99.7% of Notre Dame students tested negative for coronavirus

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Machismo

99.7% of Notre Dame students tested negative for coronavirus

Post by Machismo » August 11th, 2020, 6:39 am

Notre Dame provided football fans who are holding onto hope that college seasons will occur this fall as scheduled amid the coronavirus pandemic with some positive news on Monday.

The school announced that only 33 students out of 11,836 who were tested for COVID-19 returned positive results. Of those tested, 0.28% were positive, while 99.7% provided negative coronavirus results.

Those who tested positive are not allowed on the Notre Dame campus until they are cleared by medical professionals.

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are set to take part in the ACC's 11-game football season and will be eligible to play in the 2020 ACC Football Championship Game if they qualify.

Also on Monday, reports surfaced that the Mountain West joined the Mid-American Conference and postponed football and other fall sports because of the uncontrolled virus outbreak. The Big Ten and Pac-12 could announce the postponements or cancellations of their fall campaigns on Tuesday.

Nebraska coach Scott Frost, Alabama's Nick Saban and President Donald Trump are among those who publicly campaigned for fall football seasons on Monday.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_foot ... 2_32590337
These users thanked the author Machismo for the post (total 2):
slcaggUSU78

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: 99.7% of Notre Dame students tested negative for coronavirus

Post by aggies22 » August 11th, 2020, 8:24 am

Machismo wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 6:39 am
Notre Dame provided football fans who are holding onto hope that college seasons will occur this fall as scheduled amid the coronavirus pandemic with some positive news on Monday.

The school announced that only 33 students out of 11,836 who were tested for COVID-19 returned positive results. Of those tested, 0.28% were positive, while 99.7% provided negative coronavirus results.

Those who tested positive are not allowed on the Notre Dame campus until they are cleared by medical professionals.

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are set to take part in the ACC's 11-game football season and will be eligible to play in the 2020 ACC Football Championship Game if they qualify.

Also on Monday, reports surfaced that the Mountain West joined the Mid-American Conference and postponed football and other fall sports because of the uncontrolled virus outbreak. The Big Ten and Pac-12 could announce the postponements or cancellations of their fall campaigns on Tuesday.

Nebraska coach Scott Frost, Alabama's Nick Saban and President Donald Trump are among those who publicly campaigned for fall football seasons on Monday.

You don't say........

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » August 11th, 2020, 8:42 am

Machismo wrote:

I’m happy to be part of the .3% club :lol:

And I was asymptomatic and honestly question if I was a false positive
These users thanked the author AggieUprising50 for the post:
USU78

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » August 11th, 2020, 9:29 am

Are they going to periodically test all their students?

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

slcagg

Post by slcagg » August 11th, 2020, 9:30 am

AggieUprising50 wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 8:42 am
Machismo wrote:

Glad to hear you are doing well!

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » August 11th, 2020, 10:23 am

ViAggie wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 9:29 am
I know they will when we come back for the second semester. I've heard rumors that the school might do random testing during the semester as well.

They have walk up and drive in testing stations on campus for students who need it. Each day we have to fill out a virtual survey. If we're healthy and not showing any symptoms, we get a green pass which allows us to come onto campus. If someone doesn't get the green pass they have to stay at home until they are cleared by a campus dr or nurse practitioner.

I've been really impressed on how organized the school has been with Covid. They are doing everything they can to keep the school open, but also keep everyone safe and healthy. Everything has been well thought out and planned for. I wish the NCAA would have been as proactive as the admin has been here.

Hope that helps.
These users thanked the author AggieUprising50 for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » August 11th, 2020, 10:24 am

slcagg wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 9:30 am
AggieUprising50 wrote:
Machismo wrote:

Glad to hear you are doing well!
Thank you. I appreciate that

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » August 11th, 2020, 11:39 am

AggieUprising50 wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 10:23 am
ViAggie wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 9:29 am
I know they will when we come back for the second semester. I've heard rumors that the school might do random testing during the semester as well.

They have walk up and drive in testing stations on campus for students who need it. Each day we have to fill out a virtual survey. If we're healthy and not showing any symptoms, we get a green pass which allows us to come onto campus. If someone doesn't get the green pass they have to stay at home until they are cleared by a campus dr or nurse practitioner.

I've been really impressed on how organized the school has been with Covid. They are doing everything they can to keep the school open, but also keep everyone safe and healthy. Everything has been well thought out and planned for. I wish the NCAA would have been as proactive as the admin has been here.

Hope that helps.
That's great until a group of students goes to a bar, picks up Covid, brings it back to campus and spreads it around w/o showing symptoms, eventually exposing every professor he/she has, room mates, et al.

Or they could just stay curled up in a fetal position in their basement :joking:
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
oleblu111

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » August 11th, 2020, 1:14 pm

One of those negatives was my patient. Suck it.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » August 11th, 2020, 2:07 pm

AggieUprising50 wrote:
Machismo wrote:

Doubt it, this thing is the biggest farce of all time.

Where only sage brush grows

Locked Previous topicNext topic