We need a fat 6'5 275 player

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 6328
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 301 times
Been thanked: 138 times

We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by MetsJetsAggies » February 1st, 2020, 9:57 pm

To just bull his way into his defender every time down the floor, apparently offensive fouls aren't a thing anymore

Tough to guard
These users thanked the author MetsJetsAggies for the post (total 2):
SaintAggieJjoey52



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5372
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 376 times
Been thanked: 627 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by Roy McAvoy » February 1st, 2020, 9:58 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 9:57 pm
To just bull his way into his defender every time down the floor, apparently offensive fouls aren't a thing anymore

Tough to guard
That and a legit & athletic guard capable of driving and not turning the ball over.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
AggieFBObsession



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1259
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by ThunderAggie » February 1st, 2020, 10:12 pm

The dude isn't even fat anymore. Props to him. Played a heck of a game.



sneed
Posts: 836
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 2:32 am
Has thanked: 895 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by sneed » February 1st, 2020, 10:20 pm


He is very good. I don’t think a player like that would work for us though. Would get called for those push offs.
These users thanked the author sneed for the post:
MetsJetsAggies



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15855
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 407 times
Been thanked: 1020 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 1st, 2020, 10:22 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:12 pm
The dude isn't even fat anymore. Props to him. Played a heck of a game.
Nope. Still fat.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
MetsJetsAggies



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1259
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by ThunderAggie » February 1st, 2020, 10:22 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:22 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:12 pm
The dude isn't even fat anymore. Props to him. Played a heck of a game.
Nope. Still fat.
I would call it more "big-boned" :lol:



Aggie84025
Posts: 1729
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 476 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by Aggie84025 » February 1st, 2020, 10:24 pm

Whatever you want to call him the guy can flat out play and is the reason we lost tonight.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 7894
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 446 times
Been thanked: 237 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by FloridaAggie13 » February 1st, 2020, 10:25 pm

He's a heck of a player, however, one of his threes was after blatantly pushing off Bean and stepping back.

Hopefully Smith keeps hammering on the refs so if we do play them a third time we can get a foul or two called.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1729
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 476 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by Aggie84025 » February 1st, 2020, 10:28 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:25 pm
He's a heck of a player, however, one of his threes was after blatantly pushing off Bean and stepping back.

Hopefully Smith keeps hammering on the refs so if we do play them a third time we can get a foul or two called.
Also probably should have been a charge in the paint when he bulldozed over Bean who was outside the circle.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 6):
MetsJetsAggiesFloridaAggie13aggies22hipsterdoofus21sneednewtonianblue



Agzrule
Posts: 799
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:16 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by Agzrule » February 1st, 2020, 10:31 pm

He’s a fat (I can't express myself without swearing), and can shoot threes, with fair officiating he fouls out tonight in a loss



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16551
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 788 times
Been thanked: 697 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by NVAggie » February 1st, 2020, 10:41 pm

He changed the game. He also bulldozed Bean.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15855
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 407 times
Been thanked: 1020 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 1st, 2020, 10:49 pm

The biggest call of the game was the Flopping warning against bean after that bulldozing. After that Bean was afraid to try and draw a charge and Fatt Mitchell was free to bulldoze away.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
GUS



Aggie84025
Posts: 1729
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 476 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by Aggie84025 » February 1st, 2020, 10:51 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:49 pm
The biggest call of the game was the Flopping warning against bean after that bulldozing. After that Bean was afraid to try and draw a charge and Fatt Mitchell was free to bulldoze away.
Mitchell could knock over anyone and not get called. He did the same to Miller and never got called.



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1160
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » February 1st, 2020, 10:52 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:22 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 10:12 pm
The dude isn't even fat anymore. Props to him. Played a heck of a game.
Nope. Still fat.
I would call it more "big-boned" :lol:
Big bones don’t giggle when you run



User avatar
Mr. Sneelock
Posts: 4108
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 185 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by Mr. Sneelock » February 1st, 2020, 11:01 pm

We have a serious lack of athleticism on this team. We just don't have anyone that can consistently create a shot or get into the lane without turning it over, getting the ball deflected, or flopping without finishing. We need a legit outside sniper and an athletic guard.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post:
hipsterdoofus21


Formerly TulsAGGIE

User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15855
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 407 times
Been thanked: 1020 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 1st, 2020, 11:05 pm

Athletic guard: Anthony
Sniper: Bischoff



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9235
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4301 times
Been thanked: 2469 times
Contact:

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by aggies22 » February 1st, 2020, 11:40 pm

The refs and the Conference aren't going to let San Diego State lose on Kawhi night. But watch how horrible the reffing is against us on Wayne Estes night in a week.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
hipsterdoofus21



Agzrule
Posts: 799
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:16 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by Agzrule » February 2nd, 2020, 12:36 am

aggies22 wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 11:40 pm
The refs and the Conference aren't going to let San Diego State lose on Kawhi night. But watch how horrible the reffing is against us on Wayne Estes night in a week.
Refs don’t give a sheet about USU, who are you kidding?



