Utah Foregoing Bowl Game

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Utah Foregoing Bowl Game

Post by 3rdGenAggie » December 18th, 2020, 2:13 pm

While I believe that generally college football players want to play when given the chance, I think the times are different. I think many watch LeBron and the like avoid playing as much as possible while still reaping the benefits and that mindset has spilled into all athletics, to a degree.

I'm sure it was a difficult decision for a few players to decide not to play against CSU, but I'm not convinced it was a particularly difficult decision for many, as has been suggested here.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

AgMac

Re: Utah Foregoing Bowl Game

Post by AgMac » December 18th, 2020, 2:18 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
December 18th, 2020, 2:13 pm
While I believe that generally college football players want to play when given the chance, I think the times are different. I think many watch LeBron and the like avoid playing as much as possible while still reaping the benefits and that mindset has spilled into all athletics, to a degree.

I'm sure it was a difficult decision for a few players to decide not to play against CSU, but I'm not convinced it was a particularly difficult decision for many, as has been suggested here.
I know you're lying, 3rdGen, because I have been assured that only under the most unfathomable and egregious circumstances would these kids choose to not play a game.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post (total 2):
3rdGenAggieBLUERUFiO

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 18th, 2020, 2:30 pm

No surprise. Who do we think SJSU will get to play in the new LA Bowl?

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 18th, 2020, 2:37 pm

Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly has gone as far as saying they will boycott the playoff if family members are not allowed in.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 18th, 2020, 2:44 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:

Lebron avoids playing? He has rarely missed games his whole career. Only two years ago did he even have a serious injury that caused him to miss serious time. I think you meant Kawhi who has sat out seasons and has sat out big chunks of the past two years despite being healthy.

But I do agree about the players. It is crazy USU players decided not to play. It would have been a much bigger tribute to Maile to go out and play balls to the wall against CSU then to sit at home.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
3rdGenAggie

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » December 18th, 2020, 5:09 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 18th, 2020, 2:44 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Lebron avoids playing? He has rarely missed games his whole career. Only two years ago did he even have a serious injury that caused him to miss serious time. I think you meant Kawhi who has sat out seasons and has sat out big chunks of the past two years despite being healthy.

But I do agree about the players. It is crazy USU players decided not to play. It would have been a much bigger tribute to Maile to go out and play balls to the wall against CSU then to sit at home.
Yeah, that's fair. I looked it up and LeBron doesn't typically miss many games. Kawhi is a better example of what I'm talking about.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Locked Previous topicNext topic