Colombi Transferring

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
LarryTheAggie

Re: Colombi Transferring

Post by LarryTheAggie » July 16th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Yossarian wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 1:21 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 12:36 pm
aggieman2828 wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 12:27 pm
If Shelley was as good a QB as some seem to think, he would still be a QB at Utah.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Utah is better than us. There, I said it.
Furthermore, Kyle has a history of moving his best athletes to Defense.
I wouldn't say Utah's QBs have been better than ours.
I am not sure if Utahs QBs sucking is as much a talent level thing as it is a coaching and scheme thing. I am not sure but it has always seemed to me that Utah recruits talented QBs(Higher stars) that always suck. USU gets less talented QBs(lower stars) but they seem to be better. Is that talent or is is coaching.

I really don't know... :headscratch:

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » July 16th, 2020, 2:33 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 1:34 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
aggieman2828 wrote:
If Shelley was as good a QB as some seem to think, he would still be a QB at Utah.

I am not sure if Utahs QBs sucking is as much a talent level thing as it is a coaching and scheme thing. I am not sure but it has always seemed to me that Utah recruits talented QBs(Higher stars) that always suck. USU gets less talented QBs(lower stars) but they seem to be better. Is that talent or is is coaching.

Whether it's the players or the coaching, the results are undeniable. The QB position for UofU has been average to poor. Adopting the UofU QB approach is not something I want for USU.
UofU would have a PAC12 championship or two if they could get positive results from the QB position. It's not been a strength for them - quite the opposite.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » July 16th, 2020, 2:50 pm

aggieman2828 wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 9:53 am
bluegrouse wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 8:33 am
I freaking love Henry Colombi and this hurts me a lot. Read the thread title last night at 8, and just tossed my phone down, didn't go any further.
Super bummed about this, how it went down and everything else.
I think objectively though, Shelley is better than Henry right now, and certainly for our type of offense. He was very effective as a freshman in the PAC-12, and he's going to cause a lot of problems for MW defenses with his mobility this year.
His ability to run coupled with a much improved offensive line is going to be tons of fun to watch (if there is something to watch this year).
I was a 100% Henry Colombi guy, and now I'm a 100% Jason Shelley guy.
Lets f'ing go!

If he was very effective in the P12, why was he demoted and then pushed out of his position?
This! If Shelley is so good why was he moved to defense? Is a guy that couldn't even make it on the QB depth chart at Utah supposed to be a starter for the Aggies?? He started 5 games his freshman year. They knew what they had and it wasn't a QB. This is crazy and it is going to sting for a long time.

That is why it looks to me like we brought in Shelly as Columbi’s backup, because the others are a ways away from Columbi. I haven’t seen anything yet from the coaches that they were bringing in Shelley as the starter. Maybe HC is the one to not be upset, but Peasley, Legas and Calvin should have been the ones to be upset. Has anyone heard any kind of word from GA on this matter?

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » July 16th, 2020, 3:07 pm

brownjeans wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 2:33 pm
LarryTheAggie wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 1:34 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
aggieman2828 wrote:

Whether it's the players or the coaching, the results are undeniable. The QB position for UofU has been average to poor. Adopting the UofU QB approach is not something I want for USU.
UofU would have a PAC12 championship or two if they could get positive results from the QB position. It's not been a strength for them - quite the opposite.
EXACTLY. Tired of seeing so many Ute fans boast on twitter of how great Shelley will be since he’ll be playing in the lowly MWC after playing in the great, glorious PAC 12 south division. The QB position was the only position stopping them from taking that next step.
These users thanked the author SwaggieAggie for the post:
Full

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » July 16th, 2020, 3:11 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 2:50 pm
aggieman2828 wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
I freaking love Henry Colombi and this hurts me a lot. Read the thread title last night at 8, and just tossed my phone down, didn't go any further.
I think objectively though, Shelley is better than Henry right now, and certainly for our type of offense. He was very effective as a freshman in the PAC-12, and he's going to cause a lot of problems for MW defenses with his mobility this year.
His ability to run coupled with a much improved offensive line is going to be tons of fun to watch (if there is something to watch this year).
Lets f'ing go!

