New Coach to be Announced

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

New Coach to be Announced

Post by aggies22 » July 1st, 2020, 3:59 pm

Roc Bellantoni. He will be the tight ends and special teams coordinator. He spent last season at Washington State.

https://247sports.com/Coach/Roc-Bellantoni-1904/
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 4):
slcaggAggieArmycdaAgAZ4AggieNation

crazywookie

Re: New Coach to be Announced

Post by crazywookie » July 1st, 2020, 5:05 pm

That's particularly interesting given that they our the first opponent fur the FB team

"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

slcagg

Post by slcagg » July 1st, 2020, 5:09 pm

Here is 22's non-political twitter account and tweet. I found it interesting with his NE US connections. 22 did he help with the Jaden Allen commit?

These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 4):
AggieArmyaggies22USU78flying_scotsman2.0

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » July 2nd, 2020, 8:00 am

slcagg wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 5:09 pm
Here is 22's non-political twitter account and tweet. I found it interesting with his NE US connections. 22 did he help with the Jaden Allen commit?

Coach Roc was under contract with Washington State until June 30th, so I can't comment on that.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
slcaggAZ4AggieNation

Floppy Hat
Pick'em Champ - '15,'19 FB Predict the Score; '17 Kickoff; '18 Weekly; '19 Bowl
Has thanked: 0

Post by Floppy Hat » July 2nd, 2020, 9:48 am

I'm probably reading too much into this, but...

Amidst all the talk about athletic departments struggling financially, the concern about what the football season will look like, some universities cutting sports or salaries to save money...we are hiring new coaches! I know our staff has been short a person, but I assumed we would have to get by with a graduate assistant for now. We are usually hurting for cash, so its a pleasant surprise to see this hire made. Maybe we aren't on the brink of the end of college athletics as we know it. Go Aggies!

Yeah, I'm reading too much into this.
These users thanked the author Floppy Hat for the post:
JSHarvey

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » July 2nd, 2020, 12:03 pm

Floppy Hat wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 9:48 am

Amidst all the talk about athletic departments struggling financially, the concern about what the football season will look like, some universities cutting sports or salaries to save money...we are hiring new coaches! I know our staff has been short a person, but I assumed we would have to get by with a graduate assistant for now. We are usually hurting for cash, so its a pleasant surprise to see this hire made. Maybe we aren't on the brink of the end of college athletics as we know it. Go Aggies!

Reading too much into things is part of what makes this site entertaining.

On a more serious note, I assume there has to be some sort of AD approval for the hire. Since our AD was an accountant, I would expect that he has a good grasp on the financial situation of the department and the financial viability to be able to hire a new coach.

Or maybe that is reading too much into it and the new coach is too good for us not to hire and they will figure out the budget issues later.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » July 2nd, 2020, 1:24 pm

bwcrc wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 12:03 pm
Floppy Hat wrote:

On a more serious note, I assume there has to be some sort of AD approval for the hire. Since our AD was an accountant, I would expect that he has a good grasp on the financial situation of the department and the financial viability to be able to hire a new coach.

Or maybe that is reading too much into it and the new coach is too good for us not to hire and they will figure out the budget issues later.
Honestly, we put ourselves at a disadvantage by only carrying 9 coaches. Not only on the field but in the recruiting game as well. We were one coach short in all aspects of the game. Coach Bellantoni opens new recruiting avenues for us and gives us 20+ years of coaching experience.
Last edited by aggies22 on July 2nd, 2020, 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
AZ4AggieNation

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » July 2nd, 2020, 1:58 pm

aggies22 wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 1:24 pm
bwcrc wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 12:03 pm
Floppy Hat wrote:

Honestly, we put ourselves at a disadvantage but only carrying 9 coaches. Not only on the field but in the recruiting game as well. We were 1 Coach shorter in all aspects of the game. Coach Bellantoni opens new recruiting avenues for us and 20+ years of coaching experience.
I do like the recruiting connection to Florida.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
aggies22

Eutaw St. Aggie

AZ4AggieNation

Post by AZ4AggieNation » July 2nd, 2020, 3:39 pm

I know Broc has said Coach Bellantoni has reached out to him and seems very knowledgeable/supportive...Everything for now is just day a time; changes a plenty each day it seems and a lot of "grinding" on your own or being creative with teammates away from the facilities! Broc also says wonderful things about Coach DJ...(the new TE GA). No doubt also the new coach will be a big help with the ST's also!
These users thanked the author AZ4AggieNation for the post (total 4):
IntermeddlerUSU78Aggie19aggies22

Locked Previous topicNext topic