New QB transfer?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Donman
Posts: 2558
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 9:49 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by Donman » July 15th, 2020, 3:38 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:31 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:25 pm
hvaggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:16 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:00 pm
As the day has progressed, I will say this. A QB has not left the team, yet.
A QB has not left the team, but a different position player has?
No. Let's not let our imaginations run wild. The topic of the thread is QBs, let's keep it that way my Aggie brother.
HOLY CRAP, HARTWELL IS GONE?
CHOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOO



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9693
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4982 times
Been thanked: 2966 times
Contact:

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by aggies22 » July 15th, 2020, 3:38 pm

Donman wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:38 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:31 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:25 pm
hvaggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:16 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:00 pm
As the day has progressed, I will say this. A QB has not left the team, yet.
A QB has not left the team, but a different position player has?
No. Let's not let our imaginations run wild. The topic of the thread is QBs, let's keep it that way my Aggie brother.
HOLY CRAP, HARTWELL IS GONE?
CHOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOO
This thread has officially gone south. Haha! Thanks for the laugh my Aggie brothers!



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 6404
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 340 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by 2004AG » July 15th, 2020, 3:42 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:34 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:10 pm
aggies22 wrote:As the day has progressed, I will say this. A QB has not left the team, yet.
As long as Colombi feels he’s getting a fair shot to compete I believe he will stick around. He isn’t afraid to compete as long as the competition is a fair one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why would he feel that he would not get a fair shot ?

We need to understand that everyone, will get a shot, and the coach's will decide which player gives them the best chance for success. If they fail to do that then they will fail to keep their jobs. If you fail to sign a kid that has good experience at a higher level then you are a fool.

If Henry believes that he can not beat out Shelley than he needs to look at moving on, if his goal is to be a starting Q.B.

Imagine if Henru left, and SUU had a chance to sign him should they do it even if they have a kid that has been waiting two years to get a chance to start ? That is what some of you expect our staff to do.
Don't be so naive.



User avatar
ShowMeAggie
Posts: 609
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:43 am
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by ShowMeAggie » July 15th, 2020, 3:53 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:31 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:25 pm
hvaggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:16 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:00 pm
As the day has progressed, I will say this. A QB has not left the team, yet.
A QB has not left the team, but a different position player has?
No. Let's not let our imaginations run wild. The topic of the thread is QBs, let's keep it that way my Aggie brother.
HOLY CRAP, HARTWELL IS GONE?
I heard he couldn't keep his grades up...
These users thanked the author ShowMeAggie for the post:
AggiePT



slcagg
Posts: 4961
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 750 times
Been thanked: 674 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by slcagg » July 15th, 2020, 3:58 pm

ShowMeAggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:53 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:31 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:25 pm
hvaggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:16 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:00 pm
As the day has progressed, I will say this. A QB has not left the team, yet.
A QB has not left the team, but a different position player has?
No. Let's not let our imaginations run wild. The topic of the thread is QBs, let's keep it that way my Aggie brother.
HOLY CRAP, HARTWELL IS GONE?
I heard he couldn't keep his grades up...
He quit-a huh?



User avatar
ShowMeAggie
Posts: 609
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:43 am
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by ShowMeAggie » July 15th, 2020, 4:01 pm

slcagg wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:58 pm
ShowMeAggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:53 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:31 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:25 pm
hvaggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:16 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:00 pm
As the day has progressed, I will say this. A QB has not left the team, yet.
A QB has not left the team, but a different position player has?
No. Let's not let our imaginations run wild. The topic of the thread is QBs, let's keep it that way my Aggie brother.
HOLY CRAP, HARTWELL IS GONE?
I heard he couldn't keep his grades up...
He quit-a huh?
or maybe it was that he didn't get the shoes he wanted. (I can't express myself without swearing), i don't know...
These users thanked the author ShowMeAggie for the post:
slcagg



Aggie19
Posts: 664
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 454 times
Been thanked: 322 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by Aggie19 » July 15th, 2020, 4:02 pm

slcagg wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:58 pm
ShowMeAggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:53 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:31 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:25 pm
hvaggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:16 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 3:00 pm
As the day has progressed, I will say this. A QB has not left the team, yet.
A QB has not left the team, but a different position player has?
No. Let's not let our imaginations run wild. The topic of the thread is QBs, let's keep it that way my Aggie brother.
HOLY CRAP, HARTWELL IS GONE?
I heard he couldn't keep his grades up...
He quit-a huh?
I thought he got caught hiding in a closet cuz someone smoked weed.
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
oleblu111


Go Aggies!

User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5318
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 451 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by Aglicious » July 15th, 2020, 4:36 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 10:31 am
Guys GA wants a running QB, I was told early on not to be shocked if Peasly end up being the starter.
Peasley certainly meets the runner part of that equation, but there isn't any proof that he is even serviceable at the remainder of the QB duties. Colombi may not have the straight line speed of Peasley but he can certainly run and he's proven to be able to handle the rest of the QB duties quite well so I'm not sure what this coaching staff would be looking at if they haven't recognized this by now and truly do hold the position you propose.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 2):
BustaMcNuttaggies22



SasquatchAggie
Posts: 153
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by SasquatchAggie » July 15th, 2020, 4:47 pm

NCAAF Nation reporting that Colombi's name is in the transfer portal.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9693
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4982 times
Been thanked: 2966 times
Contact:

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by aggies22 » July 15th, 2020, 4:49 pm

He's gone. 100%. Source level 20.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
AggiePTIntermeddler



JonnyCienPesos
Posts: 2332
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 154 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by JonnyCienPesos » July 15th, 2020, 4:49 pm

aggies22 wrote:He's gone.
Now we know how those conversations went.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post:
aggies22


I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

slcagg
Posts: 4961
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 750 times
Been thanked: 674 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by slcagg » July 15th, 2020, 4:52 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 4:49 pm
aggies22 wrote:He's gone.
Now we know how those conversations went.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What conversations?



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12718
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 588 times
Been thanked: 699 times
Contact:

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by ProvoAggie » July 15th, 2020, 4:55 pm




Intermeddler
Posts: 2023
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 191 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by Intermeddler » July 15th, 2020, 4:57 pm

Aglicious wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 4:36 pm
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 10:31 am
Guys GA wants a running QB, I was told early on not to be shocked if Peasly end up being the starter.
Peasley certainly meets the runner part of that equation, but there isn't any proof that he is even serviceable at the remainder of the QB duties. Colombi may not have the straight line speed of Peasley but he can certainly run and he's proven to be able to handle the rest of the QB duties quite well so I'm not sure what this coaching staff would be looking at if they haven't recognized this by now and truly do hold the position you propose.
In addition to what I heard several weeks ago about Shelly and Colombi, I have heard over the last year or so that the staff was never as high on Colombi as maybe everyone assumed but they were really high on Peasley. It wouldn't surprise me if Shelly starts this year and Peasley next year. Legas will play safety. Not sure where Calvin fits in the mix.



AggiePT
Posts: 96
Joined: August 7th, 2019, 1:41 pm
Has thanked: 193 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by AggiePT » July 15th, 2020, 4:57 pm

Time will tell, but as of right now I am sorely disappointed in the coaching staff for this move. But again, time will tell.



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5318
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 451 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by Aglicious » July 15th, 2020, 4:58 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 1:04 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 12:50 pm
I'll cheer for the dude taking snaps whoever it is, but my bigger concern is that things like this can create problems in the locker room. I don't want it to tear the team apart. I think a lot of it has to do with how things have been communicated to the kids and if they feel the coaches are being fair and honest. If expectations were set and now are being reversed, trust is lost and I could see a kid or two jumping ship over it.
Any kid on a FBS football team that thinks the coach's should leave out a quality player, because it may make someone feel bad, is a good reason why they are not successful. I want the best players on the field at all times. Coach's get fired if they do not do that very thing. If a coach tells a player that he will be a starter then IMHO he has made a mistake. To say it is your job to lose is a better route.

If Henry is better than Shelly he will start.
It's disingenuous to think there is not more at play with this move though. Shelley is not some QB from a random P5 program. He is coming in from a school that GA has not only a connection to but he has already established with this team that he values transfers from there. He has shown to every guy in that locker room that if he can pull a guy from Utah, they will get significant PT as an Aggie. There is a psychological element to this whole thing that can't be denied. GA can't speak out one side of his mouth about developing young men and being a player development program while at the same time secretly working to draw players from his precious Ute pipeline to be starters for his current team. He can hide behind the notion of "wanting the best players on the team" but he can't deny that it's also undermining to the program and to the kids that committed to USU from day 1.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 8):
AggiePTNaked Bull Rideraggieguy132004AGShowMeAggieaggies223rdGenAggiesam tingey



User avatar
Naked Bull Rider
Posts: 432
Joined: July 10th, 2015, 11:15 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by Naked Bull Rider » July 15th, 2020, 5:02 pm

Question for 22-

Did we bring in Shelley because we knew we were going to lose Colombi, or did we lose Colombi because we brought in Shelley?
These users thanked the author Naked Bull Rider for the post:
USUMAE



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5318
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 451 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by Aglicious » July 15th, 2020, 5:02 pm

aggies22 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 4:49 pm
He's gone. 100%. Source level 20.
Son of a .... :bangwall:

Sorry, but the timing of this can be interpreted as nothing more than a dick move by our coaching staff no matter what you think of Colombi or Shelley.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 2):
Naked Bull RidercdaAg



Intermeddler
Posts: 2023
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 191 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by Intermeddler » July 15th, 2020, 5:02 pm

Naked Bull Rider wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:02 pm
Question for 22-

Did we bring in Shelley because we knew we were going to lose Colombi, or did we lose Colombi because we brought in Shelley?
Not 22 but my info is solid on this, the latter.
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post (total 4):
Naked Bull Rideraggies22cdaAgWillCut72



bpd
Posts: 1076
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by bpd » July 15th, 2020, 5:07 pm

Aglicious wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:02 pm
aggies22 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 4:49 pm
He's gone. 100%. Source level 20.
Son of a .... :bangwall:

Sorry, but the timing of this can be interpreted as nothing more than a dick move by our coaching staff no matter what you think of Colombi or Shelley.
Agreed
These users thanked the author bpd for the post:
AggiePT



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5412
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 386 times
Been thanked: 669 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by Roy McAvoy » July 15th, 2020, 5:33 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 9:19 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 7:33 pm
Agsman wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 4:30 pm
What I think/speculate will happen: Colombi is going to be the more accurate passer and win the job. Shelley will play in a wildcat/cleanup roll. At least starting out. Similar to when Hobbs came to play from Oregon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I agree with this.

I am really glad Shelley wants to be here and welcome him to the team, but I would not be surprised if this move ends up being one that, in hindsight, will not have made much sense for Shelley or USU.
Now I'll speculate as to what I think could happen and paint a scenario (speculation on my part but this scenario is why I'm worried about Shelley coming in).

<<
Colombi ends up feeling betrayed by the coaches for a few reasons and decides to transfer out. For one, he works out in the offseason with a bunch of CFB players down south. They all like him and have tried to get him to leave Utah and transfer to their school. They confirm with their coaches he can play and that he'd have a spot. Henry is a loyal guy though and USU has been good to him, so despite him being homesick and his dad, who he's very close with, never getting to see him play, Henry has stayed loyal to USU and hasn't transferred. He’s also had 4 different offensive coordinators. That is crazy

Part of the reason he hasn't transferred earlier is due to the fact that the coaches have told him to his face that he's the starter and QB1. He's done nothing but been a great teammate and locker room guy, waiting for his time. Even though, again, he could've transferred and maybe wanted to, but chose to be loyal to USU.

Then, just one month before the season, USU announces the addition of a veteran QB the same class as Colombi, and everyone assumes the new guy will the starter. Local radio shows and newspapers are celebrating the addition of the new starting QB at USU. Not only does Colombi feel lied to, but he also feels betrayed because the coaches didn't even give him heads of the move or explain their methodology behind it. He just knows a P5 transfer came and in and now everyone is proclaiming him the starter.

Due to these factors, Colombi decides to transfer out and go to a bigger school back home. Now, USU is left with a starting QB with a lesser arm that loves to run the football. The chance QB1 is injured just went way up and the depth behind him is mediocre.

