5,500 fans at home games

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: 5,500 fans at home games

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 14th, 2020, 12:48 pm

AZ4AggieNation wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 11:45 am
Aggiefan33 wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 9:36 am
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
October 13th, 2020, 4:57 pm
The latest announcement of new restrictions makes it look bleak for any fans being at the game.
Actually it is the opposite. We could have more fans at the games now than the old system of just 6000 people. The emphasis now is on having the 6 feet of distance between individuals not in the same household.

I mean "come on"; we trust young men and woman to drive in most states at the age of 16; don't we? That in itself is a very dangerous thing to the safety of the general public in actuality across the nation but there are measures in place to hold them accountable and safer; we don'r just STOP driving!
The attendance restriction would be like the measures in place to make driving safer. As you point out, there are safety measures in place in driving. We literally have an over billion a year federally funded National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that regulates and enforces safety standards in cars being made. And believe me they don't stop after you have bought the car as anyone who has been involved with a car recall knows. Of course than there are all the laws on the road; speed limits, red lights, etc. When I was at USU I was pulled over literally driving a half mile from my apartment to campus because I didn't have my seatbelt on. Not to mention the times I've been ticketed in Mantua going to Aggie games for barely crossing the speed limit posing no risk to anyone.

I'm not going to complain about some attendance restrictions if it means football is back especially with all the games that have had to be postponed already at other schools and are still being postponed. (Vanderbilt/Missouri just got postponed along with Baylor/Oklahoma State). It certainly sucks for fans that won't get to go, but I'll be impressed with our fanbase if there is serious demand beyond the limit for a Thursday night December home game against Air Force.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
AZ4AggieNation

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » October 14th, 2020, 1:26 pm

AZ4AggieNation wrote:
Aggiefan33 wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
The latest announcement of new restrictions makes it look bleak for any fans being at the game.
Actually it is the opposite. We could have more fans at the games now than the old system of just 6000 people. The emphasis now is on having the 6 feet of distance between individuals not in the same household.
Keep the positive vibes going; we all know after Nov. 3rd - regardless of the outcome...Reported Covid transmission rates will miraculously decline or rise..Of course!!

So in the interim; lets go Aggies!!! So excited to see USU working towards supporting the players getting on the field, grinding plus their having fun!

I know from watching games lately; (really tired of watching SunBelt and C-USA games getting so much air time) that having fans in attendance is soooooo huge...(anyone watch a few Big12 games lately) and many many schools have made it work well with their school leaders and the governor of their states being in concert to let them play and allow fans to enjoy cheering them on...and expecting people to conform to precautions in place at the stadiums....

I mean "come on"; we trust young men and woman to drive in most states at the age of 16; don't we? That in itself is a very dangerous thing to the safety of the general public in actuality across the nation but there are measures in place to hold them accountable and safer; we don'r just STOP driving! No simple answers but "tucking your head between your knees", "hoping the government will safe you or has your best interests in mind" and pointing fingers at others whom disagree with you, isn't the answer...Going to a game is a privilege; not a right...if you don't wanna go or don't feel safe; DON'T GO then but also those whom wish to attend should not be shamed nor should they be kept from being a part of it either! Be safer now and also be smarter now; simple logic!

And please jus' keep politics out of sports.....especially high school and college at least...They have a whole life after schooling to battle that "political football"; as they so choose!
Well said. A year ago, I could've attended or done anything I wanted to with a fever and the flu. I shouldn't, but I could have. My freedom shouldn't end where your fear begins.
Play ball !!
These users thanked the author IdaAg93 for the post (total 2):
sstrasserAZ4AggieNation

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 14th, 2020, 1:28 pm

IdaAg93 wrote:
October 14th, 2020, 1:26 pm
AZ4AggieNation wrote:
Aggiefan33 wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
Keep the positive vibes going; we all know after Nov. 3rd - regardless of the outcome...Reported Covid transmission rates will miraculously decline or rise..Of course!!

So in the interim; lets go Aggies!!! So excited to see USU working towards supporting the players getting on the field, grinding plus their having fun!

