Good job fellow conference mate Hawaii for getting...

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ViAggie

Good job fellow conference mate Hawaii for getting...

Post by ViAggie » December 25th, 2019, 11:47 am

the job done vs who ever it is they played. Congrats! :cheers: SDSU did us a solid too! Come on AFA, Wyo and Nevada, get it done!
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
JSHarvey

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

NavyBlueAggie

Re: Good job fellow conference mate Hawaii for getting...

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 25th, 2019, 5:32 pm

I watched the last half of that exciting game. Provo came out hard in the 3rd quarter and took over the game. Hawaii responded and won the 4th quarter and what a game it was. The 3 announcers were very knowledgeable and kept their viewing audience in the picture with comments about BOTH ongoing offensive and defensive adjustments as well as noting the skills and performance of various players. One comment that resonated with me was speculation about Wilson being a sophomore and being able to finish his career the way he plays.

tinplater

Post by tinplater » December 25th, 2019, 5:49 pm

So pleased there was no "divine intervention"...I fully expected the Y to pull off a last second touchdown. Couldn't be happier with a Wilson interception to finish the game.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 25th, 2019, 7:28 pm

tinplater wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 5:49 pm
So pleased there was no "divine intervention"...I fully expected the Y to pull off a last second touchdown. Couldn't be happier with a Wilson interception to finish the game.
And a question could be raised,,,,,,,,"was the Wilson interception a divine intervention"? Looked to me like both coaching staffs were hard at work adjusting and countering as best they could that second half. Brilliant defensive back play enabled that interception against a robust cougar offense. Actually was a very engaging to watch the coaching duel from a somewhat dispassionate view point. Thank you Hawaii.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post (total 2):
JSHarveyAggieFBObsession

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » December 25th, 2019, 9:30 pm

Thank you Hawaii. The game is exactly what cougars deserved. So great to see them suck, then play well, get hopes all up, then have the zebra make bold calls to spear them in the side. They score again and make 2 of the stupidest plays by passing. Then give up a TD. Makes those cougars hate their coaches, hate the refs and drown in sorrows for months. Well scripted drama and I loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GUS

Post by GUS » December 25th, 2019, 9:46 pm

For some strange reason the cougars usually get the benefit of the officials calls. It was wonderful to see some calls go against them. They were eating their young over on cougarboard. Humorous reading.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » December 26th, 2019, 10:36 am

ViAggie wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 11:47 am
the job done vs who ever it is they played. Congrats! :cheers: SDSU did us a solid too! Come on AFA, Wyo and Nevada, get it done!
SDSU Asstecs are in my Ute/BYU category. I don’t cheer for any to win with only a couple of exceptions. I never cheer for SDS unless they are playing the U or the Y. I only want the Y to win if they are playing the U. There are no circumstances where I would ever cheer for the U to win...in any sport.

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » December 26th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Yes. Hats off to Hawaii. To me, their defeat of the Cougs shows that we lost that game on the basis of emotion and psychology (and perhaps defensive coaching) but not necessarily talent.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 26th, 2019, 2:33 pm

Smokin Joe wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 1:21 pm
Yes. Hats off to Hawaii. To me, their defeat of the Cougs shows that we lost that game on the basis of emotion and psychology (and perhaps defensive coaching) but not necessarily talent.
Yep with a better coaching staff we beat a 7-6 byu team in their house 45-20. This year with an inferior staff we got blown out in our stadium by a 7-6 byu team. It wasnt talent that lost that game. It was poor scheme, poor preparation and poor adjustments.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
AggieFBObsession

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » December 26th, 2019, 3:22 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 7:28 pm
tinplater wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 5:49 pm
And a question could be raised,,,,,,,,"was the Wilson interception a divine intervention"?
I really like your posts! There's no really like button here.

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » December 26th, 2019, 5:13 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 2:33 pm
Smokin Joe wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 1:21 pm
Yep with a better coaching staff we beat a 7-6 byu team in their house 45-20. This year with an inferior staff we got blown out in our stadium by a 7-6 byu team. It wasnt talent that lost that game. It was poor scheme, poor preparation and poor adjustments.
Preparation had a lot to do with it but talent also played a big role in our loss to BYU. With a new O line, no linebackers, and a below average secondary how can you expect to be competitive?

Locked Previous topicNext topic