Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggiesdotcom

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by aggiesdotcom » December 20th, 2019, 9:19 am

Weed is not legal in New Mexico yet but how long does it stay in your system? The football team did travel to Fresno recently and it would have been legal to consume marijuana there.

bpd

Post by bpd » December 20th, 2019, 9:54 am

They were briefly talking about this on the Dan Patrick Show today, they didn't have all the details. The question was asked if Love was going to play and they basically laughed it off....like who cares he smoked weed.

By the way, the more details that come out about this, the more ridiculous it sounds.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 20th, 2019, 10:10 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 9:16 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:33 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:24 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 7:45 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 7:36 pm
We need to get rid of the zero tolerance policy.

My expectation is that this means what zero tolerance often means- ie police are unable to use discretion. They have to pursue it. They are unable to “not further investigate” when they suspect there was marijuana.
They have discretion. It is just in direct conflict with the number one qualification to be a police officer in the valley..

1. BE A COMPLETE AS$ HOLE
But they have a zero tolerance policy. Its ingrained at a much higher level.

I'm not sure how it manifests in practice in Logan- But often times if there is a zero tolerance policy and the officers did NOT pursue there could be various levels of consequences on the officers.

Sometimes zero tolerance is a good thing. We should have zero tolerance for people who drive while intoxicated. Typically that limit is .08 and in Utah it is .05... You can still get a DWI/DUI in states with a .05 BAC in states that have a .08 limit but the officers are allowed to use discretion. But above that they cannot.

https://www.loganutah.org/government/de ... /drugs.php

I dont know if it's a department policy or a county/city policy- but if that is the policy, and my understanding of the policy is correct- Officers literally have no choice other than move to another department but to enforce the rule.
That policy is obviously focused on narcotics and addiction if you read the page. Smoking a joint in your own apartment is about the equivalent of drinking a beer in your own basement during Prohibition. To go to the lengths to get warrants when no evidence was seen or found is absurd.

I dont come to that same conclusion after re-reading the page. They hyperlink to a page about marijuana and they have a picture of what I believe is a large amount of marijuana. What makes you conclude that they are only talking about narcotics?

I agree that it shouldnt be as big of a deal, I just dont know if police have leeway. Zero Tolerance policies is literally how you have kids getting suspended for school for biting their pop tart into the shape of a gun. Administrators of the law do not necessarily have a choice.
If that’s your conclusion, I don’t know what to tell you. Virtually every paragraph states the justification for their policy is addiction and narcotics. MJ might be included in the umbrella of illegal drugs but it’s clearly not the focus. Hell, they even say directly that the tip line should be used to report narcotics. Doesn’t say anything about reporting marijuana use in a private residence.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 20th, 2019, 10:15 am

And just to be clear, I think legalization for medical purposes is a no-brainer. But I’m conflicted on recreational use. I can see both sides of the argument. But I’m not someone who thinks recreational pot smoking is a good idea. I don’t and wouldn’t encourage it. I just think this was a huge over-reach and totally unnecessary.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 20th, 2019, 11:21 am

aggiesdotcom wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 9:19 am
Weed is not legal in New Mexico yet but how long does it stay in your system? The football team did travel to Fresno recently and it would have been legal to consume marijuana there.
It honestly doesn't matter where it was legal or not. To prevail the prosecutor has to prove that they possessed weed in Logan Utah. THC metabolite is not even THC. Its a marker indicating the past presence of THC in your system.

Utah has one of the most insane DUI laws in the country that can basically get you convicted for any measurable metabolyte including pot. However, the possession statute doesn't account for metabolytes:

It is unlawful for a person knowingly and intentionally to possess or use a controlled substance analog or a controlled substance, unless it was obtained under a valid prescription or order, directly from a practitioner while acting in the course of the person's professional practice, or as otherwise authorized by this chapter;
(ii) for an owner, tenant, licensee, or person in control of a building, room, tenement, vehicle, boat, aircraft, or other place knowingly and intentionally to permit them to be occupied by persons unlawfully possessing, using, or distributing controlled substances in any of those locations;

I don't know Utah case law on this but a metabolyte shouldn't be able to be used to show where a drug was used nor prove possession of the drug itself in the jurisdiction being charged. As long as everyone kept quiet this would seem like a very difficult cased to prove as long as the jury instructions did not allow for metabolytes=possession.

