Got to be honest

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ViAggie

Got to be honest

Post by ViAggie » November 6th, 2020, 8:48 am

Yesterday was the first time in 15 years that I didn’t even bother to watch or listen to a game. I plum forgot about it. My bad. I guess I didn’t even care. That’s sad 😞 also, looks like I didn’t miss much. :noidea:
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: Got to be honest

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 6th, 2020, 9:05 am

It was fun for about 10 minutes.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
3rdGenAggiesstrasser

TrueAggieman

Post by TrueAggieman » November 6th, 2020, 9:06 am

Same here. I NEVER miss games... This team doesn't show much care or passion in the way they play, which makes it very hard for me to care. At least out of all years to lose all our games, this is a good one.

Utah State Hey Aggies all the way! Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey! Hey! Hey!

HomeTown

Post by HomeTown » November 6th, 2020, 9:59 am

I think interest in sports has gone down for a lot of people in 2020. I know it sure has for me. I didn't even know who was playing in the NBA finals until the 2nd game. This team sure hasn't helped my excitement either. It feels weird and its a little sad to say, but I'm pretty sure I won't be going to the game next week and I don't even have any conflict. I just don't care to try and go.
These users thanked the author HomeTown for the post:
sstrasser

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » November 6th, 2020, 10:08 am

HomeTown wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 9:59 am
I think interest in sports has gone down for a lot of people in 2020. I know it sure has for me. I didn't even know who was playing in the NBA finals until the 2nd game. This team sure hasn't helped my excitement either. It feels weird and its a little sad to say, but I'm pretty sure I won't be going to the game next week and I don't even have any conflict. I just don't care to try and go.
Been a season ticket holder for nearly thirty years and can count on one hand the number of home games I’ve missed and they were always related to travel for work. I haven’t purchased tix for next week yet. Not sure I will. No schedule conflicts. And I can’t find anyone who wants to go with me.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » November 6th, 2020, 10:28 am

bluegrouse wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 10:08 am
HomeTown wrote:
Been a season ticket holder for nearly thirty years and can count on one hand the number of home games I’ve missed and they were always related to travel for work. I haven’t purchased tix for next week yet. Not sure I will. No schedule conflicts. And I can’t find anyone who wants to go with me.
I doubt that we'll sell out our covid limited seating. Nobody wants to watch this.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » November 6th, 2020, 10:32 am

I am as apathetic to sports in general as I have ever been. I think 2020 and all of the cancellations has made me realize that it just isn't as important as I once thought, and I have been just fine without it. I have filled my time with other things. I have watched parts of all 3 games, but I certainly didn't go out of my way to do so, where I definitely would have in the past. I didn't watch the 2nd half last night at all, even though I was home and didn't have anything else going on.

I don't plan to attend any games in person this year. I just don't care enough to go watch bad football, I guess. It is sad.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » November 6th, 2020, 10:38 am

bluegrouse wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 10:08 am
HomeTown wrote:
I actually bought season tix this year and am considering not using the rest for home games. Not worth the drive to watch the abomination.

stang

Post by stang » November 6th, 2020, 11:06 am

This is the most embarrassing Aggie team of my lifetime. Yes, I know there were a lot of very rough years, I haven't forgotten. I felt like in a way though, when Brent Guy was losing, that he at least had some excuses (poor facilities, low budget, losing tradition, etc.) This team doesn't have those excuses. They actually have no excuses. Gary has failed this team, and this team has failed us.
These users thanked the author stang for the post:
vegasaggie

coolag

Post by coolag » November 6th, 2020, 12:27 pm

stang wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 11:06 am
This is the most embarrassing Aggie team of my lifetime. Yes, I know there were a lot of very rough years, I haven't forgotten. I felt like in a way though, when Brent Guy was losing, that he at least had some excuses (poor facilities, low budget, losing tradition, etc.) This team doesn't have those excuses. They actually have no excuses. Gary has failed this team, and this team has failed us.
Ding ding ding. As bad as Brent Guy was he was also in a no win situation with the poor support, poor facilities, and poor $. Gary has what he needs to be competitive and he's pissing it all away.

Regulator of Class

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 6th, 2020, 12:53 pm

coolag wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 12:27 pm
stang wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 11:06 am
Ding ding ding. As bad as Brent Guy was he was also in a no win situation with the poor support, poor facilities, and poor $. Gary has what he needs to be competitive and he's pissing it all away.
And Brent Guy didn't come into a good situation. He inherited a bad program that finished last place in the Sunbelt in 2004. Brent Guy wasn't a good coach, but as crazy as it is looking back, I do believe he left the program better than he found it.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 6th, 2020, 1:00 pm

As hard as it is to witness the state of the program right now this is not the time for alumni and fans to stop supporting the program. As frustrated as I am in the state of the program I will continue to support the program and buy tickets although be vocal in my disappointment in the direction. We just need to strap on the boots and continue on. With aggie athletics the lows are super low, but they make the high times even more enjoyable when you suffer through tough times.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
sstrasservegasaggie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 6th, 2020, 1:01 pm

I will say, feeling zero fan anxiety going into a game knowing the outcome is certain has....a strange appeal.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
ViAggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 6th, 2020, 1:16 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 1:01 pm
I will say, feeling zero fan anxiety going into a game knowing the outcome is certain has....a strange appeal.
It actually kind of does. I am still going to watch our games and have zero expectations. Last night by the second half I wasn't cheering for a victory, I was just hoping Shelley passed for over 100 yards. Unfortunately my very low bar for a moral victory wasn't met.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » November 6th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 1:16 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
It actually kind of does. I am still going to watch our games and have zero expectations. Last night by the second half I wasn't cheering for a victory, I was just hoping Shelley passed for over 100 yards. Unfortunately my very low bar for a moral victory wasn't met.
But he might have got there had Peasley not gotten his reps trying to bounce passes. And the Aggies got to 101 yards with his 5 yards so they got there as a team working together. I wasn't even aware Peasley had a completion. I think it was a swing route?

HomeTown

Post by HomeTown » November 6th, 2020, 2:05 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
I do remember going to the games in the 2000's and one thing that was nice was the ability to spread out and sit wherever you wanted. There were no people and no expectations. I remember a raining game where Hawaii came in and swept the floor with the Aggies. By the end there were maybe 100 people in the stands. The 2010's have ruined the no expectations part by creating expectations.

AZ4AggieNation

Post by AZ4AggieNation » November 6th, 2020, 2:31 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
Football has changed over the years and at all three levels; (HS, College, Pro)..but their are strong correlations between each level. Of course a stellar defense can make a difference but if the O goes 3 and out more than 80% of the time; it fatigues the D, they lose their mojo, and does create ill feelings over time for sure between both sides of the ball. It happens!

So, it all truly stems from the QB, the play calling and the amount of protection with the O-Line working in concert. It doesn't matter how great your RB's, WR's or TE's are or have potential to be if the QB can't make the reads/throws or read the D or at least go through his progressions on his drop-back...So-so skill players can be made awesome by a great QB and O-Line...and a team with some talented skill players can be brought to shambles when the BIG-3..(QB, plays, O-Line) is sub-par! When this happens; finger pointing begins and Karma is so lost as a unit....and I would assume coaching staff to some degree!

** My son owns his two missed catches in the SDSU game (ain't gonna lie; it hasn't happened much in his life but he felt like major (I can't express myself without swearing) but this is one of those get your (I can't express myself without swearing) right moments for sure in life) but he also moved really well for a TE in the seam and made two great catches from two poor throws after...Not an excuse that he's just turned 18 and now playing D1 ball...Unlike what I heard GA say; the don't believe the stage was too big for him...he is used to playing in front of 10-15k in HS...He just missed the balls and he needs to shake the nerves and go perform and he will....He also plays on almost every special teams set now, too....All this Covid season however is such an opportunity for his mojo going forward...He is gonna learn, grow and compete..and probably be an inch taller and 15 lbs bigger next year and be blessed to be a true freshman again with game-time experience...The kid had a lot of options out of HS; he believes in USU and getting this (I can't express myself without swearing) turned around...

He is positive and thinks the world/respects the senior players like Carson, Nathan, Mo and a few others I have heard him speak of...Bring on Fresno St. and hopefully some new schemes and plays!!!

But yes; an engine not an anchor at QB is paramount....it's all about homeostasis for a team to truly get those W's; consistently! Thanks all for listening!!!
These users thanked the author AZ4AggieNation for the post:
vegasaggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 6th, 2020, 2:35 pm

AZ4AggieNation wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 2:31 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
Football has changed over the years and at all three levels; (HS, College, Pro)..but their are strong correlations between each level. Of course a stellar defense can make a difference but if the O goes 3 and out more than 80% of the time; it fatigues the D, they lose their mojo, and does create ill feelings over time for sure between both sides of the ball. It happens!

