Fire Gary

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
MWCFAN12

Re: Fire Gary

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 1st, 2020, 12:15 am

ususports wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 11:54 pm
BigSkyAG wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 11:47 pm
I'm with you MWCFAN12
Gary disagrees with you both from the SL Trib:

“It was 100% pathetic and embarrassing for everybody in Aggie nation — all of us involved," Andersen said.
I said I was more embarrassed of the fans.. NOT that i wasnt embarrassed at all

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 1st, 2020, 12:30 am

When Gary finally started winning games here his last two seasons, go back and see how heavily he relied on JuCo talent to get there. Expect us to be MAJOR players in the grad transfer market after the season.

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » November 1st, 2020, 12:38 am

Every other team in the MW given our schedule would be 0-2. Probably with similar results. Thursday will be the true test.
These users thanked the author blueaggie for the post (total 3):
MWCFAN12Aggie formerly in HawaiiAggieArmy

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 1st, 2020, 12:42 am

blueaggie wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 12:38 am
Every other team in the MW given our schedule would be 0-2. Probably with similar results. Thursday will be the true test.
#Facts

Boise and SDSU are and were the clear favorites coming into this year. That is why the MW let the play byu. The MW want a NYU. There is a giant huge gap in talent between those 2 teams and every other team in the MW.

ususports

Post by ususports » November 1st, 2020, 12:45 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 12:42 am
Boise and SDSU are and were the clear favorites coming into this year. That is why the MW let the play byu.
Another fact, I am very happy we are not playing BYU this year.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 1st, 2020, 12:45 am

blueaggie wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 12:38 am
What I've been saying all week. Let's all wait until after the Nevada game before going to extremes.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 1st, 2020, 12:49 am

The fire Gary talk is premature. Sure the team does not look good, but we are not a program that can just buy coaches out and get a new coach every time their is adversity. SDSU and Boise are really good programs. SDSU has really good lines. It is frustrating as I want to badly have the teams they do, but they are just flat out better. I do expect more and especially to be competitive, but they deserve a lot of credit.

Nevada will be a very tough test as they are playing well. I sure hope the team reaches deep and we can be competitive. Both sides are awful right now. The defense has got to stop the run and tackle better. The offense has to take some shots down field. All of SDSU's defensive players played almost strictly man coverage and were within 5 yards of the LOS. You have to take some shots down field to attempt to open it up.

Chatman

Post by Chatman » November 1st, 2020, 1:00 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 12:49 am
The fire Gary talk is premature. Sure the team does not look good, but we are not a program that can just buy coaches out and get a new coach every time their is adversity. SDSU and Boise are really good programs. SDSU has really good lines. It is frustrating as I want to badly have the teams they do, but they are just flat out better. I do expect more and especially to be competitive, but they deserve a lot of credit.

Nevada will be a very tough test as they are playing well. I sure hope the team reaches deep and we can be competitive. Both sides are awful right now. The defense has got to stop the run and tackle better. The offense has to take some shots down field. All of SDSU's defensive players played almost strictly man coverage and were within 5 yards of the LOS. You have to take some shots down field to attempt to open it up.
I agree. Somewhere we missed on our recruiting. It is obvious we have far less talent than two years ago and probably the worst talent since 2009
These users thanked the author Chatman for the post:
AggieFBObsession

TrueBlueAggie123

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » November 1st, 2020, 1:11 am

blueaggie wrote:Every other team in the MW given our schedule would be 0-2. Probably with similar results. Thursday will be the true test.
It’s not just about losing to good teams. It’s that we showed 0 fight other then a couple drives in the second half against Boise. This team doesn’t look like they cared that they were getting boat raced. This team didn’t show any signs of improvement since last week and both sides of the ball look abysmal and show no promise of getting better.
These users thanked the author TrueBlueAggie123 for the post (total 2):
brownjeansvegasaggie

bull

Post by bull » November 1st, 2020, 2:54 am

This is frustrating, I am almost getting as disinterested in USU Football as Gary is. I take a bottle of muscle relaxers before each game and tell myself this is where we belong :sarcasm:
Oh by the way, was there seriously a poster on here saying she was embarrassed by the fans and then came back and said USU will never be top 25 year in and year out ... EVER....what kind of fan are you buddy??? I’m guessing that is your method of hedging your disappointment.
Anyway, it doesn’t matter if we beat Nevada or not, Gary is ruining the program. Hartwell needs to fix his mistake.