I know from watching games lately; (really tired of watching SunBelt and C-USA games getting so much air time) that having fans in attendance is soooooo huge...(anyone watch a few Big12 games lately) and many many schools have made it work well with their school leaders and the governor of their states being in concert to let them play and allow fans to enjoy cheering them on...and expecting people to conform to precautions in place at the stadiums....

I mean "come on"; we trust young men and woman to drive in most states at the age of 16; don't we? That in itself is a very dangerous thing to the safety of the general public in actuality across the nation but there are measures in place to hold them accountable and safer; we don'r just STOP driving! No simple answers but "tucking your head between your knees", "hoping the government will safe you or has your best interests in mind" and pointing fingers at others whom disagree with you, isn't the answer...Going to a game is a privilege; not a right...if you don't wanna go or don't feel safe; DON'T GO then but also those whom wish to attend should not be shamed nor should they be kept from being a part of it either! Be safer now and also be smarter now; simple logic!

And please jus' keep politics out of sports.....especially high school and college at least...They have a whole life after schooling to battle that "political football"; as they so choose!
Well said. A year ago, I could've attended or done anything I wanted to with a fever and the flu. I shouldn't, but I could have. My freedom shouldn't end where your fear begins.
Play ball !!
Umm, your freedoms don't allow you to infect other people.
Going to the game if you had the flu would have been socially irresponsible a year ago, as it is now.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post (total 4):
Aggie formerly in Hawaiioleblu111GaAggieaggiesdotcom

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » October 14th, 2020, 2:06 pm

We almost made it four pages before this became about non-sports topics.

I think that's better than we've done in a while. Congrats everyone!

P.S. we can still do better.
These users thanked the author AgMan21 for the post (total 3):
sam tingeyAggiePTFull

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 15th, 2020, 8:14 am

Below is the most updated ticket arrangements for all the 4 home games. I actually like the way they are doing it seems fair and flexible. Looking forward to purchasing tickets.

https://utahstateaggies.com/sports/2019 ... ckets.aspx

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » October 15th, 2020, 12:24 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 8:14 am
Below is the most updated ticket arrangements for all the 4 home games. I actually like the way they are doing it seems fair and flexible. Looking forward to purchasing tickets.

This is awesome! Does anyone know when priority windows open? I haven't seen an email yet. Anyone else?

In case the link goes away...
To start the season, Maverik Stadium will be allowed to host fans up to 20% capacity. All games for the 2020 season will be sold on a single-game basis.

Ticket Priority Access
Aggie football season ticket holders who made a commitment to Aggie football (opt-in for spring football, rollover to fall 2021, or donated the cash portion of their tickets) will have priority access to tickets. Priority access will be tiered based on priority points. Each tier will have 24-hour exclusive access to tickets until a new tier window opens. The general public will be able to access tickets after the priority windows close. Season ticket holders will be emailed more information about priority windows and how to purchase tickets during their allotted times.

Tier 1 = 120 priority points or higher & Blue A Society Members
Tier 2 = 10 – 119 priority points
Tier 3 = Less than 10 priority points
In order to verify your tier status, please check your priority points by logging into your Utah State Athletics Tickets account. Go to “My Account,” click “Manage My Account,” and view priority point details and totals under “My Profile.” To learn more about Aggies Unlimited and priority points, please click here. To explore the opportunity to join the Blue A Society, please click here.

On Sale Dates
Tickets for each game will go on sale approximately two weeks prior to game day. This will allow for maximum flexibility to change our capacity restrictions if state and local guidelines change. Tickets will remain on sale until sold out.

October 31: San Diego State (Time 7:30 p.m.)
On sale dates: Monday, October 19 – Thursday, October 22

November 14: Fresno State (Time TBA)
On sale dates: Monday, November 2 – Thursday, November 5

November 26: New Mexico (Time TBA)

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » October 15th, 2020, 12:35 pm

Anyone know how they are handling students and if any students will be allowed to attend?

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 15th, 2020, 2:23 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 12:24 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 8:14 am

This is awesome! Does anyone know when priority windows open? I haven't seen an email yet. Anyone else?

In case the link goes away...
To start the season, Maverik Stadium will be allowed to host fans up to 20% capacity. All games for the 2020 season will be sold on a single-game basis.

Ticket Priority Access
Aggie football season ticket holders who made a commitment to Aggie football (opt-in for spring football, rollover to fall 2021, or donated the cash portion of their tickets) will have priority access to tickets. Priority access will be tiered based on priority points. Each tier will have 24-hour exclusive access to tickets until a new tier window opens. The general public will be able to access tickets after the priority windows close. Season ticket holders will be emailed more information about priority windows and how to purchase tickets during their allotted times.

Tier 1 = 120 priority points or higher & Blue A Society Members
Tier 2 = 10 – 119 priority points
Tier 3 = Less than 10 priority points
In order to verify your tier status, please check your priority points by logging into your Utah State Athletics Tickets account. Go to “My Account,” click “Manage My Account,” and view priority point details and totals under “My Profile.” To learn more about Aggies Unlimited and priority points, please click here. To explore the opportunity to join the Blue A Society, please click here.

On Sale Dates
Tickets for each game will go on sale approximately two weeks prior to game day. This will allow for maximum flexibility to change our capacity restrictions if state and local guidelines change. Tickets will remain on sale until sold out.

October 31: San Diego State (Time 7:30 p.m.)
On sale dates: Monday, October 19 – Thursday, October 22

November 14: Fresno State (Time TBA)
On sale dates: Monday, November 2 – Thursday, November 5

November 26: New Mexico (Time TBA)
It looks like the priority dates open 2 Mondays before each game or ~12 days prior. It looks the priority will be 24 hours for each tier and then any remaining will be open to the general public after the priority sessions end which looks to be 3-4 days. As a far as student tickets my dad said he heard ~1500 for students, but i am not sure that is official or not.

sstrasser

Post by sstrasser » October 15th, 2020, 2:41 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 12:35 pm
Anyone know how they are handling students and if any students will be allowed to attend?
are they going to make them social distance (good luck)
and can roommates get a "Pod" of tickets.
I am sure those questions are being answered now and the Hurd is on it.

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » October 15th, 2020, 7:33 pm

Hah 10 points! Tier two suckahs!

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 16th, 2020, 8:26 am

BearLakeMonster wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 7:33 pm
My 7 points don't take into account that I'm a alumnus and former athlete.
Oh well, gonna have to take what I can get, even if that is nothing and watching it on my sofa.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
sstrasser

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 16th, 2020, 8:28 am

Well I might in the valley during the month of November. So if anyone cares to have pity on me I’ll buy your tickets 😁.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » October 16th, 2020, 8:53 am

Dammit my basketball points reset when I didn't renew tickets Duryea's last year. I won't apologize.

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » October 16th, 2020, 9:19 am

Sl7vk wrote:
October 16th, 2020, 8:26 am
BearLakeMonster wrote:
Oh well, gonna have to take what I can get, even if that is nothing and watching it on my sofa.
You used to get credit for being a former USU athlete. Is that no longer the case?

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 16th, 2020, 9:22 am

newhouse9 wrote:
October 16th, 2020, 9:19 am
Sl7vk wrote:
BearLakeMonster wrote:
You used to get credit for being a former USU athlete. Is that no longer the case?
It's still the case, but the points aren't there for me. It's been 20+ years, so I'm sure the archives are hazy.

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » October 16th, 2020, 9:30 am

Sl7vk wrote:
October 16th, 2020, 9:22 am
newhouse9 wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
BearLakeMonster wrote:
It's still the case, but the points aren't there for me. It's been 20+ years, so I'm sure the archives are hazy.
Bummer...seems they should have been able to find it from that recently. I assume you spoke to the donations folks about it?

ususports

Post by ususports » October 16th, 2020, 9:36 am

Apparently, I am not getting any points for being a USU Alumni. I graduated over 20 years ago, so I guess that is lost in the archives as well.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
sstrasser

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 16th, 2020, 9:46 am

newhouse9 wrote:
October 16th, 2020, 9:30 am
Sl7vk wrote:
October 16th, 2020, 9:22 am
newhouse9 wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
BearLakeMonster wrote:
Bummer...seems they should have been able to find it from that recently. I assume you spoke to the donations folks about it?
No, I haven't escalated my pitty party.
It doesn't matter. I'll jump into tier 3 get what I can get. Next year, I'll need to up my tickets and that will take care of that. :)
sstrasser

boyblue

Post by boyblue » October 20th, 2020, 9:10 am

Just got me 8 tickets for the game!
These users thanked the author boyblue for the post:
IdaAg93

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 20th, 2020, 10:44 am

boyblue wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 9:10 am
Just got me 8 tickets for the game!
What was available? All sections at this stage?
Do you know what time you were able to buy? Does it open at 8am?

