Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
MWCFAN12

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by MWCFAN12 » December 19th, 2019, 6:14 pm

GeorgiaAggie wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 4:58 pm
Moral of the story, don’t mess with Gary’s players by putting out false information because there will be a price to pay.
Last edited by MWCFAN12 on December 19th, 2019, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GaAggie

Post by GaAggie » December 19th, 2019, 6:48 pm

That's it!?! A warrant to test their urine!?! This is horrible.

https://www.hjnews.com/news/crime_court ... 798c7.html

“There was one report that suggested they were smoking marijuana. No, we never found them smoking marijuana.” Simmons said. “We did not find product or marijuana in the apartment while we were there. We didn’t find any paraphernalia. What our citations were based off of were warrants that had been sought after and approved by a judge to test their urine, and we did that. They tested positive.”

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » December 19th, 2019, 6:54 pm

GaAggie wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 6:48 pm

“There was one report that suggested they were smoking marijuana. No, we never found them smoking marijuana.” Simmons said. “We did not find product or marijuana in the apartment while we were there. We didn’t find any paraphernalia. What our citations were based off of were warrants that had been sought after and approved by a judge to test their urine, and we did that. They tested positive.”
This is a bunch of BS. I can see why Gary is so pissed and wants heads to roll. I went to USU in the late 80s and early 90s. I went to parties where people were smoking pot. Even though I never did, if you would of tested my urine, I’m sure it would be positive. This is complete crap.
These users thanked the author GeorgiaAggie for the post:
GaAggie

AgMac

Post by AgMac » December 19th, 2019, 6:59 pm

GeorgiaAggie wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 6:54 pm
GaAggie wrote:

This is a bunch of BS. I can see why Gary is so pissed and wants heads to roll. I went to USU in the late 80s and early 90s. I went to parties where people were smoking pot. Even though I never did, if you would of tested my urine, I’m sure it would be positive. This is complete crap.
Bahaha. You legitimately think your urine would have tested positive just for being at a party where people were smoking pot. I'm crying laughing.

Look, be pissed if you think there wasn't probable cause for the warrant, but if the urine tests were positive, these dudes had almost certainly smoked some pot.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post:
FlashFast6

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » December 19th, 2019, 7:03 pm

GaAggie wrote:

Can someone explain how if they weren't smoking, they didn't have any product, didn't have any paraphernalia, then what cause do they have to get a warrant? Doesn't there have to be some sort of probable cause?
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post (total 2):
GaAggieAggie_in_Idaho

Go Aggies!

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » December 19th, 2019, 7:05 pm

AgMac wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 6:59 pm
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 6:54 pm
GaAggie wrote:

Bahaha. You legitimately think your urine would have tested positive just for being at a party where people were smoking pot. I'm crying laughing.

Look, be pissed if you think there wasn't probable cause for the warrant, but if the urine tests were positive, these dudes had almost certainly smoked some pot.
Even if they had smoked it earlier, the fact that they were tested when they were, is complete BS. My college experiences aside.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 19th, 2019, 7:14 pm

Here is an article about a number of things that could have caused a positive test. Like secondhand smoke, pain pills, ibuprofen, cold medicine, even poppy seeds from bagels.
https://www.livescience.com/56921-weird ... drugs.html
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
Aggie_in_Idaho

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 19th, 2019, 7:36 pm

We need to get rid of the zero tolerance policy.

My expectation is that this means what zero tolerance often means- ie police are unable to use discretion. They have to pursue it. They are unable to “not further investigate” when they suspect there was marijuana.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » December 19th, 2019, 7:43 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 7:14 pm
Here is an article about a number of things that could have caused a positive test. Like secondhand smoke, pain pills, ibuprofen, cold medicine, even poppy seeds from bagels.
:lol: Yeah, it was probably one of those.

Again. I'm fine if people want to argue that there wasn't enough probable cause for a warrant. But let's save ourselves the embarrassing argument that 7 dudes had poppyseeds and ibuprofen.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post:
Aggie19

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » December 19th, 2019, 7:45 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 7:36 pm

My expectation is that this means what zero tolerance often means- ie police are unable to use discretion. They have to pursue it. They are unable to “not further investigate” when they suspect there was marijuana.
They have discretion. It is just in direct conflict with the number one qualification to be a police officer in the valley..

1. BE A COMPLETE AS$ HOLE

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » December 19th, 2019, 7:48 pm

AgMac wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 7:43 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:

Again. I'm fine if people want to argue that there wasn't enough probable cause for a warrant. But let's save ourselves the embarrassing argument that 7 dudes had poppyseeds and ibuprofen.
To be fair I piss my entire company a couple times (around 15 -18 guys ) a year and I've had several guys come to me and tell me they were going to fail and they didn't. And I've had other guys tell me they would absolutely pass and they didn't. Including a return missionary that had been home for only 3 weeks and I know was cleaned.

I'm not saying any of that happened here but I am saying on an individual basis it can absolutely be wrong

AgMac

Post by AgMac » December 19th, 2019, 7:54 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 7:48 pm
AgMac wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:

To be fair I piss my entire company a couple times (around 15 -18 guys ) a year and I've had several guys come to me and tell me they were going to fail and they didn't. And I've had other guys tell me they would absolutely pass and they didn't. Including a return missionary that had been home for only 3 weeks and I know was cleaned.

I'm not saying any of that happened here but I am saying on an individual basis it can absolutely be wrong
Yeah, I'm involved with it at my work as well, from the legal side. Like I said, it's just silly to go down this road.

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » December 19th, 2019, 7:59 pm

Where is our resident cop poster when we need him??

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 19th, 2019, 8:14 pm

Logan PD has some splaining to do.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
ViAggie

AgMac

Post by AgMac » December 19th, 2019, 8:19 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:14 pm
If they got a warrant, it's on the judge. But don't worry, judges always like to say that other judges made a mistake. :sarcasm:

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 19th, 2019, 8:24 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 7:45 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:

They have discretion. It is just in direct conflict with the number one qualification to be a police officer in the valley..

But they have a zero tolerance policy. Its ingrained at a much higher level.

I'm not sure how it manifests in practice in Logan- But often times if there is a zero tolerance policy and the officers did NOT pursue there could be various levels of consequences on the officers.

Sometimes zero tolerance is a good thing. We should have zero tolerance for people who drive while intoxicated. Typically that limit is .08 and in Utah it is .05... You can still get a DWI/DUI in states with a .05 BAC in states that have a .08 limit but the officers are allowed to use discretion. But above that they cannot.

https://www.loganutah.org/government/de ... /drugs.php

I dont know if it's a department policy or a county/city policy- but if that is the policy, and my understanding of the policy is correct- Officers literally have no choice other than move to another department but to enforce the rule.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 19th, 2019, 8:28 pm

So they saw no smoking, found no weed or paraphernalia but they still decided to bother a judge for a search warrant for urine samples??? And the judge granted a search warrant on that basis??? That is messed up shizz right there. Really, really pathetic.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
Aggie_in_Idaho

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 19th, 2019, 8:30 pm

AgMac wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:19 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
If they got a warrant, it's on the judge. But don't worry, judges always like to say that other judges made a mistake. :sarcasm:
Cops ask for the warrant right?

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 19th, 2019, 8:33 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:24 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

I'm not sure how it manifests in practice in Logan- But often times if there is a zero tolerance policy and the officers did NOT pursue there could be various levels of consequences on the officers.

Sometimes zero tolerance is a good thing. We should have zero tolerance for people who drive while intoxicated. Typically that limit is .08 and in Utah it is .05... You can still get a DWI/DUI in states with a .05 BAC in states that have a .08 limit but the officers are allowed to use discretion. But above that they cannot.

I dont know if it's a department policy or a county/city policy- but if that is the policy, and my understanding of the policy is correct- Officers literally have no choice other than move to another department but to enforce the rule.
That policy is obviously focused on narcotics and addiction if you read the page. Smoking a joint in your own apartment is about the equivalent of drinking a beer in your own basement during Prohibition. To go to the lengths to get warrants when no evidence was seen or found is absurd.

bigskysbro

Post by bigskysbro » December 19th, 2019, 8:43 pm

Would it be wrong of me to call Logan PD and let them know I'm coming to Logan in a couple weeks from Washington state and ask if they are gonna get a search warrant for my piss if I'm pulled over? For the record I don't smoke pot (anymore) but what a giant crock of sh!t

AgMac

Post by AgMac » December 19th, 2019, 8:43 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:30 pm
AgMac wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
Right, but you were implying they did something wrong. They quite literally 'splained their limited basis to a judge and he thought it was enough.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 19th, 2019, 8:46 pm

AgMac wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:43 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:30 pm
AgMac wrote:
Sl7vk wrote:
Right, but you were implying they did something wrong. They quite literally 'splained their limited basis to a judge and he thought it was enough.
Then their splainin should revolve on why they aren’t the losers they appear to be.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 19th, 2019, 8:47 pm

Those whole thread is ridiculous. This whole thread Democrats why we have a legal system with checks and balances in the first place. None of us, I mean none of us have the facts. Not the police, not the defense stormiest, not the media, not the coaches, not the judge that signed the warrant, not the fans. Nobody but the players. Everyone at this point is just doing their jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

AgMac

Post by AgMac » December 19th, 2019, 9:06 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:46 pm
Then their splainin should revolve on why they aren’t the losers they appear to be.
Yeah, pigs. Good luck explaining why cops are enforcing laws. Losers.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 19th, 2019, 9:16 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:33 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:24 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

That policy is obviously focused on narcotics and addiction if you read the page. Smoking a joint in your own apartment is about the equivalent of drinking a beer in your own basement during Prohibition. To go to the lengths to get warrants when no evidence was seen or found is absurd.

I dont come to that same conclusion after re-reading the page. They hyperlink to a page about marijuana and they have a picture of what I believe is a large amount of marijuana. What makes you conclude that they are only talking about narcotics?

I agree that it shouldnt be as big of a deal, I just dont know if police have leeway. Zero Tolerance policies is literally how you have kids getting suspended for school for biting their pop tart into the shape of a gun. Administrators of the law do not necessarily have a choice.
Last edited by Imakeitrain on December 19th, 2019, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 19th, 2019, 9:17 pm

AgMac wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 9:06 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
Your enforcing of a law is my invasion of privacy. If you don’t mind living in a police state than fine, I’ll pass.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 19th, 2019, 9:17 pm

The anger against the cops should be directed against your legislators that make the laws and associated penalties. It should also be directed at the federal government that still has marijuana as a schedule 1 drug and a federal crime to possess or use - despite wrist many states including Utah are doing.

I have not taken sides on the situation because I don’t know what the facts are. If we are going to have a discussion on whether marijuana should be legalized or not, that is a whole different discussion that is independent of whether it involves or starting QB and RB days before their last football game.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

AgMac

Post by AgMac » December 19th, 2019, 9:33 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 9:17 pm
AgMac wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 9:06 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
Your enforcing of a law is my invasion of privacy. If you don’t mind living in a police state than fine, I’ll pass.
Atta boy! Don't let The Man get ya down.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 19th, 2019, 9:40 pm

GaAggie wrote:

What probable cause were the damn warrants based on when they didn't find anything. What (I can't express myself without swearing). I forgot how Logan cops operate. They can't prove a thing because they can't prove where their metabolytes were consumed. Urine tests go back 30-45 days and don't actually show marijuana. Merely THC metabolytes.

Those tests should be suppressed.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post (total 2):
Sl7vkAggie_in_Idaho

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 19th, 2019, 9:45 pm

Mebbe? :noidea:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

BeNo

Post by BeNo » December 19th, 2019, 9:48 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 7:48 pm
AgMac wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:

My experience is similar. Confessions prior to negative urine test results. So now we do hair tests. And now that I think about it we had someone decline employment because they smoke weed and their current firm does not test for drugs.

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » December 19th, 2019, 9:58 pm

The judges just rubber stamp the warrants. They often come in late at night electronically and they just sign off on them. That appears to be what happened here.

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 19th, 2019, 10:14 pm

I’m generally very supportive of law enforcement but this just seems beyond ridiculous. I had a neighbor that smoked weed all the time when I lived in my last house and a neighbor directly below me in my condo now that smokes on his balcony. If I called SLC PD, I highly doubt they even send somebody out. Probably just laugh and say they have more important things to do. Same state, same laws.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » December 19th, 2019, 11:10 pm

dyedblue wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:47 pm
Those whole thread is ridiculous. This whole thread Democrats why we have a legal system with checks and balances in the first place. None of us, I mean none of us have the facts. Not the police, not the defense stormiest, not the media, not the coaches, not the judge that signed the warrant, not the fans. Nobody but the players. Everyone at this point is just doing their jobs.

I disagree I stated a few facts here

1. I was not invited and I'm not happy about it.
2. Prerequisite for being a cop in this Valley is you also have to be an a$$ HOLE.
3. I've had employees pass and fail drug test when they shouldn't have done either.

All three of these are in fact factual facts.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » December 19th, 2019, 11:17 pm

hickaggie wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 9:40 pm
GaAggie wrote:

What probable cause were the damn warrants based on when they didn't find anything. What (I can't express myself without swearing). I forgot how Logan cops operate. They can't prove a thing because they can't prove where their metabolytes were consumed. Urine tests go back 30-45 days and don't actually show marijuana. Merely THC metabolytes.

Those tests should be suppressed.
Apparently based on nothing but a "tip" phone call that someone suspected there was some smokin going on. Honestly that is all that is left.

Locked Previous topicNext topic