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1154
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by scotlandog » February 2nd, 2020, 8:46 am

Agzrule wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 11:40 pm
The refs and the Conference aren't going to let San Diego State lose on Kawhi night. But watch how horrible the reffing is against us on Wayne Estes night in a week.
Refs don’t give a sheet about USU, who are you kidding?
That’s what he is saying. The position he is stating is the refs got caught up in the Kawhi night and gave them calls or more accurately they didn’t call fouls. We won’t be getting the same consideration during Wayne Estes night.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
aggies22



Agzrule
Posts: 799
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:16 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by Agzrule » February 2nd, 2020, 10:02 am

scotlandog wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 8:46 am
Agzrule wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 11:40 pm
The refs and the Conference aren't going to let San Diego State lose on Kawhi night. But watch how horrible the reffing is against us on Wayne Estes night in a week.
Refs don’t give a sheet about USU, who are you kidding?
That’s what he is saying. The position he is stating is the refs got caught up in the Kawhi night and gave them calls or more accurately they didn’t call fouls. We won’t be getting the same consideration during Wayne Estes night.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are correct, obviously I was tired when I posted that!!!



AlieH
Posts: 5
Joined: February 2nd, 2020, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by AlieH » February 2nd, 2020, 10:18 am

I literally registered to this site to compliment they way you are completely body shaming a guy that owned you, your home, and your car last night. Congrats.

Sincerely,
Alie
SDSU Class ‘09

23-0!!!!



SDSU
Troll
Posts: 179
Joined: March 16th, 2019, 1:19 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by SDSU » February 2nd, 2020, 10:26 am

Mitchell is actually pretty lean, i've met him IRL

If you really want to see his real BF%, look at his face. He's not even close to being fat

The guy is lean w/ a bulky frame.

if you want to body shame, at least do it correctly.



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1154
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by scotlandog » February 2nd, 2020, 10:29 am

AlieH wrote:I literally registered to this site to compliment they way you are completely body shaming a guy that owned you, your home, and your car last night. Congrats.

Sincerely,
Alie
SDSU Class ‘09

23-0!!!!
Sorry your feelings got hurt. Maybe there’s a safe place around you somewhere? Been a fan since 09’ but only show up here when your team is 23-0? Can someone say bandwagon?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



AlieH
Posts: 5
Joined: February 2nd, 2020, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by AlieH » February 2nd, 2020, 10:34 am

scotlandog wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 10:29 am
AlieH wrote:I literally registered to this site to compliment they way you are completely body shaming a guy that owned you, your home, and your car last night. Congrats.

Sincerely,
Alie
SDSU Class ‘09

23-0!!!!
Sorry your feelings got hurt. Maybe there’s a safe place around you somewhere? Been a fan since 09’ but only show up here when your team is 23-0? Can someone say bandwagon?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doll. I’m a season ticket holder and stood in long lines for student tix while at SDSU. I don’t need a safe place. I was just surprised people were calling him fat on this site since I always assumed people from Utah were nice. I guess Fat is the is the harshest F-word you’re aloud to say.

Alie-
23-0



brian5562
Posts: 1430
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:08 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by brian5562 » February 2nd, 2020, 10:42 am

Maybe our guys should eat like Mitchell. They all got pushed around last night.



AlieH
Posts: 5
Joined: February 2nd, 2020, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by AlieH » February 2nd, 2020, 10:49 am

brian5562 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 10:42 am
Maybe our guys should eat like Mitchell. They all got pushed around last night.
You mean leafy greens, berries, and lean meats. No soda or fast food? I think the world would be a healthier place if we ate like Matt Mitchell. He dropped 25 lbs.

Alie
23-0
These users thanked the author AlieH for the post:
Roy McAvoy



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5372
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 376 times
Been thanked: 627 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by Roy McAvoy » February 2nd, 2020, 10:53 am

AlieH wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 10:49 am
brian5562 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 10:42 am
Maybe our guys should eat like Mitchell. They all got pushed around last night.
You mean leafy greens, berries, and lean meats. No soda or fast food? I think the world would be a healthier place if we ate like Matt Mitchell. He dropped 25 lbs.

