We stink.....

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Elkaggie

Re: We stink.....

Post by Elkaggie » October 24th, 2020, 9:45 pm

You can only be creative when you have your basic blocking down and can execute it at a good level. Until you can do that there’s not much else you can do

ususports

Post by ususports » October 24th, 2020, 10:05 pm

I am glad that we retired the fake handoff to an invisible player. However, it has been replaced with our “QB” holding the ball in a position that people as far away as China can see the ball being handed off so there is no possible way the defense doesn’t know who has the ball.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
BLUERUFiO

stang

Post by stang » October 24th, 2020, 11:40 pm

It’s all good guys, Gary will bring in some of his dudes from Utah next year to plug up a couple holes in the sinking Titanic. They’ll all run through a wall for him because he’s a “players coach” so that’s reason enough to keep him around.
These users thanked the author stang for the post:
FloridaAggie13

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » October 24th, 2020, 11:49 pm

sammyhagar wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 6:51 pm
from what see so far...
my vote is Reader........did we practice offense?
Or special teams? #alligatorarms, #doink
Last edited by OrangeCountyAggie on October 25th, 2020, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » October 24th, 2020, 11:58 pm

Mediocre at Best wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 9:12 pm
Despite the score I enjoyed the game. Watched it in its entirety and got a chance to really learn about this team. One of the positives is there is a consensus that Shelly is not a quality QB and certainly a recruiting mistake. One of the negatives is we do not have HC. He definitely would have brought something to today's game. As the board members have consistently posted it is nice to have a power running game again. I have never been a fan of our receivers from top to bottom and it appears that the game commentators are of the same opinion. They just cannot get separation. Some simply are not fast enough and the one or two that have the speed run poor routes. I do think we will win some games and as has been the case for the past couple of years we will eek out a bowl bid. To be fair to GA he has brought some young talent here that can make some waves provided they get the right coaching, schemes, and game plan. Losing HC was a major set back. If he were here this season next year's season would have been special. His departure slows the progression of the program. Hope GA can find a QB as Peasley is not the answer.
Agree with you on our receivers, we essentially brought the same group that NFL scouts called "horrible" last year when evaluating J.Love. But I'm not sure yet on Peasley. The few on-field opportunities he's had the last two years, he impressed. Let's see him play more meaningful snaps.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » October 25th, 2020, 1:23 am

Better 2nd half

Random thoughts

1. Run game i think will be good.
2. Mcgriff needs to be targeted more / they have to find a way to get single man coverage on him. He is match up problem for any team we play.
3. We don't catch the ball very well.
4. Offensive line i think will get better game to game. Some of those stunts Boise ran we will pick up next week. Game film and snaps really make a difference on the OL.

5. Kevin Mitzenheimer looks like he gain 35 lbs... And not good weight.

6. Schematically on defense we stayed very basic. The defense looked much better then last year in terms of lining up in the right spot. But we need to tackle.

7. Play calling on offense was pretty bland. But Boise had plenty of speed on the edges and stayed in their assignments well all night so we couldn't get too crazy.

8. Carson Terrell being out was huge. We have to have a tight end that can run the seam and catch the ball. We have to make the safeties play off the ball help my run game. It has to be a TE with our current offense.

9 kicking..... Ugh... I hope this isn't a trend where Gary's team can never have a good kicker.

I am still in they wait and see mode... Boise looked pretty damn good to me. I think they will blows the doors off byu.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 25th, 2020, 6:16 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 1:23 am
Better 2nd half

Random thoughts

2. Mcgriff needs to be targeted more / they have to find a way to get single man coverage on him. He is match up problem for any team we play.
4. Offensive line i think will get better game to game. Some of those stunts Boise ran we will pick up next week. Game film and snaps really make a difference on the OL.

6. Schematically on defense we stayed very basic. The defense looked much better then last year in terms of lining up in the right spot. But we need to tackle.

7. Play calling on offense was pretty bland. But Boise had plenty of speed on the edges and stayed in their assignments well all night so we couldn't get too crazy.

