Jordan Love Analysis

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ratofallaggies

Re: Jordan Love Analysis

Post by ratofallaggies » April 24th, 2020, 8:16 am

Slid a few pics but still went first round as I've said all along. That is a great situation for both JL and the Packers. I'll pat myself on the back
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post (total 3):
Roy McAvoyBustaMcNuttEl Sapo

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » April 24th, 2020, 9:27 am

ratofallaggies wrote:Slid a few pics but still went first round as I've said all along. That is a great situation for both JL and the Packers. I'll pat myself on the back
Is it though?

Rodgers is gonna be pissed. Rodgers isn’t the type to groom and mentor Love. He’s a red (I can't express myself without swearing).

And the packers aren’t any better for drafting love for 3 years. Love can’t help while sitting on the bench.

There were much better fits for love. Tampa and New Orleans would have been ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machismo

Post by Machismo » April 24th, 2020, 9:55 am

2004AG wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 9:27 am
ratofallaggies wrote:Slid a few pics but still went first round as I've said all along. That is a great situation for both JL and the Packers. I'll pat myself on the back
Is it though?

Rodgers is gonna be pissed. Rodgers isn’t the type to groom and mentor Love. He’s a red (I can't express myself without swearing).

And the packers aren’t any better for drafting love for 3 years. Love can’t help while sitting on the bench.

There were much better fits for love. Tampa and New Orleans would have been ideal.

My exact thoughts. I was rooting for the Saints, Sitting behind Rodgers was the last thing I wanted plus it gets cold there.
But hey he's a first rounder and going to a great Organization. I was starting to get worried towards the end.
Last edited by Machismo on April 24th, 2020, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Machismo for the post:
SBC_packers

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » April 24th, 2020, 10:07 am

2004AG wrote:
Is it though?

My comment is not based on Rodgers at all. JL shouldn't rely on Rodgers for his own success, he needs to learn and develop on his own just like Rodgers did while behind Favre. My input is based on the stability and long term vision that the Packers have and will continue to have. They have had 3 GM's in the past 20 years and their previous GM (who was there for 13 years) is still on staff as a senior consultant. Time will definitely tell, but there is something to be said to be drafted by an organization like GB that has stability and will give him all the time he needs in order to develop.
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post (total 2):
MachismoAggiePT

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » April 24th, 2020, 10:18 am

ratofallaggies wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 10:07 am
2004AG wrote:
Is it though?

My comment is not based on Rodgers at all. JL shouldn't rely on Rodgers for his own success, he needs to learn and develop on his own just like Rodgers did while behind Favre. My input is based on the stability and long term vision that the Packers have and will continue to have. They have had 3 GM's in the past 20 years and their previous GM (who was there for 13 years) is still on staff as a senior consultant. Time will definitely tell, but there is something to be said to be drafted by an organization like GB that has stability and will give him all the time he needs in order to develop.
I completely agree. Aaron Rodger shouldn't be expected to "groom" the younger QB. Rodgers is trying to win a Superbowl, he's not a coach. But it is completely in Love's hands to observe and absorb as much as he can in the countless hours and maybe years in the film room, QB meetings, and practice with a Hall of Fame guy. If Jordan is good enough, he will get his legitimate shot with Green Bay, or he will be like Jimmy G and be traded to a different franchise to start.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » April 24th, 2020, 10:35 am

ratofallaggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:
Is it though?

My point is Jordan would be better served to sit behind and learn from a guy that is happy to teach and mentor Jordan. Not a guy who is is gonna give him the cold shoulder and is pissed.

But sure, from a stable perspective, the packers are a great organization.

These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
SBC_packers

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » April 24th, 2020, 5:29 pm

The quick easy take is that the Packers wasted a pick on a developmental guy. Something that signals a re-build instead of a re-load, and Rodgers is going to be pissed. I don't buy that. This draft is DEEP with WR's, and the pack will be able to get talent at WR with either or both of their next 2 picks if they so desire. It's still a re-load as long as Rodgers is QB.

I'm gonna say that Love is a Rogers type QB. Relatively immobile, with a laser for an arm. So, I think it's a good fit. Love has the potential to throw the ball with the best of them. I'm not crowning him, but arm talent is why the Pack moved up to get him. That's a god given talent. The remaining QB's available can't develop an arm like Love has.

I've also been hesitant to look at Love as a potential starter, but Rodgers is a full on head case, and he's not getting any younger, or less injury prone. If Love has a good pre-season and locks himself in as the #2, he's just a snap away from playing.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » April 24th, 2020, 6:17 pm

Someone made a good point to me today. Rogers is going to be pushed by Jordan Love. Healthy competition makes players better. Let's see how Rogers handles it. If he doesn't handle it well enough Jordan will play.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » April 24th, 2020, 8:39 pm

I think we need to check ourselves if we think Love will play this year for any other reason than Rogers being injured or in a blowout.

Further, Rogers isn't going to be pushed by Love. At this stage of their careers Rogers is playing 4-D chess while Love is drawing tic tac toe grids with crayons.

Love has a ton of talent but has a long long way to go. Being reasonable with expectations will help him.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
sneed

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 25th, 2020, 3:59 pm

Mel Kiper defended Jordan Love having stats go down last year, talking about losing the other offensive starters and his head coach and coordinator. Don't know if that's good or bad though!

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 25th, 2020, 5:15 pm

He has one fan:

Locked Previous topicNext topic