For all the talk of wanting BA to be a FB Craig Smith

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

For all the talk of wanting BA to be a FB Craig Smith

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 14th, 2020, 10:58 pm

One thing concerning is that Arkansas State fans are happy about him being gone, which contrasts too much to South Dakota fans being sad about Craig Smith leaving as well as Utah fans being sad about Gary leaving for his first stint. And too similar to how Arizona State fans were happy about Brent Guy leaving.

BUT, One thing to give us some hope, which we hope this instead turns out to be similar to, is the fact that Colorado State fans didn't like Stew and were happy about him leaving.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: For all the talk of wanting BA to be a FB Craig Smith

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 14th, 2020, 11:02 pm

Arkansas State had a bad year this year. I choose to look at the overall body of work he put out. Arkansas State fans are focusing on this season.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
JSHarvey

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 14th, 2020, 11:06 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 11:02 pm
Arkansas State had a bad year this year. I choose to look at the overall body of work he put out. Arkansas State fans are focusing on this season.
And they still got a P5 road win in a bad year, over Kansas State like we can never do even in good years. I'll be happy if we can ever break through with the P5 road win in a GOOD YEAR, let alone in a BAD YEAR.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post (total 2):
JSHarveyAGinNEIowa

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 14th, 2020, 11:08 pm

Arkansas State fans seem a lot like we were when Wells left.

In hindsight, were dumb for being excited about Wells leaving and hiring Gary Andersen. I think history will prove them dumb for being excited about Anderson leaving and hiring Butch Jones.

Don’t wish it on them though — hope Jones does well for them.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 4):
USU78aggies22JSHarveyAGinNEIowa

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » December 14th, 2020, 11:12 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 11:08 pm

In hindsight, were dumb for being excited about Wells leaving and hiring Gary Andersen. I think history will prove them dumb for being excited about Anderson leaving and hiring Butch Jones.

Wells leaving was the right move for us and him. Bringing Gary back was not.
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post:
BLUERUFiO

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 14th, 2020, 11:20 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 11:12 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:

It was ab$$$$olutely the right move for Wells. For us, its iffy. Had we made the right hire, we’d probably be okay right now, but I think we’d be best off if Wells had remained our coach.

It’s easy to make the “good is the enemy of the great” arguments we made about Wells leaving at the time. But Gary 2.0 is a cautionary tale of how quickly things can go to hell if you don’t make the right hire and how quickly a fanbase can start pining for just being “good” again.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
JSHarveyAggieBlues

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 14th, 2020, 11:48 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 11:20 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 11:12 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:

It was ab$$$$olutely the right move for Wells. For us, its iffy. Had we made the right hire, we’d probably be okay right now, but I think we’d be best off if Wells had remained our coach.

It’s easy to make the “good is the enemy of the great” arguments we made about Wells leaving at the time. But Gary 2.0 is a cautionary tale of how quickly things can go to hell if you don’t make the right hire and how quickly a fanbase can start pining for just being “good” again.
Yep. We are probably a 2-10 team this year in a full schedule. Would anyone have guessed two years ago that we would go from 11-2 to 2-10 in two years? Yet that is what we did with the wrong hire.

GA_Aggie

Post by GA_Aggie » December 15th, 2020, 6:11 am

For all of the things we have to be pessimistic about, I’m going to be optimistic about this hire and see what he can do. I need some silver lining...
These users thanked the author GA_Aggie for the post (total 2):
JSHarveyUSU78

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » December 15th, 2020, 6:27 am

So here is what I am seeing. Besides that one really negative guy yesterday most fans of arkansas love him. I think they all are really sad he is leaving but I also think they can tell that he would be better off with a new start and so would they. Not because he Is a bad coach or anything its more that he has alot of baggage in Jonesboro. I've heard multiple times that he has said the worst part of his job in Jonesboro was going home. I think fans recognize this. Also I watched the kansas state game. I'm really excited about what he will be able to do here. One of our biggest weaknesses is WR and I think his biggest recruiting strength is WR. He has some amazing wide receiver talent. They guy who recruited those players is coming here. It seems like Arkansas is alot harder to recruit to but he got some great talent there. I see a great future with BA. I guess it remains to be seen. Also I know there are concerns that he has lost the passion to coach since his struggles. I watched the bowl game from last year against FIU and that could not be further from the truth. Man he is passionate. There was a bad call and he was so animated about it. And when they won he looked like he was gonna cry. I think he knows how to fight through adversity and he loves to coach. He just needed to get out of Jonesboro, with all the memories and build something somewhere new. Plus a raise wouldn't be too bad too haha. Although he has said that this move was not for career reasons which is also great because if he is great I don't think he is going to leave us any time soon either. At arkansas he interviewed at baylor and one other school and he decided they weren't good fits. If it wasn't for his wife passing I don't see him leaving arkansas.
These users thanked the author AggieFanNate for the post (total 3):
flying_scotsman2.0JSHarveyvegasaggie

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » December 15th, 2020, 6:28 am

Plus before covid hit him that team really wasn't bad. I think they got the covid set of cards.

Has thanked: 0

Post by ... » December 15th, 2020, 6:46 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 10:58 pm
One thing concerning is that Arkansas State fans are happy about him being gone, which contrasts too much to South Dakota fans being sad about Craig Smith leaving as well as Utah fans being sad about Gary leaving for his first stint. And too similar to how Arizona State fans were happy about Brent Guy leaving.

BUT, One thing to give us some hope, which we hope this instead turns out to be similar to, is the fact that Colorado State fans didn't like Stew and were happy about him leaving.
He’s getting the Matt Wells and Bronco Mendenhal treatment in Jonesboro. After 7 years, as a fan, you have heard the fast fun physical speech so many times it’s a bit stale. I remember watching Matt’s TT press conference and giggling to myself thinking, yep... that’s Matt. BYU fans were all excited after Bronco left for many of the same reasons. BSU fans are doing the same thing to Harsin, saying he’s regressed and they need new blood after any loss. People in general like the new shiny object, it’s sad bit true.
These users thanked the author ... for the post (total 2):
aggies22JSHarvey

deltaaggie

Post by deltaaggie » December 15th, 2020, 7:53 am

Can anyone share the link to watch the A-state vs Kstate link or their bowl win. I'd like to watch them as well. Much appreciated :utah: :state:

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 15th, 2020, 8:03 am

The grass is always greener...

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » December 15th, 2020, 8:04 am

kansas state game

bowl game vs fiu

One of the reasons why I think it'll be easier to recruit here is because we get alot more tv time. Arkansas hardly was on TV from what I saw.

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » December 15th, 2020, 8:06 am

Anderson is a offensive type guy that makes huge plays. A very fast scoring team. Think 2018 aggies. This can be good if we get a good DC which I hear we are getting. He hasn't had the the quarterback talent that we have but he has had the WR talent that can catch almost anything. Last year he had one of the best WRs in the country. 2nd in the nation I believe. And he had like 3 others around him almost as good.
These users thanked the author AggieFanNate for the post:
thegreendalegelf

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » December 15th, 2020, 8:09 am

This is a bowl game from.when we beat them in 2016. They ended up having a good year and shared the conference title.

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » December 15th, 2020, 8:45 am

ViAggie wrote:The grass is always greener...
... But the dog still sh!ts on the lawn

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic