Played great with Miller out

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ThunderAggie

Played great with Miller out

Post by ThunderAggie » January 25th, 2020, 10:01 pm

Don't know the exact stats, but when Miller was on the bench in the 2nd half, we went on a huge run and they never came back! We were moving the ball, not forcing up shots, and playing smart. I hate to say it, but I think Miller should stay on the bench and play very limited minutes. Even though Porter is not a scoring threat, he is a passing threat and handles the ball well. Brito has had his struggles but found has found a little bit of mojo and thrives in a lineup without Miller. I think we saw our potential with Miller on the bench. Hopefully Smith notices and plays who gives us the best chance of winning.
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post (total 7):
codingaggieAggieFBObsession2004AGaggies22LiberalAggiejpswensenReal Life Aggie

Sl7vk

Re: Played great with Miller out

Post by Sl7vk » January 25th, 2020, 10:20 pm

I’ve been patient but Miller is a disaster.

Winning Team

Post by Winning Team » January 25th, 2020, 10:21 pm

I think that Coach Smith has been doing that lately. He is playing Britto or Miller more depending on how well they are doing. There are times when Britto just should not be in because he is a walking turnover. But when He is locked in its nice to have him in there.

Winning Team

Post by Winning Team » January 25th, 2020, 10:22 pm

Also, I partially credit Alphonso for the awesome run at the end. He played lockdown D and created good looks on offense. I think we are dangerously good when Alphonso is clicking.
These users thanked the author Winning Team for the post (total 5):
sneedDkdavisMetsJetsAggiesaggies22Real Life Aggie

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » January 25th, 2020, 10:41 pm

Alphonso getting aggressive again is the biggest thing to come out of this game. We haven’t really seen that since the LSU game. He was really the only one outside of Queta to be able to guard Roddy. Alphonso’s strength is really needed down low and brings a threat to the post that even Queta doesn’t bring. I really think that the success that Sam has tonight was in part because of the success we had in the post with Queta, Anderson, and even Bean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post (total 3):
MetsJetsAggiesaggies22AggieFBObsession

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 25th, 2020, 10:51 pm

scotlandog wrote:
January 25th, 2020, 10:41 pm
Alphonso getting aggressive again is the biggest thing to come out of this game. We haven’t really seen that since the LSU game. He was really the only one outside of Queta to be able to guard Roddy. Alphonso’s strength is really needed down low and brings a threat to the post that even Queta doesn’t bring. I really think that the success that Sam has tonight was in part because of the success we had in the post with Queta, Anderson, and even Bean.

Well if we can’t find shooters to spread the floor side to side, then we can open things up on top of the perimeter for Merrill using posts on the baseline and stretch the defense top to bottom. Regardless the OP stands, until Miller can learn what a quality shot is, his minutes should be limited.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
AggieFBObsession

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » January 25th, 2020, 11:49 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
scotlandog wrote:
January 25th, 2020, 10:41 pm

Well if we can’t find shooters to spread the floor side to side, then we can open things up on top of the perimeter for Merrill using posts on the baseline and stretch the defense top to bottom. Regardless the OP stands, until Miller can learn what a quality shot is, his minutes should be limited.
Agreed. Miller got pulled after some bad defense including fouling Thistlewood from 3. At one point, coach told him to sub in and then after he was at the table pulled him back and he never got back in. So maybe, just maybe, Smith is starting to rethink his Miller strategy.

These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 25th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Thistelwood scored 8 point in 2 minutes on miller at start of second half you cant have that. He was like 1/6 from 3 in the first that just kills momentum. I am fine giving Miller minutes when he is hitting shots but if he's not hitting shots there's no reason for him to be in there.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 25th, 2020, 11:57 pm

Awesome to see Anderson start playing better. When he is playing like you did tonight the Aggies will be tough to beat. Bairstow is also playing well not scoring a whole bunch but playing well and not making bad decisions. That was a good team win tonight especially on the defensive side of the ball. Colorado state had been scoring in the 80s for the past several games.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 26th, 2020, 12:40 am

Winning Team wrote:
January 25th, 2020, 10:22 pm
Also, I partially credit Alphonso for the awesome run at the end. He played lockdown D and created good looks on offense. I think we are dangerously good when Alphonso is clicking.
On the post game it was said that Anderson got sick in Jamaica and it's taken him this long to shake the effects.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
Winning TeamAggieFBObsessionReal Life Aggie

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » January 26th, 2020, 12:42 am

Miller had no lateral movement and Tweetybird killed him. How about the fast break three he jacked up when a simple bounce pass ahead to Bean would have been a dunk.

Anderson turned the tide with his hustle and physical play. He’s got to play more minutes.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

aggietime

Post by aggietime » January 26th, 2020, 12:48 am

aggies22 wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 12:40 am
Winning Team wrote:
January 25th, 2020, 10:22 pm
On the post game it was said that Anderson got sick in Jamaica and it's taken him this long to shake the effects.
Jamaica was before Thanksgiving, right? That is one hell of an illness. Was any more insight given on what he was dealing with?

Anderson changes the ceiling of this team more than almost anyone. You generally know what you're getting with Sam, Queta, Bean, and Porter, but if Alphonso can play tough defense and attack on offense (not settle for 3s like he has been), we can hang with a lot of teams. The LSU game being the obvious example.
These users thanked the author aggietime for the post:
Winning Team

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » January 26th, 2020, 8:28 am

I hate to pile on but there was a time in the first half where Miller lunched a contested 3 and bricked it then CSU went down the other end and Millers guy dribbled right by him for an easy layup. Miller can contribute to this but he needs get it figured out.

Locked Previous topicNext topic