MalAgua

Post by MalAgua » December 20th, 2019, 11:23 am

What is this, the 70's? It's all about edibles...

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 20th, 2019, 11:30 am

hickaggie wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
aggiesdotcom wrote:
It honestly doesn't matter where it was legal or not. To prevail the prosecutor has to prove that they possessed weed in Logan Utah. THC metabolite is not even THC. Its a marker indicating the past presence of THC in your system.

Utah has one of the most insane DUI laws in the country that can basically get you convicted for any measurable metabolyte including pot. However, the possession statute doesn't account for metabolytes:

It is unlawful for a person knowingly and intentionally to possess or use a controlled substance analog or a controlled substance, unless it was obtained under a valid prescription or order, directly from a practitioner while acting in the course of the person's professional practice, or as otherwise authorized by this chapter;
(ii) for an owner, tenant, licensee, or person in control of a building, room, tenement, vehicle, boat, aircraft, or other place knowingly and intentionally to permit them to be occupied by persons unlawfully possessing, using, or distributing controlled substances in any of those locations;

I don't know Utah case law on this but a metabolyte shouldn't be able to be used to show where a drug was used nor prove possession of the drug itself in the jurisdiction being charged. As long as everyone kept quiet this would seem like a very difficult cased to prove as long as the jury instructions did not allow for metabolytes=possession.
Update: Utah's Model Jury Instructions do not mention metabolyte equivalent. This case should be dismissed at the very latest at the close of State's evidence if not pursuant to a motion if they want to proceed:
CR1202A General Definition of Possession of a Controlled Substance.
"Possession" of a controlled substance means:

owning,
controlling,
holding,
retaining,
maintaining,
applying,
inhaling,
swallowing,
injecting, or
consuming
a controlled substance.

[For a person to possess a controlled substance, it is not required that the person individually possess it. It is sufficient if the person participated with one or more persons in the possession of a controlled substance with knowledge that the activity was occurring, or the controlled substance is found in a place or under circumstances indicating constructive possession.][/i][/i][/i]

References
Utah Code § 58-37-2

State v. Lucero, 350 P.3d 237 (2015)

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 20th, 2019, 11:35 am

hickaggie wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 11:30 am
hickaggie wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
aggiesdotcom wrote:

Update: Utah's Model Jury Instructions do not mention metabolyte equivalent. This case should be dismissed at the very latest at the close of State's evidence if not pursuant to a motion if they want to proceed:
CR1202A General Definition of Possession of a Controlled Substance.
"Possession" of a controlled substance means:

owning,
controlling,
holding,
retaining,
maintaining,
applying,
inhaling,
swallowing,
injecting, or
consuming
a controlled substance.

[For a person to possess a controlled substance, it is not required that the person individually possess it. It is sufficient if the person participated with one or more persons in the possession of a controlled substance with knowledge that the activity was occurring, or the controlled substance is found in a place or under circumstances indicating constructive possession.][/i][/i][/i]

References
Utah Code § 58-37-2

State v. Lucero, 350 P.3d 237 (2015)
It could be argued that metabylites are evidence that THC is present in the bloodstream but then why didn't the PD simply get a blood draw. That's far from a prima facie case without it and shouldn't even go to a jury.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » December 20th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 20th, 2019, 1:47 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 10:10 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 9:16 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:33 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:24 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 7:45 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 7:36 pm
We need to get rid of the zero tolerance policy.

My expectation is that this means what zero tolerance often means- ie police are unable to use discretion. They have to pursue it. They are unable to “not further investigate” when they suspect there was marijuana.
They have discretion. It is just in direct conflict with the number one qualification to be a police officer in the valley..

