Is there ever a time

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
YouEssYou

Is there ever a time

Post by YouEssYou » December 22nd, 2019, 9:23 pm

when Chuckie Keaton would come back as an OC? Has he paid his dues enough for that position? I saw a picture of him with some people at the bowl game (he wasn't wearing any USU garb that I could see) and it got me wondering. I remember hearing how he studied a ton of film. Just curious to see what people think. For the record, I know that we have an OC and I don't think he is going anywhere for at least 12 months.

MWCFAN12

Re: Is there ever a time

Post by MWCFAN12 » December 22nd, 2019, 9:35 pm

Why would he want to? You come here and win 7 games and people will be calling for your head? Hell I doubt 8 or 9 would be enough to satisfy people around here?

We have people want to fire Yost after the first year. I used to make fun of BYU fans because they would call for Broncos head after 8 and 5 season. Our fans are just as ignorant.

Why the hell would it any good coach want to be a part of that?

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 22nd, 2019, 9:50 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 9:35 pm
Why would he want to? You come here and win 7 games and people will be calling for your head? Hell I doubt 8 or 9 would be enough to satisfy people around here?

We have people want to fire Yost after the first year. I used to make fun of BYU fans because they would call for Broncos head after 8 and 5 season. Our fans are just as ignorant.

I have to agree mwc12 on this we have fans so called fan (I can't express myself without swearing) about a winning season on this site. Knowing full well that recruits, players and there families visit this site. Why would anyone want to come here. Hick, Agmac, dyeblue, prime all your doing at this point is hurting the program!!! So please stop. You can say your only voicing your frustration but I'd call the Athletic dept. and do it in person! Put your loud mouths on the line. I've done it in the past and they're very willing to listen.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 22nd, 2019, 10:03 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 9:50 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:

I have to agree mwc12 on this we have fans so called fan (I can't express myself without swearing) about a winning season on this site. Knowing full well that recruits, players and there families visit this site. Why would anyone want to come here. Hick, Agmac, dyeblue, prime all your doing at this point is hurting the program!!! So please stop. You can say your only voicing your frustration but I'd call the Athletic dept. and do it in person! Put your loud mouths on the line. I've done it in the past and they're very willing to listen.
Thank you for this post.
Our job is to stand behind this program and these kids. If you don’t like the job then get another.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » December 22nd, 2019, 10:27 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:

KissMyAg
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by KissMyAg » December 22nd, 2019, 10:40 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
MWCFAN12 wrote:

Hick, Agmac, Dyedblue are definitely hurting the program. The fact that they don’t understand (or care) that recruits read the board blows my mind.

JonnyCienPesos

Is there ever a time

Post by JonnyCienPesos » December 22nd, 2019, 10:44 pm

Recruits and their families routinely visit the board. You may say; “well...every school’s board is the same.” That may be true, but USU can’t always afford to be like everyone else. Sometimes a recruit and their family are looking for something different. To say that this board hasn’t influenced decisions would be naive. But hey don’t tell a grown man that he can’t bad mouth a kid anonymously on the internet damn it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post (total 4):
lionheadusufan1Aggiefan33bigblue

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 22nd, 2019, 10:50 pm

Fine I’ll step back. Have fun and I’ll see you all come spring ball. If you think that what I’ve said is going to turn recruits off then I think your mistaken. Look at the scoreboard and what was done one the field and it speaks for itself. I truly do want this staff to succeed because that means the Aggies are succeeding. A seven win season is a good accomplishment for any Aggie team.

31-7
42-14
56-21

Does way more damaging in the recruiting trail than anything said here. Peace out. Go Aggies.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

JonnyCienPesos

Is there ever a time

Post by JonnyCienPesos » December 22nd, 2019, 10:52 pm

dyedblue wrote:Fine I’ll step back. Have fun and I’ll see you all come spring ball. If you think that what I’ve said is going to turn recruits off then I think your mistaken. Look at the scoreboard and what was done one the field and it speaks for itself. I truly do want this staff to succeed because that means the Aggies are succeeding. A seven win season is a good accomplishment for any Aggie team.

31-7
42-14
56-21

Does way more damaging in the recruiting trail than anything said here. Peace out. Go Aggies.

But you can’t do anything about that. You can do something about the content on this board.

These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post (total 2):
2004AGbigblue

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

KissMyAg

Post by KissMyAg » December 22nd, 2019, 11:18 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 10:52 pm
dyedblue wrote:Fine I’ll step back. Have fun and I’ll see you all come spring ball. If you think that what I’ve said is going to turn recruits off then I think your mistaken. Look at the scoreboard and what was done one the field and it speaks for itself. I truly do want this staff to succeed because that means the Aggies are succeeding. A seven win season is a good accomplishment for any Aggie team.

31-7
42-14
56-21

But you can’t do anything about that. You can do something about the content on this board.
^^^this

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » December 23rd, 2019, 6:21 am

"your" vs. "you're"

Look up how to use them, folks.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 23rd, 2019, 7:40 am

I’m a basketball junky, but I have tried really hard to make myself get into the football program because I understand it’s the flagship of the athletic department. But I’m not a natural football fan. I honestly can’t recall the last time I watched a football game that didn’t involve the Aggies.

Even in the good seasons, I just don’t enjoy the games that much because I don’t love football. In the bad seasons, I acknowledge it brings out a toxic side of my personality that even I don’t like that much. Perhaps all of this is just a product of me trying to get invested in something (football) that, in all honesty, I just really don’t like that much. Frankly, my forced football fandom doesn’t really feel all that necessary, particularly if I am actually damaging the program (though I tend to think the influence of a random message board poster’s negative take on recruits is a bit overblown).

After some introspection, I’m going to take a break from the football forum and football in general and re-evaluate whether I want to continue following Aggie football. The two or so people that may miss me — never fear, I’ll be on the basketball board. :thumbsup:

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » December 23rd, 2019, 8:31 am

To be honest, I haven't enjoyed this board as much over this season. In fact, it has been several seasons. I can handle some complaining about refs and attendance. I feel like we have become an entitled fan base. We think that our money gives us the right to put down coaches and players. I can handle a well-thought out argument. I dislike the bully-like tactics that are now being used. I find myself reading less and less. I think we can all take a step back and see what we can do to improve the atmosphere of our digital community.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
Aggiefan33Aggie19

coolag

Post by coolag » December 23rd, 2019, 8:34 am

BigBlueDart wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 6:21 am
"your" vs. "you're"

Look up how to use them, folks.
laym post. 2/10

Regulator of Class

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » December 23rd, 2019, 8:50 am

NVAggie wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 8:31 am
To be honest, I haven't enjoyed this board as much over this season. In fact, it has been several seasons. I can handle some complaining about refs and attendance. I feel like we have become an entitled fan base. We think that our money gives us the right to put down coaches and players. I can handle a well-thought out argument. I dislike the bully-like tactics that are now being used. I find myself reading less and less. I think we can all take a step back and see what we can do to improve the atmosphere of our digital community.
I agree. I was kind if made fun of because I thought it was wrong for people on this board to say a young man "Sucks". It's simply not needed. It takes zero thought and intellect to make such comments. I think many of us are disappointed with the season. That's a given after the 11-2 year. But, hopefully we can have discussions that are insightful and less demeaning. Go Aggies, and I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and Holiday season.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 23rd, 2019, 9:37 am

Twenty years ago the Ags went 3-3 in the BWC and 4-7 overall. It was considered a reasonably unembarrassing season.

Ain't it great that expectations have grown? And the fanbase's hunger for success has has grown?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » December 23rd, 2019, 9:47 am

USU78 wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 9:37 am
Twenty years ago the Ags went 3-3 in the BWC and 4-7 overall. It was considered a reasonably unembarrassing season.

Ain't it great that expectations have grown? And the fanbase's hunger for success has has grown?
...................and put our money where our mouths are.

KissMyAg

Post by KissMyAg » December 23rd, 2019, 9:59 am

NVAggie wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 8:31 am
^^^^^^^^^^^ this

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 23rd, 2019, 10:37 am

Back to the original question. Would Chuckie Keeton ever return to Utah State as an offensive coordinator? Yes. Why do I know this? Because when I asked him, he responded, "I would love to coach at Utah State my entire career." I am certainly not writing off Mike Sanford because I think he is a good offensive mind but mark my words, as long as there is a member of the Gary Andersen coaching tree or Gary Andersen himself as the Head Coach at Utah State, Chuckie Keeton will eventually make his return.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
Aggie_in_IdahoGaAggie

Locked Previous topicNext topic