Some current staff staying?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aglicious
Site Admin

Some current staff staying?

Post by Aglicious » December 13th, 2020, 1:43 am

I am all about the clean sweep when it comes to the situation we just experienced. This article is the first I have read that mentions the names of a few coaches that are reportedly staying.

It mentions Collins, Bojay, and get this.....

Maile to receive a pay raise to stay on as an assistant! :shock:

Of course I take all of these "reports" with a grain of salt but it would be odd, to put it lightly, if Maile stays.

Intermeddler

Re: Some current staff staying?

Post by Intermeddler » December 13th, 2020, 1:45 am

I’ve heard the same. Collins and Bojay may get chances to stay. I doubt Frank sticks around now but it was an option at one point.

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » December 13th, 2020, 5:16 am

I have no information and very well could be wrong. But for optics and Franks career, sticking around for one year might be the best thing for him. That way he can leave on a good not. Especially if he really wants to be the head coach here in the future. If he leaves now I have a really hard time seeing him get a shot in the future here, and potentially other places, because his time here will be defined by this last week. If he stays for one more year, this past week will not matter as much.
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post:
Aggs&Jazz12

Brushowl

Post by Brushowl » December 13th, 2020, 7:44 am

No way. We don't need the Anderson camp vs. the Maile camp.
These users thanked the author Brushowl for the post:
AggieArmy

I support our troops, especially the snipers.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 13th, 2020, 7:48 am

Danke nein.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » December 13th, 2020, 7:53 am

Brushowl wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 7:44 am
You are probably right. I am just saying for frank it might be smart to stay if it is offered. I also assume most of the problem players are transferring...
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post:
Brushowl

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » December 13th, 2020, 8:19 am

I may be in the minority, but, I’m not so sure Frank did anything wrong? I think we’ve made him out to be some sinister, vindictive coach when I don’t. Relieve he is.
These users thanked the author BLUERUFiO for the post (total 3):
MaverickAggieflying_scotsman2.0bluegrouse

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 13th, 2020, 8:20 am

I've heard two different versions. Version one, Frank, Stacy, Bojay and Zach Nyborg stay. Version two, everybody but Zach is gone.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
flying_scotsman2.0Intermeddler

gomretat

Post by gomretat » December 13th, 2020, 8:23 am

I am sure I am in the great minority but I think a one or two folks staying really helps IF they can get on board. And there are plenty of assistants who can change loyalty's very quickly. I still wish we would have kept one assistant (or one local guy) in basketball but I got flamed for saying that at the time. I still believe it.
These users thanked the author gomretat for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 13th, 2020, 8:25 am

The way our linebackers have been playing, we need to have Bojay coach something other than linebackers. Maybe running backs or tight ends.

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » December 13th, 2020, 8:25 am

BLUERUFiO wrote:I may be in the minority, but, I’m not so sure Frank did anything wrong? I think we’ve made him out to be some sinister, vindictive coach when I don’t. Relieve he is.
I don’t think it’s so much as what he has done as opposed to what he hasn’t done. Remaining completely silent through it all has not helped. It’s possible the university told him to do this though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » December 13th, 2020, 8:26 am

I like the part about a SEC strength coach
These users thanked the author GordoAggie for the post (total 4):
BLUERUFiOaggies22BustaMcNuttUSU78

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 13th, 2020, 8:27 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 8:25 am
The way our linebackers have been playing, we need to have Bojay coach something other than linebackers. Maybe running backs or tight ends.
I believe Chuckie is the TE's coach.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
USU78

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 13th, 2020, 8:32 am

So we’ve heard there were two camps in the locker room tearing this team apart. Not knowing where these assistants lined up in these “camps” we just need a fresh start.
FM feels aggrieved and any leader would understand that keeping him around when he wanted/wants the HC job will result in divided locker room 2.0.
The rest? I don’t know.

MaverickAggie

Post by MaverickAggie » December 13th, 2020, 8:53 am

I think Frank has garnered a bad rap through this mess but its unwarranted. He inherited a dumpster fire mid-season. He is a solid leader, great coach and can recruit well. I admire his Aggie loyalty and the players do too. I actually think it will help retain players and get them to buy in with him staying.

That said, I think he leaves if given an offer to do so.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » December 13th, 2020, 9:10 am

Great coach? Based on what?. The d is not good, they consistently tackle poorly and are out of position and you don’t just punt away when your team is whooped and really need to rally with trying a may. Give some effort and lead with a fired up fight to make a few yards. We were losing anyway.

These users thanked the author WAAggie for the post:
Sl7vk

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » December 13th, 2020, 9:30 am

WAAggie wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 9:10 am
Great coach? Based on what?. The d is not good, they consistently tackle poorly and are out of position and you don’t just punt away when your team is whooped and really need to rally with trying a may. Give some effort and lead with a fired up fight to make a few yards. We were losing anyway.

We already have a DC. Maybe Frank will be a high paid position coach and recruiting coordinator

inconspicuous

Post by inconspicuous » December 13th, 2020, 9:36 am

Brushowl wrote:
this tells me you actually know nothing about Frank Maile as a person. There would be nothing of this sort. There would be one team only and that's it. It is not Franks fault that this season turned out the way it did and that the players wanted him to be the HC.
It does show he has the respect of the team and I am confident they would respect his decision.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 13th, 2020, 9:40 am

It just doesn’t seem smart keep Frank around. Fine with keeping operations guys like Nyborg around. I could be convinced on Collins because of his recruiting if he didn’t have a hand in locker room divisions this year.

Of course, if keeping Maile on staff until the statute of limitations runs is what we have to do to avoid a lawsuit, then maybe I could be persuaded to keep Maile as a position coach.

coolag

Post by coolag » December 13th, 2020, 9:59 am

Clean slate.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post:
BLUERUFiO

Regulator of Class

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 13th, 2020, 10:04 am

inconspicuous wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 9:36 am
Brushowl wrote:
this tells me you actually know nothing about Frank Maile as a person. There would be nothing of this sort. There would be one team only and that's it. It is not Franks fault that this season turned out the way it did and that the players wanted him to be the HC.
It does show he has the respect of the team and I am confident they would respect his decision.
And if he had that kind of respect he should have used it to get the team to play and put out fires- OR if it is true what Cockett said made an actual allegation- as opposed to keeping some vague allegation out designed to make people assume the worst.

And that is exactly why I think he should be gone. I would have been cool with him staying on staff- up until Friday's announcement. But all he did is prove Cockett/Hartwell right in not hiring him. He made it about HIMSELF to the point that the team didn't play a game. If it were about the team, we would have played that game yesterday
Last edited by Imakeitrain on December 13th, 2020, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 2):
BrushowlSl7vk

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » December 13th, 2020, 10:21 am

I’m not so sure?

We’re all in a tough spot, including Frank. What if she did say racist things? She should be fired and players shouldn’t be ignored or silenced.

I think he’s caught in the same unknown as all of us. What’s he supposed to do? Make a hasty choice without all of the facts? I know the board likes to do that, but, is it wise for him to do that?

How’s he supposed to stop a players only meeting he didn’t know about?

Now, if she didn’t say those things than shame on the players x100. But, I think he just doesn’t know?
These users thanked the author BLUERUFiO for the post:
3rdGenAggie

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 13th, 2020, 10:32 am

BLUERUFiO wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 10:21 am
I’m not so sure?

We’re all in a tough spot, including Frank. What if she did say racist things? She should be fired and players shouldn’t be ignored or silenced.

I think he’s caught in the same unknown as all of us. What’s he supposed to do? Make a hasty choice without all of the facts? I know the board likes to do that, but, is it wise for him to do that?

Now, if she didn’t say those things than shame on the players x100. But, I think he just doesn’t know?
They're not being ignored or silenced. The opposite. Everyone wants to hear from them. They aren't stating what specifically was said. So people are going with the information they have.

In this case the lack of information is designed specifically to keep it as vague as possible to let imaginations take over. I can only imagine how honest and open the polling numbers that Xi Jinping would be jealous of was.

Information is being specifically withheld and then being used as a club to silence those who are skeptical of the players claim as ignorant.

Sometimes silence is used to protect someone, but in this case it's being used to harm someone.

You cant defend yourself against vague accusations.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 13th, 2020, 10:32 am

WAAggie wrote:

Yeah he isn't a great coach.

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » December 13th, 2020, 10:33 am

Regardless of anything else, I don’t see what Maile has to gain from staying. He won’t be getting any new experience here to help his resume since we already seem to have a different DC and OC coming in. So it doesn’t really advance his career. If he wants to be a head coach at some point wouldn’t he be better off going somewhere else as a coordinator even if it’s an FCS school?

These are legitimate questions, I’m not terribly knowledgeable about these things.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 13th, 2020, 10:37 am

I think Wells was incredibly smart not letting Gary on his staff even when Gary offered to work for free.
I think Gary was incredibly dumb allowing Frank to stay after Frank didn’t get the job that he wanted.
Blake strikes me as smart when it comes to these things.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » December 13th, 2020, 10:40 am

Sl7vk wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 10:37 am
I think Wells was incredibly smart not letting Gary on his staff even when Gary offered to work for free.
I think Gary was incredibly dumb allowing Frank to stay after Frank didn’t get the job that he wanted.
Blake strikes me as smart when it comes to these things.
Or at least BA is unbiased.

MaverickAggie

Post by MaverickAggie » December 13th, 2020, 10:42 am

WAAggie wrote:

Great coach may be overstated but he is 2-2 as a head coach with both situations being less than ideal. I think he handled the situation fairly well. Made the tough calls. I agree the Air force decision wasn't what I hoped but I'm not judging him on one conservative in game decision.

I think his care factor is huge based on players response to him. The new Mexico win was actually pretty convincing considering they have won twice since that game. I do wish we would have had the chance to play Colorado St.

I don't think being a good coordinator automatically translates to being a good head coach. Honestly that's why I like the BA hire so much is because he proved himself as a good head coach at the FBS level.
These users thanked the author MaverickAggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 13th, 2020, 11:08 am

BLUERUFiO wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 8:19 am
I may be in the minority, but, I’m not so sure Frank did anything wrong? I think we’ve made him out to be some sinister, vindictive coach when I don’t. Relieve he is.
I agree. Unless it comes to light that he instigated, encouraged or was somehow involved in the team’s decision to boycott the game, I don’t think this week was Frank’s fault at all. As for being silent, what do people want him to say? “My kids are liars”?; “My President is a bigot”?. He wasn’t on the call so he has no first-hand knowledge of what was said. Therefore he’s in a no-win situation and it’s best for him to stay out of it. If he had been on the call, it would be different and he could give his opinion or version of what was said. But he wasn’t.

Having said all of that, I think it’s in Frank’s best interest that he go get experience elsewhere and it’s in the team’s best interest that he is not on Anderson’s staff.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
BLUERUFiO

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » December 13th, 2020, 11:36 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 10:32 am
BLUERUFiO wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 10:21 am
I’m not so sure?

They're not being ignored or silenced. The opposite. Everyone wants to hear from them. They aren't stating what specifically was said. So people are going with the information they have.

In this case the lack of information is designed specifically to keep it as vague as possible to let imaginations take over. I can only imagine how honest and open the polling numbers that Xi Jinping would be jealous of was.

Information is being specifically withheld and then being used as a club to silence those who are skeptical of the players claim as ignorant.

Sometimes silence is used to protect someone, but in this case it's being used to harm someone.

You cant defend yourself against vague accusations.
Yup, sums up my views quite well re: Frank.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 13th, 2020, 1:46 pm

GordoAggie wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 8:26 am
I like the part about a SEC strength coach
Where did you hear this? This is one of our key things that has been lacking the last few years. It is clear we need to do better in the strength area.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 13th, 2020, 1:56 pm

aggies22 wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 8:20 am
I've heard two different versions. Version one, Frank, Stacy, Bojay and Zach Nyborg stay. Version two, everybody but Zach is gone.
Is it possible for Frank to stay with all that has gone on? We would want unity within the team, it just seems that would be tough with Frank being on the staff they way things have went down the last few days.

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » December 13th, 2020, 2:00 pm

Frank will be a DC at East High the way he is playing this.

Donman

Post by Donman » December 13th, 2020, 2:05 pm

That may be to high

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 13th, 2020, 2:27 pm

MaverickAggie wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 10:42 am
WAAggie wrote:

Great coach may be overstated but he is 2-2 as a head coach with both situations being less than ideal. I think he handled the situation fairly well. Made the tough calls. I agree the Air force decision wasn't what I hoped but I'm not judging him on one conservative in game decision.

I think his care factor is huge based on players response to him. The new Mexico win was actually pretty convincing considering they have won twice since that game. I do wish we would have had the chance to play Colorado St.

I don't think being a good coordinator automatically translates to being a good head coach. Honestly that's why I like the BA hire so much is because he proved himself as a good head coach at the FBS level.
He coached one of the most talented teams in USU history two years ago for one game. He did not do that good of a job this year. Are we really saying that New Mexico game means that much? C'mon. He has been a below average coordinator for years.

Locked Previous topicNext topic