Alie
23-0
Lol. Well at least you’re helping me feel better about usu’s season. Something still must be going right if SDSU fans feel the need to run here and clutter up our board with jibberish like a little bother mentality.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15855
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 407 times
Been thanked: 1020 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 2nd, 2020, 11:44 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 10:53 am
AlieH wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 10:49 am
brian5562 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 10:42 am
Maybe our guys should eat like Mitchell. They all got pushed around last night.
You mean leafy greens, berries, and lean meats. No soda or fast food? I think the world would be a healthier place if we ate like Matt Mitchell. He dropped 25 lbs.

Alie
23-0
Lol. Well at least you’re helping me feel better about usu’s season. Something still must be going right if SDSU fans feel the need to run here and clutter up our board with jibberish like a little bother mentality.
Seriously. Living rent free in their heads since last season apparently. I’ve never even looked for an Asstech message board.

And losing 25 lbs does not equal thin. If someone weighs 300 lbs and loses 25 of them that’s just a great start. I hope he can get in better shape and have a chance at the next level cause he has talent.



AgsRock
Posts: 43
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 9:47 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by AgsRock » February 2nd, 2020, 11:46 am

I can't understand for the life of me, why SDSU is allowed to be so physical with everyone else, year in and year out. After five years in the MW it is getting old. Drives me crazy. They had two freaking fouls half way through the second half and were all over us.
These users thanked the author AgsRock for the post:
Roy McAvoy



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9235
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4301 times
Been thanked: 2469 times
Contact:

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by aggies22 » February 2nd, 2020, 11:57 am

AgsRock wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 11:46 am
I can't understand for the life of me, why SDSU is allowed to be so physical with everyone else, year in and year out. After five years in the MW it is getting old. Drives me crazy. They had two freaking fouls half way through the second half and were all over us.
All the TV babble about how athletic they are and that athleticism allows them to jump over, through and around their opposition. Hear that said enough times and everybody, including the refs believe every word.



oleblu111
Posts: 1523
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 569 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by oleblu111 » February 2nd, 2020, 11:59 am

Well I thought the best team won. I would trade Brock for Mitchell right quick.

If I thought the ref's favored one team over another like so many of you do I do not believe I would bother watching .



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1154
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by scotlandog » February 2nd, 2020, 12:13 pm

oleblu111 wrote:Well I thought the best team won. I would trade Brock for Mitchell right quick.

If I thought the ref's favored one team over another like so many of you do I do not believe I would bother watching .
It’s not about favoring. It’s about being caught up in the moment and the perception of things. No intentional bias.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



oleblu111
Posts: 1523
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 569 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by oleblu111 » February 2nd, 2020, 12:49 pm

scotlandog wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 12:13 pm
oleblu111 wrote:Well I thought the best team won. I would trade Brock for Mitchell right quick.

If I thought the ref's favored one team over another like so many of you do I do not believe I would bother watching .
It’s not about favoring. It’s about being caught up in the moment and the perception of things. No intentional bias.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess what you mean is home court advantage, like when SDS played in Logan in front of a sellout crowd with what is believed by many to be the best student section in the MWC, and we got 7 more free throws than what they did. Of course they won the game so perhaps the best team won here in spite of the home court advantage.



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7379
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1282 times
Been thanked: 375 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by USU78 » February 2nd, 2020, 12:52 pm

When the 6'5 275 player is "athletic" and the 6'5 190 player is "not," and the former slams into the latter on the upper left wing, spinning him around, causing him to nearly turn the ball over, it's because of tautology and laziness that no foul is called. The"athletic" former is presumed, perhaps unconsciously, to be so highly skilled by a lazy observer not to have caused the bruising dust up of the "not," but rather his own unskilled, clumsy feet.

Tautology and laziness.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Agzrule
Posts: 799
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:16 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: We need a fat 6'5 275 player

Post by Agzrule » February 2nd, 2020, 1:11 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 12:49 pm
scotlandog wrote:
February 2nd, 2020, 12:13 pm
oleblu111 wrote:Well I thought the best team won. I would trade Brock for Mitchell right quick.

If I thought the ref's favored one team over another like so many of you do I do not believe I would bother watching .
It’s not about favoring. It’s about being caught up in the moment and the perception of things. No intentional bias.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess what you mean is home court advantage, like when SDS played in Logan in front of a sellout crowd with what is believed by many to be the best student section in the MWC, and we got 7 more free throws than what they did. Of course they won the game so perhaps the best team won here in spite of the home court advantage.
Do not engage with oleblue, we are all teenagers in his eyes



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic