Week 1

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
jeffdan25
Posts: 97
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 8:37 am
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Week 1

Post by jeffdan25 » October 1st, 2020, 1:51 pm

Looks like Boise!



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 10306
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 523 times
Been thanked: 372 times

Re: Week 1

Post by ViAggie » October 1st, 2020, 1:59 pm

as I "inadvertently" predicted :)
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post (total 2):
jeffdan25slcagg


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1336
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 211 times

Re: Week 1

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » October 1st, 2020, 2:26 pm

Tough game to open with. Maybe it's good to play them week 1 before they have any film of our new offense/defensive schemes (or maybe they just turn on 2012 tape). I hope they don't allow fans as that may help level the playing field as well.

Any idea who is leading their QB battle? Or is Bachmeier already crowned started for week 1. Thought maybe the Sears kid from USC or maybe Chord could push him a bit.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
aggies22



Aggie84025
Posts: 2399
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 752 times

Re: Week 1

Post by Aggie84025 » October 1st, 2020, 2:52 pm

Anybody live in Idaho or have updates if they are allowing some fan? If they are maybe some will show up on stub hub, I would love to attend if I can.



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 742
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 524 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: Week 1

Post by thegreendalegelf » October 1st, 2020, 3:06 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 2:52 pm
Anybody live in Idaho or have updates if they are allowing some fan? If they are maybe some will show up on stub hub, I would love to attend if I can.
No fans allowed according to a comment on Boise States facebook post.



Aggie84025
Posts: 2399
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 752 times

Re: Week 1

Post by Aggie84025 » October 1st, 2020, 3:11 pm

thegreendalegelf wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 3:06 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 2:52 pm
Anybody live in Idaho or have updates if they are allowing some fan? If they are maybe some will show up on stub hub, I would love to attend if I can.
No fans allowed according to a comment on Boise States facebook post.
Thanks, that is surprising that they are not allowing fans.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 10306
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 523 times
Been thanked: 372 times

Re: Week 1

Post by ViAggie » October 1st, 2020, 3:14 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 3:11 pm
thegreendalegelf wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 3:06 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 2:52 pm
Anybody live in Idaho or have updates if they are allowing some fan? If they are maybe some will show up on stub hub, I would love to attend if I can.
No fans allowed according to a comment on Boise States facebook post.
Thanks, that is surprising that they are not allowing fans.
Yea it wouldn't be hard to SD in Albertsons stadium, odd? I'm guessing that maybe no schools will allow stands in the fans... err fans in the stands :lol:


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 3176
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 137 times
Been thanked: 471 times

Re: Week 1

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 1st, 2020, 5:48 pm

Glad no fans will be in the stands. We need every advantage we can get. I do worry about our defense. Their offensive line is mostly new, but Holani will be back who killed us last year. With Bachmeier back and two of their top 3 receivers from last year, I don't think their offense will be much worse than last year. Glad we are playing them the first week so hopefully their inexperienced offensive line will be something we can exploit.



Aggiefan160
Posts: 508
Joined: December 12th, 2011, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Week 1

Post by Aggiefan160 » October 1st, 2020, 6:06 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 5:48 pm
Glad no fans will be in the stands. We need every advantage we can get. I do worry about our defense. Their offensive line is mostly new, but Holani will be back who killed us last year. With Bachmeier back and two of their top 3 receivers from last year, I don't think their offense will be much worse than last year. Glad we are playing them the first week so hopefully their inexperienced offensive line will be something we can exploit.

I’d feel a lot better if we had a stronger defensive line.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 3176
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 137 times
Been thanked: 471 times

Re: Week 1

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 1st, 2020, 7:05 pm

Aggiefan160 wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 6:06 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 5:48 pm
Glad no fans will be in the stands. We need every advantage we can get. I do worry about our defense. Their offensive line is mostly new, but Holani will be back who killed us last year. With Bachmeier back and two of their top 3 receivers from last year, I don't think their offense will be much worse than last year. Glad we are playing them the first week so hopefully their inexperienced offensive line will be something we can exploit.

I’d feel a lot better if we had a stronger defensive line.
Yeah a win at Boise would be a bonus this year. Not saying we can't do it, but I don't expect it. 2021 is the year we should have a team in front of a rabid Romney Crowd that should get it done.



slcagg
Posts: 5573
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1006 times
Been thanked: 852 times

Re: Week 1

Post by slcagg » October 1st, 2020, 9:30 pm

So week 1 Boise. Gotta think that is a late kickoff maybe on Friday or Saturday as well.



Aggie84025
Posts: 2399
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 752 times

Re: Week 1

Post by Aggie84025 » October 1st, 2020, 9:36 pm

slcagg wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 9:30 pm
So week 1 Boise. Gotta think that is a late kickoff maybe on Friday or Saturday as well.
Pretty much sure that this will be the late game either ~7ish on Fox or ~8:30 on CBS sports.



slcagg
Posts: 5573
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1006 times
Been thanked: 852 times

Re: Week 1

Post by slcagg » October 1st, 2020, 9:43 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 9:36 pm
slcagg wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 9:30 pm
So week 1 Boise. Gotta think that is a late kickoff maybe on Friday or Saturday as well.
Pretty much sure that this will be the late game either ~7ish on Fox or ~8:30 on CBS sports.
Does fox not have a later time slot? 7 pm would be great.

I wonder if fox has first choice of Boise home games like espn.



Aggie84025
Posts: 2399
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 752 times

Re: Week 1

Post by Aggie84025 » October 1st, 2020, 10:05 pm

slcagg wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 9:43 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 9:36 pm
slcagg wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 9:30 pm
So week 1 Boise. Gotta think that is a late kickoff maybe on Friday or Saturday as well.
Pretty much sure that this will be the late game either ~7ish on Fox or ~8:30 on CBS sports.
Does fox not have a later time slot? 7 pm would be great.

I wonder if fox has first choice of Boise home games like espn.
Somone posted the contract and it seemed like the latest fox games would start was like 7:30.



ususports
Posts: 1533
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 422 times

Re: Week 1

Post by ususports » October 1st, 2020, 10:13 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 10:05 pm
slcagg wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 9:43 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 9:36 pm
slcagg wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 9:30 pm
So week 1 Boise. Gotta think that is a late kickoff maybe on Friday or Saturday as well.
Pretty much sure that this will be the late game either ~7ish on Fox or ~8:30 on CBS sports.
Does fox not have a later time slot? 7 pm would be great.

I wonder if fox has first choice of Boise home games like espn.
Someone posted the contract and it seemed like the latest fox games would start was like 7:30.
It was me. The following is from an article about the TV deal for football:

“ Fox's football kickoff windows are from 11 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. local time for Saturday games and 5:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. for Friday games.

The kickoff windows for CBS are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Fridays.”
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
slcagg



slcagg
Posts: 5573
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1006 times
Been thanked: 852 times

Re: Week 1

Post by slcagg » October 2nd, 2020, 4:22 am

ususports wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 10:13 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 10:05 pm
slcagg wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 9:43 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 9:36 pm
slcagg wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 9:30 pm
So week 1 Boise. Gotta think that is a late kickoff maybe on Friday or Saturday as well.
Pretty much sure that this will be the late game either ~7ish on Fox or ~8:30 on CBS sports.
Does fox not have a later time slot? 7 pm would be great.

I wonder if fox has first choice of Boise home games like espn.
Someone posted the contract and it seemed like the latest fox games would start was like 7:30.
It was me. The following is from an article about the TV deal for football:

“ Fox's football kickoff windows are from 11 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. local time for Saturday games and 5:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. for Friday games.

The kickoff windows for CBS are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Fridays.”
745 then. Thanks.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic