Liam out for the season

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
OKAggie

Liam out for the season

Post by OKAggie » December 21st, 2020, 10:47 am

Per the game notes for the SJSU game, Liam is "anticipated to miss the rest of the 2020-21 season with a broken ankle."

I feel for the kid -- hopefully he can rehab and get back for his third freshman year. He's shown flashes of potential -- hope he's not the next Klay Stall.

Nobody here knows anything.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Re: Liam out for the season

Post by NVAggie » December 21st, 2020, 10:49 am

These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
sam tingey

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » December 21st, 2020, 10:52 am

I think this will pretty much be the end of Liam McChesney. He may come back and play a little here and there but he will but won't be able to contribute much. Once a big guy gets an injury in the knee/ankle/foot, he is pretty well done for. He's had a rough go of it since he arrived. I feel bad for the kid. I just don't expect him to contribute much of anything in his time at USU - however long that may be. The Liam McChesney era has ended before it began. Que pena.

Eutaw St. Aggie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 21st, 2020, 11:06 am

Lame.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » December 21st, 2020, 12:00 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 11:06 am
Lame.
Ha!

Formerly TulsAGGIE

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » December 21st, 2020, 1:37 pm

Yossarian wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 10:52 am
I think this will pretty much be the end of Liam McChesney. He may come back and play a little here and there but he will but won't be able to contribute much. Once a big guy gets an injury in the knee/ankle/foot, he is pretty well done for. He's had a rough go of it since he arrived. I feel bad for the kid. I just don't expect him to contribute much of anything in his time at USU - however long that may be. The Liam McChesney era has ended before it began. Que pena.
I tend to agree, but those injuries are often related to weight. Given that McChesney weighs about as much as the average 15 year old, he might be able to bounce back better.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » December 21st, 2020, 2:56 pm

Yossarian wrote:
He's a perimeter player, not a big man, and given his weight, I wouldn't (necessarily) worry about any long-term implications. It's basketball, ankle injuries happen all the time and guys come back from them. Chill out!
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
IdaAg93

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » December 21st, 2020, 3:07 pm

Lock him in the weight room with protein shakes until it's heals

Cuchelain

Post by Cuchelain » December 21st, 2020, 3:22 pm

I don’t think a broken ankle is a career ending injury, even for a big man. It is a set back but I would expect Liam to be fully healed in a few months and he will have plenty of time to get back into shape before next season.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » December 21st, 2020, 3:34 pm

Bummer for the kid. This whole COVID year has been disastrous for him. If he can keep mentally and emotionally in a good place and heal up well, he should have a good reset for next season and come out ready to contribute. He's one of those nightmare matchups for opposing teams if he can stay healthy.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » December 21st, 2020, 3:40 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 2:56 pm
Yossarian wrote:
He's a perimeter player, not a big man, and given his weight, I wouldn't (necessarily) worry about any long-term implications. It's basketball, ankle injuries happen all the time and guys come back from them. Chill out!
I would very much love to be wrong. I have just seen too many examples that suggest I might be right. I wish him well and hope that he is a major contributor in the coming years at USU.

As for me needing to chill out - in the words of Walter Sobchak: "Calmer than you are".

I'm not riled up at all.

Eutaw St. Aggie

AGGIEFIGHT
Has thanked: 0

Post by AGGIEFIGHT » December 21st, 2020, 6:00 pm

I saw him in boot a couple of months ago. Wonder if has been hampered by this for some time

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 21st, 2020, 6:58 pm

Maybe if he can't move he'll finally gain some weight. It'll be bad weight, but it's something!

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » December 21st, 2020, 9:22 pm

Yossarian wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 3:40 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
I would very much love to be wrong. I have just seen too many examples that suggest I might be right. I wish him well and hope that he is a major contributor in the coming years at USU.

As for me needing to chill out - in the words of Walter Sobchak: "Calmer than you are".

I'm not riled up at all.
Spencer Nelson, Neemias Queta, Nate Bendall all came back from knee/leg injuries with a lot of success.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » December 21st, 2020, 10:36 pm

treesap32 wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 9:22 pm
Yossarian wrote:
December 21st, 2020, 3:40 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

I'm not riled up at all.
Spencer Nelson, Neemias Queta, Nate Bendall all came back from knee/leg injuries with a lot of success.
AND Justin Bean.
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post:
treesap32

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

Locked Previous topicNext topic