We need a fat 6'5 275 player

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
oleblu111
RIP

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by oleblu111 » February 2nd, 2020, 1:13 pm

USU78 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 12:52 pm
When the 6'5 275 player is "athletic" and the 6'5 190 player is "not," and the former slams into the latter on the upper left wing, spinning him around, causing him to nearly turn the ball over, it's because of tautology and laziness that no foul is called. The"athletic" former is presumed, perhaps unconsciously, to be so highly skilled by a lazy observer not to have caused the bruising dust up of the "not," but rather his own unskilled, clumsy feet.

Tautology and laziness.
I believe what the roster say's about Mitchel's weight instead of eye ball guesses by less than neutral observer's . He is listed at 6'6" 240 lbs. When I look at the weight of several USU players it is clear they need serous weight gain to play at this level one is so skinny just by looking at him you can tell what he had for breakfast.

We lost this game because we could not hit open shoots in the second half, and we gave up 49 points in the second half.

Rabidchild

Post by Rabidchild » February 2nd, 2020, 1:31 pm

We had Shawn Daniels, he was great.
These users thanked the author Rabidchild for the post (total 2):
oleblu111aggiesdotcom

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 2nd, 2020, 1:36 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 1:13 pm
USU78 wrote:
When the 6'5 275 player is "athletic" and the 6'5 190 player is "not," and the former slams into the latter on the upper left wing, spinning him around, causing him to nearly turn the ball over, it's because of tautology and laziness that no foul is called. The"athletic" former is presumed, perhaps unconsciously, to be so highly skilled by a lazy observer not to have caused the bruising dust up of the "not," but rather his own unskilled, clumsy feet.

Tautology and laziness.
I believe what the roster say's about Mitchel's weight instead of eye ball guesses by less than neutral observer's . He is listed at 6'6" 240 lbs. When I look at the weight of several USU players it is clear they need serous weight gain to play at this level one is so skinny just by looking at him you can tell what he had for breakfast.

We lost this game because we could not hit open shoots in the second half, and we gave up 49 points in the second half.
He’s 240 from the waist down. Not buying it.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 2nd, 2020, 1:50 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 1:36 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

Tautology and laziness.

If his weight is that important to you folks ok. Fat or not he kicked us pretty good in Logan, and again last night. When I look at someone I can not tell what the weigh is

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 2nd, 2020, 2:02 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 1:50 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 1:36 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

Tautology and laziness.

If his weight is that important to you folks ok. Fat or not he kicked us pretty good in Logan, and again last night. When I look at someone I can not tell what the weigh is
He’s talented. He went off in both games this year. He’s a tough match up for us because as Coach put it and the announcers put it “he’s a load” which is polite for “Lard Butt”. And he’s especially a load when he’s allowed to throw that “athleticism” around and if a foul is called it’s on the defense.

But He only averages 11 pts per game normally so let’s not crown him the next Glen Davis, Charles Barkley or Oliver Miller just yet.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » February 2nd, 2020, 2:12 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

Tautology and laziness.

You're quibbling.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » February 2nd, 2020, 2:17 pm

Clearly he doesn't have to be Barkley for him to be a problem. Take away the two plays where he might have fouled and they still beat us.

The guy lost a ton of weight in the last year and is a good player. May we should have Grootfam on him, oh wait, Mitchell is still a better player.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 2nd, 2020, 2:20 pm

USU78 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 2:12 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

Tautology and laziness.

You're quibbling.
I'm quibbling, but those that post about losing a game because of a fat player and biased ref's are just pointing out proven facts. I believe I know who is quibbling try looking in the mirror.
These users thanked the author oleblu111 for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

USU78

Post by USU78 » February 2nd, 2020, 2:22 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 2:20 pm
USU78 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

Tautology and laziness.

You're quibbling.
I'm quibbling, but those that post about losing a game because of a fat player and biased ref's are just pointing out proven facts. I believe I know who is quibbling try looking in the mirror.
You really shouldn't carry your phone into the bathroom.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 2nd, 2020, 2:24 pm

We didn’t lose just because of Doublewide. They have lots of good players. And our players aren’t very good outside of 3 of them. We’ve harped on our own players for weeks so naturally we gravitate to another large matter.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
oleblu111

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 2nd, 2020, 2:30 pm

USU78 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 2:22 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
USU78 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

Tautology and laziness.

