Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ineptimusprime

Re: Today, I'm Ashamed to Be an Aggie

Post by ineptimusprime » December 12th, 2020, 12:31 pm

taniataylor wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:43 am
Dont be ashamed. Look forward to good things ahead. A new year, a new coach, new players & a new beginning.
It’s like a snake shedding it’s skin to grow
It's sappy and smarmy, but thanks for being a wonderful mom and wonderful Aggie. That's all.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 12th, 2020, 12:32 pm

AgMac wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 12:29 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 11:51 am
AgMac wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 11:03 am
Everybody just settle down! Hipster is about to tell us what Cockett said. Go ahead, hipster...
She said, "Go Eggies"
I suspect this is genuinely the extent of your knowledge of what was actually said.
Wait, did something else happen?
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
ToedrAg

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » December 12th, 2020, 12:32 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 12:31 pm
taniataylor wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:43 am
Dont be ashamed. Look forward to good things ahead. A new year, a new coach, new players & a new beginning.
It’s like a snake shedding it’s skin to grow
It's sappy and smarmy, but thanks for being a wonderful mom and wonderful Aggie. That's all.
:shock: :joking:

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » December 12th, 2020, 1:34 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:I'm only ashamed of Noelle Cockett today.
I'm ashamed people are willing to assume the worst without any facts or evidence.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author usufan1 for the post:
ShowMeAggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 12th, 2020, 1:43 pm

AgMac wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:54 am
Is there room on Anderson's staff for Tania? Also, I'm not joking.
RIGHT?

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

rAggie

Post by rAggie » December 12th, 2020, 1:51 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 10:00 am
The more info we get and the more silence from Frank the worse this is looking for him.
I suspect he's remaining silent at the advise of counsel, right now.

Showing my True Colors since 2022

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » December 12th, 2020, 9:33 pm

918AGG wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 9:38 am
I was raised to be an Aggie. I'll always be an Aggie. I'm not going anywhere, but today, I'm ashamed to be an Aggie.

This year, I was somehow excited to watch a 1-5 football team get blown out on the road. This is a new low, and an incredibly unpalatable dog turd from a team of totally inept, talentless, heads-up-their-a**es, uninspired players and coaches. And to think: I actually wanted to support them!

I don't understand Frank Maile's silence right now. If I was Frank, I'd be absolutely embarrassed. He was either severely discriminated against (as apparently only evidenced by an unrecorded Zoom meeting held by a small group of 20-somethings) or he's an absolute snake oil salesman.

I call bulls*** on his whole "leader" charade. At this point, I'm entitled to believe that he's an absolute fraud and a selfish, silent enabler. Frank's role as the interim coach is to get the guys ready for war on the football field. He has failed on multiple occasions, and he failed today. With one phone call, one text, one meeting - he could (allegedly) have this team representing USU (poorly... so maybe we actually owe him something here...).

We've learned from history that effective protests are made when players actually show up, ball out, and use that spotlight to shine a light on discrimination. Jackie Robinson, Tommie Smith, John Carlos and Colin Kapernick all come to mind immediately. Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe a part of being effective is actually showing up.

It's 21 degrees and snowy in Fort Collins, CO right now. We were heavy dogs before the game. We're down scads of players and coaches. We have nothing (other than "warm fuzzies") to gain from getting a win today.

Not Objectively Known: What was actually said to bring this on. You'd think that something that was actually horribly, disgustingly offensive would be very easily tweet-able, meme-able, reddit-able, e-mail-able, text-able, etc. We haven't seen anything like that yet - only super well-scripted statements from a snake oil salesman (Frank, is that you?).

Most likely: We are a talentless, heartless, valueless, easily offended, dumb lot who would rather play Cyberpunk 2077 and eat Nacho Cheese Doritos than fight on the football field for our Alma Mater.

I'm ashamed to be an Aggie today. Good riddance, Frank.
You are in the minority.

Locked Previous topicNext topic