Feel bad for Love

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AKAggie03

Feel bad for Love

Post by AKAggie03 » May 1st, 2020, 8:10 pm

So much negative press around the packers selecting him. I also hear Rogers is pissed and most likely wont take Love under his wings to mentor him.

Rough start for Jordan. Hope he silences the critics

--For every Aggie victory, I'm going streaking on the quad!

sneed

Re: Feel bad for Love

Post by sneed » May 1st, 2020, 8:25 pm

Must be rough being a first round pick.... he is fine.
These users thanked the author sneed for the post:
IdaAg93

ChicagoAggie

Post by ChicagoAggie » May 1st, 2020, 8:49 pm

AKAggie03 wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 8:10 pm
So much negative press around the packers selecting him. I also hear Rogers is pissed and most likely wont take Love under his wings to mentor him.

Yes, I am a Packer fan even though Chicago is my true home. This is nothing more than the media making drama that may not exist. I must admit, Rodgers is a prick, and I don't think anyone should expect him to mentor anyone. The facts are...Green Bay traded up (traded with one of the arch rivals) to get Love. The new GM and Coach have a plan. Love will be fine, and will succeed in Green Bay's new system better than anyone could. Last year's results are more connected to the new coach than they are Rodgers. End of rant...
These users thanked the author ChicagoAggie for the post (total 4):
AggiePTJSHarveyMrBiggleIdaAg93

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » May 1st, 2020, 10:57 pm

Honestly, I don't think Aaron Rodgers should have to do anything for Jordan. This is professional football and Rodgers doesn't have to train the guy the team picked to replace him. It's his job to win games NOW. It's Jordan's job to learn as quickly as possible and in the event Rodgers were to get injured, Jordan needs to step up and assume the starting spot to the best of his abilities.
Last edited by aggies22 on May 2nd, 2020, 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 7):
AggieFBObsessionFloridaAggie13sneedBLUERUFiOAggiePTIdaAg93jeffdan25

USUMAE

Post by USUMAE » May 1st, 2020, 11:03 pm

I think a lot of this drama is being over blown by a sports media that doesn't have much else to report.
These users thanked the author USUMAE for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionaggies22

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 2nd, 2020, 11:05 am

Dont feel bad at all. He'll get to watch one of the best for a few years and be ready when it is his time or be traded like garoppolo was and take over a team that way. This is better for love than being handed the keys to a franchise from day 1.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 5):
usufan1aggies22sneedAggie19AggiePT

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » May 2nd, 2020, 2:40 pm

This isn't pee wee football. Jordan is a big boy and will be able to handle himself just fine. He should not expect Rodgers to coddle him. As long as Rodgers is healthy and productive Jordan will be the back up. He should have ample time to study the play book and get accustomed to the speed of the NFL. It would be worse for him to be thrust in his rookie year and be the guy. It is hard to feel bad for someone who has a 4 year contract that will be worth ~12-15 million. I hope Jordan shines and becomes a starter, but one of the best roles in the NFL is the back-up QB. Still make a lot of money without the pressure of being the man.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
aggies22JSHarvey

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » May 2nd, 2020, 5:56 pm

aggies22 wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 10:57 pm
Honestly, I don't think Aaron Rodgers should have to do anything for Jordan. This is professional football and Rodgers doesn't have to train the guy the team picked to replace him. It's his job to win games NOW. It's Jordan's job to learn as quickly as possible and in the event Rodgers were to get injured, Jordan needs to step up and assume the starting spot to the best of his abilities.

I thought it was a team sport? The success of the Packer team takes precedence. Of course Rodgers should help develop Love. Rodgers could go down with an injury anytime. Then what?

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » May 2nd, 2020, 6:52 pm

Smokin Joe wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 5:56 pm
aggies22 wrote:

I thought it was a team sport? The success of the Packer team takes precedence. Of course Rodgers should help develop Love. Rodgers could go down with an injury anytime. Then what?
I agree, not only is it a team sport, it's the ULTIMATE team sport! Which is why I have to respectfully disagree my Aggie brother. Rodgers responsibility is to the TEAM and that means making sure he is prepared each week to win a game as the starting quarterback of the Packers.
It's Jordan's job to get himself ready in case Rodgers were to get injured.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Aggie19

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » May 2nd, 2020, 9:01 pm

aggies22 wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 6:52 pm
Smokin Joe wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

I agree, not only is it a team sport, it's the ULTIMATE team sport! Which is why I have to respectfully disagree my Aggie brother. Rodgers responsibility is to the TEAM and that means making sure he is prepared each week to win a game as the starting quarterback of the Packers.
While it is a team sport, I think it's important to remember that's its not a game anymore, it's a grown man's job on the line. I think Rodgers will do what he has to do to win and keep his job. I don't think he's concerned about Love. I think he might be butt hurt about the pick, but the dude is a straight up competitor, so is Love - want to talk about a game, that's game I'd like to see. They're going to push each other and Jordan will be a better quarterback for it.