8. Carson Terrell being out was huge. We have to have a tight end that can run the seam and catch the ball. We have to make the safeties play off the ball help my run game. It has to be a TE with our current offense.

9 kicking..... Ugh... I hope this isn't a trend where Gary's team can never have a good kicker.

I am still in they wait and see mode... Boise looked pretty damn good to me. I think they will blows the doors off byu.
Gary made mention of Kevin’s weight and keeping it off on the coaches show. I was hoping he might be 5 lbs over but yeah your comment seems more accurate.

I think Boise is very good as well. I follow their recruiting. They don’t recruit like a bama but they are on par with a lot of p5 schools. It is gonna be difficult for anybody in this conference to overcome the talent gap anytime soon.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 25th, 2020, 8:16 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
Better 2nd half

Random thoughts

I agree with point 6 i did not see the aggressiveness i was expecting from the defensive scheme. I was expecting to bring a lot more pressure. The tackling has to get better. I do think the defense is improved a little bit frim last year.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » October 25th, 2020, 8:31 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
I think people will be surprised to see and more alarmed about this game when Boise does in fact not blow the doors off BYU. That game will be a lot closer than people think or will even have BYU beating up on Boise.
Last edited by Roy McAvoy on October 25th, 2020, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 25th, 2020, 8:46 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 8:31 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
I think people will be surprised to see and more alarmed about this game when does in fact not blow the doors off BYU. That game will be a lot closer than people think or will even have BYU beating up on Boise.
I agree BYU has a good team. Their schedule has obviously not been too difficult but they are manhandling teams. The little I have watched of them their offense is super creative.

kofdog

Post by kofdog » October 25th, 2020, 9:19 am

Do people honestly think we would have seen a completely different game had HC still been here? Sure he had a great game today but he did play on a “team” and TT has better resources. Sure Shelly struggled some but he’s on a “team” that just didn’t look good around him.
These users thanked the author kofdog for the post:
BLUERUFiO

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » October 25th, 2020, 9:29 am

kofdog wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 9:19 am
Do people honestly think we would have seen a completely different game had HC still been here? Sure he had a great game today but he did play on a “team” and TT has better resources. Sure Shelly struggled some but he’s on a “team” that just didn’t look good around him.
I don't think we would have won with HC either, I'm not even sure the score would be closer. So no, I don't think that. I was frustrated by the entire team and the lack of basics like effort and tackling and not letting a guy walk past them to the endzone. My problem with Shelley is that we have been sold something and it didn't even come close to being true. He looked completely lost and I don't think we see that with HC.

Go Aggies!

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » October 25th, 2020, 9:31 am

Aggie19 wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 9:29 am
kofdog wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 9:19 am
I don't think we would have won with HC either, I'm not even sure the score would be closer. So no, I don't think that. I was frustrated by the entire team and the lack of basics like effort and tackling and not letting a guy walk past them to the endzone. My problem with Shelley is that we have been sold something and it didn't even come close to being true. He looked completely lost and I don't think we see that with HC.
The final score would have been similar with HC, but the halftime score would have at least been closer. HC would have gotten us more than ONE first down in the first half, at least keeping the Boise offense off the field a little longer.

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » October 25th, 2020, 9:33 am

anyone else notice on defense that US had a DB that seemed to shy away from contact? I thought I saw it 1-2 times in the first half, then on one of the TD that BS scored in the 4th - I think it was the pass to Shakir - it looked like a CB came into screen from the left at about the 5 yard line, then completely stopped as the ball-carrier ran right by about 3 yards from him.

coolag

Post by coolag » October 25th, 2020, 9:36 am

I fully expect to get manhandled again next week at home. I have never seen so many missed tackles from a defense at any level as I did last night. I thought Gary was a defense guy? His defense has flat out sucked since he came back. It has been obvious for awhile now that bringing Saint Gary back was a huge mistake and now we are going to see just how far that decision will set the program back.

Are some of us being dramatic? Yep. Are we wrong? Nope. We will continue to hear the same excuses that we have already heard after one game. Pandemic, new system, early season jitters, blah blah blah. What is the actual end goal for the aggies? I would guess a conference championship. Well that goes through Boise every friggin year so yeah it is a big deal that we completely laid another big steaming turd on the blue. If people can't see the drop in talent between Saint Gary's first stint and Wells to Gary .5 then I really have nothing else to say. We were outmatched at EVERY SINGLE position on the field last night. There is honestly not one starter of ours that would take the place on Boise's roster.

But we will still cheer, support, criticize, lament, and hope for more. It what aggies do.

Regulator of Class

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » October 25th, 2020, 9:51 am

coolag wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 9:36 am
I fully expect to get manhandled again next week at home. I have never seen so many missed tackles from a defense at any level as I did last night. I thought Gary was a defense guy? His defense has flat out sucked since he came back. It has been obvious for awhile now that bringing Saint Gary back was a huge mistake and now we are going to see just how far that decision will set the program back.

Are some of us being dramatic? Yep. Are we wrong? Nope. We will continue to hear the same excuses that we have already heard after one game. Pandemic, new system, early season jitters, blah blah blah. What is the actual end goal for the aggies? I would guess a conference championship. Well that goes through Boise every friggin year so yeah it is a big deal that we completely laid another big steaming turd on the blue. If people can't see the drop in talent between Saint Gary's first stint and Wells to Gary .5 then I really have nothing else to say. We were outmatched at EVERY SINGLE position on the field last night. There is honestly not one starter of ours that would take the place on Boise's roster.

But we will still cheer, support, criticize, lament, and hope for more. It what aggies do.
Exactly - you measure yourself vs the best teams of the conference and if you consistently lose by 30+ and are not competitive that tells you all you need to know about the state of program and coach.

For those optimistic about the 2nd half - when your winning 28-0 and your opponent has 50 yards of offense you are going to play more conservative and run out the clock and not be real dynamic on offense. Yet the aggies still couldn’t throw the ball - that’s a huge red flag if your team and QB can’t connect on throws when your being beat by 28 points. We aren’t Air Force or the service academy’s so we will need to be able to throw the ball even if it’s based on a good running game. Doesn’t look like we have the skill positions to pass nor do we have any young guys to develop there??

As coolag stated if your known for being a Defensive minded coach that unit should have the talent and skills you need and be coached well and we don’t have either.

2004AG

We stink.....

Post by 2004AG » October 25th, 2020, 9:54 am

kofdog wrote:Do people honestly think we would have seen a completely different game had HC still been here? Sure he had a great game today but he did play on a “team” and TT has better resources. Sure Shelly struggled some but he’s on a “team” that just didn’t look good around him.
I don’t know about the final outcome but I think HC could have completed more than 50% of his passes and passed for at least 100 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by 2004AG on October 25th, 2020, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » October 25th, 2020, 9:57 am

AGinNEIowa wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 9:33 am
anyone else notice on defense that US had a DB that seemed to shy away from contact? I thought I saw it 1-2 times in the first half, then on one of the TD that BS scored in the 4th - I think it was the pass to Shakir - it looked like a CB came into screen from the left at about the 5 yard line, then completely stopped as the ball-carrier ran right by about 3 yards from him.
Yes, #14, Jackson. He completely quit. I was honestly shocked when I saw it, dude completely just stopped and watched the guy walk in! That is the part that is unacceptable to me. We lost to a more talented team, there is no shame in that. The other stuff, shameful.
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
AGinNEIowa

Go Aggies!

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » October 25th, 2020, 10:56 am

If I was going to point fingers, I'd say coaching. USU wasn't sharp. It was simple execution by Boise. Breakdowns by USU.

We weren't overmatched physically. Boise isn't an elite team. They were better prepared and more disciplined.

We could be a much better team than we saw against BSU. Or....;.....??????
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 25th, 2020, 12:05 pm

AGinNEIowa wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 9:33 am
Saw this 2-3 times with our d-backs it drove me nuts. Defensive players should not be shying from contact.

Agsman

Post by Agsman » October 25th, 2020, 12:42 pm

Come on guys, the sky is not falling (yet). It sucked. It was frustrating. And that first half was atrocious. But let's try and keep things in perspective.. We have a new OC, DC, QB and new defensive and offensive schemes. We lost our top WR, TE and RB.

Compare that with Boise bringing back practically their entire offense from last years team, that won the MW.

We are not Alabama. We are not BSU. We can not just reload at every single position. We saw improvements throughout the game. There are definitely things to work on.

We played much better in the second half. Warren was a stud! We have a few positives we can build on.

Deep breathe fellow Aggies. Give these brand new coaches and players a chance to gel. Especially after one game.

Sent from some tractor on some farm...

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 25th, 2020, 1:02 pm

Agsman wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 12:42 pm
Come on guys, the sky is not falling (yet). It sucked. It was frustrating. And that first half was atrocious. But let's try and keep things in perspective.. We have a new OC, DC, QB and new defensive and offensive schemes. We lost our top WR, TE and RB.

Compare that with Boise bringing back practically their entire offense from last years team, that won the MW.

We are not Alabama. We are not BSU. We can not just reload at every single position. We saw improvements throughout the game. There are definitely things to work on.

We played much better in the second half. Warren was a stud! We have a few positives we can build on.

Deep breathe fellow Aggies. Give these brand new coaches and players a chance to gel. Especially after one game.

Sent from some tractor on some farm...
Thanks for the perspective, i appreciate it. I am super excited to see the team improve. I still think we can 4ish games.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 25th, 2020, 1:13 pm

It is expected when you lose to blame the Q.B., then the head coach then the coordinator, and I fully understand that.

Keep in mind that when I said opening with BSU was the worst thing that could happen, some folks on here disagreed with me, you where as wrong as you could be, put aside the bad day at the Q.B., and look at others play, receivers were not open missed some catch's we needed, in fact at a important part of the game 2 were running down the sideline about one yard apart that was a mental error, downfield blocking is not good. On the offense, Oline is average, one back looked good.

Defense was better with the up front 3, linebackers, are not good outside of one., Broken secondary coverage gave them a easy score, one DB may be the worst tackler I have seen he is a disaster. there were times when the defense was not aligned right.

Special team are anything but special, punting is ok, punt return was a near disaster, kickoff returns were not very good, Place kicking is just awful

Again starting with BSU was a disaster much like what I had expected, but keep in mind they just might be right at the top of schools in the west this season.

I do not like to name players they are just kids, also it was the first game which was against a far superior program.
These users thanked the author oleblu111 for the post:
slcagg

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 25th, 2020, 1:21 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 1:13 pm
It is expected when you lose to blame the Q.B., then the head coach then the coordinator, and I fully understand that.

Keep in mind that when I said opening with BSU was the worst thing that could happen, some folks on here disagreed with me, you where as wrong as you could be, put aside the bad day at the Q.B., and look at others play, receivers were not open missed some catch's we needed, in fact at a important part of the game 2 were running down the sideline about one yard apart that was a mental error, downfield blocking is not good. On the offense, Oline is average, one back looked good.

Defense was better with the up front 3, linebackers, are not good outside of one., Broken secondary coverage gave them a easy score, one DB may be the worst tackler I have seen he is a disaster. there were times when the defense was not aligned right.

Special team are anything but special, punting is ok, punt return was a near disaster, kickoff returns were not very good, Place kicking is just awful

Again starting with BSU was a disaster much like what I had expected, but keep in mind they just might be right at the top of schools in the west this season.

I do not like to name players they are just kids, also it was the first game which was against a far superior program.
I think you pretty much summed it up. The blame goes around to all areas. I hope the players and coaches are motivated to fix this and play better as we are playing arguably our 2nd toughest game of the season. Would have been nice to work out some kinks against Fresno and NM, but oh well. I just hope our team doesn't lose confidence and keeps working to get better. I do think some of the issues we saw are fixable and we can be a decent team.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 25th, 2020, 1:43 pm

Well, not sure who a lot of you are, but I'm an Aggie.

An Aggie is resilient as hell and has a stiff upper lip when faced with loss or in this case a crushing loss. We have less resources, less money, less fans... we are a small school... there, I said it.

Can we expect better than what we saw last night? Sure we can. But lot's of things influenced the outcome yesterday and that is ok.

Onward and upward. I'll be sitting in Section 201 on Saturday. Rain, wind, snow, bad play, bad special teams, porous defense, dropped balls.... none of that will stop me and the boy from watching it all..... watching it all with a stiff upper lip.

I'm an Aggie.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post (total 2):
sam tingeyBLUERUFiO

GUS

Post by GUS » October 25th, 2020, 1:55 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
Better 2nd half

Random thoughts

I pretty much agree with your thoughts. A couple I also had.
1. The O line is very poor on pass protection. I thought they would be much better, but JS didn't have a ton of time to run through his reads. They seemed to run block better, especially in the second half.
2. Why were there no screen plays when boise was coming so hard? Also, no crossing plays over the middle or any misdirection except the double reverse that didn't work.
3. Linebackers are still slow. I really miss our old linebackers that have moved on.
4. Why didn't we run a few more blitzes. The three man rush was totally ineffective at putting pressure on boise's qb.
5. Finally, I hope the play calling gets better as the competition decreases. That was hard to watch last night.
These users thanked the author GUS for the post:
AZ4AggieNation

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 25th, 2020, 2:33 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 1:43 pm

An Aggie is resilient as hell and has a stiff upper lip when faced with loss or in this case a crushing loss. We have less resources, less money, less fans... we are a small school... there, I said it.

Can we expect better than what we saw last night? Sure we can. But lot's of things influenced the outcome yesterday and that is ok.

Onward and upward. I'll be sitting in Section 201 on Saturday. Rain, wind, snow, bad play, bad special teams, porous defense, dropped balls.... none of that will stop me and the boy from watching it all..... watching it all with a stiff upper lip.

I'm an Aggie.
If Being an Aggie fan were easy everyone would want to do it fact of the matter it is not. But at the end of the day I keep going back for more because I love the Aggies. That's what makes the wins even the more sweet when you stick through thick and thin and then when things pay off the reward is much better. It might be easier to cheer for other teams but the fact of the matter is there's no other team I would rather cheer for.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
Sl7vk

coolag

Post by coolag » October 25th, 2020, 5:39 pm

Sl7vk wrote:

I'm an Aggie.
I'm glad you're an aggie. Don't make the mistake of thinking that those here who are dramatic and concerned about the program aren't as well.

Regulator of Class

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 25th, 2020, 6:59 pm

coolag wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 5:39 pm
Sl7vk wrote:

I'm an Aggie.
I'm glad you're an aggie. Don't make the mistake of thinking that those here who are dramatic and concerned about the program aren't as well.
We are all Aggies. I get that. Seems that some of the more recent generations haven’t gone through the sufferings that most of us have and just see things through different optics.
I think I read that we have the 3rd most wins in the MW since joining the conference. That’s crazy! That also contributes to the drama that you referenced when we lose to the Alabama of the MW.

coolag

Post by coolag » October 25th, 2020, 7:15 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 6:59 pm
coolag wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 5:39 pm
Sl7vk wrote:

I'm an Aggie.
We are all Aggies. I get that. Seems that some of the more recent generations haven’t gone through the sufferings that most of us have and just see things through different optics.
I think I read that we have the 3rd most wins in the MW since joining the conference. That’s crazy! That also contributes to the drama that you referenced when we lose to the Alabama of the MW.
Are you implying that those who see things through different optics than you are of the younger generation? If so I would also say don't make the mistake of thinking that those people aren't the ones who've stuck through and supported the program for many years. Many of us didn't accept the excuses and bad hires then either. There I've said it. Re-hiring Gary was a major mistake.

Regulator of Class

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » October 25th, 2020, 8:19 pm

Oh OC AGGIE!! You just love to focus on my kid as much as possible!!!! Now Im convinced! He must have out-practiced your kid!!! Get over it, 7 more games and he’ll be outta your hair!
He touched the ball, yes....still went in our favor. Believe me he’s down about it. He is his own worst critic, never brags, just stop focusing on him and go paint your house or something....dang
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 3):
FloridaAggie13USU78mcaggie1

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 25th, 2020, 10:02 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 11:58 pm
Mediocre at Best wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 9:12 pm
Despite the score I enjoyed the game. Watched it in its entirety and got a chance to really learn about this team. One of the positives is there is a consensus that Shelly is not a quality QB and certainly a recruiting mistake. One of the negatives is we do not have HC. He definitely would have brought something to today's game. As the board members have consistently posted it is nice to have a power running game again. I have never been a fan of our receivers from top to bottom and it appears that the game commentators are of the same opinion. They just cannot get separation. Some simply are not fast enough and the one or two that have the speed run poor routes. I do think we will win some games and as has been the case for the past couple of years we will eek out a bowl bid. To be fair to GA he has brought some young talent here that can make some waves provided they get the right coaching, schemes, and game plan. Losing HC was a major set back. If he were here this season next year's season would have been special. His departure slows the progression of the program. Hope GA can find a QB as Peasley is not the answer.
Agree with you on our receivers, we essentially brought the same group that NFL scouts called "horrible" last year when evaluating J.Love. But I'm not sure yet on Peasley. The few on-field opportunities he's had the last two years, he impressed. Let's see him play more meaningful snaps.
Yeah it is way too early to have any opinion on Peasley. It was one game to judge Shelley on. Peasley didn't even throw the ball once.

We should all wait at minimum until after the Nevada game before we make any concrete judgments on any player for this year.

Stockypoo2212

Post by Stockypoo2212 » October 25th, 2020, 10:26 pm

I'm definitely the younger generation of Aggie fans. I'm 19 and didn't start paying attention to Aggie football until the Auburn game. That's the first game I ever remember watching. I remember when Gary left and wells had to pick it up. And now wells left and Gary is picking it up. Y'all gotta chill about the Gary hire. It's going to be fine. We have a couple good seasons and now when we play a bad game we act like YBU fans.... c'mon. We are better than that
These users thanked the author Stockypoo2212 for the post:
oleblu111

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 26th, 2020, 8:42 am

The Boise loss just confirmed what I thought before the season was originally going to begin, we are in a rebuild year. We are finally deciding to transfer from a Wells team to a Gary team. 2019 was a Gary-coached Wells team. It sucked. I hope to see improvement this year as the coaches teach these guys up. I expect to compete much better next year. By 2022, we better be competing for the MWC Championship and look like Boise did on Saturday night.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
Stockypoo2212

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 26th, 2020, 10:32 am

Stockypoo2212 wrote:
October 25th, 2020, 10:26 pm
I'm definitely the younger generation of Aggie fans. I'm 19 and didn't start paying attention to Aggie football until the Auburn game. That's the first game I ever remember watching. I remember when Gary left and wells had to pick it up. And now wells left and Gary is picking it up. Y'all gotta chill about the Gary hire. It's going to be fine. We have a couple good seasons and now when we play a bad game we act like YBU fans.... c'mon. We are better than that
If it were one game against Boise I would agree with you. But ever since the SDSU victory the Defense has been worse than awful against anyone decent other than Wyoming. The Aggies beat Fresno only because of Love and only competed in the bowl game for the same reason. The tackling has regressed and the care factor seemingly too. D is where Gary built his reputation but to be honest he has had one really good D and one OK D while at USU. The good D was coached by Dave Aranda in 2012 and the 2011 D was OK but severely underperformed given the future NFL talent level on it.

Add the Shelley debacle to all of this and it sure doesn't look like Gary has things going anywhere but down. Forget the talent level difference which is widening not decreasing against the Donks. Its one thing to be outmatched but USU was outcoached, out techniqued, and out-efforted as well.

I was a huge supporter of Gary coming back. I feel like I was wrong. The entire time he was here previously I never felt like any of his teams failed effort wise and they played better opponents with a chip on their shoulders. I don't see that anymore. Sorry.

Locked Previous topicNext topic