CSU/The Future

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
bpd

CSU/The Future

Post by bpd » January 23rd, 2020, 9:34 pm

CSU is legit. They have won 5 in a row and are playing really well. They have really improved since the beginning of the year. They play different than last year. Carvacho is still a big part of their offense, but they no longer run the offense through him. Last night he had 4 points. They are young and very athletic. They have two freshmen Stevens a quick pg and Roddy a beast and athletic 4 man. He was recruited in the big 10 to play football. Anyways, they are top 100 Kenpom and if we can win it will be a good win.

CSU will be damn good next year, so will UNLV. SDSU will probably good, Nevada will be decent or better. All these teams have something we don’t. Very good athletes. I know we have Marco Anthony, but are we recruiting any more guards. I like Bairstow and I like our recruits, but I think it is obvious we need an athletic PG. 22 do you know what we are recruiting for next year?

nvspuds

Re: CSU/The Future

Post by nvspuds » January 23rd, 2020, 10:10 pm

Wow...decent..you are making me blush.
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » January 23rd, 2020, 10:13 pm

Here's my struggle with the "we're not athletic enough" argument. We didn't lose our games this year because we weren't athletic enough, with the exception of SDSU, we lost them because we had a low effort, low urgency, lousy streaky shooting and a bunch of injuries. We didn't get blown out at AFA or UNLV because we were less athletic.

Go Aggies!

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 23rd, 2020, 10:31 pm

CSU has a good coach and is recruiting well. We better come ready as they are a good team. Need our guards to play well.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » January 23rd, 2020, 10:47 pm

bpd wrote:CSU is legit. They have won 5 in a row and are playing really well. They have really improved since the beginning of the year. They play different than last year. Carvacho is still a big part of their offense, but they no longer run the offense through him. Last night he had 4 points. They are young and very athletic. They have two freshmen Stevens a quick pg and Roddy a beast and athletic 4 man. He was recruited in the big 10 to play football. Anyways, they are top 100 Kenpom and if we can win it will be a good win.

CSU will be damn good next year, so will UNLV. SDSU will probably good, Nevada will be decent or better. All these teams have something we don’t. Very good athletes. I know we have Marco Anthony, but are we recruiting any more guards. I like Bairstow and I like our recruits, but I think it is obvious we need an athletic PG. 22 do you know what we are recruiting for next year?
It was obvious last year to everybody not named Craig smith that we needed an athletic PG and unfortunately he’s the only one who matters.

I think Anthony will be our athletic pg but I’d really like to see smith recruit over miller and get an athletic shooting guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 23rd, 2020, 11:18 pm

bpd wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 9:34 pm
CSU is legit. They have won 5 in a row and are playing really well. They have really improved since the beginning of the year. They play different than last year. Carvacho is still a big part of their offense, but they no longer run the offense through him. Last night he had 4 points. They are young and very athletic. They have two freshmen Stevens a quick pg and Roddy a beast and athletic 4 man. He was recruited in the big 10 to play football. Anyways, they are top 100 Kenpom and if we can win it will be a good win.

I think there is a good chance that we'll try and add another guard (possibly JuCo) and another McChesney-like stretch 4.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » January 24th, 2020, 1:46 am

As long as we can defend and MAKE shots, I'm good with our athleticism.

As for CSU, I doubt we lose at home to anyone else. On the road? I have no confidence that we can beat anyone.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » January 24th, 2020, 9:10 am

brownjeans wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 1:46 am

As for CSU, I doubt we lose at home to anyone else. On the road? I have no confidence that we can beat anyone.
Great point our biggest issue this year and especially in conference is our shooting. Our 3 point shooting is horrendous and is keeping us from winning more games. Nevada and Boise are more athletic than us and other than the disaster last 3 minutes of Boise we dominated those games. If we can get our 3 point % up we will be a tough team to beat. If we stay at 30% or below we will struggle.

BigBlueBlood

Post by BigBlueBlood » January 24th, 2020, 9:54 am

No one can argue with wanting more athletic players. Everyone wants athleticism, as long as there is talent to accompany it. This "unathletic" Aggie team stormed the MWC last year and beat teams with more athleticism. While more athleticism is hoped for, I don't think comparatively lacking athleticism is our problem, or main problem, this year.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » January 24th, 2020, 10:37 am

I see a lot of teams getting better next year - even more improvement than we have seen this year league wide.

As for the Aggies, I'm not convinced we are keeping pace. I like coach Smith's energy and the way he gets his players to play for him but I'm tired of being the "plucky, hard working, fundamentally sound, (insert next buzz word here for nonathletic), etc." team. Imagine being all of those things and also being athletic! Why is it that we have been conditioned to think it has to be one or the other in Logan?
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
AggieFBObsession

coolag

Post by coolag » January 24th, 2020, 11:14 am

Aglicious wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 10:37 am
I see a lot of teams getting better next year - even more improvement than we have seen this year league wide.

As for the Aggies, I'm not convinced we are keeping pace. I like coach Smith's energy and the way he gets his players to play for him but I'm tired of being the "plucky, hard working, fundamentally sound, (insert next buzz word here for nonathletic), etc." team. Imagine being all of those things and also being athletic! Why is it that we have been conditioned to think it has to be one or the other in Logan?
Because USU and its fans are cheap whiners who are mean on message boards and Logan is a racist town with no bars and a corrupt police force. Logan has really changed over the last 50 years for the worst and now ath- a- letic players have no interest getting a quality education at such a place. I wish it was more like it was in the 60's.

Regulator of Class

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » January 24th, 2020, 12:48 pm

coolag wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 11:14 am
Aglicious wrote:

Because USU and its fans are cheap whiners who are mean on message boards and Logan is a racist town with no bars and a corrupt police force. Logan has really changed over the last 50 years for the worst and now ath- a- letic players have no interest getting a quality education at such a place. I wish it was more like it was in the 60's.
Because all the things you complained about where TOTALLY better in the 60s.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » January 24th, 2020, 1:08 pm

You forgot to mention the cartels...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
ShowMeAggie

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » January 24th, 2020, 1:25 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 9:10 am
brownjeans wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 1:46 am

Great point our biggest issue this year and especially in conference is our shooting. Our 3 point shooting is horrendous and is keeping us from winning more games. Nevada and Boise are more athletic than us and other than the disaster last 3 minutes of Boise we dominated those games. If we can get our 3 point % up we will be a tough team to beat. If we stay at 30% or below we will struggle.
I don't know that Nevada is particularly athletic. Like every team, including you, other than SDSU, they are good at home mediocre on the road. The thing Nevada does best is catch and shoot 3's at a pretty good clip. That is probably, the least athletic thing you can do on a basketball court.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » January 24th, 2020, 3:56 pm

I want good basketball players. If they're athletic, bonus.

GUS

Post by GUS » January 24th, 2020, 7:07 pm

USU is favored by 8 over CSU. I expect USU to win.

coolag

Post by coolag » January 24th, 2020, 7:47 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 12:48 pm
coolag wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 11:14 am
Aglicious wrote:

Because all the things you complained about where TOTALLY better in the 60s.
Sarcasm my fellow Aggie sarcasm.

Regulator of Class

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » January 25th, 2020, 12:04 pm

Based on recovery from injuries and a newfound sense of urgency, I think USU will lose no more than 2 the rest of the conference season.

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Locked Previous topicNext topic