GO BEARS!!!
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionaggies22

Go Aggies!

troutputz
RIP

Post by troutputz » May 3rd, 2020, 12:42 am

Jordan will get over all the negative press, 8 miilion over the next two years, getting over it. Packers always the enema to the Denver Bronco’s. Thank goodness we beat the Packers in the Super Bowl with JE and TD
Last edited by troutputz on May 3rd, 2020, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » May 3rd, 2020, 2:22 am

troutputz wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 12:42 am
Packers always the enima to the Denver Bronco’s.
If bronco fans like cheese up the butt, I won't judge. It kind of makes sense actually.

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » May 3rd, 2020, 10:31 am

I follow the Packers closely and I have never heard anything but praise from every single back up QB he has had in the QB room with him. I think this is mostly just drumming up stories to get clicks. I fully expect Rodgers to treat Jordan with respect and to connect quite well with him as a person, too.
These users thanked the author AggiePT for the post:
ThunderAggie

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » May 4th, 2020, 7:18 am

AggiePT wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 10:31 am
I follow the Packers closely and I have never heard anything but praise from every single back up QB he has had in the QB room with him. I think this is mostly just drumming up stories to get clicks. I fully expect Rodgers to treat Jordan with respect and to connect quite well with him as a person, too.
I guess I don't get the mentor thing. Love will be in every film session, he will be able to listen in and watch every play, he will be in on everything the Packers and Rogers do in practice, he will get plenty of practice snaps in preparing for the opponent each week. He will get to compete with one of the all time great QBs. If Jordan is an NFL QB with the confidence needed to be such he should thrive in that environment whether Rogers gives him the time of day or not.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post (total 2):
AggiePTaggies22

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » May 4th, 2020, 8:09 am

Aggie19 wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 9:01 pm
aggies22 wrote:
Smokin Joe wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

While it is a team sport, I think it's important to remember that's its not a game anymore, it's a grown man's job on the line. I think Rodgers will do what he has to do to win and keep his job. I don't think he's concerned about Love. I think he might be butt hurt about the pick, but the dude is a straight up competitor, so is Love - want to talk about a game, that's game I'd like to see. They're going to push each other and Jordan will be a better quarterback for it.

GO BEARS!!!
ZERO quarterbacks "mentor" their backups in the NFL. What JL learns from Rodgers will be 100% dependent upon JL, not Rodgers. Also, keep in mind that they both have the same agent....
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post:
AggiePT

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » May 4th, 2020, 12:30 pm

AKAggie03 wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 8:10 pm

I disagree. He is the talk of the draft and all eyes will be on him this fall. A real chance to shine.

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » May 4th, 2020, 12:32 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 8:09 am
Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Smokin Joe wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

GO BEARS!!!
ZERO quarterbacks "mentor" their backups in the NFL. What JL learns from Rodgers will be 100% dependent upon JL, not Rodgers. Also, keep in mind that they both have the same agent....

Didn't know you'd been an NFL QB? If Zero QB's mentor their backups, why is the opposite so axiomatic with so many NFL commentators?

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » May 4th, 2020, 12:32 pm

Smokin Joe wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 12:32 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Smokin Joe wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

GO BEARS!!!

Didn't know you'd been an NFL QB? If Zero QB's mentor their backups, why is the opposite so axiomatic with so many NFL commentators? Why would they speculate whether Rodgers will, if NFL QB's never do?

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » May 4th, 2020, 1:52 pm

Smokin Joe wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 12:32 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Smokin Joe wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

GO BEARS!!!