The wide receiver corp is unhappy because they trust and know Henry and wanted him as their QB. Guys like McGriff are unhappy because Colombi helped get him here and he came under the premise that Henry would be his QB. Also, Henry was the only QB on the roster ready with a solid arm and isn't more of "dual threat" type QB.
>>>>

Hopefully the scenario I just played out doesn't happen, but I'm afraid it might.
For those who want to understand what happened, my post above is the gist of it, though there’s more to it.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
Intermeddler



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9693
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4982 times
Been thanked: 2966 times
Contact:

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by aggies22 » July 15th, 2020, 6:10 pm

Naked Bull Rider wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:02 pm
Question for 22-

Did we bring in Shelley because we knew we were going to lose Colombi, or did we lose Colombi because we brought in Shelley?
We lost Colombi because we brought in Shelley. Henry is still here in Logan.



taniataylor
Posts: 1767
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 731 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by taniataylor » July 15th, 2020, 6:45 pm

Naked Bull Rider wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:02 pm
Question for 22-

Did we bring in Shelley because we knew we were going to lose Colombi, or did we lose Colombi because we brought in Shelley?
The 2nd...source level....1000
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 2):
USU78WillCut72


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

Elkaggie
Posts: 3762
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by Elkaggie » July 15th, 2020, 6:46 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:33 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 9:19 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 7:33 pm
Agsman wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 4:30 pm
What I think/speculate will happen: Colombi is going to be the more accurate passer and win the job. Shelley will play in a wildcat/cleanup roll. At least starting out. Similar to when Hobbs came to play from Oregon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I agree with this.

I am really glad Shelley wants to be here and welcome him to the team, but I would not be surprised if this move ends up being one that, in hindsight, will not have made much sense for Shelley or USU.
Now I'll speculate as to what I think could happen and paint a scenario (speculation on my part but this scenario is why I'm worried about Shelley coming in).

<<
Colombi ends up feeling betrayed by the coaches for a few reasons and decides to transfer out. For one, he works out in the offseason with a bunch of CFB players down south. They all like him and have tried to get him to leave Utah and transfer to their school. They confirm with their coaches he can play and that he'd have a spot. Henry is a loyal guy though and USU has been good to him, so despite him being homesick and his dad, who he's very close with, never getting to see him play, Henry has stayed loyal to USU and hasn't transferred. He’s also had 4 different offensive coordinators. That is crazy

Part of the reason he hasn't transferred earlier is due to the fact that the coaches have told him to his face that he's the starter and QB1. He's done nothing but been a great teammate and locker room guy, waiting for his time. Even though, again, he could've transferred and maybe wanted to, but chose to be loyal to USU.

Then, just one month before the season, USU announces the addition of a veteran QB the same class as Colombi, and everyone assumes the new guy will the starter. Local radio shows and newspapers are celebrating the addition of the new starting QB at USU. Not only does Colombi feel lied to, but he also feels betrayed because the coaches didn't even give him heads of the move or explain their methodology behind it. He just knows a P5 transfer came and in and now everyone is proclaiming him the starter.

Due to these factors, Colombi decides to transfer out and go to a bigger school back home. Now, USU is left with a starting QB with a lesser arm that loves to run the football. The chance QB1 is injured just went way up and the depth behind him is mediocre.

The wide receiver corp is unhappy because they trust and know Henry and wanted him as their QB. Guys like McGriff are unhappy because Colombi helped get him here and he came under the premise that Henry would be his QB. Also, Henry was the only QB on the roster ready with a solid arm and isn't more of "dual threat" type QB.
>>>>

Hopefully the scenario I just played out doesn't happen, but I'm afraid it might.
For those who want to understand what happened, my post above is the gist of it, though there’s more to it.
Please share the “more to it part” or don’t mention it. Leaves way to much to speculation.



taniataylor
Posts: 1767
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 731 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by taniataylor » July 15th, 2020, 7:05 pm

Utah players surrrrre do love USU considering we are “little brother”


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

Aggie19
Posts: 664
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 454 times
Been thanked: 322 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by Aggie19 » July 15th, 2020, 7:43 pm

I guess if any of us were still wondering if Gary was going to go back to the style of offense he ran last time he was here, we now have a very clear answer. The four remaining guys are all duel threat QBs from my understanding and we added a bunch of good, yes inexperienced, but talented RBs. Get ready to run and control the clock. Defensive football, here we come


Go Aggies!