If he was very effective in the P12, why was he demoted and then pushed out of his position?
This! If Shelley is so good why was he moved to defense? Is a guy that couldn't even make it on the QB depth chart at Utah supposed to be a starter for the Aggies?? He started 5 games his freshman year. They knew what they had and it wasn't a QB. This is crazy and it is going to sting for a long time.

That is why it looks to me like we brought in Shelly as Columbi’s backup, because the others are a ways away from Columbi. I haven’t seen anything yet from the coaches that they were bringing in Shelley as the starter. Maybe HC is the one to not be upset, but Peasley, Legas and Calvin should have been the ones to be upset. Has anyone heard any kind of word from GA on this matter?
https://1280thezone.com/usu-head-coach- ... certainty/

tetonaggie

Post by tetonaggie » July 16th, 2020, 3:13 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
aggieman2828 wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
Lets f'ing go!

GA was interviewed on 1280 this morning and stuck with that exact narrative, that you never stop recruiting and you’re always going to bring in the best talent available, in this case to push the competition and HC then made the decision to leave. I want to believe this is how it went down...so I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author tetonaggie for the post:
oleblu111

thegreendalegelf

Post by thegreendalegelf » July 16th, 2020, 3:28 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
aggieman2828 wrote:

Outside of healthy Chuckie and 2018 Jordan, I think they have. They also have a much deeper QB room. They also brought in two QBs that we would give our left nut for.
These users thanked the author thegreendalegelf for the post (total 3):
Sl7vkaggies22WillCut72

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » July 16th, 2020, 3:29 pm

thegreendalegelf wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 3:28 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
aggieman2828 wrote:

Outside of healthy Chuckie and 2018 Jordan, I think they have. They also have a much deeper QB room. They also brought in two QBs that we would give our left nut for.
I would never give my left nut for a QB..... :lol:
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 5):
aggies22BustaMcNuttAggieArmyFloridaAggie13newtonianblue

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

ususports

Post by ususports » July 16th, 2020, 3:38 pm

taniataylor wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 3:29 pm
thegreendalegelf wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
aggieman2828 wrote:

Being a man of integrity, I save both of my nuts exclusively for my wife. However, if I were to give one up, I think I would have to go with the right.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » July 16th, 2020, 3:42 pm

ususports wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 3:38 pm
taniataylor wrote:
thegreendalegelf wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
aggieman2828 wrote:

Being a man of integrity, I save both of my nuts exclusively for my wife. However, if I were to give one up, I think I would have to go with the right.
That's an unconventional choice. Typically most men are willing to part with the left one. :)
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
AggieArmy

slcagg

Post by slcagg » July 16th, 2020, 3:43 pm

ususports wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
thegreendalegelf wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
aggieman2828 wrote:

I’m sure your wife would be fine with you donating one of them.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » July 16th, 2020, 3:43 pm

taniataylor wrote:
thegreendalegelf wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
aggieman2828 wrote:

Uh

Donman

Post by Donman » July 16th, 2020, 3:59 pm

While I am disappointed to lose Colombi.

I think the majority would have been deeply disappointed if we had a chance to get a P5 QB and passed.

Let's say Colombi struggled out of the gate, we would be calling for Gary's head. So I can appreciate why they took a chance.

Also, keep in mind that while Colombi was loyal I still remember his dad in the middle of a game Love was struggling tweeting "Pull the Redshirt".

Best of luck to Colombi. I can understand why he was hurt, but I can understand why the coaches made the decisions they made. Ultimately Colombi decided he didn't want to compete.

So away we go.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » July 16th, 2020, 4:34 pm

Donman wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 3:59 pm

I think the majority would have been deeply disappointed if we had a chance to get a P5 QB and passed.

Let's say Colombi struggled out of the gate, we would be calling for Gary's head. So I can appreciate why they took a chance.

Also, keep in mind that while Colombi was loyal I still remember his dad in the middle of a game Love was struggling tweeting "Pull the Redshirt".

Best of luck to Colombi. I can understand why he was hurt, but I can understand why the coaches made the decisions they made. Ultimately Colombi decided he didn't want to compete.

So away we go.
Ultimately Colombi decided he didn't want to compete.
Its like people think repeating something over and over and over will make it true.....or repeating something over and over and over lessens the sting of losing HC.

HC was lied to by the coaching staff and Gary waited until camp was two weeks ago to bring in a new player.

Its really naïve to think Shelley came here without assurances from Gary that the job would be his. It was never going to be a fair fight, and that's why he left, not because he was afraid of competing.
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 4):
taniataylorFloridaAggie13cdaAgAndroidAggie

Donman

Post by Donman » July 16th, 2020, 4:36 pm

2004AG wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 4:34 pm
Donman wrote:

So away we go.
Its like people think repeating something over and over and over will make it true.....or repeating something over and over and over lessens the sting of losing HC.

HC was lied to by the coaching staff and Gary waited until camp was two weeks ago to bring in a new player.

Its really naïve to think Shelley came here without assurances from Gary that the job would be his. It was never going to be a fair fight, and that's why he left, not because he was afraid of competing.
I love speculation that we have no clue what happened but if promises were made, why?
These users thanked the author Donman for the post:
oleblu111

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » July 16th, 2020, 4:39 pm

Donman wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 4:36 pm
2004AG wrote:
Donman wrote:

So away we go.

I love speculation that we have no clue what happened but if promises were made, why?
That's not true. There are posters on here that have inside connections and have said what happened....unless you you think aggies22, JCP and others are liars or are wrong, which I guess is theoretically possible, but I wouldn't bet against them.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » July 16th, 2020, 5:08 pm

2004AG wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 4:39 pm
Donman wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 4:36 pm
2004AG wrote:
Donman wrote:

So away we go.

That's not true. There are posters on here that have inside connections and have said what happened....unless you you think aggies22, JCP and others are liars or are wrong, which I guess is theoretically possible, but I wouldn't bet against them.
I can't speak for the others but I wouldn't bet against me.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
sstrasserMachismo

Agsman

Post by Agsman » July 16th, 2020, 5:24 pm

Didn't Shelley enter the transfer portal back in Feb? If he did, why did it take so long for him to land here? Was his landing here contingent on being immediately eligible?

To me, Shelley coming in so late feels like Gary throwing him an opportunity to compete for a QB position as an effort to keep Shelley's QB hopes open. But this is all completely speculative.

Any chance Colombi changes his mind and stays? I really wanted to see what the offense could do under him this year.

Ugh, 2020 can suck itself.

Sent from some tractor on some farm...

coolag

Post by coolag » July 16th, 2020, 5:33 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
aggieman2828 wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
Lets f'ing go!

Well at the end of the day.....

Regulator of Class

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » July 16th, 2020, 5:37 pm

Aglicious wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 3:11 pm
mcaggie1 wrote:
aggieman2828 wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
Lets f'ing go!

https://1280thezone.com/usu-head-coach- ... certainty/
Thanks. I had missed that. I think I feel better.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » July 16th, 2020, 5:57 pm

Agsman wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 5:24 pm
Didn't Shelley enter the transfer portal back in Feb? If he did, why did it take so long for him to land here? Was his landing here contingent on being immediately eligible?

To me, Shelley coming in so late feels like Gary throwing him an opportunity to compete for a QB position as an effort to keep Shelley's QB hopes open. But this is all completely speculative.

Any chance Colombi changes his mind and stays? I really wanted to see what the offense could do under him this year.

