Colombi Transferring

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
OCDAggie

Re: Colombi Transferring

Post by OCDAggie » July 21st, 2020, 7:33 pm

brownjeans wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 3:32 pm
Stop trying to make this about Henry not wanting to complete. Henry leaving isn't about Shelley or competing for the QB job - those are just the things that were the catalyst for the situation.

Henry left because he doesn't trust Andersen.
... and there were several players in the Wells era here that didn't trust him either. Some stayed, some quit, and some transferred.
These users thanked the author OCDAggie for the post:
brownjeans

AggieMan5

Post by AggieMan5 » July 21st, 2020, 9:04 pm

ITRR: Thanks for confirming. I was told you turned down some scholarship offers to transfer to Tech. Who were you hearing from and what made you choose Tech?

Colombi: Some schools I was hearing from was Marshall, Charlotte, Northern Arizona, and West Georgia. I chose to go to Texas Tech because it’s an offense I’m familiar with, coaches I have relationships with, and it is closer to home.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » July 21st, 2020, 9:58 pm

AggieMan5 wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 9:04 pm
ITRR: Thanks for confirming. I was told you turned down some scholarship offers to transfer to Tech. Who were you hearing from and what made you choose Tech?

Colombi: Some schools I was hearing from was Marshall, Charlotte, Northern Arizona, and West Georgia. I chose to go to Texas Tech because it’s an offense I’m familiar with, coaches I have relationships with, and it is closer to home.
Go ahead and look on the 247 transfer list and look at the number of qbs in there. There are a ton.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » July 26th, 2020, 1:07 pm

Henry left town today....
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post:
USU78

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

slcagg

Post by slcagg » July 26th, 2020, 1:36 pm

taniataylor wrote:
July 26th, 2020, 1:07 pm
Henry left town today....
Sad day for him and everyone that knew him I’m sure. Best wishes.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 3):
aggies22JSHarveyUSU78

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » July 26th, 2020, 5:59 pm

Yeah wish him well. It was probably the right decision for Andersen to go with Shelley, but you do feel for a kid who put in that much work believing he would be the guy and the coach decides to go with someone else. Don't fault Andersen at all unless Shelley doesn't turn out to be good.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » July 26th, 2020, 7:03 pm

Best of luck kid

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » July 27th, 2020, 8:51 pm

KissMyAg wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 7:25 pm

Anyways, this is me saying good for him... he transferred to a place he wants to be.
Henry would've preferred to be at Utah State than anywhere else. There's a lot more here than what people realize. Gary Andersen is pulling an Oregon State on us. Stay tuned and you'll see that what I'm saying is true. We've already seen him screw over what was once a great offense in year one.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
taniataylor

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » July 27th, 2020, 8:55 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 8:51 pm
KissMyAg wrote:

Anyways, this is me saying good for him... he transferred to a place he wants to be.
Henry would've preferred to be at Utah State than anywhere else. There's a lot more here than what people realize. Gary Andersen is pulling an Oregon State on us. Stay tuned and you'll see that what I'm saying is true. We've already seen him screw over what was once a great offense in year one.
So elaborate on everything you know if you have inside information. We certainly would like to hear it.

elcheque2

Post by elcheque2 » July 27th, 2020, 9:08 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
KissMyAg wrote:

The sooner the better. We gotta get Jay Hill up in this hizzy like we should have the first time around.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

coolag

Post by coolag » July 27th, 2020, 10:15 pm

You best be droppin this tone in here, bashing Saint Gary is a no no on this fan opinion forum.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Regulator of Class

ususports

Post by ususports » July 27th, 2020, 10:29 pm

coolag wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 10:15 pm
You best be droppin this tone in here, bashing Saint Gary is a no no on this fan opinion forum.
At the end of the day, there is nothing that helps recruiting more than publicly bashing our coach's integrity. Away we go!
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
oleblu111

TrueBlueAggie123

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » July 27th, 2020, 10:54 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
KissMyAg wrote:

I don’t believe that Gary was going to start Shelley no matter what. No sane coach would. If Henry went into fall practice and blew the coaches away, he would’ve started. Scotty G and Hans made a good point a couple weeks ago, GA decided to start a freshman QB at Auburn, when he had Adam Kennedy who was more experienced. GA doesn’t play favorites and if a player is genuinely better, I have no doubts that GA would start them. There’s no reason to say GA is pulling an Oregon State on us, then back it up with 0 evidence.
These users thanked the author TrueBlueAggie123 for the post (total 2):
BustaMcNuttoleblu111

slcagg

Post by slcagg » July 28th, 2020, 5:22 am

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 10:54 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
KissMyAg wrote:

I don’t believe that Gary was going to start Shelley no matter what. No sane coach would. If Henry went into fall practice and blew the coaches away, he would’ve started. Scotty G and Hans made a good point a couple weeks ago, GA decided to start a freshman QB at Auburn, when he had Adam Kennedy who was more experienced. GA doesn’t play favorites and if a player is genuinely better, I have no doubts that GA would start them. There’s no reason to say GA is pulling an Oregon State on us, then back it up with 0 evidence.
Whether true or not it does no good to post on a message board.

We heard similar things about Matt.

The truth is is their are 100 kids on the team, 20 coaches and ga’s etc and so there will always be disgruntled folks. Just going to happen.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » July 28th, 2020, 6:46 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 8:51 pm
KissMyAg wrote:

Spoken like someone that has little, if any, inside information.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post (total 3):
oleblu111AgMactjensen_25

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » July 28th, 2020, 7:31 am

slcagg wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 5:22 am
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
KissMyAg wrote:

The truth is is their are 100 kids on the team, 20 coaches and ga’s etc and so there will always be disgruntled folks. Just going to happen.
This is so true. Throw in the fact that these are super competitive individuals and there are always going to be disgruntled players on a team. Competition is good on a team. So long as the coaches foster competition and play the person who actually won the position battle than I have no problem bringing in additional players to compete.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
oleblu111

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » July 28th, 2020, 11:28 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 7:31 am
slcagg wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
KissMyAg wrote:

This is so true. Throw in the fact that these are super competitive individuals and there are always going to be disgruntled players on a team. Competition is good on a team. So long as the coaches foster competition and play the person who actually won the position battle than I have no problem bringing in additional players to compete.
That is a good post, of course G.A. wanted H.C. to stay and compete for the starter job, any coach wants competition in every room, to bring in Shelley is a choice that I would have made in a heart beat.

Scottie G. and Hans are folks that have inside info, or experience playing the game, good folks to listen, and learn from.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » July 28th, 2020, 12:13 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
KissMyAg wrote:

That is a good post, of course G.A. wanted H.C. to stay and compete for the starter job, any coach wants competition in every room, to bring in Shelley is a choice that I would have made in a heart beat.

Scottie G. and Hans are folks that have inside info, or experience playing the game, good folks to listen, and learn from.
Convenient how you can pick and choose who’s “inside information” you believe.

Hans doesn’t know anything. He spends his day licking the boots of BYU and Utah. Any inside info he has he got from Scotty G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 2):
aggies22AggieFBObsession

coolag

Post by coolag » July 28th, 2020, 12:36 pm

ususports wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 10:29 pm
coolag wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 10:15 pm
At the end of the day, there is nothing that helps recruiting more than publicly bashing our coach's integrity. Away we go!
Tremendous.

Regulator of Class

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » July 28th, 2020, 12:39 pm

These posts have a lot of moxie.

ususports

Post by ususports » July 28th, 2020, 12:52 pm

NVAggie wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 12:39 pm
These posts have a lot of moxie.
and juice

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » July 28th, 2020, 1:16 pm

2004AG wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 12:13 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
KissMyAg wrote:

Hans doesn’t know anything. He spends his day licking the boots of BYU and Utah. Any inside info he has he got from Scotty G.

My inside info comes from being involved as a player. I know what it is like. Also I have a player that visits me on a regular, basis we are good friends. I know what it is like to be recruited.

Of course Hans talks more about BYU and Utah that what the listeners want., that's what sponsors want.

I used Scottie, and Hans as examples because some folks here do not believe what I say, of course I said what they did long ago. You can believe what you want. I'm not going to change your mind which is fine, but it is time for me to move along.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » July 28th, 2020, 1:26 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 1:16 pm
2004AG wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
KissMyAg wrote:

My inside info comes from being involved as a player. I know what it is like. Also I have a player that visits me on a regular, basis we are good friends. I know what it is like to be recruited.

Of course Hans talks more about BYU and Utah that what the listeners want., that's what sponsors want.

I used Scottie, and Hans as examples because some folks here do not believe what I say, of course I said what they did long ago. You can believe what you want. I'm not going to change your mind which is fine, but it is time for me to move along.
As I've said before, I'd like to talk with you sometime my Aggie brother!

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » July 28th, 2020, 1:38 pm

aggies22 wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 1:26 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
KissMyAg wrote:

It would be fun to talk one on one with you, if we have a season we will meet at the stadium. My chemo treatments are making contact with others kind of out of bounds, with the virus and all. I really look forward to the conversation.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » July 28th, 2020, 1:41 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 1:38 pm
aggies22 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
KissMyAg wrote:

It would be fun to talk one on one with you, if we have a season we will meet at the stadium. My chemo treatments are making contact with others kind of out of bounds, with the virus and all. I really look forward to the conversation.
I had no idea. I'm sorry to hear that! I wish you a speedy recovery so we can have that conversation my Aggie brother!!

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » July 28th, 2020, 1:46 pm

aggies22 wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 1:41 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
KissMyAg wrote:

I had no idea. I'm sorry to hear that! I wish you a speedy recovery so we can have that conversation my Aggie brother!!
Thanks. the treatments are working, and I feel damn good
These users thanked the author oleblu111 for the post (total 4):
slcaggAggie19aggies22AZ4AggieNation

slcagg

Post by slcagg » July 28th, 2020, 1:55 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 1:46 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 1:41 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
2004AG wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
Aggie84025 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
KissMyAg wrote:

Thanks. the treatments are working, and I feel damn good
Great to hear!

ususports

Post by ususports » July 28th, 2020, 2:06 pm

2004AG wrote:

I don't want to get in the middle of an argument between you and oleblu, but the reality is you have to take bits and pieces of many "inside sources" to get a full story. Hypothetically speaking, if Aggies22 talks directly to HC, and Scotty G talks to Gary, and some other poster talks to HC's dad, and some other poster talks to a relative of an assistant coach, each person who claims to have "inside" information actually does to some extent, but they are each going to provide very different stories, and in many cases, conflicting information. I think many on this board are picking and choosing only one side of the story, which may have some truth to it, but probably ignores other important information.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
oleblu111

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » July 28th, 2020, 2:43 pm

My inside information is that Columbi is gone. Gone to a school where he will be 3rd string. There is nothing I or any of us
can do about it.

So I have moved on, and at this point don't care about HC, his dad, or how TT does this year (if there is a season).
In other words, I decided to get a life......(at the age of 71, soon to be 72.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post (total 2):
NVAggieoleblu111

Machismo

Post by Machismo » July 28th, 2020, 3:25 pm

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » July 28th, 2020, 3:36 pm

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » July 28th, 2020, 3:41 pm

ususports wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 2:06 pm
2004AG wrote:

I don't want to get in the middle of an argument between you and oleblu, but the reality is you have to take bits and pieces of many "inside sources" to get a full story. Hypothetically speaking, if Aggies22 talks directly to HC, and Scotty G talks to Gary, and some other poster talks to HC's dad, and some other poster talks to a relative of an assistant coach, each person who claims to have "inside" information actually does to some extent, but they are each going to provide very different stories, and in many cases, conflicting information. I think many on this board are picking and choosing only one side of the story, which may have some truth to it, but probably ignores other important information.
Fair enough. :cheers:

elcheque2

Post by elcheque2 » October 3rd, 2020, 4:30 pm

elcheque2 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:57 pm
Colombi is going to light it up at some P5 school. This was a complete bungle by Gary.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Columbi is g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o currently light(ing) it up at some P5 school. t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ Still a complete bungle by Gary.
These users thanked the author elcheque2 for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » October 3rd, 2020, 4:44 pm

Colombi has completed 10 straight passes in the 4th quarter on the road in a game with fans in his effort to lead Texas Tech in a comeback win.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
AggieFBObsession

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » October 3rd, 2020, 4:45 pm

He's playing pretty well.

And then he threw an absolutely inexcusable interception

Locked Previous topicNext topic