it’s about State’s Rights.

Hail Aggies!

dogie

Post by dogie » January 12th, 2021, 7:11 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 1:33 pm

It’s actually about greed ... St. Greed!

utaggies

Post by utaggies » January 12th, 2021, 9:24 pm

With NM playing Dixie St. tomorrow in St. George and then at UNLV on Jan. 16 and 18 (120 miles from St. George) and then “home” against SJS on Jan. 21 and 23 (in St. George) will the Lobos just take up temporary residency in Utah?

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » January 12th, 2021, 9:31 pm

calaggie wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 12:35 pm
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
No, it’s not.

Infection rates are out of control and hospitals are over capacity. My 82 year old neighbor fell and broke her arm in two places. The ambulance took her to a hospital, where she waited for an hour before she was told to go home because they had no capacity to care for her. Didn’t set the bone, didn’t put it in a cast — just sent her home. When they tried to contact other hospitals in the area, they were told the same thing (when they could get anyone to answer).

There are multiple stories of people in ambulances be driven to one hospital after another, unable to find one that will take them. It’s so bad that EMTs and ambulance drivers have been instructed not to transport patients who have a low likelihood of survival. A hospital in the South Bay Area of LA has set up emergency space in the gift shop, and it’s still not enough.
But I thought to California has been in lock down since day 1. Is the lockdown not working?

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 12th, 2021, 10:33 pm

calaggie wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 12:35 pm
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
No, it’s not.

Yeah I would have hoped we are past the point where people think not playing or limiting fans is all to affect an election or to score political points. The NBA has been postponing games left and right. I can tell you 100% they aren't doing that because of politics.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » January 13th, 2021, 2:41 pm

I got "St. Greed" from Troutuptz, sorry I figured everyone knew that. I just think it's funny.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » January 14th, 2021, 9:32 am

ViAggie wrote:I got "St. Greed" from Troutuptz, sorry I figured everyone knew that. I just think it's funny.
Leave it to usu78 to make it about race...

Hail Aggies!

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 14th, 2021, 9:42 am

ViAggie wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 2:41 pm
I got "St. Greed" from Troutuptz, sorry I figured everyone knew that. I just think it's funny.
All of a sudden it is funny.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » January 14th, 2021, 9:46 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 9:32 am
ViAggie wrote:I got "St. Greed" from Troutuptz, sorry I figured everyone knew that. I just think it's funny.
Leave it to usu78 to make it about race...

I didn't bite on that one

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » January 14th, 2021, 10:12 am

slcagg wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 12:38 pm
OKAggie wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 8:16 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
Even all of those are in the bay, I think you are right is that it is a local jurisdiction. Not sure if it is a county or city thing though.

Remember their football team as well didn’t play in San Jose but other California schools did.
California been doing handling their lockdowns and dealing with Covid hotspots as "regions" rather than cities or counties recently. The regions can be several counties in size.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/ ... 775775.php

Eutaw St. Aggie

freakboy

Post by freakboy » January 14th, 2021, 3:35 pm

dogie wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 7:11 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 1:33 pm

It’s actually about greed ... St. Greed!
As I recall, California is more about “the beautiful people”

Locked Previous topicNext topic