Dax Raymond update

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
mike1126

Dax Raymond update

Post by mike1126 » August 25th, 2020, 5:40 am

Dax Raymond was waived as injured by the team on Saturday (Steelers) — went unclaimed. Therefore, Raymond has reverted to the Steelers injured reserve players. He injured his ankle at practice last week.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: Dax Raymond update

Post by aggies22 » August 25th, 2020, 6:53 am

That sucks. He just can't seem to stay healthy.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » August 25th, 2020, 10:04 am

An injury to a scout team player is almost like a career death sentence. I wish him the best but he certainly has a daunting task to convince another team to take a chance on him.

Eutaw St. Aggie

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » August 27th, 2020, 7:08 am

Yossarian wrote:
August 25th, 2020, 10:04 am
An injury to a scout team player is almost like a career death sentence. I wish him the best but he certainly has a daunting task to convince another team to take a chance on him.
Sad news. Really wish he had been able to stay healthy.

While you aren't going to get rich, a guy can make a decent living for a few years as a scout/practice team player. A few years ago, when I was flying for a small regional airline, we had a layover in Buffalo. We got in the hotel van, and the driver said we had to wait for one more person, apparently a player for the Buffalo Bills. After he got in, we started chatting with him for a bit and it turns out this guy was basically a career scout team player. Supposedly he had a skill set that mirrored another player, so he got weekly/bi-weekly contracts to basically be that player for the scout team of the teams that were about to play that team. He said he would bounce around 10-12 different teams throughout the season, on $8,000 - $10,000 weekly contracts. Plus he would get some contracts for mini-camps, or fall camps. He said he was able to pull in between $150,000 to $200,000 per year as a guy who would never play a down in the NFL, and he hoped to be able to do that as long as he could. I asked him if that was better than playing in the CFL, and he said it depends. Some guys make more money as a starter in the CFL, and some guys can make more money bouncing around as an NFL scout team player. He also said a lot of guys can make some extra money as background players for movies and television shows. Anyway, as long as you are relatively healthy, you can make a decent living playing football even if you never play a down in the NFL or CFL. Not necessarily Dax Raymond related, but it was something I had never really though of before. I had basically thought that you were either in the NFL or CFL, or out of football.
These users thanked the author swordsman1989 for the post (total 6):
AGinNEIowaAggiePTJSHarveytipitupaggies22AZ4AggieNation

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » August 27th, 2020, 11:55 am

Its kind of like playing the side bet eed and black squares in routlette. You only make 3 to 1, but you can MAKE MONEY over time doing that. I've never left a roulette table empty handed because that practice. But its also been a while since I played, too, due to some . . er . . . commitments I have had. :)

AGGIEFIGHT
Has thanked: 0

Post by AGGIEFIGHT » August 31st, 2020, 10:13 am

I saw the steelers resigned him after he cleared waivers and then put him on injured reserve. He will receive a salary
and be eligible to play after 8 weeks. The steelers must see some potential in him to keep him on the squad.
These users thanked the author AGGIEFIGHT for the post (total 2):
slcaggaggies22

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » November 3rd, 2020, 2:47 pm

Just signed with Packers Practice squad! I wonder if Jlove put in a good word!
These users thanked the author AggiePT for the post:
taniataylor

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 3rd, 2020, 3:10 pm

AggiePT wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 2:47 pm
Just signed with Packers Practice squad! I wonder if Jlove put in a good word!
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
AggiePT

Aggie_CEE

Post by Aggie_CEE » November 3rd, 2020, 4:17 pm

Oh the good old days when we could make it to the endzone. Congrats to Dax! Hope he does well and can make his way onto the roster.
These users thanked the author Aggie_CEE for the post (total 2):
sstrasserAZ4AggieNation

Locked Previous topicNext topic