well... &$#@!!!!!!!

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
flying_scotsman2.0

Re: well... &$#@!!!!!!!

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » August 10th, 2020, 9:14 pm

OKAggie wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 5:56 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 5:16 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 5:14 pm
It really sucks for the players.

As for the fans- it’s really disappointing- but we’ll get over it. We would have missed some of our most exciting games for a season without a bowl game even if we went undefeated.

Hopefully we can have something in spring.

And lastly hopefully sports survives.
We will not have anything in spring. That is a line of (I can't express myself without swearing) spun by people that don't want to get yelled at all at one time. We are witnessing a decision that will hurt student athletes, employees, and local businesses. All because these (I can't express myself without swearing) presidents and admins can't solve a minor issue.If there was ever a moment that could spell the end of USU football, it is this one.
Most states will have HS football this fall. The NFL is planning to play. And yet the NCAA conferences couldn't find a way to do it? Utter incompetence.
These are the same geniuses who can’t figure out how to set up a 16-team playoff. What’s we expect, really?
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
blueaggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » August 10th, 2020, 9:17 pm

The one team that may be relieved is CSU considering all of their other issues going on. Going to be a long fall, winter spring and summer.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » August 10th, 2020, 9:49 pm

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » August 10th, 2020, 10:22 pm

After all the crap this board threw at the Kitties for independence dragging them down to the gulf of misery and endless woe and in the end they may actually play football this fall while our season is cancelled. This stinks.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
Aggie19

coolag

Post by coolag » August 10th, 2020, 10:23 pm

Robert Turbins arms would have played through covid without a vaccine.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

Regulator of Class

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » August 10th, 2020, 10:29 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 10:22 pm
After all the crap this board threw at the Kitties for independence dragging them down to the gulf of misery and endless woe and in the end they may actually play football this fall while our season is cancelled. This stinks.
They also don’t have most of their schedule. I looked it up- they play Navy, Houston & North Alabama. I’m not sure North Alabama will have a season.

Plus we just robbed them of a home game. Although I don’t know how buyouts are going to work out.

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » August 10th, 2020, 10:30 pm

coolag wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 10:23 pm
Robert Turbins arms would have played through covid without a vaccine.
I still laugh thinking about the following question/answer posted on this board years ago:

How many push-ups can Robert Turbin do?

Answer: All of them.
These users thanked the author ChowderAggie for the post (total 2):
coolagUSU78

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » August 10th, 2020, 10:35 pm

Hopefully players who wish to return and play next year can get an internship or something this fall. At least get some work experience or take take a class they always wanted to and finally have time for.

For those that are graduating and aren’t able to take an extra year- this really sucks. Most guys might have the nfl in the back of their mind- but the realization that they played their last down of meaningful football has to hurt. Hopefully in 2021 we can get a big senior night with guys returning so that we can show them a proper send off.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
slcagg

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » August 11th, 2020, 12:44 am

Chatman wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 8:27 pm
It’s General Grants fault. The statue needs to come down.
We need to tear Chuckie Keeton's statue down too, once it's built. You know, just in case it's related.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » August 11th, 2020, 6:31 am

slcagg wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 9:49 pm
Interesting article.

https://n.rivals.com/news/mind-of-mike- ... ncellation
If this is all about liability, and players signing waivers isn’t enough to be able to play, then they’ll never be able to play. This virus is here to stay like the flu each year so they could get it next year or the next. Even if there is a vaccine it’ll take 3-5 years of compliant vaccination from a strong majority to start seeing results.

And the argument about a player possibly having an underlying condition that would make them susceptible is pretty weak too. The type of underlying conditions that cause problems with Covid are cardiovascular ones. That risk of an unknown cardiovascular issue is already there with these athletes and we have multiple examples through the years of players dropping dead suddenly due to heart complications. So that hasn’t stopped the NCAA before.

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » August 11th, 2020, 7:04 am

I am incredibly bummed. I told my kids last night and my youngest complained for an hour before going to bed, saying watching Aggie football was one of his favorite things to do with me. Heartbreaking.

As faculty at a school whose athletic department is already $65-100M in the whole, I also wonder what implications this has on already strained university finances.
These users thanked the author jpswensen for the post (total 2):
Sl7vkhipsterdoofus21

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » August 11th, 2020, 7:44 am

jpswensen wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 7:04 am
I am incredibly bummed. I told my kids last night and my youngest complained for an hour before going to bed, saying watching Aggie football was one of his favorite things to do with me. Heartbreaking.