So, it all truly stems from the QB, the play calling and the amount of protection with the O-Line working in concert. It doesn't matter how great your RB's, WR's or TE's are or have potential to be if the QB can't make the reads/throws or read the D or at least go through his progressions on his drop-back...So-so skill players can be made awesome by a great QB and O-Line...and a team with some talented skill players can be brought to shambles when the BIG-3..(QB, plays, O-Line) is sub-par! When this happens; finger pointing begins and Karma is so lost as a unit....and I would assume coaching staff to some degree!

** My son owns his two missed catches in the SDSU game (ain't gonna lie; it hasn't happened much in his life but he felt like major (I can't express myself without swearing) but this is one of those get your (I can't express myself without swearing) right moments for sure in life) but he also moved really well for a TE in the seam and made two great catches from two poor throws after...Not an excuse that he's just turned 18 and now playing D1 ball...Unlike what I heard GA say; the don't believe the stage was too big for him...he is used to playing in front of 10-15k in HS...He just missed the balls and he needs to shake the nerves and go perform and he will....He also plays on almost every special teams set now, too....All this Covid season however is such an opportunity for his mojo going forward...He is gonna learn, grow and compete..and probably be an inch taller and 15 lbs bigger next year and be blessed to be a true freshman again with game-time experience...The kid had a lot of options out of HS; he believes in USU and getting this (I can't express myself without swearing) turned around...

He is positive and thinks the world/respects the senior players like Carson, Nathan, Mo and a few others I have heard him speak of...Bring on Fresno St. and hopefully some new schemes and plays!!!

But yes; an engine not an anchor at QB is paramount....it's all about homeostasis for a team to truly get those W's; consistently! Thanks all for listening!!!
Thanks for your input it is really appreciated. I do believe your son is going to be really good as he continues to mature and progress and get more experience. Tell him to tell the team to keep fighting and playing hard, this season sure has not been what we have expected but hopefully they can get some things improved and win a game or two and gain some confidence for next year.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
AZ4AggieNation

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » November 6th, 2020, 2:49 pm

HomeTown wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 2:05 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
I do remember going to the games in the 2000's and one thing that was nice was the ability to spread out and sit wherever you wanted. There were no people and no expectations. I remember a raining game where Hawaii came in and swept the floor with the Aggies. By the end there were maybe 100 people in the stands. The 2010's have ruined the no expectations part by creating expectations.
As bad as it is right now, that Hawaii game was without question the lowest point for me in Aggie football. Bleakest of the bleak. Stayed to the bitter end. But I no longer have the stamina nor the desire to endure anything like that again.

Full

Post by Full » November 6th, 2020, 3:22 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 2:49 pm
HomeTown wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
As bad as it is right now, that Hawaii game was without question the lowest point for me in Aggie football. Bleakest of the bleak. Stayed to the bitter end. But I no longer have the stamina nor the desire to endure anything like that again.
I was thinking halftime of the 2011 Hawaii game (although that Hawaii game is still the latest home game I didn’t stay until the bitter end) was the point when we were just destined to suck. Auburn, the CSU muffed punch, Riley Nelson incredible comeback, 2-5 and working toward another losing season. Although this season doesn’t feel like we are close like 2011, I still have some hope there is improvement.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » November 6th, 2020, 5:01 pm

Walking my dogs in the pouring rain, in the dark foggy weather was a better option than watching the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Saw Peasley for a couple plays after I got back, not much change then Shelly.

Here the deal. We squandered the first opportunity after the awesome safety and again on the hands to the face. Had them backed up and they promptly, within about 5 plays went length of field for TD. That was it for my watch party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 6th, 2020, 5:10 pm

AZ4AggieNation wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 2:31 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:

Yes the QB is obviously important, but our team is so flawed I don't know if it really makes a big difference this year. Just my take though. Would love to be wrong.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 6th, 2020, 5:12 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 2:49 pm
HomeTown wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
I was at that Hawaii game and it was terrible to see the fans abandon the team like that. It was a 14-7 halftime game when it started raining and everyone left other than a few of us.

To be fair that was in 2010 and the next year we made a bowl and won at Hawaii(wish I lived there for that game, but didn't move there until several years later) and our program got turned around.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 6th, 2020, 5:14 pm

hickaggie wrote:
November 6th, 2020, 1:34 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
But he might have got there had Peasley not gotten his reps trying to bounce passes. And the Aggies got to 101 yards with his 5 yards so they got there as a team working together. I wasn't even aware Peasley had a completion. I think it was a swing route?
Yeah we got over 100 yards if you include Peasley's 5 yard pass. The OC clearly has little faith in Shelley throwing downfield right now.

Locked Previous topicNext topic