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg » November 1st, 2020, 4:54 am

bull wrote:This is frustrating, I am almost getting as disinterested in USU Football as Gary is. I take a bottle of muscle relaxers before each game and tell myself this is where we belong :sarcasm:
Oh by the way, was there seriously a poster on here saying she was embarrassed by the fans and then came back and said USU will never be top 25 year in and year out ... EVER....what kind of fan are you buddy??? I’m guessing that is your method of hedging your disappointment.
Anyway, it doesn’t matter if we beat Nevada or not, Gary is ruining the program. Hartwell needs to fix his mistake.
Hartwell was forced to hire Gary. This is not his mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Heisenberg for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » November 1st, 2020, 7:09 am

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 1:11 am
blueaggie wrote:Every other team in the MW given our schedule would be 0-2. Probably with similar results. Thursday will be the true test.
It’s not just about losing to good teams. It’s that we showed 0 fight other then a couple drives in the second half against Boise. This team doesn’t look like they cared that they were getting boat raced. This team didn’t show any signs of improvement since last week and both sides of the ball look abysmal and show no promise of getting better.
This! 3 first downs in the entire second Half and ZERO in the third quarter. Nobody expected us to win but I thought we would hang with them for 3 quarters or put up a little bit of a fight and do something to build off moving forward.
Last edited by Elkaggie on November 1st, 2020, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » November 1st, 2020, 7:43 am

New Mexico will be favored to beat us and I'm thinking that will be our only chance for a win. That says it all about Gary in year 2.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 1st, 2020, 7:46 am

Heisenberg wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 4:54 am
bull wrote:This is frustrating, I am almost getting as disinterested in USU Football as Gary is. I take a bottle of muscle relaxers before each game and tell myself this is where we belong :sarcasm:

It was pretty clear that Hartwell wanted to go another direction. You still have to give some gary some time to fix it but it is hard to have confidence that it will improve.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » November 1st, 2020, 7:53 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 7:46 am
Heisenberg wrote:

It was pretty clear that Hartwell wanted to go another direction. You still have to give some gary some time to fix it but it is hard to have confidence that it will improve.
Hard to fix things when you're creating more holes as a coach.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » November 1st, 2020, 7:57 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

What was there to fix? Matt Wells replaced a senior laden 10 win team with our highest rated recruiting class ever which Coach Collins and Coach Maile managed to keep committed once Matt and the boys left town.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
AggieFBObsession

coolag

Post by coolag » November 1st, 2020, 7:58 am

I have calmed down and slept on it and have come to realize that we still stink and Gary was a terrible hire.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Regulator of Class

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 1st, 2020, 7:59 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 7:53 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

I don't disagree but there is zero chance the plug would be pulled on Gary until at least 3 years. I want to hope it will get better, but it is not easy right now. I hope to see some improvement in the coning weeks.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » November 1st, 2020, 8:02 am

We are playing like a team that was planning on NOT playing the 2020 season.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 4):
AngusAgAggieFBObsessionAggiePTPIGSKINAGGIE

bull

Post by bull » November 1st, 2020, 8:09 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 8:02 am
Isn’t everyone in the MW in the same boat? Except AF. Serious question.
Last edited by bull on November 1st, 2020, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » November 1st, 2020, 8:10 am

aggies22 wrote:
Yep, great post. I think the coaches thought we we were taking the year off.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » November 1st, 2020, 8:14 am

bull wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 8:09 am
aggies22 wrote:
I think that some teams were preparing regardless of the uncertainty and others were not.

coolag

Post by coolag » November 1st, 2020, 8:19 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 8:14 am
bull wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 8:09 am
aggies22 wrote:
I think that some teams were preparing regardless of the uncertainty and others were not.
Meaning we weren't I take it? Good laws what a mistake it was to bring back Saint Gary. Away we go, literally.

Regulator of Class

bull

Post by bull » November 1st, 2020, 8:29 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Gentlemen I am very aware Hartwell would not have chosen Gary if left to his own thinking. However, the reason we pay him is to make the tough decisions (like saying no to your biggest donor.). The sad reality is he didn’t. In the end it was his call. A decision I’m sure he regrets, and might be the reason he still with us.
I for one would love for Hartwell to be the guy selecting our next football coach— So, yes I think Hartwell can fix his mistake.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » November 1st, 2020, 8:38 am

bull wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 8:29 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Gentlemen I am very aware Hartwell would not have chosen Gary if left to his own thinking. However, the reason we pay him is to make the tough decisions (like saying no to your biggest donor.). The sad reality is he didn’t. In the end it was his call. A decision I’m sure he regrets, and might be the reason he still with us.
I for one would love for Hartwell to be the guy selecting our next football coach— So, yes I think Hartwell can fix his mistake.
From my understanding, the bold is not exactly accurate.

coolag

Post by coolag » November 1st, 2020, 8:40 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Those are holes of opportunity. Be patient. Saint Gary inherited a program in the toilet coming off an 11-2 season and bowl win with a good recruiting class. I mean Nick Saban couldn't win with those negatives.
AggieFBObsession

Regulator of Class

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » November 1st, 2020, 10:23 am

coolag wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 8:40 am
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Those are holes of opportunity. Be patient. Saint Gary inherited a program in the toilet coming off an 11-2 season and bowl win with a good recruiting class. I mean Nick Saban couldn't win with those negatives.
Did anyone really think that Gary was going to turn over a new leaf by leaving Corvallis? I was one of Gary's biggest fans even after he left, but not when I saw how he destroyed our offense last year. It's hard to overlook the crap he pulled in Corvallis after that, especially knowing that he hasn't changed his ways in Logan.