Didn't know you'd been an NFL QB? If Zero QB's mentor their backups, why is the opposite so axiomatic with so many NFL commentators?
I don't have to be an NFL QB to know what I know.... Take what "commentators" say with a grain of salt.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » May 4th, 2020, 5:10 pm

BLUF: the process is his mentor at this stage

What Love learns from Rodgers isn’t going to come from “mentoring”. It’ll come by being in the same room evaluating film with the position coach and coordinator, it’ll come from watching Rodgers run the offense. That’s where he will learn how to be an NFL QB. That’s not mentoring. That’s working together.

In my view Love needs to know his place and focus on gaining the respect of the team by outworking everyone without being a prick.
That means in my view he has 4 potential primary mentors: head coach, QB coach, strength/conditioning coach and offensive coordinator.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » May 4th, 2020, 7:41 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Smokin Joe wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

GO BEARS!!!
Love isn't going to push Rogers. They are in different universes right now, light years apart due to experience. Love needs to be patient, prepare and learn from one of the best of all time.

Behind the Bull

Post by Behind the Bull » May 5th, 2020, 12:57 am

If Jordan Love gets the opportunity to learn under Aaron Rodgers for 1-2 years I think he will be a solid QB. Most of the great quarterbacks in the league now sat out for a bit. Other QB's that have rushed it and started right away usually don't last on one team for very long.
These users thanked the author Behind the Bull for the post:
AggieFBObsession

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » May 5th, 2020, 5:41 am

AggiePT wrote:I follow the Packers closely and I have never heard anything but praise from every single back up QB he has had in the QB room with him. I think this is mostly just drumming up stories to get clicks. I fully expect Rodgers to treat Jordan with respect and to connect quite well with him as a person, too.
I think this will be the case. Rodgers isn’t going to take Love under his wing and mentor him though. At the end of the day they are competing for the same job. It’s not Rodgers job, nor is it his duty, to mentor Love. He will treat him with professional respect, is up to Love to learn and get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
AggiePT

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » May 5th, 2020, 7:12 am

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 7:41 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Smokin Joe wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

GO BEARS!!!
Love isn't going to push Rogers. They are in different universes right now, light years apart due to experience. Love needs to be patient, prepare and learn from one of the best of all time.
I did't mean Love will push him because of his skill level and experience, you're right Rodgers is in a different universe with those things. But his draft spot, him being the heir apparent, Rodgers nature as a competitor, Jordan being a pretty gifted athlete that by all accounts impresses during workouts and practice... all will drive Rodgers.

But if you don't think it will push him, go watch the Micheal Jordan documentary on ESPN. Watch how Jordan acts at the mere suggestion that Clyde Drexler is even good enough to be compared to him, or Tony Kukoc is his heir apparent or the Craig Ehlo is good enough to guard him. Rodgers will be pushed because he is a competitor, one that still uses that chip on his shoulder that he "slid" in the draft to motivate himself. He'll use this as motivation to serve up a big ol' crap burger for all his doubters to eat.

Go Aggies!

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » May 5th, 2020, 11:07 am

Aggie19 wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 7:12 am
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 7:41 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Smokin Joe wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

GO BEARS!!!
I did't mean Love will push him because of his skill level and experience, you're right Rodgers is in a different universe with those things. But his draft spot, him being the heir apparent, Rodgers nature as a competitor, Jordan being a pretty gifted athlete that by all accounts impresses during workouts and practice... all will drive Rodgers.

But if you don't think it will push him, go watch the Micheal Jordan documentary on ESPN. Watch how Jordan acts at the mere suggestion that Clyde Drexler is even good enough to be compared to him, or Tony Kukoc is his heir apparent or the Craig Ehlo is good enough to guard him. Rodgers will be pushed because he is a competitor, one that still uses that chip on his shoulder that he "slid" in the draft to motivate himself. He'll use this as motivation to serve up a big ol' crap burger for all his doubters to eat.
All good!

I'm dating myself here but I grew up in the Jordan era and I remember how he wanted to squash all competition and the docuseries "The Last Dance" is fascinating. My wife is even watching with me.

Clyde Drexler was already an established player, an original Dream Team member and if I recall was one of the original "50 Greatest NBA Players" when the lists started circulating in the 90's. Drexler was a player worthy of the moniker as a challenger to Jordan's throne, especially as they were similar type players at similar stages of their careers. Jordan put that to rest.

Rogers will definitely want to prove to the highly touted rookie that he is just that, a rookie. But Rogers has nothing to learn from Love. There is nothing Love will do that will cause Rogers concern over who is better. Love's head will be swimming during the first few months as a pro.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
Aggie19

Locked Previous topicNext topic