News conference ?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
oleblu111
RIP

News conference ?

Post by oleblu111 » November 9th, 2020, 11:41 am

I thought that there was going to be a news conference today with the A.D. If there is does anyone have a link ?

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: News conference ?

Post by aggies22 » November 9th, 2020, 11:47 am

I think it's at noon.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » November 9th, 2020, 11:53 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 11:47 am
I think it's at noon.
What platform is it on ?

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 9th, 2020, 11:59 am

oleblu111 wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 11:53 am
aggies22 wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 11:47 am
I think it's at noon.
What platform is it on ?
Check the official website for a link.

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » November 9th, 2020, 12:03 pm

This article mentions the will be a press conference at noon today via Zoom for the media.

https://www.cachevalleydaily.com/news/a ... 6mSTWllDqs

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » November 9th, 2020, 12:54 pm

Any way to watch a replay?

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » November 9th, 2020, 1:27 pm

Anyone hear Hartwell’s press conference and subsequent follow up with Scottie? In a tweet, Scottie said Hartwell said it was a mutual decision. I would like to hear what else was said.

TrueBlueAggie123

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » November 9th, 2020, 1:50 pm

bluegrouse wrote:Anyone hear Hartwell’s press conference and subsequent follow up with Scottie? In a tweet, Scottie said Hartwell said it was a mutual decision. I would like to hear what else was said.
On 1280, Hartwell said they had been having a discussion over the last few weeks and after this past game they came to the conclusion that it would be better to move on. He did say they talked about waiting till the end of the season, but GA thought now would be best. He also said that the buyout worked out in a way that was best for GA, and also good for the University.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » November 9th, 2020, 1:56 pm

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 1:50 pm
bluegrouse wrote:Anyone hear Hartwell’s press conference and subsequent follow up with Scottie? In a tweet, Scottie said Hartwell said it was a mutual decision. I would like to hear what else was said.
On 1280, Hartwell said they had been having a discussion over the last few weeks and after this past game they came to the conclusion that it would be better to move on. He did say they talked about waiting till the end of the season, but GA thought now would be best. He also said that the buyout worked out in a way that was best for GA, and also good for the University.
Best for GA? That would be the entire buyout, I should think. Good for the University? Must have not paid much for the buyout. I must be missing something here.

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » November 9th, 2020, 2:01 pm

Maybe the donor did pay the buy out, either a GA reduced amount or the full amount? That’d be good for the university and for GA.
These users thanked the author BLUERUFiO for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 9th, 2020, 2:07 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 1:56 pm
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
Best for GA? That would be the entire buyout, I should think. Good for the University? Must have not paid much for the buyout. I must be missing something here.
Full buyout paid over 10 years ?

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » November 9th, 2020, 2:10 pm

Split the difference?

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » November 9th, 2020, 2:12 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
Perhaps the best for GA was to take what he could get given the circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post (total 3):
BLUERUFiObluegrouseaggies22

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » November 9th, 2020, 2:58 pm

From the rumors floating around here, that's a good point. Maybe all GA got was a release of liability signed by the University?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 9th, 2020, 3:39 pm

Floppy Hat
Pick'em Champ - '15,'19 FB Predict the Score; '17 Kickoff; '18 Weekly; '19 Bowl
Has thanked: 0

Post by Floppy Hat » November 9th, 2020, 3:41 pm

Here is the press conference on YouTube:

These users thanked the author Floppy Hat for the post (total 3):
USU78AggieArmyGrandPoubah

coolag

Post by coolag » November 9th, 2020, 5:04 pm

I have to admit it drives me crazy when coaches refer to these college athletes as kids. I understand why they say it but young men or men sounds better to me. Ok proceed.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post:
Jjoey52

Regulator of Class

Aggiefever

Post by Aggiefever » November 9th, 2020, 5:34 pm

I know that most of the answers are just coach talk, but I am concerned that Coach Frank said that he plans to just continue doing what Coach A was doing. It wasn't working so why are you going to stick to it. He also said that sometimes you have to simplify things for the players, but how much simpler can it get. I see the players making mistakes with basic fundamental things.

seabass

Post by seabass » November 9th, 2020, 5:45 pm

coolag wrote:I have to admit it drives me crazy when coaches refer to these college athletes as kids. I understand why they say it but young men or men sounds better to me. Ok proceed.
Agreed

These users thanked the author seabass for the post:
Jjoey52

ususports

Post by ususports » November 9th, 2020, 6:21 pm

The other good news is that we are going to improve our defense by being a “4th quarter” defense. Apparently, to my surprise, we have been playing good defense for the first 3 quarters of each game, and it is just the 4th quarter where we have not been meeting expectations. I am happy that it is such a simple fix.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » November 9th, 2020, 6:23 pm