As faculty at a school whose athletic department is already $65-100M in the whole, I also wonder what implications this has on already strained university finances.
My son and I drive up for each home game and stay overnight at the local BW and make it a father son weekend kind of date.
Started doing it in 2016, the miserable 3-9 year. I remember getting tickets to Arkansas State on the 50 yard line West side for 20 bucks a piece that year. And we lost.
Told him yesterday (he's now 12). He held back the emotion and told me he understood.
I'm just so happy we took the time to do it while we could. Nothing is for every and you should take nothing for granted in life.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
Aggie19

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » August 11th, 2020, 7:56 am

Sl7vk wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 7:44 am
jpswensen wrote:

My son and I drive up for each home game and stay overnight at the local BW and make it a father son weekend kind of date.
Started doing it in 2016, the miserable 3-9 year. I remember getting tickets to Arkansas State on the 50 yard line West side for 20 bucks a piece that year. And we lost.
Told him yesterday (he's now 12). He held back the emotion and told me he understood.
I'm just so happy we took the time to do it while we could. Nothing is for every and you should take nothing for granted in life.
My daughter, who is now 16, and I have done this for years as well. I think she is even more bummed than I am. Great memories
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
Sl7vk

Go Aggies!

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » August 11th, 2020, 9:18 am

It was inevitable. I blame Jimmy Carter.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » August 11th, 2020, 9:21 am

jpswensen wrote:

I wonder about all the government emergency funds (if the parties can ever agree on anything) and how those might apply to universities that will be really put in a tough spot as a result of all of this.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » August 11th, 2020, 9:32 am

OKAggie wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 5:56 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 5:16 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 5:14 pm
It really sucks for the players.

As for the fans- it’s really disappointing- but we’ll get over it. We would have missed some of our most exciting games for a season without a bowl game even if we went undefeated.

Hopefully we can have something in spring.

And lastly hopefully sports survives.
We will not have anything in spring. That is a line of (I can't express myself without swearing) spun by people that don't want to get yelled at all at one time. We are witnessing a decision that will hurt student athletes, employees, and local businesses. All because these (I can't express myself without swearing) presidents and admins can't solve a minor issue.If there was ever a moment that could spell the end of USU football, it is this one.
Most states will have HS football this fall. The NFL is planning to play. And yet the NCAA conferences couldn't find a way to do it? Utter incompetence.
Well, thanks a start, especially in an open air setting with fans far removed from the playing field. I believe there are so many unintended consequences with this withdrawal from an established, traditional season sport. Some schools may shut down further fielding of football teams, and stand by for the financial hammer to come down on Title IX and Olympic Sports. Do I hear club sports taking a higher profile?

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » August 11th, 2020, 9:36 am

newhouse9 wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 9:21 am
jpswensen wrote:

I wonder about all the government emergency funds (if the parties can ever agree on anything) and how those might apply to universities that will be really put in a tough spot as a result of all of this.
I know that they are having us track all time and expenses associated with COVID19-specific measures taken. For example, all training on online delivery, online test proctoring, etc. is being collected in spreadsheet in case such a thing happens and more money is allocated.

I know that in the CARES act that there were monies specifically tied to academics, housing, and other refunds, but I think it would take another piece of legislation for it to be used to bail out athletic departments.

I know for a fact that for my fall lab class, we requested funds from the CARES pool allocated to our university so that we can send experiment kits out to each of the students in the class and give them as much of the same hands-on experience that we have come to be known for (and prospective employers expect out of our graduates). It will be a bit different because the kits are only about $50 each, as opposed to the tens of thousands of dollars of equipment in our real instructional lab, but feel it covers the same topics albeit on the cheap.

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » August 11th, 2020, 9:51 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 9:18 am
He is actually a president you can blame for cancelling a major sporting event; at least US participation in that sporting event.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » August 11th, 2020, 12:30 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 9:18 am
that's it, this post is getting moved to the sandbox. :joking:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » August 11th, 2020, 12:33 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 7:58 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 7:49 pm
ViAggie wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 7:39 pm
GeoAg wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 6:38 pm
Thanks Trump
don't forget Obama (something something)
These two posts right here are the reason we are where we are. It's not social media, or players, or the media, or covid, or unions, or compensation, or old people deaths, or (I can't express myself without swearing) unicorns or anything else, its this political (I can't express myself without swearing).
Have you followed ViAggie at all? He is joking as was GeoAggie. People were also joking when they brought up Tim Duryea. These aren't comments to get triggered over, just people having fun.
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUP :rock:
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
Aggie19

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » August 11th, 2020, 12:57 pm

Big 10 just cancelled their season with hopes of playing in the spring. How many more will follow?

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » August 11th, 2020, 1:05 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 12:57 pm
Big 10 just cancelled their season with hopes of playing in the spring. How many more will follow?
Lets schedule Nebraska! They want to play

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » August 11th, 2020, 1:07 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 12:57 pm
All of them.

Locked Previous topicNext topic