If Hartwell can force Wells

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 21st, 2019, 3:24 pm

to fire himself from being the OC, then he can force Gary to fire Ena.

Elkaggie

Re: If Hartwell can force Wells

Post by Elkaggie » December 21st, 2019, 3:35 pm

Won’t happen.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 21st, 2019, 3:37 pm

That’s funny. Hartwell got neutered by the booster that forced him to hire Gary. Not going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by dyedblue on December 21st, 2019, 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 21st, 2019, 4:39 pm

Ena shouldn’t be fired. Give him one more year.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » December 21st, 2019, 5:17 pm

2004AG wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 4:39 pm
Ena shouldn’t be fired. Give him one more year.

Agree

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » December 21st, 2019, 6:00 pm

What does Laub think? Is he friends with Ena?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 21st, 2019, 6:25 pm

It wouldn't be all bad if Laub had to learn a lesson that he shouldn't meddle in the sport decisions. Meddling boosters (or owners in pro sports) never result in successful outcomes. For every meddling booster/owner situation that went well, you can probably find 10 that were a disaster.

It's a bad deal.

coolag

Post by coolag » December 21st, 2019, 8:50 pm

This whole thread and topic is blasphemy!!! Ask forgiveness now before it's too late.

Regulator of Class

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » December 21st, 2019, 11:14 pm

I can't believe how much our fanbase base sounds like BYU fans. It is mother F*&ing embarrassing.

The coaching staff has been here one year

Our talent level was very depleted and we had very little depth

We won 7 games we're not mother F\puking Alabama

We had significant injuries to key players
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post (total 5):
Usu0505bigblueBadElbowAggie75oleblu111

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 22nd, 2019, 5:56 am

Add in the fact that without Laub we would not be where we are. I would say without him we would need to drop to fcs football. We won 7 games with this schedule which is not bad. I would have loved to have won the bowl game just as much as everyone else. I know it gets brought up here a lot but the the way we are performing with the budget we have is simply remarkable. I know money isn't everything but if there is a big correlation between that and success so to be in the situation we are in we should all just be extremely grateful.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
NavyBlueAggieoleblu111

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » December 22nd, 2019, 6:59 am

I think the biggest problem with the team this year is that it just isn't entertaining to watch. At the end of the day, that is, entertainment. Sure you have your handful of die hard fans who will sit through anything but for most people who have limited time and money you need to make a case for them to spend both watching USU football. Personally, I didn't really enjoy this season.
These users thanked the author YouEssYou for the post (total 3):
BustaMcNuttNVAggieProvoAggie

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » December 22nd, 2019, 7:23 am

I agree. It was a tough season to watch. Very annoying to see us get wiped out by teams we should play with. Annoying to watch the defense give up third down after third down. Annoying to watch the offense look competent at times then have three straight three and outs or fail in the red zone. I’m happy with the 7 wins. The bowl game was another embarrassment. Honestly, I’m glad the season is over. I look forward to what the team can do next year.

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » December 22nd, 2019, 7:36 am

NVAggie wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:23 am
I agree. It was a tough season to watch. Very annoying to see us get wiped out by teams we should play with. Annoying to watch the defense give up third down after third down. Annoying to watch the offense look competent at times then have three straight three and outs or fail in the red zone. I’m happy with the 7 wins. The bowl game was another embarrassment. Honestly, I’m glad the season is over. I look forward to what the team can do next year.
It will be interesting to see what attendance looks like next year. I suspect it will be down quite a bit, though not playing Boise and Byu at home will play into that.

gomretat

Post by gomretat » December 22nd, 2019, 8:18 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 11:14 pm
I can't believe how much our fanbase base sounds like BYU fans. It is mother F*&ing embarrassing.

What does it mean for next year? Very few scholarships available. A tougher schedule. A new quarterback. Where does the needed depth come from? We are betting s whole bunch on internal development of existing talent. Can this coaching staff can get it done?

We agree on how much this site sounds like Cougarboard. No real difference.

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » December 22nd, 2019, 9:13 am

But the layout and display is so much better 😍
These users thanked the author BLUERUFiO for the post:
NVAggie

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » December 22nd, 2019, 9:32 am

Do we have players redshirting that contribute next year? Thompson? Willingham? Vongchamp? I'm thinking linebacker spot. I have high hopes for Duncan but he might need a year to get back in shape.