Cheecho6

Post by Cheecho6 » November 1st, 2020, 10:24 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 11:45 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
October 31st, 2020, 11:42 pm
I am more embarrassed by our fan base.
2006 called. It wants it's lame excuses back.
You are dumb. We lost to 2 top 25 teams... We are Utah State... Understanding that fact might help you. We are never going to be top 25 year in and year out... EVER.... IN ANY SPORT.... EVER.
I don’t think the concern is we aren’t a top 25 team. The concern is we are getting blown out and don’t even look like we belong.
We should expect to compete on the MW year in and year out. Our program should be past the point where we look like a HS team against a college team.

These users thanked the author Cheecho6 for the post:
AggieFBObsession

"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 1st, 2020, 10:28 am

Cheecho6 wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 10:24 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:
You are dumb. We lost to 2 top 25 teams... We are Utah State... Understanding that fact might help you. We are never going to be top 25 year in and year out... EVER.... IN ANY SPORT.... EVER.
I don’t think the concern is we aren’t a top 25 team. The concern is we are getting blown out and don’t even look like we belong.
We should expect to compete on the MW year in and year out. Our program should be past the point where we look like a HS team against a college team.

Does a 30-point loss count as a bigger L than a 7 point loss ? 0 - 2 is 0 - 2

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 1st, 2020, 10:31 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 10:28 am
Cheecho6 wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:

Obviously a loss is a loss and they both count the same, but yes it is hard to have confidence going forward when we were anything but competitive in those games. I am not mad about the losses, sure I wanted to win, but the way we got man handled is for sure humbling. My blue goggles are on, but their starting to fade and come off. I want to believe we can get better from the bottom of my soul, but we need to see some improvement.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 3):
Aggie19vegasaggieAggieFBObsession

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » November 1st, 2020, 10:43 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
Cheecho6 wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:

But we're not really talking about records, are we? We're talking about a team that hasn't shown much talent, no creativity, not much fire, and is no fun at all to watch. (Also occasionally stupid -- i.e. Zahodri's drilling the punt returner then grinning and giving the thumbs up. Maybe he thought that since he'd be giving up 15 yards consistently all night, might as well enjoy the contact.) We don't beat Boise or SDSU often, but we're occasionally competitive. The last two weeks we've been utterly uncompetitive.

I'm not worried about not being a Top 25 team. I'm seriously worried we're a Bottom 25 team again. I don't want to believe it, but I've been an Aggie long enough to recognize the danger signs.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post (total 3):
Aggie19vegasaggieAggieFBObsession

Nobody here knows anything.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 1st, 2020, 10:52 am

OKAggie wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 10:43 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
Cheecho6 wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:

But we're not really talking about records, are we? We're talking about a team that hasn't shown much talent, no creativity, not much fire, and is no fun at all to watch. (Also occasionally stupid -- i.e. Zahodri's drilling the punt returner then grinning and giving the thumbs up. Maybe he thought that since he'd be giving up 15 yards consistently all night, might as well enjoy the contact.) We don't beat Boise or SDSU often, but we're occasionally competitive. The last two weeks we've been utterly uncompetitive.

I'm not worried about not being a Top 25 team. I'm seriously worried we're a Bottom 25 team again. I don't want to believe it, but I've been an Aggie long enough to recognize the danger signs.
Ok.
So with limited practices, very limited off season workout, new offensive system, new Defensive system, new DC, tons of new players in the 2 deep. You can say definitely that we aren't going to get better, or people need fired? That isn't how things work.
It takes time. It takes reps. Some more that others. Yes we have some problems. Big problems. Team speed would be 1st on my list. But they sky isn't falling. I knew all along we would be 0 - 2. What happens next is question.

Air Force is 0 - 2 in the MW as well with a blowout loss to Boise and a loss to San Jose... Are their losses some how better than ours ?
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 1st, 2020, 10:55 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 10:52 am
OKAggie wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:
Cheecho6 wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:

Ok.
So with limited practices, very limited off season workout, new offensive system, new Defensive system, new DC, tons of new players in the 2 deep. You can say definitely that we aren't going to get better, or people need fired? That isn't how things work.
It takes time. It takes reps. Some more that others. Yes we have some problems. Big problems. Team speed would be 1st on my list. But they sky isn't falling. I knew all along we would be 0 - 2. What happens next is question.

Air Force is 0 - 2 in the MW as well with a blowout loss to Boise and a loss to San Jose... Are their losses some how better than ours ?
All valid excuses. However, it seems obvious to most the problems run deeper than that. Time will tell. In my opinion, the issues are obvious and time will prove the people down on Gary correct.

And by the way, those excuses you made will become invalid as the season goes on because every team usu will be facing had to deal with the exact same thing.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
AggieFBObsession

coolag

Post by coolag » November 1st, 2020, 10:55 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
Cheecho6 wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:

That's the spirit. When did Duryea come back to Logan?
AggieFBObsession

Regulator of Class

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 1st, 2020, 11:10 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
November 1st, 2020, 10:52 am
OKAggie wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:
Cheecho6 wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:
coolag wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:

Ok.

Don't pretty much all of those excuses apply to SDSU too?

Locked Previous topicNext topic