Is tonight the night?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
mcaggie1

Is tonight the night?

Post by mcaggie1 » November 5th, 2020, 1:54 pm

So far we are a very bad team. That perplexes me. We really do have better talent than that. So where are all of the poor blocks, dropped passes and missed tackles coming from? Why are we suffering from poor calls and lack of motivation from the coaching staff?
WE SHOULD BE BETTER THAN THAT!!!!

Nevada is a pretty good team offensively, but so so on defense. I think we can give them a good game, and put ourselves in a position to win. We may not win, but we will hold on to the ball better, Gentry is going to impress and our
OL and DL are going to compete. If we can move the ball the first two times we get the ball, and don’t let them run over us early, I think we have a chance.

Wow, that Aggie blue kool aid is refreshing....but I still think we will look much much better. Game time in the 60’s..... perfect!

Aggie84025

Re: Is tonight the night?

Post by Aggie84025 » November 5th, 2020, 2:06 pm

I am hoping so as well. I am hoping we are competitive. They do have a really good offense right now. I hope we can tackle and cover well. On offense I sure hope we see some good things. I still believe.

Full

Post by Full » November 5th, 2020, 2:53 pm

I think we will look better. San Diego State had a lot of returning talent on defense, and Boise is always good. I hope that takes a little pressure off the Defense. However, dropped passes and missed tackles are not something new. It’s a continuation from prior years.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » November 5th, 2020, 3:10 pm

I think we are in for another really long night.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 5th, 2020, 3:16 pm

utaggies wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 3:10 pm
I think we are in for another really long night.
You are literally correct. November 5th-6th is one of the longer nights of the year. Now obviously, it's no December 21st, but it's also a far cry from a June 22nd. I'd say overall I'd classify it as top third for longest nights of the year, give or take.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post (total 2):
Sl7vkBustaMcNutt

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » November 5th, 2020, 3:19 pm

I have a hard time thinking that tonight is going to be the night. Perhaps I am just having a hard time wiping away the memory of the countless plays we botched on both sides of the ball through the first two games. I'm hoping to see less difference in talent versus Nevada but I don't expect it. I really think our biggest issue right now is talent on this team, we just don't have the horses. We also aren't deep enough to be able to lose any starters (like we already have) or to hold as meaningful of practices as Gary would like with so few numbers.

We kept hearing about this deep RB room with two TE sets and ball control offense but all we have seen is more of the same 3 and out that we did last year...albeit at a slower pace than before. Our defense still spends far too much time on the field which isn't good for any defense but is particularly disastrous for ours which lacks depth and talent at the DL and LB spots. This is quite possibly the worst collection of LB's we have had since '04. And a lot of the players that seemed to disappear from the roster, many in the weeks just prior to the first game, have not been addressed or explained by the coaching staff.

I would personally like to see GA start planning for the future with this team but he has already admitted that he will not play youngsters just because they have more eligibility left or because this year is frozen for everyone. I'd also like us to switch up the OL and leave Edwards and Koch at the tackles and find another solution for LG....where the hell is Bloomfield? another player that just up and disappeared like a fart in the wind. Can we not slide Ali'ifua over from Center and insert Alo at C? or let Alo play LG? What about the much heralded Hunter Hill at LG? All I know is South gets abused at RT and Ali'ifua gets beat or confused at C far too much.

Hell, I'm ready to try Alo at DT....someone needs to plug up the middle..... although Meitzenheimer and Gilliam are so damn slow they won't be there to fill the hole anyway. I expect to see more of those two tubby guys trailing behind the play as usual.

Here's to hoping we see some improvement....somewhere. :cheers:

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » November 5th, 2020, 3:36 pm

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 5th, 2020, 3:44 pm

I think tonight is the night that our offense shows it has a pulse. We actually move the ball tonight. Do we win? It will be tough, but it will be good to at least see some ball movement and more points.

The last two weeks we had 203 yards and then 215 yards of total offense. I'll go out on a limb and say we beat that tonight.

coolag

Post by coolag » November 5th, 2020, 4:38 pm

Can't wait for the game before the game before the game before the game that we can finally compare ourselves to our peers. I mean the game tonight. Quite exciting.

Regulator of Class

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » November 5th, 2020, 6:25 pm

Nope. Not tonight

truzzy

Post by truzzy » November 5th, 2020, 6:35 pm

I’m done with Shelley. He’s bad... I want to see Peasley the entire 2nd half. There’s no way he can be worse.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » November 5th, 2020, 6:48 pm

truzzy wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 6:35 pm
I’m done with Shelley. He’s bad... I want to see Peasley the entire 2nd half. There’s no way he can be worse.
Play for the future. Only thing worth doing this year.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 5th, 2020, 7:55 pm

Tonight is most definitely NOT the night. Nor will any night this season or next.

truzzy

Post by truzzy » November 5th, 2020, 8:07 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 6:48 pm
truzzy wrote:
Turns out he is just as bad.
These users thanked the author truzzy for the post:
3rdGenAggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 5th, 2020, 8:11 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 3:44 pm
I think tonight is the night that our offense shows it has a pulse. We actually move the ball tonight. Do we win? It will be tough, but it will be good to at least see some ball movement and more points.

The last two weeks we had 203 yards and then 215 yards of total offense. I'll go out on a limb and say we beat that tonight.
Bad take by me. We are just straight up terrible offensively. 0-8 is possible. New Mexico might be our one shot for a win.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » November 5th, 2020, 8:13 pm

truzzy wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 8:07 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 6:48 pm
truzzy wrote:
Turns out he is just as bad.
Yes, but he's younger and probably has more room to improve. Might as well find out.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » November 6th, 2020, 12:29 am

Aglicious wrote:
November 5th, 2020, 3:19 pm
I have a hard time thinking that tonight is going to be the night. Perhaps I am just having a hard time wiping away the memory of the countless plays we botched on both sides of the ball through the first two games. I'm hoping to see less difference in talent versus Nevada but I don't expect it. I really think our biggest issue right now is talent on this team, we just don't have the horses. We also aren't deep enough to be able to lose any starters (like we already have) or to hold as meaningful of practices as Gary would like with so few numbers.

We kept hearing about this deep RB room with two TE sets and ball control offense but all we have seen is more of the same 3 and out that we did last year...albeit at a slower pace than before. Our defense still spends far too much time on the field which isn't good for any defense but is particularly disastrous for ours which lacks depth and talent at the DL and LB spots. This is quite possibly the worst collection of LB's we have had since '04. And a lot of the players that seemed to disappear from the roster, many in the weeks just prior to the first game, have not been addressed or explained by the coaching staff.

I would personally like to see GA start planning for the future with this team but he has already admitted that he will not play youngsters just because they have more eligibility left or because this year is frozen for everyone. I'd also like us to switch up the OL and leave Edwards and Koch at the tackles and find another solution for LG....where the hell is Bloomfield? another player that just up and disappeared like a fart in the wind. Can we not slide Ali'ifua over from Center and insert Alo at C? or let Alo play LG? What about the much heralded Hunter Hill at LG? All I know is South gets abused at RT and Ali'ifua gets beat or confused at C far too much.

Hell, I'm ready to try Alo at DT....someone needs to plug up the middle..... although Meitzenheimer and Gilliam are so damn slow they won't be there to fill the hole anyway. I expect to see more of those two tubby guys trailing behind the play as usual.

Here's to hoping we see some improvement....somewhere. :cheers:
Holy crap! They actually did exactly what i asked for. Someone's reading this board.... :cool2:
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
AZ4AggieNation

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » November 6th, 2020, 12:25 pm

No it was not the night.

Locked Previous topicNext topic