1. BE A COMPLETE AS$ HOLE
But they have a zero tolerance policy. Its ingrained at a much higher level.

I'm not sure how it manifests in practice in Logan- But often times if there is a zero tolerance policy and the officers did NOT pursue there could be various levels of consequences on the officers.

Sometimes zero tolerance is a good thing. We should have zero tolerance for people who drive while intoxicated. Typically that limit is .08 and in Utah it is .05... You can still get a DWI/DUI in states with a .05 BAC in states that have a .08 limit but the officers are allowed to use discretion. But above that they cannot.

https://www.loganutah.org/government/de ... /drugs.php

I dont know if it's a department policy or a county/city policy- but if that is the policy, and my understanding of the policy is correct- Officers literally have no choice other than move to another department but to enforce the rule.
That policy is obviously focused on narcotics and addiction if you read the page. Smoking a joint in your own apartment is about the equivalent of drinking a beer in your own basement during Prohibition. To go to the lengths to get warrants when no evidence was seen or found is absurd.

I dont come to that same conclusion after re-reading the page. They hyperlink to a page about marijuana and they have a picture of what I believe is a large amount of marijuana. What makes you conclude that they are only talking about narcotics?

I agree that it shouldnt be as big of a deal, I just dont know if police have leeway. Zero Tolerance policies is literally how you have kids getting suspended for school for biting their pop tart into the shape of a gun. Administrators of the law do not necessarily have a choice.
If that’s your conclusion, I don’t know what to tell you. Virtually every paragraph states the justification for their policy is addiction and narcotics. MJ might be included in the umbrella of illegal drugs but it’s clearly not the focus. Hell, they even say directly that the tip line should be used to report narcotics. Doesn’t say anything about reporting marijuana use in a private residence.
The photo with numbering device 8 appears to be marijuana and numbering device 10 appears to be shrooms.

But to be clear: you are denying that the zero tolerance policy applies to marijuana?

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » December 20th, 2019, 2:12 pm

Ahbye wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 5:58 pm
ShowMeAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 5:27 pm
treesap32 wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 3:44 pm
Here's my breakdown of the linked report:

Someone called the police telling them USU athletes were smoking pot. Cops arrive at apartment building and smell pot. They smell it stronger coming from a specific apartment room. They get into the apartment and find 6 people in there. Then they find a 7th person. They determine pot was consumed in apartment. The press charges. Athletes cooperate.

Did they even find pot? Seems like they're being charged on a stool pigeon (what are we, BYU?) and the cops sense of smell. I'm sure there's more to it than that, and maybe that's enough to charge, but as others have said, innocent until proven guilty.

I remember a similar story involving Robert Turbin when he was present in a car that smelled like Pot. Charges were dropped and he was determined to be innocent. I'm expecting something similar here.
was it the article linked in the OP, or another one I read, that said the cops had to get a warrant for a urine sample from the suspects, but they were otherwise fully cooperative, or something to that effect. If they provided a urine sample, then they'll either be exonerated or proven guilty, right?
Bingo! Contrary to some of the hyperbole on here, you don't get charged with possession of marijuana in this valley (or this state) unless you've got it in your control or in your system. Those who say otherwise are full of $hit. Put up or shut up before you make stupid baseless allegations like that. Do you realize how stupid and hypocritical you sound? "The cops just round everybody up, throw them in jail, and then sort it all out later, and by the way, how dare they accuse the players of committing crimes without any evidence?" You indict yourselves with your speech.

Bottom line is that every time we have a disappointing year here (thinking of our 3-9 year), it's because of internal issues that are selfish in nature. It's not that they dislike their teammates, it's that they don't think of the team before making the decision. I haven't yet read this case and I don't have to. Stuff like this has been going on all year while the Logan press has fiddled. It just happened to catch the eye of a reporter this week.
You know I love you, Ahbye, and I was not trying to say anything negative about the USU Police, Logan Police, or anything similar. I was simply recapping the article written by Cache Valley Daily and trying to understand what happened here. While at the same time reminding the masses that you are innocent until proven guilty, and that not everything you read in the media is 100% fact (thus my sentence "I'm sure there must be more to the story").

I thought the article wasn't very well written, and was confusing to me. I was also confused why everyone jumped to the conclusion that pot was being smoked or present (apparently including KSL who said that the officers saw players smoking pot in one of the bedrooms).

I'm sure it will all play out and hopefully the justice system works the correct way.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » December 20th, 2019, 2:13 pm

USU78 wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 6:25 pm
treesap32 wrote:

Someone called the police telling them USU athletes were smoking pot. Cops arrive at apartment building and smell pot. They smell it stronger coming from a specific apartment room. They get into the apartment and find 6 people in there. Then they find a 7th person. They determine pot was consumed in apartment. The press charges. Athletes cooperate.

Did they even find pot? Seems like they're being charged on a stool pigeon (what are we, BYU?) and the cops sense of smell. I'm sure there's more to it than that, and maybe that's enough to charge, but as others have said, innocent until proven guilty.

I remember a similar story involving Robert Turbin when he was present in a car that smelled like Pot. Charges were dropped and he was determined to be innocent. I'm expecting something similar here.
Why?
Why what? (yeah I'm a few days late... been busy)

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » December 20th, 2019, 2:55 pm

treesap32 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 2:12 pm
Ahbye wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 5:58 pm
ShowMeAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 5:27 pm
treesap32 wrote:

was it the article linked in the OP, or another one I read, that said the cops had to get a warrant for a urine sample from the suspects, but they were otherwise fully cooperative, or something to that effect. If they provided a urine sample, then they'll either be exonerated or proven guilty, right?
Bingo! Contrary to some of the hyperbole on here, you don't get charged with possession of marijuana in this valley (or this state) unless you've got it in your control or in your system. Those who say otherwise are full of $hit. Put up or shut up before you make stupid baseless allegations like that. Do you realize how stupid and hypocritical you sound? "The cops just round everybody up, throw them in jail, and then sort it all out later, and by the way, how dare they accuse the players of committing crimes without any evidence?" You indict yourselves with your speech.

Bottom line is that every time we have a disappointing year here (thinking of our 3-9 year), it's because of internal issues that are selfish in nature. It's not that they dislike their teammates, it's that they don't think of the team before making the decision. I haven't yet read this case and I don't have to. Stuff like this has been going on all year while the Logan press has fiddled. It just happened to catch the eye of a reporter this week.
You know I love you, Ahbye, and I was not trying to say anything negative about the USU Police, Logan Police, or anything similar. I was simply recapping the article written by Cache Valley Daily and trying to understand what happened here. While at the same time reminding the masses that you are innocent until proven guilty, and that not everything you read in the media is 100% fact (thus my sentence "I'm sure there must be more to the story").

I thought the article wasn't very well written, and was confusing to me. I was also confused why everyone jumped to the conclusion that pot was being smoked or present (apparently including KSL who said that the officers saw players smoking pot in one of the bedrooms).

I'm sure it will all play out and hopefully the justice system works the correct way.
Oh, no worries, I didn't have your post in mind at all when I wrote that.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 20th, 2019, 3:05 pm

treesap32 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 2:13 pm
USU78 wrote:
treesap32 wrote:

Why?
Why expect one thing or another? I'm for letting it all pay out. I don't expect GA to know more than the cops. I don't expect the prosecutors to know more than the Judge. I certainly don't expect the PD to know more than the cops, especially at this stage. Lie back, enjoy the game, and we'll then watch what, if anything, comes of the citation(s).

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » December 20th, 2019, 4:01 pm

USU78 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 3:05 pm
treesap32 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 2:13 pm
USU78 wrote:
treesap32 wrote:

Why?
Why expect one thing or another? I'm for letting it all pay out. I don't expect GA to know more than the cops. I don't expect the prosecutors to know more than the Judge. I certainly don't expect the PD to know more than the cops, especially at this stage. Lie back, enjoy the game, and we'll then watch what, if anything, comes of the citation(s).
I for one do not give a damn what comes out, small potatoes at best. I prefer not to judge anyone in this, I do see that Love decided to play in this bowl game which he did not need to do. I also saw Mr. Bright get his teammates to sing happy birthday to kid in the hospital in Texas, both seem to be good young men. I do see a lot of folks that want to judge Cops, players, without knowing what went on, well that does not speak well of those that do that.
These users thanked the author oleblu111 for the post:
USU78

FlashFast6

Post by FlashFast6 » December 20th, 2019, 9:14 pm

Usu0505 wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 7:16 am
FlashFast6 wrote:When i played, if you got busted with weed, you were done - period. Now that's late 80's early 90's and I know times have changed, but I am sure there isn't anywhere in the USU athletics handbook on conduct that says a "little weed" possession is cool. That said, the kids deserve a fair shot in court, but the fact a possession charge is pretty straightforward (and they were charged), leads me to believe they are guilty.

I don't think Kent matches up well with USU, so if the guys get suspended, it would greatly improve our chances of winning. On the other hand I hope they are allowed to play and if Kent pulls the upset, they beat USU with their best dudes out there.
I don’t think Kent state matches up well with any team playing in a bowl game. Hate to say it because we are in it but this is the bottom of the barrel bowl and Kent state is the last drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess KSU matched up better than I thought. We certainly played much better than the bottom of the barrel drop.

Your fans are a good bunch though. Good luck and I hope you follow us going forward. Good things are happening in Kent.
These users thanked the author FlashFast6 for the post (total 2):
Aggie_in_IdahoThunderAggie

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » December 20th, 2019, 9:16 pm

Good game and win definitely took it to our defense
These users thanked the author SpectrumMagic for the post:
FlashFast6

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » December 20th, 2019, 9:22 pm

FlashFast6 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 9:14 pm
Usu0505 wrote:
FlashFast6 wrote:When i played, if you got busted with weed, you were done - period. Now that's late 80's early 90's and I know times have changed, but I am sure there isn't anywhere in the USU athletics handbook on conduct that says a "little weed" possession is cool. That said, the kids deserve a fair shot in court, but the fact a possession charge is pretty straightforward (and they were charged), leads me to believe they are guilty.

I don't think Kent matches up well with USU, so if the guys get suspended, it would greatly improve our chances of winning. On the other hand I hope they are allowed to play and if Kent pulls the upset, they beat USU with their best dudes out there.
I don’t think Kent state matches up well with any team playing in a bowl game. Hate to say it because we are in it but this is the bottom of the barrel bowl and Kent state is the last drop.

I guess KSU matched up better than I thought. We certainly played much better than the bottom of the barrel drop.

Your fans are a good bunch though. Good luck and I hope you follow us going forward. Good things are happening in Kent.
Wish we would have won, but Kent played pretty darn good. I think some people underestimated Kent a bit. Crum is a good QB and you guys should have a special season next year. I'll be rooting for the Flashes.

FlashFast6

Post by FlashFast6 » December 20th, 2019, 9:30 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 9:22 pm
FlashFast6 wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:

Wish we would have won, but Kent played pretty darn good. I think some people underestimated Kent a bit. Crum is a good QB and you guys should have a special season next year. I'll be rooting for the Flashes.
You are a class act. Your QB is fun to watch. Kid looks like an NFL QB. Kent caught a few breaks but after a half century of bad football - we were due.

We caught lightning in a bottle with Crum. He reminds me of my son who is a freshman QB getting some interest. Instinctive - has a feel for it.

Go Aggies!

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » December 20th, 2019, 9:35 pm

FlashFast6 wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
FlashFast6 wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:

You are a class act. Your QB is fun to watch. Kid looks like an NFL QB. Kent caught a few breaks but after a half century of bad football - we were due.

