Way to Early Schedule Prediction

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
OrangeCountyAggie

Way to Early Schedule Prediction

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » October 10th, 2020, 2:09 am

Obviously, there are still 4 non-con games up in the air (presumably all will take place in Orlando). But I'm confident in this team and coaching staff and am optimistic about the upcoming season. Let's say we go 3-1 in those aforementioned TBD non-con's, I predict our final record will be 22-5:

Real Life Aggie

Re: Way to Early Schedule Prediction

Post by Real Life Aggie » October 10th, 2020, 11:18 am

I think we split BYU and St. Mary's. Classically, those are very competitive games, and they're early in the season, which means we're still figuring out who replaces Sam, and how.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 10th, 2020, 12:55 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 11:18 am
I think we split BYU and St. Mary's. Classically, those are very competitive games, and they're early in the season, which means we're still figuring out who replaces Sam, and how.
I do not think Sam will be replaced, he was the heart and soul of that team, if you watch the MWC championship games he was the reason we win that thing, a player of that level comes thru maybe once in 10 years.

I hope we can win 16- 18 games this season, which to me will be a great year.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » October 10th, 2020, 1:03 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 12:55 pm
Real Life Aggie wrote:
I do not think Sam will be replaced, he was the heart and soul of that team, if you watch the MWC championship games he was the reason we win that thing, a player of that level comes thru maybe once in 10 years.

I hope we can win 16- 18 games this season, which to me will be a great year.
Big games from Nemi and Anderson were also critical to that win. But you are 100% correct that Sam will not be replaced, but he doesn’t need to be for us to still be really good. We bring back so many key parts of what made us good the last two years, especially in the post.

If we can get even 75% of what Sam gave us between Marco and a couple of the new guys, we will still be really good. Not saying that will happen, but it’ll be exciting to see if it does. I am pretty confident Vedischev will be a recruiting hit, and I have high hopes for Ashworth. If I am right about those three guys, I think we’ll be really good.

I’d have confidence in a Craig Smith coached team no matter who he throws out there though. We’ll see!
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 10th, 2020, 1:13 pm

Merrill obviously won't be replaced, but it doesn't mean we can't be good this year. Jaycee Caroll was obviously one of the best players in USU history and we made the tournament three years in a row after he left. We have some great guys coming back and a few additions that if they pan out how we believe they can, there won't be much of a drop off from last year.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
slcaggsstrasser

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » October 10th, 2020, 9:16 pm

I see my poor choice of words has triggered some responses. My intent was more along the lines of who is going to fill the gap left by him (and Abel and Diogo) as far as contributions to stats. :)

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » October 11th, 2020, 12:07 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
Neemias Queta - unleashed.
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
AggiePT

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » October 11th, 2020, 12:08 am

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
October 11th, 2020, 12:07 am
Real Life Aggie wrote:
Poor Randy Bennett still probably wakes up in a cold sweat remembering that first encounter.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
OrangeCountyAggie

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » October 11th, 2020, 12:11 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
October 11th, 2020, 12:08 am
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
October 11th, 2020, 12:07 am
Real Life Aggie wrote:
Poor Randy Bennett still probably wakes up in a cold sweat remembering that first encounter.
Lol, he got lucky last year!
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
Real Life Aggie

stang

Post by stang » October 11th, 2020, 3:01 pm

It seems wild to say since obviously we'll be replacing one of the best players in program history, but I think that this year's squad could end up being just as good or possibly even better than last year. We have some unbelievable talent and depth in this program, and even if just a couple of the newcomers end up being around what I think they can be immediately, this could be a really fun season.

As far as a number of wins goes, I'm not sure about my overall prediction yet, but they went 12-6 in conference last year and I think a repeat of that is very much in the realm of possibility.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 11th, 2020, 4:24 pm

stang wrote:
October 11th, 2020, 3:01 pm
It seems wild to say since obviously we'll be replacing one of the best players in program history, but I think that this year's squad could end up being just as good or possibly even better than last year. We have some unbelievable talent and depth in this program, and even if just a couple of the newcomers end up being around what I think they can be immediately, this could be a really fun season.

As far as a number of wins goes, I'm not sure about my overall prediction yet, but they went 12-6 in conference last year and I think a repeat of that is very much in the realm of possibility.
Yeah because the run in Vegas was so awesome and we had some great early wins, we forget the conference regular season wasn't really that special. 12-6 (or a similar record depending on how our schedule ends up) is a very reachable goal. I don't know the fan situation yet, but we struggled on the road in conference and having no or few fans will be an advantage compared to last year, especially in places like New Mexico.

AggieFreak

Post by AggieFreak » October 12th, 2020, 3:21 pm

Any idea yet as to what will be allowed for attendance to games? I would love to be able to go to the Spectrum this year.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » October 12th, 2020, 3:54 pm

AggieFreak wrote:
October 12th, 2020, 3:21 pm
Any idea yet as to what will be allowed for attendance to games? I would love to be able to go to the Spectrum this year.
Six weeks of zero new Covid cases, a Hazmat suit, and a signed a signed permission slip from Anthony Fauci.

Eutaw St. Aggie

sstrasser

Post by sstrasser » October 14th, 2020, 12:37 pm

Yossarian wrote:
October 12th, 2020, 3:54 pm
AggieFreak wrote:
October 12th, 2020, 3:21 pm
Six weeks of zero new Covid cases, a Hazmat suit, and a signed a signed permission slip from Anthony Fauci.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Locked Previous topicNext topic