I'm also concerned about our dline and how it got pushed around. I'm guessing that was mostly for playing lbs as D ends. Lack of speed was a killer, our LBs couldn't catch their QB. Not wrapping up while tackling was an elementary mistake. We ran by the guy with the ball several times. Even their fumble was missed tackle by our safety.

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » December 22nd, 2019, 10:07 am

I agree generally the coaches need/deserve more time.

BUT, the pattern of essentially no adjustments to scheme or strategy throughout the season when it was obvious that what we were using (on both offense and defense) had significant problems is a very worrisome reality. Some changes to approach do need to made (willingly or unwillingly).

GA needs to do exactly what he did the first time around - figure out defensive and offensive schemes that work with whatever talent/abilities our players have.
Last edited by JSHarvey on December 22nd, 2019, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author JSHarvey for the post (total 3):
BLUERUFiOTrueBlueAggie123LKGates

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

TrueBlueAggie123

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » December 22nd, 2019, 10:25 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:I can't believe how much our fanbase base sounds like BYU fans. It is mother F*&ing embarrassing.

Our defense was supposed to be our strong point this year. Ena ruined Tipa by moving him and our DB’s were playing 7 yards off the LOS every play. And no one could tackle. That’s not because of injuries. Ena needs to go

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » December 22nd, 2019, 10:35 am

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 10:25 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:I can't believe how much our fanbase base sounds like BYU fans. It is mother F*&ing embarrassing.

Our defense was supposed to be our strong point this year. Ena ruined Tipa by moving him and our DB’s were playing 7 yards off the LOS every play. And no one could tackle. That’s not because of injuries. Ena needs to go

So what if our defense was not as good as it should have been we had a ton of injuries.

Not to mention the fact we were two plays away from winning nine games..
No way in a million years would I have dreamt we would win nine games this year.
Everyone just needs to chill out. We sound like a bunch of whiny b****** complaining about how terrible are coaching is when we still won 7 games.

Not to mention the fact it's their first f****** year. Give it a little bit of time for hell sakes.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 22nd, 2019, 7:02 pm

Gary has mentioned multiple times that this team lacks physical toughness. He brought up the weight room numbers and mentioned that the team needed to get stronger. That does not happen overnight. One thing about Gary's old teams at USU was they were as tough or tougher than the other team. To go along with the toughness you need to also instill a blue collar attitude with that.
One thing I do not understand is moving Tipa to DE. Tipa is a finesse type player who is not going to match up with a 300 lb lineman and physically man handle him He works well with his quickness and length from a stand up DE position or OLB position.
I think Heninger is going to have a solid year next year. He plays physical and will do really well next year I hope.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » December 22nd, 2019, 7:41 pm

Also understated is how garbage a S&C coach Dave Scholz was/is. The “results” he got looked good as far as self promoting himself on Twitter but the program he ran for the kids was criminal.

Everything will be better next year with a full year in a better program. Do not underestimate the institutional rot that took place under Matt the last 18 months of his tenure.
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post (total 4):
MrBiggleJFW_AGGIESsockpuppetoleblu111

Showing my True Colors since 2022

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 22nd, 2019, 10:12 pm

rAggie wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:41 pm
Also understated is how garbage a S&C coach Dave Scholz was/is. The “results” he got looked good as far as self promoting himself on Twitter but the program he ran for the kids was criminal.

Everything will be better next year with a full year in a better program. Do not underestimate the institutional rot that took place under Matt the last 18 months of his tenure.
I'll 2nd this Dave was about bodybuilding not building FB players, I also have 1st hand knowledge of the "rot" that MW fostered within the AD.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 22nd, 2019, 10:43 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 10:12 pm
rAggie wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:41 pm

I'll 2nd this Dave was about bodybuilding not building FB players, I also have 1st hand knowledge of the "rot" that MW fostered within the AD.
I dont work out but what difference is there from body lifting and building football players? I dont lift weights so have no clue.
What type of rot are we talking about that Matt let happen?

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 22nd, 2019, 11:11 pm

KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 10:46 pm
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:

---[edited for content]--- No reason for a personal attack when someone expresses an opinion on this board. Please refer to the forum rules. -The Management
Can we please stop trying to shame our fellow fans. Do all fans have to agree?
Last edited by brownjeans on December 23rd, 2019, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
NVAggie

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » December 23rd, 2019, 6:41 am

Some people need more balance in their lives. Never understood calling for a man to lose his job.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 23rd, 2019, 7:05 am

ratofallaggies wrote:Some people need more balance in their lives. Never understood calling for a man to lose his job.
Certainly not after 7 wins and this staff’s first year.

Brent Guy deserved to be called out to lose his job. Even though I’m sure he was a nice guy.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 23rd, 2019, 12:13 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 6:41 am
Some people need more balance in their lives. Never understood calling for a man to lose his job.
I don't think Ena or any coach on the current staff should lose their job. It was their first year and Ena's first season as a DC. However if things don't improve fans have the right to call for coaching changes. Brent Guy deserved to be fired. Tim Duryea deserved to be fired. At times programs need to make coaching changes for the betterment of the program. If you can land a Craig Smith you fire a Tim Duryea.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 23rd, 2019, 12:17 pm

KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 10:46 pm
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:

---[edited for content]--- No reason for a personal attack when someone expresses an opinion on this board. Please refer to the forum rules. -The Management
So because he gave an opinion you don't like he isn't a true Aggie? Honestly that seems even more toxic than fans wanting coaches fired prematurely. Fans are allowed to have opinions. I don't think Ena should be fired. He was a rookie DC and hopefully he'll grow into the position. I also respect the belief that he was not great this year. There were many bad defensive performances this year. It does not make someone a bad fan for calling that out and wanting better.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » December 23rd, 2019, 12:20 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 12:13 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
I don't think Ena or any coach on the current staff should lose their job. It was their first year and Ena's first season as a DC. However if things don't improve fans have the right to call for coaching changes. Brent Guy deserved to be fired. Tim Duryea deserved to be fired. At times programs need to make coaching changes for the betterment of the program. If you can land a Craig Smith you fire a Tim Duryea.
Never said some coaches don't deserve to be fired, just find it odd that some will angrily insist that a man lose his job.

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » December 25th, 2019, 8:57 am

ratofallaggies wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 12:20 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 12:13 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
Never said some coaches don't deserve to be fired, just find it odd that some will angrily insist that a man lose his job.
To say there were key injuries is an understatement. Year 2 will tell the story.

#hornsup!

AGGIEFIGHT
Has thanked: 0

Post by AGGIEFIGHT » December 25th, 2019, 9:52 am

I believe we will see Anderson bring an experienced defensive coach to fill the vacant 10th coach position. I know he has
talked to at least one coach that has 30 years+ coaching on the defensive side. I think new coasch will be their to help the young coaches to develop and succeed.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 25th, 2019, 9:58 am

Blue Sage wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 8:57 am
To say there were key injuries is an understatement. Year 2 will tell the story.
Looking at the schedule next year, I think we have six almost certain losses.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » December 25th, 2019, 10:11 am

IMHO the biggest problem on this team was a lack of toughness, they under achieved in the weight room, that is something they can and should improve on, all the linemen on both sides of the ball got pushed around a lot. That needs to change before what alignment they are in becomes a big factor

This team won about as many as I thought they would, except they did beat San Diego. I expect less wins next year as they need more time to improve and they do need to fill a lot of holes. I do not expect results until year 3 of G.A. tenure .

I have increased my football donation, and will buy a few more season tickets. Not being able to afford the 10th coach is a bit of a problem to me as a booster.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 26th, 2019, 8:52 am

YouEssYou wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:36 am
NVAggie wrote:
It will be interesting to see what attendance looks like next year. I suspect it will be down quite a bit, though not playing Boise and Byu at home will play into that.
Tough call about potential attendance in 2020 even though Boise and byu aren't in town next season. The Boise game was modestly attended due to the late start and cold weather, (and boy was it cold) and if the schedule designed by the conference moguls is more favorable to earlier starting times for games, we may not be so dismally undersold next season.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 26th, 2019, 9:56 am

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 8:52 am
YouEssYou wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:36 am
NVAggie wrote:
Tough call about potential attendance in 2020 even though Boise and byu aren't in town next season. The Boise game was modestly attended due to the late start and cold weather, (and boy was it cold) and if the schedule designed by the conference moguls is more favorable to earlier starting times for games, we may not be so dismally undersold next season.
Yup. If we get 3 home games in October rather than November who knows.
Either way, I'll be there.

Locked Previous topicNext topic