Aggiefever wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 5:34 pm
I know that most of the answers are just coach talk, but I am concerned that Coach Frank said that he plans to just continue doing what Coach A was doing. It wasn't working so why are you going to stick to it. He also said that sometimes you have to simplify things for the players, but how much simpler can it get. I see the players making mistakes with basic fundamental things.
I think he’s protecting Gary here. Like he said GA gave him his first job and Frank isn’t going to say anything or imply anything negative towards him for that reason. I do believe you will some Frank put his own spin on things.. This is obviously just my opinion.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » November 9th, 2020, 6:39 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 6:23 pm
Aggiefever wrote:
I think he’s protecting Gary here. Like he said GA gave him his first job and Frank isn’t going to say anything or imply anything negative towards him for that reason. I do believe you will some Frank put his own spin on things.. This is obviously just my opinion.

This is Maile’s one shot to prove he is a potential HC. If he blows it by not trying to fix things and keep the status quo, he will be a lifetime assistant at the college level.

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » November 9th, 2020, 6:44 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 6:39 pm
Elkaggie wrote:
November 9th, 2020, 6:23 pm
Aggiefever wrote:

This is Maile’s one shot to prove he is a potential HC. If he blows it by not trying to fix things and keep the status quo, he will be a lifetime assistant at the college level.
Given are play so far, and the QB options (or lack thereof) anything bordering on competency going forward would be a big win for Frank (not to mention USU).

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 9th, 2020, 7:18 pm

I think waiting until mid December is a horrible idea. It really shouldn’t take that long. This recruiting class is gonna be sh*t if he takes that long.

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » November 10th, 2020, 10:35 am

I'd rather have short term pain to get the right coach in here. We're already going to suck for awhile, even if we hire a coach right now.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » November 10th, 2020, 10:38 am

BLUERUFiO wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 10:35 am
I'd rather have short term pain to get the right coach in here. We're already going to suck for awhile, even if we hire a coach right now.
We can hope. Look how fast Fresno State turned it around.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 10th, 2020, 10:43 am

BLUERUFiO wrote:I'd rather have short term pain to get the right coach in here. We're already going to suck for awhile, even if we hire a coach right now.
Those two things aren’t mutually exclusive.

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » November 10th, 2020, 11:20 am

True and you're right. It would be best to get our guy in here now. But if we have to wait for our guy, so be it.

ootek

Post by ootek » November 10th, 2020, 12:03 pm

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
“having a discussion over the past few weeks” is interesting, considering we’ve only played three games. Seems to give credence to those saying that there were concerns or problems other than (and prior to) losing games

ootek

Post by ootek » November 10th, 2020, 12:06 pm

ootek wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
“having a discussion over the past few weeks” is interesting, considering we’ve only played three games. Seems to give credence to those saying that there were concerns or problems other than (and prior to) losing games
Even more: mcaggie1’s post in another thread saying that his neighbor’s son was contacted 3.5 weeks ago

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » November 10th, 2020, 12:11 pm

ootek wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 12:03 pm
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
There was a lot more going on before the current streak just on the field. When you look at the dismal performances vs. AF and the Zoobs, going from the best TO defense in the country to whatever that was last year, and then the mishandling of the QB position. I don't know what was going on with Gary's management but it wasn't looking good long before this year.

I have no idea about off the field stuff and haven't heard a credible word from anyone on here that anything was wrong. But the decision making with scheme and personell and thebeatdown by the Zoobs in particular had a lot to do with it prior to this season. Hartwell specifically mentioned the Zoobs in his press conference referencing the fact that we dominated them in 2018. Given that he wasn't Hartwell's choice to begin with I think the only thing preventing Hartwell from pulling the trigger last year was the impossibility of firing a coach with a winning season.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » November 10th, 2020, 1:08 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 10:35 am
Screw that, I want to win now!! Get the right guy in there and let's go. It's not like the NBA where there's some incentive to tank.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 10th, 2020, 1:28 pm

Even if it means a bad recruiting year...
Getting the right coach > getting a coach quickly.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
BLUERUFiO

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 10th, 2020, 2:16 pm

brownjeans wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 1:28 pm
Some of that is alleviated as well since eligibility is not lost.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 10th, 2020, 2:46 pm

brownjeans wrote:
November 10th, 2020, 1:28 pm
Repeating this over and over again doesn't make the two mutually exclusive. How about we hire the right coach and do in relatively quickly??

Locked Previous topicNext topic