We caught lightning in a bottle with Crum. He reminds me of my son who is a freshman QB getting some interest. Instinctive - has a feel for it.

Go Aggies!
Us Aggies can relate with decades of bad football, enjoy the win you guys deserve it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author bigblue for the post:
FlashFast6

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 21st, 2019, 9:47 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
FlashFast6 wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:

Crum was good for two reasons only.

1. Ena. He game planned against their leading rusher by not assigning someone to knock his (I can't express myself without swearing) down on every option play.

2. Ena. He took a good hardworking blue collar D line and turned it into an undisciplined lazy, slow bunch who couldn't tackle their grandma or stay in their lanes on pass rush downs. That QB wasn't fast wasn't shifty, wasn't strong. Fng break down and sack his (I can't express myself without swearing).

FlashFast6

Post by FlashFast6 » December 21st, 2019, 10:28 am

hickaggie wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 9:47 am
ThunderAggie wrote:
FlashFast6 wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:

1. Ena. He game planned against their leading rusher by not assigning someone to knock his a** down on every option play.

2. Ena. He took a good hardworking blue collar D line and turned it into an undisciplined lazy, slow bunch who couldn't tackle their grandma or stay in their lanes on pass rush downs. That QB wasn't fast wasn't shifty, wasn't strong. Fng break down and sack his a**.
I get the frustration for your DC but your post really minimizes a fantastic effort from Crum last night.

He made the throws when needed the runs when needed and to pin it on the DC solely is insane. Crum was hot last night and about the only thing the DC could have done was to ask the refs if you could play with 12 guys on D.

Deep down inside you know it too. Jimmy’s and Joe’s win games. Crum earned respect the way he played.
These users thanked the author FlashFast6 for the post:
BLUERUFiO

Blue42

Post by Blue42 » December 21st, 2019, 10:46 am

FlashFast6 wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 10:28 am
hickaggie wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
FlashFast6 wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:

1. Ena. He game planned against their leading rusher by not assigning someone to knock his a** down on every option play.

2. Ena. He took a good hardworking blue collar D line and turned it into an undisciplined lazy, slow bunch who couldn't tackle their grandma or stay in their lanes on pass rush downs. That QB wasn't fast wasn't shifty, wasn't strong. Fng break down and sack his a**.
I get the frustration for your DC but your post really minimizes a fantastic effort from Crum last night.

He made the throws when needed the runs when needed and to pin it on the DC solely is insane. Crum was hot last night and about the only thing the DC could have done was to ask the refs if you could play with 12 guys on D.

Deep down inside you know it too. Jimmy’s and Joe’s win games. Crum earned respect the way he played.
I honestly wasn’t overly impressed with Crum last night. All his throws were either screens or to wide open guys after complete breakdowns by our secondary (mainly on the 70 and 50 yard completions). His runs came from our defense being awful at covering the option, which they have been all year. It didn’t feel like he was making big plays as much as it felt like our defense was giving them up. Poor reads and poor tackling and we make any quarterback look like Mike Vick or Lamar Jackson based on their rushing stats.

*Edit: Credit to Crum though for taking advantage of our sucky defense and gameplan to make himself look like a star.

“Winning takes care of everything.”
- (pre-divorce) Tiger Woods

FlashFast6

Post by FlashFast6 » December 21st, 2019, 12:10 pm

Blue42 wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 10:46 am
FlashFast6 wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
FlashFast6 wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:

I honestly wasn’t overly impressed with Crum last night. All his throws were either screens or to wide open guys after complete breakdowns by our secondary (mainly on the 70 and 50 yard completions). His runs came from our defense being awful at covering the option, which they have been all year. It didn’t feel like he was making big plays as much as it felt like our defense was giving them up. Poor reads and poor tackling and we make any quarterback look like Mike Vick or Lamar Jackson based on their rushing stats.

*Edit: Credit to Crum though for taking advantage of our sucky defense and gameplan to make himself look like a star.
We will have to agree to disagree. I would not trade Crum though. Glad he is ours and he did look like a star last night.
These users thanked the author FlashFast6 for the post (total 2):
Blue42oleblu111

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » December 21st, 2019, 12:28 pm

The star on Kent State is that head coach. The guy reeks with emotion. The KS kids clearly play off his lead and worked hard and never got down throughout the game. Crum is the embodiment of the team and the coach. Like Jack Lambert a tough (I can't express myself without swearing), hard as nails guy who looks like a school boy but throws the first punch and loves a good fight.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
FlashFast6

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » December 22nd, 2019, 7:34 am

One look at the sidelines told the story of the game. Kent State was jumping around and very involved (as mentioned, I think the credit for that goes to the coach) and USU looked like they couldn't wait to get home and catch up on the missed episodes of The Bachelor.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 22nd, 2019, 9:36 am

FlashFast6 wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
FlashFast6 wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:

Crum was outstanding and completely gashed us over and over again. He had a great game and we had no answer for him. He took what we gave him and had a career night. He certainly gained my respect.

FlashFast6

Post by FlashFast6 » December 22nd, 2019, 11:15 am

bluegrouse wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 9:36 am
FlashFast6 wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
FlashFast6 wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:

Crum was outstanding and completely gashed us over and over again. He had a great game and we had no answer for him. He took what we gave him and had a career night. He certainly gained my respect.
And I handed a ton of respect for Love. Kid can make all the throws. He’s a keeper.

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » December 23rd, 2019, 7:17 am

FlashFast6 wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
FlashFast6 wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:

Go Aggies!
Congrats on the bowl win! I’m not afraid to admit when I’m wrong. Turns out we are the last drop.

These users thanked the author Usu0505 for the post:
FlashFast6

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » December 23rd, 2019, 8:37 am

I have all the respect in the world for Kent State. I wish our team had the same respect. Their team played with passion and desire. I hope our culture gets back to that as well. We've had some clunker bowl performances. I feel that our defense in the bowl game was a definite clunker.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
FlashFast6

coolag

Post by coolag » December 23rd, 2019, 8:41 am

YouEssYou wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:34 am
One look at the sidelines told the story of the game. Kent State was jumping around and very involved (as mentioned, I think the credit for that goes to the coach) and USU looked like they couldn't wait to get home and catch up on the missed episodes of The Bachelor.
Yep. This is the concern I have about the program as a whole. Never thought I'd see the day a Gary coached team in a bowl game look totally disinterested being there.

Regulator of Class

Cheecho6

Post by Cheecho6 » January 7th, 2020, 6:06 pm

So, whatever happened when they were supposed to be in court on the 30th of last month?

"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 7th, 2020, 7:24 pm

Cheecho6 wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 6:06 pm
So, whatever happened when they were supposed to be in court on the 30th of last month?

Jordan has a pretrial conference scheduled for January 28th. Sean Carter has an arraignment scheduled for the 14th. I found nothing in the calendar for Gerold. Also, the track athlete has an arraignment scheduled for the 14th.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » January 7th, 2020, 11:22 pm

A nine page thread about college kids doing what college kids do. Lol.

The only real story here is Coach A strangely throwing everyone under the bus for doing their jobs rather than just taking a little accountability for “his kids” breaking the law (albeit in a relatively innocuous way).

At least I got some good intel on which criminal defense attorney to hire if I ever get in hot water in Cache Valley. :lol:

This is all a good reminder that most of us have way too much invested in a bunch of twenty somethings that are just trying to smoke a bowl, chill, and get through college.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
BleedAggieBlue0BLUERUFiO

KissMyAg
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by KissMyAg » January 8th, 2020, 8:48 am

FlashFast6 wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
ThunderAggie wrote:
FlashFast6 wrote:
Usu0505 wrote:

Flash... Don’t pay attention to HickAggies post.
EDIT: no need for personal attacks. - The Management

Locked Previous topicNext topic