@ggies
Posts: 25
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by @ggies » July 15th, 2020, 7:47 pm

I hate this! I was excited to see what Colombi could do for USU


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2814
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 606 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by ineptimusprime » July 15th, 2020, 8:10 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 7:43 pm
I guess if any of us were still wondering if Gary was going to go back to the style of offense he ran last time he was here, we now have a very clear answer. The four remaining guys are all duel threat QBs from my understanding and we added a bunch of good, yes inexperienced, but talented RBs. Get ready to run and control the clock. Defensive football, here we come
Last season inspires a lot of confidence in the approach of relying on our defense to win games.

The defense better be less objectively (I can't express myself without swearing) if this is the plan.



Elkaggie
Posts: 3762
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by Elkaggie » July 15th, 2020, 8:22 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 8:10 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 7:43 pm
I guess if any of us were still wondering if Gary was going to go back to the style of offense he ran last time he was here, we now have a very clear answer. The four remaining guys are all duel threat QBs from my understanding and we added a bunch of good, yes inexperienced, but talented RBs. Get ready to run and control the clock. Defensive football, here we come
Last season inspires a lot of confidence in the approach of relying on our defense to win games.

The defense better be less objectively (I can't express myself without swearing) if this is the plan.
The changes that were made in the off season will help a lot. I expect us to be better on defense.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2814
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 606 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by ineptimusprime » July 15th, 2020, 8:33 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 8:22 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 8:10 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 7:43 pm
I guess if any of us were still wondering if Gary was going to go back to the style of offense he ran last time he was here, we now have a very clear answer. The four remaining guys are all duel threat QBs from my understanding and we added a bunch of good, yes inexperienced, but talented RBs. Get ready to run and control the clock. Defensive football, here we come
Last season inspires a lot of confidence in the approach of relying on our defense to win games.

The defense better be less objectively (I can't express myself without swearing) if this is the plan.
The changes that were made in the off season will help a lot. I expect us to be better on defense.
I hope so!



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1205
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » July 15th, 2020, 10:54 pm

I’m thinking the Coaches (Bodie, Gary, ....) have a good idea of what style of offense they want to run. It appears that they are fond of true dual threat QB’s such as Shelley, Peasley, Legas,..... I’m not sure if Calvin is a dual threat or not. Maybe they feel it is better to have qb’s with similar skill sets so they can plug and play if one graduates or gets injured.



ususports
Posts: 1439
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 379 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by ususports » July 16th, 2020, 12:05 am

Aglicious wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:02 pm
Sorry, but the timing of this can be interpreted as nothing more than a dick move by our coaching staff no matter what you think of Colombi or Shelley.
Could someone google “dick move” to find out what it means and let us know the results?



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2783
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 549 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by YoungBloodAggie » July 16th, 2020, 4:44 am

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 10:54 pm
I’m thinking the Coaches (Bodie, Gary, ....) have a good idea of what style of offense they want to run. It appears that they are fond of true dual threat QB’s such as Shelley, Peasley, Legas,..... I’m not sure if Calvin is a dual threat or not. Maybe they feel it is better to have qb’s with similar skill sets so they can plug and play if one graduates or gets injured.
If Shelley is going to be a dual threat QB, he's gonna need to learn how to pass.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
BLUERUFiO


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 809
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 297 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by Sl7vk » July 16th, 2020, 8:56 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 4:44 am
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 10:54 pm
I’m thinking the Coaches (Bodie, Gary, ....) have a good idea of what style of offense they want to run. It appears that they are fond of true dual threat QB’s such as Shelley, Peasley, Legas,..... I’m not sure if Calvin is a dual threat or not. Maybe they feel it is better to have qb’s with similar skill sets so they can plug and play if one graduates or gets injured.
If Shelley is going to be a dual threat QB, he's gonna need to learn how to pass.
Shelley can throw the ball just fine.



slcagg
Posts: 4961
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 750 times
Been thanked: 674 times

Re: New QB transfer?

Post by slcagg » July 16th, 2020, 9:24 am

I feel like we talked about shelley years ago on this board when he was a prospect and said what if he were interested since his grandfather played here even with this other offers. Could be another guy. But remember a qb out of the north Dallas area being discussed.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic