Montana basketball history

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
bigskysbro

Montana basketball history

Post by bigskysbro » June 29th, 2020, 7:01 pm

A quick story from a Montana Aggie. I grew up in a small Montana town that was and still is very much a basketball town. I had a friend in high school who was a year younger than me and a very good high school player. He always knew I was an Aggie growing up. After his junior or senior year he played in an annual Montana/Wyoming challenge. So at that point in time guess who he was matched up against....One Jaycee Carroll. He reported back to me that the kid could make the most ridiculous shots he had ever seen. My friend predicted that he would go on to have a great college career.

Fast forward several years and having lost some contact over the years I reached out to my old buddy (who is a teacher and coach still in Montana) to ask him his thoughts on Riley Bradshaw after he committed to USU. His response was that he thought Riley would be better served at UM or MSU and that he wasn't mountain west material.

Fast forward again and I reached out a couple days ago to inquire his thoughts on Rollie Worster. His response was that Rollie is tougher to predict but his prediction is that a "redshirt year may be a good thing for Rollie but he thinks he will have a nice career for Craig and co."

So take that for what it's worth from a four year NAIA Montana college player. He is 2 for 2 thus far in my book.
These users thanked the author bigskysbro for the post (total 13):
slcaggflying_scotsman2.0Real Life Aggieaggies953rdGenAggieShowMeAggieaggieguy13sstrasserBank ShotAggie19 and 3 more users

NavyBlueAggie

Re: Montana basketball history

Post by NavyBlueAggie » June 30th, 2020, 8:26 pm

Nice input BigSkyBro and well done. The information with your post is concise and holds much traction. For reasons unknown, Montana and MSU hold a certain warmth in my heart.

NavyBlue

Post by NavyBlue » July 1st, 2020, 4:28 pm

As a native of Montana, it is good to know I am not the only Aggie from the Treasure State. I have always taken pride that the best basketball player in USU history was from Montana.

NavyBlue

Post by NavyBlue » July 1st, 2020, 4:30 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 8:26 pm
Nice input BigSkyBro and well done. The information with your post is concise and holds much traction. For reasons unknown, Montana and MSU hold a certain warmth in my heart.
Me too, I have always wished they were in the Mountain West with us, or at least we played them OOC once in a while.

cdaAg

Post by cdaAg » July 1st, 2020, 9:08 pm

It was quite interesting several years ago to see the Grizz fans after a win at Eastern Washington. I was amazed at how many Grizz fans were looking to fight. It was a good game, they won, and I saw several different pockets of confrontations walking out of the game. I was really surprised by that.

Locked Previous topicNext topic