Aggiefan33

Post by Aggiefan33 » October 20th, 2020, 10:49 am

opened at 10:00

The harder you work, the harder it is to Surrender. - Men's Basketball locker room

Full

Post by Full » October 20th, 2020, 11:22 am

If you have 10 or more points you can order today. Tomorrow for anyone. It looks like there are still lots available.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 20th, 2020, 12:02 pm

I got my 6 today. there are still plenty available. The 3 sections behind the visitor bench were all gone, but still good seats available. Super stoked to go to the game. Considering about 8 weeks ago we had no hope of a season, I am happy with where we are at.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
Fullsstrasser

Aggie_CEE

Post by Aggie_CEE » October 20th, 2020, 3:02 pm

Bought 2 this morning. Just checked again and doesn't look like much has changed:

East:

South:

West:
These users thanked the author Aggie_CEE for the post:
Sl7vk

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 20th, 2020, 3:48 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thank you for putting my mind at ease to wait until 10am tomorrow!

boyblue

Post by boyblue » October 20th, 2020, 4:23 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 3:48 pm
You have to wait until 10AM to buy online. However, I called Ryan at 8:45 this morning and he hooked me up early. With every pod of tickets you buy they give you a parking pass.

Aggie_CEE

Post by Aggie_CEE » October 20th, 2020, 4:50 pm

boyblue wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 4:23 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
You have to wait until 10AM to buy online. However, I called Ryan at 8:45 this morning and he hooked me up early. With every pod of tickets you buy they give you a parking pass.
I bought one of the small 2 ticket pods. Did your parking pass come with your email? Didn't even think to ask about parking because I'm used to it being included with season tickets. Maybe the parking pass is for the larger pod groups only.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 20th, 2020, 6:24 pm

Don't think parking is going to present a problem this year.
sstrasser

boyblue

Post by boyblue » October 20th, 2020, 6:26 pm

Aggie_CEE wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 4:50 pm
boyblue wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
I bought one of the small 2 ticket pods. Did your parking pass come with your email? Didn't even think to ask about parking because I'm used to it being included with season tickets. Maybe the parking pass is for the larger pod groups only.
He said the parking pass will come with the tickets, when they are emailed to me. With my 8 tickets I will be getting 2 parking passes.

sstrasser

Post by sstrasser » October 21st, 2020, 10:07 am

boyblue wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
wow Ryan is working the phones hard, I just got a text from him to get my tickets. But my son doesn't want to miss trick or treating on Halloween night. :shock: :(

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 21st, 2020, 10:09 am

sstrasser wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 10:07 am
boyblue wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
wow Ryan is working the phones hard, I just got a text from him to get my tickets. But my son doesn't want to miss trick or treating on Halloween night. :shock: :(
Website to buy tickets is down. Crap!

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 21st, 2020, 10:25 am

Texted Ryan, called me back, got the exact tickets I wanted.
That guy is a huge get for the ticket office by the way! I've heard so many bad things about people's experience but mine has always been nothing short of perfect with Ryan Benson.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post (total 3):
sstrasserFullaggies22

breadysmith

Post by breadysmith » October 21st, 2020, 10:51 am

I agree I’ve had great experiences with him and he’s proactive without being annoying...easier said than done. He’s an asset for sure and I hope he sticks around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author breadysmith for the post (total 3):
sstrasserSl7vkaggies22

"I'm much more comfortable criticizing people behind their backs." George Costanza

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » October 21st, 2020, 1:38 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 10:25 am
Texted Ryan, called me back, got the exact tickets I wanted.
That guy is a huge get for the ticket office by the way! I've heard so many bad things about people's experience but mine has always been nothing short of perfect with Ryan Benson.
I'll second, third or fourth this. Ryan Benson has been fantastic to work with!!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
sstrasser

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 21st, 2020, 9:23 pm

Does anyone know if they are allotting some seats for students at the SDSU game?

Locked Previous topicNext topic