Jaxon Brenchley not playing

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieSox

Jaxon Brenchley not playing

Post by AggieSox » January 12th, 2021, 11:07 pm

Hey, with all the Cache valley connections on here. Anybody know how Jaxon and his family are feeling about him not playing much this year. He was #9 off bench in last game and played 3 minutes. He played more last year as a Freshman then he has this year as a Sophmore.

Anybody close to him or family know the Story?

slcagg

Re: Jaxon Brenchley not playing

Post by slcagg » January 13th, 2021, 6:27 am

AggieSox wrote:
January 12th, 2021, 11:07 pm
Hey, with all the Cache valley connections on here. Anybody know how Jaxon and his family are feeling about him not playing much this year. He was #9 off bench in last game and played 3 minutes. He played more last year as a Freshman then he has this year as a Sophmore.

I had heard he considered transferring last year. Maybe he didn’t have a landing spot that he wanted. With that said if we had the space I think he would be a nice addition. I know we all excited about the late signees last year but I’d venture a guess that Jaxon would have had a bigger impact.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 13th, 2021, 7:42 am

slcagg wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 6:27 am
AggieSox wrote:

I had heard he considered transferring last year. Maybe he didn’t have a landing spot that he wanted. With that said if we had the space I think he would be a nice addition. I know we all excited about the late signees last year but I’d venture a guess that Jaxon would have had a bigger impact.
Is this just based on high school? Because his stats as a freshman weren't exactly great, now he's having a hard time getting off the bench on a team that is pretty mediocre this year. I could see it though, Larry K being who he is and all.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 13th, 2021, 8:13 am

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 7:42 am
slcagg wrote:
AggieSox wrote:

Is this just based on high school? Because his stats as a freshman weren't exactly great, now he's having a hard time getting off the bench on a team that is pretty mediocre this year. I could see it though, Larry K being who he is and all.
You know probably some. He did play about 20 minutes per game last year as a freshman and shot just under 40% on 3s. We are a better program than utah right imo, so maybe he wouldn't play much here either. But playing for Craig would seem to be much better than playing for Larry.

I still would love to have him and Falslev. Still don't know what they see in Larry (a coach on the hot seat at this point). Granted a good chance that both Craig and Larry are somewhere else by the time Falslev comes home from his mission.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
flying_scotsman2.0AggieSox

UStateTim

Post by UStateTim » January 13th, 2021, 9:09 am

It's kind of hard to beat out all the coaches sons for playing time since that is the only way Larry K can recruit kids to play for him now.
These users thanked the author UStateTim for the post (total 6):
hipsterdoofus21flying_scotsman2.0aggies22aggieguy13Real Life AggiecdaAg

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 13th, 2021, 10:15 am

AggieSox wrote:

Something would have to change because right now there is absolutely no room to take another guard. His brother Landon will be joining the team in the summer as a walk-on.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 13th, 2021, 10:15 am

slcagg wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 8:13 am
slcagg wrote:
AggieSox wrote:

You know probably some. He did play about 20 minutes per game last year as a freshman and shot just under 40% on 3s. We are a better program than utah right imo, so maybe he wouldn't play much here either. But playing for Craig would seem to be much better than playing for Larry.

I still would love to have him and Falslev. Still don't know what they see in Larry (a coach on the hot seat at this point). Granted a good chance that both Craig and Larry are somewhere else by the time Falslev comes home from his mission.
I still think you'll see Falslev end up in Aggie Blue.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 4):
flying_scotsman2.0slcaggReal Life AggieUSU78

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 13th, 2021, 10:22 am

aggies22 wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 10:15 am
AggieSox wrote:

Something would have to change because right now there is absolutely no room to take another guard. His brother Landon will be joining the team in the summer as a walk-on.
22. In that, who do you count as coming and going for next year?

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » January 13th, 2021, 10:47 am

slcagg wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 10:22 am
aggies22 wrote:
AggieSox wrote:

Yeah, that's a super interesting question due to the eligibility freeze. I'd like to know if there are any thoughts about this right now, or if it's all wait and see.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 13th, 2021, 11:09 am

slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
AggieSox wrote:

I see Kuba likely not returning and I see Cade Potter coming in.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » January 13th, 2021, 11:10 am

aggies22 wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 11:09 am
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
AggieSox wrote:

Has Anderson said what he plans to do?

Eutaw St. Aggie

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 13th, 2021, 11:11 am

I have to think we'll be having a few openings after this season.

Neemias Queta - I think he goes pro.
Kuba - I think he leaves.
I also think at least one of Stastny, Vedischev, or Shulga leaves or is counseled out.
Last edited by Roy McAvoy on January 13th, 2021, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » January 13th, 2021, 11:13 am

I'm curious what the next draft stock will look like. Will it be a shallow draft with few leaving? or will it be a mass exodus? If many leave, would it benefit Queta to stay another year?

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 13th, 2021, 11:24 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 11:11 am

I also think at least one of Stastny, Vedischev, or Shulga leaves or is cancelled out.
Neemias is certainly a possibility. I don't see Max Shulga leaving. Zahar Vedishev could be a possibility but I'm not going to make it sound like I know it for certain. Karson Stastny is a walk-on so that doesn't impact the scholarship situation at all.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » January 13th, 2021, 11:24 am

Yossarian wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 11:10 am
aggies22 wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 11:09 am
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
AggieSox wrote:

Has Anderson said what he plans to do?
I have not heard either way what Alphonso plans to do.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » January 13th, 2021, 11:26 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:

I also think at least one of Stastny, Vedischev, or Shulga leaves or is cancelled out.
Stastny is a walk-on, right? He doesn't take up a scholarship. I think it is in poor form to bring a kid across the ocean and disrupt his life and his family's life just to jettison him after a season and send him packing. I don't think either Vedischev or Shulga will ever be major contributors at USU, but I also don't like just cutting them loose to fend for themselves. They are in a foreign country and have no contacts or way of finding a landing spot - unless the coaching staff helps them. I just think this is a crappy thing to do to foreign players, if they decide to counsel them out.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
aggies22

Eutaw St. Aggie

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » January 13th, 2021, 12:52 pm

I think if either leaves, it will be their choice entirely.

providencealum

Post by providencealum » January 13th, 2021, 6:26 pm

aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
slcagg wrote:
AggieSox wrote:

I am also under the impression that Falslev has his eyes on USU when he’s finished with the mission.
These users thanked the author providencealum for the post (total 2):
slcaggaggies22

stang

Post by stang » January 13th, 2021, 9:33 pm

aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
slcagg wrote:
AggieSox wrote:

I know that Aggies22 doesn’t need a second source to confirm anything he says, but I have a similar feeling.
These users thanked the author stang for the post:
aggies22

Cheecho6

Post by Cheecho6 » January 13th, 2021, 10:54 pm

stang wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
slcagg wrote:
AggieSox wrote:

I know that Aggies22 doesn’t need a second source to confirm anything he says, but I have a similar feeling.
Crossing my fingers - that would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » January 13th, 2021, 11:29 pm

Regarding Falslev, if he's a Nate Harris or Jalen Moore type, I hope he makes his way to USU. If he's a Jake Hendrick's type, he would still be welcome. If he's more like Jordan Stone but not as massive.... perhaps he's a better fit elsewhere. :joking:
These users thanked the author Pacobag for the post:
aggies22

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 14th, 2021, 6:58 am

Pacobag wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 11:29 pm
Regarding Falslev, if he's a Nate Harris or Jalen Moore type, I hope he makes his way to USU. If he's a Jake Hendrick's type, he would still be welcome. If he's more like Jordan Stone but not as massive.... perhaps he's a better fit elsewhere. :joking:
Falslev is very skilled is my understanding, so no he is not Jordan stone. Maybe similar to our two new freshman guards. I also think he could play football as well if he wanted.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
AggieSox

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » January 14th, 2021, 9:09 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed, I would love to see them both have long healthy careers. Neither one will ever play or enjoy UofU with KRISKO the WACKO. They are all really well connected with Chris Jones and played on his team when he lived here, but it's time to grow up and play where your going to play and WIN.

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » January 14th, 2021, 9:16 pm

Pacobag wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 11:29 pm
Nothing Like Stone. Elite Speed and best Guard ever to play High School BBALL in Cache Valley IMO. 1 or 2 guard, would be a fun college player to watch at the 1 or 2. Should have won 2 State titles, fouled out with a 2 point lead with 40 seconds left & lost senior year Title. Nate Harris was a big,
These users thanked the author AggieSox for the post:
slcagg

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 19th, 2021, 6:13 pm

Yossarian wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 11:26 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:

Stastny is a walk-on, right? He doesn't take up a scholarship. I think it is in poor form to bring a kid across the ocean and disrupt his life and his family's life just to jettison him after a season and send him packing. I don't think either Vedischev or Shulga will ever be major contributors at USU, but I also don't like just cutting them loose to fend for themselves. They are in a foreign country and have no contacts or way of finding a landing spot - unless the coaching staff helps them. I just think this is a crappy thing to do to foreign players, if they decide to counsel them out.
Like I said...

Locked Previous topicNext topic