You're quibbling.
I do not take a phone into the bathroom, but when I do look in the mirror I see someone that believes that USU can lose a game because the other team is just better, which is a hard concept for some. I also see a fat lard butt.so get the hell off my lawn.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » February 2nd, 2020, 2:43 pm

All I know is that Mitchell kicked our butt last night. He looks thinner than last year and has elevated his game. Good for him. Put him at the three next to Merrill and we are unstoppable.

Oleblue, if we have Miller some more money would we get better results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

USU78

Post by USU78 » February 2nd, 2020, 2:53 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 2:30 pm
USU78 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
USU78 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

Tautology and laziness.

You're quibbling.
I do not take a phone into the bathroom, but when I do look in the mirror I see someone that believes that USU can lose a game because the other team is just better, which is a hard concept for some. I also see a fat lard butt.so get the hell off my lawn.
Pax, brother! Pax! People b!tch and moan after a disappointing loss. Nothing more serious than that going on. Means we've got a pulse, and that's a very good thing. Wasn't that long ago we didn't.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 2nd, 2020, 3:40 pm

dyedblue wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 2:43 pm
All I know is that Mitchell kicked our butt last night. He looks thinner than last year and has elevated his game. Good for him. Put him at the three next to Merrill and we are unstoppable.

Oleblue, if we have Miller some more money would we get better results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we had a $100 million dollar budget I would hope we would do a lot better, However we still may have lost last night.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 2nd, 2020, 3:45 pm

USU78 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 2:53 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 2:30 pm
USU78 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
USU78 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

Tautology and laziness.

You're quibbling.
Pax, brother! Pax! People b!tch and moan after a disappointing loss. Nothing more serious than that going on. Means we've got a pulse, and that's a very good thing. Wasn't that long ago we didn't.
I come in peace with documents on how to lose with grace, however I do understand the passion from fans which is of course a short name for fanatics.
These users thanked the author oleblu111 for the post (total 2):
USU78aggiesdotcom

GUS

Post by GUS » February 2nd, 2020, 4:16 pm

Mitchell is a hell of a player. I'd love to have him on my team. But I noticed that once he got away with pushing Bean all over the place with no calls, Bean disappeared from the rest of the game and Mitchell really got it going. That's how reffing can affect games. The refs don't make or miss baskets, but their calls can change a teams style of play which may end up favoring a team. USU under Smith has never been a quick physical team, but that's the type of game that was allowed last night. I still believe that on a neutral floor with different style of reffing, USU has a chance to beat SDSU. Props to SDSU for winning again last night. I love it when USU wins and hate it when USU loses. I hope that's how we all feel in the end.
These users thanked the author GUS for the post (total 2):
oleblu111hipsterdoofus21

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 2nd, 2020, 4:22 pm

GUS wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 4:16 pm
Mitchell is a hell of a player. I'd love to have him on my team. But I noticed that once he got away with pushing Bean all over the place with no calls, Bean disappeared from the rest of the game and Mitchell really got it going. That's how reffing can affect games. The refs don't make or miss baskets, but their calls can change a teams style of play which may end up favoring a team. USU under Smith has never been a quick physical team, but that's the type of game that was allowed last night. I still believe that on a neutral floor with different style of reffing, USU has a chance to beat SDSU. Props to SDSU for winning again last night. I love it when USU wins and hate it when USU loses. I hope that's how we all feel in the end.
Perhaps if we start winning games we could meet them in Vegas for the conference tourny championship. I hope we do, but we need to pick it up a lot before then.

GUS

Post by GUS » February 2nd, 2020, 6:21 pm

I think there is more than a puncher's chance that it happens. I like the Aggies chances for the rest of the regular conference schedule.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » February 3rd, 2020, 8:16 am

I'd be happy to have a morbidly obese 6'5" 275 pound player, if he can play like Mitchell.

Mitchell lost weight but is still obese and out of shape. When a guy the size of Mitchell loses 40 pounds it's like taking a cup of water out of the ocean. If Mitchell could get his body fat percentage under 10%, like most collegiate basketball players, he would be scary good.
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » February 3rd, 2020, 9:33 am

AlieH wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 10:18 am
I literally registered to this site to compliment they way you are completely body shaming a guy that owned you, your home, and your car last night. Congrats.

Sincerely,
Alie
SDSU Class ‘09

23-0!!!!

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 3rd, 2020, 9:50 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 9:33 am
AlieH wrote:
I literally registered to this site to compliment they way you are completely body shaming a guy that owned you, your home, and your car last night. Congrats.

Sincerely,
Alie
SDSU Class ‘09

23-0!!!!