Ugh, 2020 can suck itself.

Sent from some tractor on some farm...
Jason Shelley coming here was 100% contingent on him gaining immediate eligibility.

There is absolutely ZERO chance that Henry Colombi reconsiders and stays at Utah State.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » July 16th, 2020, 6:02 pm

2004AG wrote:
I find these statements ridiculous. I have no doubt GA said a lot of stuff to HC, perhaps in an attempt to keep him at USU. Perhaps those conversations misled HC. Perhaps he kept information from him. But to say he lied to him? Please let me know which of the following you believe took place:

1. GA told HC that no matter what happened, HC would be the starting QB for the Aggies in 2020. No further competition necessary. Wouldn't matter if HC struggled with the new offense. Wouldn't matter if Peasley picked up the offense and had an unbelievable showing in fall camp. No matter what, HC would be the starter. Yeah, I'm sure GA said that. He talks all the time about kids not needing to compete for their spot.

2. GA told HC that he would not bring on a transfer QB under any circumstances. Knowing that we would be one hit away from relying on an inexperienced underclassman (very limited mop up time) coming off of ACL surgery, or a freshman with no experience at all, GA felt comfortable stating that he wouldn't consider bringing in a transfer QB. Makes sense.

3. GA told HC that USUFans can rationally analyze a situation.

If none of the above, please fill us in on exactly what lies GA told HC.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post:
oleblu111

ususports

Post by ususports » July 16th, 2020, 6:21 pm

I apologize in advance for the long post. I want to very careful how this comes across, so I am leaving out all of my normal sexual innuendos, right or left testicle donation comments, and penis size jokes. Next, I really appreciate what aggies22 and many other insiders bring to this board, so I am in no way questioning their insight and honesty. They really bring life to this message board, and keep things very interesting. Last, I am in no way defending Gary, as I really feel like he should have had better communication with Colombi during this process. I want it clear that I am more on HC's side than Gary's side (if I had to pick), but I also want to demonstrate that there are so many ways miscommunications happen between two good hearted people, and both sides of the equation feel they are in the right. I will use a couple of hypothetical examples, and even if the insiders know that my hypothetical examples don't apply to this specific situation, it still illustrates the point that both sides of the story have reason to believe they handled things correctly while the opposite side does not.

The first example is: It has been said that Gary told HC that he would be the starter in spring. In Gary's mind, he probably said that based on who we had in the system at the time not expecting that to change. Gary consistently says in his interviews that he is always recruiting, and even aggies22 has mentioned multiple times on this board that we try to save a few extra scholarships for last minute grad transfers that unexpectedly become available. That alone should register with players to know that their positions are not locked in and safe. So Shelley gets cleared to have immediate availability, and Gary offers him a scholarship (going along with the public plan that he communicates to everyone). In Gary's mind, even though they are two separate conversations, he is thinking that he always tells his players that we have extra scholarships to offer, so no one should be caught off guard if I bring someone in last minute. Not to mention that everyone on this board says that players, coaches, and recruits all read our insightful comments here, so all players have been warned that we have extra scholarships (couldn't leave that important detail out). Anyway, Gary is thinking HC knows I could bring in someone at any time, and HC is latching on to the comment that Gary told him back in March or April that he would be the starter, and both sides are technically right.

Next, aggies22 said that Coach Reeder had nothing to do with this, but that could mean so many things. Does that mean that he went to Gary and said he was completely opposed to this idea, it will destroy the locker room and cause a horrible situation, and continued to beg and plead for Gary to not do anything with Shelley, but then Gary did it anyway? If that is not the scenario, then in my opinion, Reeder indirectly participated. If Reeder gave his private approval to do it, but said, I want know part in this, so he didn't physically participate in visits and direct communication with Shelley, he can technically say he didn't participate, but he kind of did. The point is, even with insider information that is truthfully shared, we still don't know all of the details, nor do we have the full picture, even if we think we do.

Last, while I do feel bad for HC and his dad, I would also like to point out that they are going to put some other QB in the exact same situation and not think twice about it. I realize that some on this board will say, but Gary put him in the crappy situation, so he had to do it, and that is partially true. However, we all know that HC and his dad are going to want to get some assurance from the future head coach that Henry will have a chance to start before he signs with any team, and that coach is probably going to give it to him. Not to mention, that coach has probably already communicated to the existing QBs who will likely be the starter. Then all of the sudden, HC will sign on and create the exact same controversy, and I can bet that HC and his dad will not feel any guilt for putting that QB in a crappy situation.

As I said at the beginning, I am not trying to take sides, and even said that if I had to pick a side, I feel for HC. I just wanted to point out how many variables can go into each conversation and each person feels like they are handling it to the best of their ability, and there are bits and pieces of truth on both sides. One last reminder, I acknowledged already that my hypothetical examples might not apply in this situation, and Gary really may be a complete liar, but getting into any of those details is not the intent of this post. Carry on, and go Aggies!
These users thanked the author ususports for the post (total 4):
aggies22jeffdan25oleblu111frogman812

BeNo

Post by BeNo » July 16th, 2020, 6:30 pm

my major concern with all of this is team chemistry. reshuffling 45 days from first game is not wise imo.
These users thanked the author BeNo for the post (total 2):
aggies22AZ4AggieNation

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » July 16th, 2020, 7:12 pm

It’s not like Shelley just entered the portal a week ago and was suddenly too good to pass up. He’s been in the portal since February. So Gary’s probably been interested in landing him since at least then knowing he would bring him in if/when he got his year of eligibility back. So if he’s been leading Columbi along and telling him he’s the guy all while knowing other things were in the works to bring in his own guy and then springs it on everyone just 6 weeks before the season, I can see why Columbi would no longer trust him or belief he would get a fair shake.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » July 16th, 2020, 7:25 pm

BeNo wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 6:30 pm
my major concern with all of this is team chemistry. reshuffling 45 days from first game is not wise imo.
Good news (actually it's terrible): the first game is not 45 days away anymore.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » July 16th, 2020, 7:44 pm

AgMac wrote:
2004AG wrote:
I find these statements ridiculous. I have no doubt GA said a lot of stuff to HC, perhaps in an attempt to keep him at USU. Perhaps those conversations misled HC. Perhaps he kept information from him. But to say he lied to him? Please let me know which of the following you believe took place:

1. GA told HC that no matter what happened, HC would be the starting QB for the Aggies in 2020. No further competition necessary. Wouldn't matter if HC struggled with the new offense. Wouldn't matter if Peasley picked up the offense and had an unbelievable showing in fall camp. No matter what, HC would be the starter. Yeah, I'm sure GA said that. He talks all the time about kids not needing to compete for their spot.

2. GA told HC that he would not bring on a transfer QB under any circumstances. Knowing that we would be one hit away from relying on an inexperienced underclassman (very limited mop up time) coming off of ACL surgery, or a freshman with no experience at all, GA felt comfortable stating that he wouldn't consider bringing in a transfer QB. Makes sense.

3. GA told HC that USUFans can rationally analyze a situation.

If none of the above, please fill us in on exactly what lies GA told HC.
“Misled”.....”lied” whatever word you want to use. That’s just arguing semantics. The result is the same.

cbingham

Post by cbingham » July 16th, 2020, 7:50 pm

2004AG wrote:
Donman wrote:

So away we go.

Stop being so naive. This is a big boy and big money sport. Promises in any type of business are real unless a better option comes along. Thats why attorneys and contracts were invented. Moves like this happen all the time at a bunch of programs...amused that so many Aggie Fans are just waking up to this reality.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » July 16th, 2020, 8:00 pm

Coaches are always recruiting. It would be one thing if henri was a veteran starter and then the coach brings in competition right before camp. Truth is HC is unproven although i think he can be good. I wish he would have stayed and had a good competition for starter, but too bad it didnt turn out that way.