Nailed it

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » February 3rd, 2020, 9:59 am

AlieH wrote:

Sincerely,
Alie
SDSU Class ‘09

23-0!!!!
First of all he didn’t own our home cause we were playing in your arena. Second of all, literally one person body shamed him, the guy who started this thread. If you read through the posts, almost everybody complimented the way he played and said how they would love to have a guy like him on our team. But fact is that he is a little large bodied. That is just a fact, not body shaming.

And congrats on being “23-0”, but be lucky you guys have a mountain west schedule. You got a good team, but there are reasons P5 teams hardly ever go undefeated.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » February 3rd, 2020, 10:52 am

This whole thread is dumb.
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post (total 3):
USU78GaryTakeTheWheelZaggie07

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » February 3rd, 2020, 11:05 am

Refs made some questionable calls (and non-calls). Didn't influence the outcome of the game. SDSU was the better team once again. Mitchell has some serious junk in the trunk. If basketball doesn't work out he could probably look into a professional twerking gig. (Sorry Karen) Props to him for working out dropping some pounds in the off-season. It's obviously made him better. He's the main reason they came back and beat us on Saturday.

Hopefully we get a third shot at SDSU in the MW Tourney championship. Should be a great game if it happens.
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » February 3rd, 2020, 11:48 am

AlieH wrote:

Sincerely,
Alie
SDSU Class ‘09

23-0!!!!

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » February 3rd, 2020, 2:12 pm

Heh. "aloud" to say.
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post:
treesap32

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 9th, 2020, 12:12 am

aggies22 wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 11:40 pm
The refs and the Conference aren't going to let San Diego State lose on Kawhi night. But watch how horrible the reffing is against us on Wayne Estes night in a week.
Prophesy fulfilled.

And some of you thought I was crazy.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 4):
hipsterdoofus21bigblueNVAggieReal Life Aggie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » February 9th, 2020, 12:42 am

Aggie in Boise wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 8:16 am
I'd be happy to have a morbidly obese 6'5" 275 pound player, if he can play like Mitchell.

Mitchell lost weight but is still obese and out of shape. When a guy the size of Mitchell loses 40 pounds it's like taking a cup of water out of the ocean. If Mitchell could get his body fat percentage under 10%, like most collegiate basketball players, he would be scary good.
Is 6’5” 275 in the morbidly obese range? Asking for a friend, and not at all because I may or may not be the 6’2” version of that.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » February 9th, 2020, 1:09 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 12:42 am
Aggie in Boise wrote:

Is 6’5” 275 in the morbidly obese range? Asking for a friend, and not at all because I may or may not be the 6’2” version of that.
No, it falls in the extremely jacked range. Tell your friend not to worry because he or she is in good company since JJ Watts is in the 280ish range.

marchmadness24
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by marchmadness24 » February 13th, 2020, 1:46 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:49 pm
The biggest call of the game was the Flopping warning against bean after that bulldozing. After that Bean was afraid to try and draw a charge and Fatt Mitchell was free to bulldoze away.
Look who's calling who FAT lol What are you, pushing like 280?? :headscratch: :headscratch:

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 13th, 2020, 6:19 am

marchmadness24 wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 1:46 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
The biggest call of the game was the Flopping warning against bean after that bulldozing. After that Bean was afraid to try and draw a charge and Fatt Mitchell was free to bulldoze away.
Look who's calling who FAT lol What are you, pushing like 280?? :headscratch: :headscratch:

Oh sorry, I thought it was clear. I was calling Matt Mitchell fat. In fact it was the whole theme of the thread.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 13th, 2020, 6:51 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 6:19 am
marchmadness24 wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

Oh sorry, I thought it was clear. I was calling Matt Mitchell fat. In fact it was the whole theme of the thread.
These people still come by here nearly two weeks after we last played and there isn't even a guarantee that we'll even play them again this year.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21Real Life Aggie

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » February 13th, 2020, 8:03 am

aggies22 wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 6:19 am
marchmadness24 wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

These people still come by here nearly two weeks after we last played and there isn't even a guarantee that we'll even play them again this year.
They have ADD... Aggie derangement disorder

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author bigblue for the post:
aggies22

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » February 13th, 2020, 11:28 am

marchmadness24 wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

That was really impressive ESPECIALLY for a guy with that body type. I can only imagine what he could do if he was built differently.

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » February 14th, 2020, 3:11 pm

Aggie in Boise wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 1:09 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 12:42 am
Aggie in Boise wrote:

No, it falls in the extremely jacked range. Tell your friend not to worry because he or she is in good company since JJ Watts is in the 280ish range.
Yep, me and JJ. Hard to tell us apart.

Nobody here knows anything.

Locked Previous topicNext topic