MalAgua

Post by MalAgua » July 16th, 2020, 8:16 pm

tetonaggie wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 3:13 pm
mcaggie1 wrote:
aggieman2828 wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
Lets f'ing go!

GA was interviewed on 1280 this morning and stuck with that exact narrative, that you never stop recruiting and you’re always going to bring in the best talent available, in this case to push the competition and HC then made the decision to leave. I want to believe this is how it went down...so I will.

And so it goes with God.

sammyhagar

Post by sammyhagar » July 17th, 2020, 9:10 am

slcagg wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 3:43 pm
ususports wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
thegreendalegelf wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
aggieman2828 wrote:

I’m sure your wife would be fine with you donating one of them.
Trust me, my ex-wife go both of mine , pretty sure of that

BobWilson

Post by BobWilson » July 17th, 2020, 9:31 am

I must confess as to not reading every post on this subject carefully. If my wild speculation here has been discussed - my sincere apology.

Is there a possibility that Colombi said to himself, "At best we are going to be mediocre this year, I wonder if I could find a spot on a team a step or two up the FB ladder, like Texas Tech, coached by Matt Wells and David Yost?" That thought along with possible concern about GA and the new OC might have been the reason for the Colombi transfer. Then GA simply went looking for another QB.

Arguing against this hypotheses, however, is that fact that it was first announced that Shelley was coming and then that Colombi was leaving.

Whatever the "cause", let's hope that is all works out for the players, the coaches and the teams.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » July 17th, 2020, 9:40 am

BobWilson wrote:I must confess as to not reading every post on this subject carefully. If my wild speculation here has been discussed - my sincere apology.

Is there a possibility that Colombi said to himself, "At best we are going to be mediocre this year, I wonder if I could find a spot on a team a step or two up the FB ladder, like Texas Tech, coached by Matt Wells and David Yost?" That thought along with possible concern about GA and the new OC might have been the reason for the Colombi transfer. Then GA simply went looking for another QB.

Arguing against this hypotheses, however, is that fact that it was first announced that Shelley was coming and then that Colombi was leaving.

Whatever the "cause", let's hope that is all works out for the players, the coaches and the teams.
No. That’s not a possibility.

These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
aggies22

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » July 17th, 2020, 11:26 am

I have never know of a Head coach telling a player you will be my starter next season. First of all there is no reason to tell anyone that. Second I have never known of a player asking that question.

Every transfer we bring in has the chance to beat out a kid already in the program. Henry will have a chance to beat out someone that has been in the program when a he lands at another school.

Marcus Moore could beat out a kid already on the team, how is that any different that what Henry faced ?

ususports

Post by ususports » July 17th, 2020, 11:44 am

oleblu111 wrote:
July 17th, 2020, 11:26 am
I have never know of a Head coach telling a player you will be my starter next season. First of all there is no reason to tell anyone that. Second I have never known of a player asking that question.

Every transfer we bring in has the chance to beat out a kid already in the program. Henry will have a chance to beat out someone that has been in the program when a he lands at another school.

Marcus Moore could beat out a kid already on the team, how is that any different that what Henry faced ?
In theory, I think most on this board agree that competition is normal, and players do recognize that any recruit could unexpectedly come in and take their place. I think the big difference is that in most other positions, there are multiple players that get playing time with rotation. If one player earns the starting role at running back, corner, wide receiver, etc., there is still quite a bit of meaningful playing time available for the 2nd string in those positions. However, if you lose the QB battle, the only time you get playing time as a 2nd string player, is if the starting QB gets hurt, or mop up time in a blowout. That is a pretty big difference. For me, I don't have a problem with Gary going and getting another QB. I just think not being open about it with HC is where the big mistake was from a morale issue.

Locked Previous topicNext topic